Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe - A New Vision

Co-Creator of the NV
    Part 10 – A Battle to End all Battles

The months after Wanda’s demise passed quickly. Across Etheria, word spread of She-Ra’s victory. The remaining members of The Six were alarmed by the news, not only because She-Ra won but because the victory apparently came with ease. Consequently, the remaining members of The Six chose to band together so as to provide mutual protection. Leaving their individual castles, they returned to where they had originally found the texts of the Covenant and build a fort above the catacombs.

Due to the number of people who witnessed She-Ra’s victory, her days of anonymity were at an end. People across the land were told of her beauty and her features were described to anyone who would listen. At first She-Ra was disturbed by the end of her secretive ways, but soon she embraced it as it would give her the key to victory.

The leaders of the various realms of Etheria looked to her for guidance. She was in turn given control of the united armies of Etheria, hers to command to ensure the downfall of the Covenant. She-Ra no longer fought alone, now she was followed into war by an army of thousands.

During this time She-Ra was also reunited with her parents. They immediately apologized to her for not heeding her wishes, but she told them that there was no need to apologize. Even though she was correct about the appropriate strategy, if she had never gone to battle alone as she had, the events that took place leading to her being given the Sword of Elements would never have occurred. Without the Sword of Elements, the army would’ve had no hope against The Six and eventually they would’ve fallen anyways.

Rallying her troops, She-Ra told them that the final battle was coming. The Six were encamped in a fortress in the region of Bright Moon. They were said to still command an army of over forty thousand soldiers, even after a number of their men had defected. Nearly all of them were stationed near to The Six’ fort, but she wasn’t afraid. The united front of Etheria had grown in the last few months to over seventy thousand men. She would bring sixty thousand of them to battle with her, and leave the rest in place in case the battle didn’t go well.

The trek to Bright Moon took over five weeks, but the men were in high spirits. They knew that they were marching towards a brighter future for Etheria and the end of the Covenant. During this march, the primary thought on She-Ra’s mind was getting to the fort quickly once the battle began. Due to sheer numbers, a victory for her side was inevitable, regardless of her involvement, but she knew that the combined power of the remaining members of The Six could potentially lead to hundreds or even thousands of deaths for her men. None of the men had any hope against them whatsoever and their only hope would be to wear them down with exhaustion, but to do so would mean rivers of Etherian blood. She-Ra had to head them off before it came to that.

Eventually, the Etherian front arrived and met the forces of the Covenant. The battle was horrific, hundreds being cut down in mere minutes. Rain poured down from above, mixing in with the blood that covered the land.

She-Ra rode ahead, cutting a swath through the Covenant army, getting closer to the fortress. Then suddenly She-Ra felt a horrible pain in her left shoulder and she fell off her horse.

Hitting the ground hard, she looked to her left and saw an arrow sticking out of her arm. Quickly another three arrows came her way. She-Ra able to block two with her sword, but the third one grazed her leg. This was the work of Aeryeth, the archer. Crawling through the mud, She-Ra found cover behind a boulder she quickly looked up to try to find Aeryeth, but as she did to an arrow shot by her head, nearly taking her ear with it. Ripping off some cloth, she tied it tightly around her wounds to stop the bleeding. Knowing she couldn’t safely look over the boulder, she lifted her sword and looked at the reflective blade, angling it until she could find here Aeryeth was on the fortress roof. Drenched and cold, She-Ra felt the ground shake with thunder… but the thunder brought about a moment of inspiration.

Angling the Sword of Elements so that it pointed roughly in the direction of Aeryeth, She-Ra shot out a blast of lightning. Although the lightning didn’t hit Aeryeth, it did momentarily blind her, causing her to stumble forward. She-Ra used this moment to jump out from behind cover and use the Sword of Elements to send a blast of wind at Aeryeth. The gush of wind hit Aeryeth hard, causing her to lose her footing and fall to the ground below.

Rushing to the fortress, She-Ra stopped by Aeryeth’s prone body. Her head had been cracked open in the fall. Her threat had ended. She-Ra then entered the fortress.

Man, this She-Ra is a certified BAD***!!! Great work DL!! Now lets get wolf to draw her and some of the Six up!!

Co-Creator of the NV
    Part 11 – A Battle of Wits

There were a number of soldiers in the fortress, but not enough to cause She-Ra any difficulties. She knew what she had to do.

She-Ra quickly found the two remaining sorcerers, Ulfar and Arlain. They were in a room, chanting quietly until they were disturbed. She-Ra wasn’t entirely sure what she had witnessed, but she believed that they were pooling their powers to defend against her attack. In any case, they reacted quickly once she entered the room.

She-Ra had to move quickly to avoid bolts of fire and energy that came at her. The fire quickly set the room alight, the smoke making it hard to breathe. No matter what she did, it seemed as if she couldn’t get into a position where she could attack one mage without the other intervening. Whenever she ran towards Arlain, Ulfar would send a blast at her, forcing her to duck. When she got near to Ulfar, Arlain would attack. She-Ra simply couldn’t corner the two of them together and it seemed like she was constantly surrounded.

Coughing from the smoke, She-Ra tripped over a chest that was in the center of the room, smacking the ground hard and dropping her sword. Arlain took advantage of this and used the opportunity to give her a telekinetic toss against one of the stone walls. Slamming into the wall, She-Ra’s left shoulder was dislocated and she hit the ground in agony, tears running down her dirty face. Propping her back up against the wall, she saw Ulfar walking towards her, a sadistic intent clearly visible in his eyes. Looking around the room, She-Ra saw that many of the supports in the room had been shattered by their blasts, or were on fire. She-Ra then became aware of the fact that she was able to hear a creaking in the ceiling, barely audible over the crackling of the fires. Looking across the room, she saw that there was one support still left undamaged.

Ignoring the pain of her dislocated shoulder, She-Ra pushed off from the ground with all of her might and head-butted Ulfar in the stomach, knocking him over. She-Ra knew he would only be winded briefly and used the opportunity to rush towards her sword, picking it up with her right hand and stumbling back to the doorway.

Arlain and Ulfar laughed as they saw her struggling to get out of the room, believing she was a coward. But then to their surprise, when she lifted her sword up with her right arm, she did not point it at them. She instead pointed it at the remaining support. Right then her plan became apparent, but it was too late.

A blast of energy shot out of the sword, shattering the remaining support beam. The roof collapsed, with tons of stone and wood falling into the room, crushing the life out of Ulfar and Arlain.

Sitting against the wall in the hallway, She-Ra was panting with exhaustion and pain. Forcing herself to stand up, she popped her left arm back into its socket, letting out a cry of pain. Sweat dripping down her face, she looked up and knew that that there was only one left.

another interesting installment, look forward to seeing more
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Co-Creator of the NV
    Part 12 – The End of The Six

She-Ra was sore. She was hungry. She was tired. She wanted nothing more than to collapse into bed and sleep for a hundred years, but there was one last task to accomplish.

Walking up the many flights of stairs, towards the top level of the fort, she knew that Arik would be waiting for her. She had no idea what to expect from him, but she knew she was nervous.

At the top of the stairwell, there was one large door. Pushing it open, She-Ra stepped inside and saw one lone man, holding a sword. This was Arik.

“You’ve come a long way to die, little one.”

“Your comrades didn’t do so well against me, why do you think you’ll do any better?”

“Those fools were never my equal. I knew that you would cut them down.”

“Then why didn’t you help them?”

“Because I wanted it all. Do you think that I am satisfied with what we have accomplished? At best I would rule a sixth of this pathetic planet. None of the others were ever a match for me, but fighting them would’ve tired and weakened me. Eventually one of them may’ve been able to bring me down. I much prefer the thought of you doing it.”

“Even if you beat me, there is no way that you can defeat the armies of Etheria. Your men are outnumbered and weak.”

“Do you seriously think that I would be stupid enough to attempt to fight all of them alone? I can build a new army, one that is only loyal to me. When I have done so, your pitiful rabble will be crushed under my heel. Once your head has been removed from your shoulders, I will set fire to the texts of the Covenant that are below me and leave this wretched place… with your sword.”

“My sword would never allow you to command it. You could never use its power.”

“Power is meant to be taken, not received. Your sword will learn to obey a new master.”

Without another word, Arik lunged at She-Ra. Sidestepping Arik; she slashed her sword towards his torso but was quickly blocked. Unlike Gunnar, Arik had incorporated many defensive moves into his array of techniques and hitting him would be that much more difficult.

Their private battle raged on for over an hour, neither giving nor taking any ground. Try as she might, She-Ra was unable to hit Arik with any of the blasts that her sword was capable of creating. He was always able to sidestep or duck whatever shot his way. However, the length of the battle was taking its toll on She-Ra. She had already been injured before confronting Arik, and her body was sore. Hearing the sounds of battle outside, She-Ra came up with one final attack.

The floor that she was standing on had been weakened when the other part of the fortress had collapsed on Ulfar and Arlain. She-Ra knew she likely couldn’t beat Arik cleanly, not in the shape she was in… she really hated having to do this.

Pointing the sword to the ground, She-Ra focused all of her remaining energy into a single “earthquake blast” directed towards the floor. Shattering the floor under herself and Arik, they both fell over thirty feet into the chamber below, breaking many bones in the fall. Craning her head to the side she saw that Arik was badly hurt, a piece of stone jutting out of his chest. She then heard voices coming closer and was aware of her soldiers entering the room. Her gamble had paid off it seemed, as she was right about her soldiers having finally approached the castle.

As she was about to pass out, she saw one of her soldiers impale Arik with a spear. Then one of her generals said, “She-Ra, be strong. You will survive this.”

Unconsciousness came.

Parts 1 and 2 of the Epilogue are to come!
    Last edited by Darth Latveria; August 21, 2008 at 12:00am.

Mm... I finally decided this reminds me of the 80's Robin Hood series from England. This last battle is the best so far.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Epilogue Part 1 – Queen She-Ra

The next few months were a blur for She-Ra.

During the final battle with Arik, she had gotten a very bad concussion, broke four ribs, punctured a lung and broke both of her legs. That was on top of the various injuries she had received before evening reaching him. Thankfully, Rhadamanthus was an excellent healer and he spent many days at her side working on her injuries. Four months to the day after Arik’s demise, She-Ra was healed.

The Etherian people were all thankful for what she had done. Seeing the damage that the Covenant had caused, they knew that it could’ve been averted if they had had a united front all along. Consequently, they agreed to flag together under one leader. She-Ra was chosen to be their queen.

It took She-Ra awhile to get used to being a ruler and at times she missed the combat of her youth, but in time she adjusted to it. She-Ra chose Bright Moon as her home, and had the remnants of the Covenant fortress removed. In its place, she built a wondrous castle over the catacombs, made out of solid crystal. For centuries to come, the Crystal Castle would be the center of the Etherian royal family and a symbol of peace and goodwill.

As the years passed, She-Ra proved to be a wise and able ruler. Regardless of the level of power that she obtained, she always made sure to treat others with respect, regardless of whether they be the nobility of other regions or the lowliest of peasants. When people would speak to her of her of the final battle, she would always quickly deflect the responsibility of the victory to her army, stating that she only did her part. Eventually She-Ra even found a man and they married, producing many children. The rest of She-Ra’s days were peaceful and quiet, and at 94 years of age, she died in her sleep.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Epilogue Part 2 – Remnants of the Covenant

When She-Ra was fully healed after her battle with Arik, she returned to Bright Moon to explore the catacombs. She found the chamber that held the ancient texts, but to her surprise, only the mystical texts remained. The texts on combat were nowhere to be found.

Thinking back to her battle with Arik, she recalled his mentioning destroying the texts of the Covenant after the battle had concluded. That is when it struck her that he had only decided to destroy the texts relating to magic, as he was unable to utilize them himself and wanted to ensure that they could never be used against him. He had secreted away the texts on combat and although she spent years searching for them, sending out dozens of search parties, She-Ra was never able to find the remaining texts.

When she had the Crystal Castle built, she chose to place it over the chamber of the Covenant so that she and her family could ensure that the ancient texts of magic would never be used for evil. Although it had occurred to her to destroy the texts, she felt that they may be needed in case evildoers someday found the texts on combat. She believed that if evil were to arise again; one of her descendants would discover the texts and use them to destroy that evil. After all, wasn’t that the lesson of balance that Rhadamanthus had taught her? She-Ra also placed the Sword of the Elements in a hidden part of the castle, knowing that it would be found if it was ever needed again.

However, although She-Ra understood the concepts of balance that the Book of Elements had taught, what she hadn’t grasped was that the forces of both good and evil can come from the most unexpected of places. She-Ra had set into action a series of events that allowed for Etheria to be ruled justly and peacefully for nearly one thousand years, but she also inadvertently set into action another series of events that led to the destruction of said peace. You see, one of her distant, yet direct, descendants eventually discovered the magical books of the Covenant. Yet unlike his distant ancestor, this boy was warped and chose not to use the power for good. His name was Hordak, and his actions are another story to be told.

The End

Well the tale of She-Ra in the NV has come to an end. I'd like to hear what some of the NV reading pop-fans have to say, although any and all comments are welcome.

There are some things I'd also like to ask people. I write the stories for fun, but I only post them for the purpose of getting comments (otherwise I'd just leave them in my head or on my computer). So the frequent lack of commentary makes me wonder if there is any point in posting the stories if they are seldom liked enough for the readers to feel like spending a few seconds to post a comment. That being said, I am thankful for each and every single comment I do get and am excited whenever I see a post in here that is no mine or Wolf's.

I really, really hate doing back to back posts in here, but much of the time the only way I can avoid it is to ask someone to make a post in here so that my posts can at least be broken up somewhat. For instance, if I just left things be and chose not to do double posts, I'd probably never get the last part of the She-Ra story up and quite frankly with the general lack of posts I wonder if anyone would care. So if I was wondering that if I do continue the stories, should I just post them in one giant post? For instance, should I have posted the whole She-Ra thing in one gigantic post with some bold highlights to separate the different parts? Personally I think gigantic posts like that are rather hard to read, but maybe it'd get better responses? I dunno.. any tips on formatting changes in here would definitely be appreciated.

Great way to end the story. As far as any post suggestions, i like the way you are doing it now. I agree that one long post is daunting. Keep up the awesome work!

Movie mayhem!
    The she-ra epic was a really fun read. I hope you do more of these longer stories they are really fun.

yeah I sometimes wonder if enough people care about the NV for us to even bother carry on writing it, it would be nice to get a few more replies from people who haven't replied (or at least not regularly)

Sometimes I feel the same way about my fanfic, but I have noticed the number in the "read" column rising. I figure if they are not posting, at least they are reading it.

That being said, great work on the Preternian She-Ra story!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    yeah I sometimes wonder if enough people care about the NV for us to even bother carry on writing it, it would be nice to get a few more replies from people who haven't replied (or at least not regularly)

Ye ungrateful wee pup you! Seriously dude, it's hard to get any replies on fics at all-- and at least you have a following that does post regularly. Cool on the end, Darth Latveria, BTW.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinitess View Post
    Ye ungrateful wee pup you! Seriously dude, it's hard to get any replies on fics at all-- and at least you have a following that does post regularly. Cool on the end, Darth Latveria, BTW.
    Lol, as DL will agree on no doubt it is best not to take things I say to seriously I'm actually grateful for the posts we get

Oh and if you mean the end reveal which shows that Hordak is the direct descendant of She-Ra (great great great great grandson) then yeah it is a good twist....as good as it was when I came up with it

Very, very interesting work going on here! My favourite was Castaspella's bio! Keep it up!!

Co-Creator of the NV
    Here is an old bio that I wrote quite a long time ago (I think last November). I thought I had posted it awhile ago, but not being able to find it in the thread I see that I had not. Enjoy!

The Changer

Eternia is a unique and beautiful planet, with many varied lands and animals. There is an island that has no name, because few Eternians know it even exists. It is surrounded by some of the harshest storms and seas on Eternia, making it all but unreachable for the citizens of the rest of the planet.

Being in such a dangerous location, the island’s creatures evolved into some of the most dangerous animals on the planet. At some point in the distant past, no one is sure when, some humans ended up on the island. It appears that they were likely very powerful mages who were stranded on the island. Lacking any forms of advanced technology, the mages had to learn to survive through their wits and magic.

Over years, the civilization changed and devolved. They forgot their origins and started to forget their magic. However, the many years of continuous magic use caused the people to change on a biological level. Instead of actively making incantations to control the powers from beyond, the magical powers became a part of their very essence, no longer requiring them to actively use spells.

To survive, the people evolved and became more like the animals that surrounded them. Their magic allowed them some to get the speed of the claw-tiger and others to have the strength of the blood bear. When needed, they could even grow the leathery wings of the giant man-bats. The people themselves became very primitive, almost as much animal as man. They no longer knew how to read and write and their language was a strangely evolved version of ancient Eternian.

One of these people was named Kurn. He was a shape-changing adept, able to take on more animal attributes than anyone else in history. Consequently, he was very egotistical and felt that he should lead the people. The tribal elders disagreed, feeling that he was too young and brash to make a good leader.

Kurn didn’t take their rejection well. He stormed their chambers and tore them limb from limb. Knowing that there would be retribution, he decided to leave the island, although no one had ever successfully done so in the past.

Stealing a boat and using his powers to their fullest, he was eventually able to get past the horrible storms and waters that surrounded his island. Arriving in calmer waters, he passed out, exhausted from battling the waves and winds.

Merman found him floating his boat and brought him to Skeletor. This is how he came to work for the evil forces of Eternia.

Personality and Appearance

Kurn is filled with an animalistic rage. He has a terrible temper and has a tendency to lash out at things that bother him. He doesn’t have any interest in things related to art or knowledge and is instead focused more on the basics of survival and gaining power. His drives are very simple. He wants control over those around him, he wants good food and he wants a suitable stock of people to breed with. He is more animal than man.

When not transformed, he is 5’10” and weighs about 150 lbs. He has a wiry frame. His hair is a deep red, almost bloodlike in its composition. His body is naturally fairly hairy, but the hair is not so thick that it is fur-like. Kurn’s hair is long and his beard is ragged and poorly kept. His eyes are black, showing very little emotion or intelligence.

Powers

Kurn can take on some of the skills that the animals on his island have. Essentially, he has three additional forms in which he can take.

The first one is based on the blood bear. He grows to a height of about 6 feet, 7 inches tall. His body gets a lot more muscular and he sprouts fur that can protect him from rain and cold. His strength goes up remarkably and his hands get sharp claws that allow him to easily tear through the flesh of his opponents.

The second form, one that is based on the claw tiger, doesn’t change his size, but he does get somewhat stronger, although not as strong as in his first form. All of his senses increase remarkably (even allowing for night vision); his agility, speed and reflexes increase tenfold. He also grows fangs.

The last form is similar to a man-bat. His skin becomes leathery and large wings grow out of his back. Clear folds cover his eyes, protecting them from wind. In this form he can fly, although it is very tiring and he finds it easier to glide.

Kurn can only assume one of these forms at a time, he cannot mix and match aspects of them and create new forms. The transformations take a lot out of him, so he usually requires rest between changes.

It's the lovechild of Man-E-Faces and Beastman!
    Signed by-- ME!

---

Co-Creator of the NV
    Awhile ago I created a new faction called the Sentinels of Eternia, explaining how they differed from the other factions. I also wrote bios for all the members of the group, except or the leader Marcus, whom I said had a very big secret. Finally, I have written Marcus' bio. Below are the links to the other members of the faction and below that is Marcus' bio. Enjoy!

The Sentinels of Eternia

Claudius
    Gerald
    Kairos
    The Berserker

Marcus

Only a handful of people on all of Eternia have any idea that Marcus exists at all, but none of them know much about his past. Those who do know of his existence are known as the Sentinels of Eternia, and believe themselves to be Eternia’s greatest protectors, working from the shadows to ensure its safety. What the remaining Sentinels have been told is that Marcus founded the group over two thousand years ago, to protect Eternia from evils such as Hordak. The earliest incarnations of the Sentinels wiped out the remnants of Hordak’s support across Eternia. Since then they have attacked any and all threats to the security of Eternia, including a genocidal shadow war waged on the remaining Snakemen. A little over two decades ago they were called into action once more, to destroy the forces of a man named Keldor, but during this war many of their forces were lost and now the Sentinels are only a shadow of their former selves. The Sentinels are well aware of the history of their group, but the question has always remained, who is Marcus? The truth, if it were known, would shock the Sentinels of Eternia to their very core.

Marcus was born over two thousand years ago, a contemporary to King Grayskull. He himself doesn’t remember much of his early life, but it is apparent that he was a well trained mystic. Sometime during his mid to late 20’s he first came into contact with Hordak.

Many people believe that Hordak is immortal, especially those who know of his past on Eternia and the fact that he is still alive. However, that is not the case. Although Hordak’s lifespan is far longer than that of most mortals, he is certainly not an immortal. Furthermore, time does not pass in Despondos in a manner similar to how it passes on Eternia, thus for two thousand years Hordak was left unaware of the passage of time. Thus Hordak had taken it upon himself to learn the secret of immortality and to do so he spent years performing magical experiments on thousands of prisoners. Hordak’s experiments were unsuccessful and all of Hordak’s test subjects came to a gruesome demise, save one, Marcus.

Marcus was not given immortality by Hordak; however his aging was slowed immensely, so much so that he only aged one year for every fifty that passed, thereby appearing to be immortal to most. Seeing that Marcus survived his experiments, and being aware of his previous mystical expertise, Hordak believed that he could put Marcus to use. He removed whatever memory remained of Marcus’ past, while leaving Marcus’ mystical abilities untouched. Marcus would be Hordak’s secret weapon.

During his war with King Grayskull, Hordak believed that it was possible that he would lose. Hordak knew that if he lost to King Grayskull, he’d have to leave Eternia for an extended period of time. He’d need to heal his wounds and rebuild his army. It was his belief that Eternia could be made susceptible to his future rule if the proper steps were taken. Thus he came up with the concept of the Sentinels of Eternia and Marcus was the key to that plan.

The first step would be to remove all memory of his existence. An enemy that knows your strengths will not underestimate you, making the final victory that much harder to accomplish. Hordak knew that by the time he returned to Eternia, any factions that had remained loyal to him would’ve grown weak and become nearly useless. But they would have kept his memory alive, ensuring that future generations would be prepared for him. Thus the first step was to have the Sentinels wipe out his remaining forces, helping Hordak’s memory fade into the sands of time.

When considering the various factions on Eternia, Hordak believed that the Snakemen were a far worse threat than the humans. Although King Grayskull himself was extremely powerful, he believed that the humans were weak and complacent. He felt that they didn’t have the will to succeed or the viciousness of the Snakemen. As a matter of fact, Hordak felt that the only reason the Snakemen lost their first war was because humans had lucked out by having He-Ro save them. Hordak doubted that another person could rise to save Eternia has He-Ro and King Grayskull had. So the next step of Hordak’s plan was to have the Sentinels cripple the remaining forces of the Snakemen, thereby ensuring human rule.

The purpose of wiping out Hordak’s memory and ensuring that the Snakemen never rose to be a significant threat again was simple: It led to Eternia becoming complacent and weak, ensuring a victory upon Hordak’s return.

Marcus’ long lifespan made him an ideal leader for the Sentinels of Eternia, so Hordak told him to set the plan in motion in the event of Hordak losing the war. To further aid Marcus, Hordak gave him a weapon called the Axe of Shadows which would greatly empower a warrior.

Since Hordak’s banishment by King Grayskull, Marcus has fulfilled his duties faithfully, however his duties changed upon Hordak’s return…

When Hordak returned to Eternia, he immediately sought out Marcus and was pleased to see that Marcus had fared well over the years and had fulfilled his mission admirably. Hordak then told Marcus about his plans to wage a new war on Eternia and how the Sentinels were to be used. Obviously they couldn’t be too much of a thorn in Hordak’s side, as they were created to further his conquests, but they couldn’t be told to simply ignore the war either as it would lead to their being suspicious. Hordak considered simply destroying the lot of them, but it occurred to him that he might lose once more, in which case it would be a shame for Marcus to have to rebuild the group from scratch. So Hordak chose to only eliminate some of them, telling Marcus to send a few of the Sentinels on missions that were essentially traps. As for the Sentinels that were to live, Hordak chose to have Marcus send them after generals in Keldor’s army whose allegiance he doubted. Once more, Hordak’s precautions proved wise, as he lost the war and was exiled to Etheria. And once more, Marcus patiently awaits his master’s return.

Movie mayhem!
    Cool! I always like the sentinels idea

Co-Creator of the NV
    Wolf and I were wondering if there are any requests from the people who read the NV. Specifically, are there any characters or topics from MOTU or other similar sword & sorcery stuff that you'd like to see us cover in an upcoming story?

AH! Finally I found the time to read your She-ra story (just arrived at college to do so!). Absolutely wonderful story, it feels as though it could be a series on it's own. I love the ancient She-ra and the origin on the book that Hordak found to gain his power (the concept of the covenant is also very well-done as well!). I applaud your effort for this story (I know you don't like her very much, but you did wonderfully with this) and I shall continue reading more of NV. Great job!

(If anyone needs to e-mail me don't use the one on this site just use knight_of_circe@yahoo.com)

"I am Skeletor overlord of E-ville!"
    -Skeletor (MYP version...he definitely said E-ville)

http://khenmes.deviantart.com/

I'm glad you enjoyed the story, just as I bet DL is as well (he wrote it after all).

Yeah I invented the covenant for two reasons

1. We needed an evil group that predated all existing ones, such as teh Snakemen, Evil Horde and Evil Warriors. Teh Covenant seen in the She-Ra story is the second one and only consists of six (I think) members, while the original Covenant from Pre-Preternia / Pre-Pretheria numbered at 1000 members strong (and that does not even include all the little foot soldiers at their command).

oh and

2. HE needed an origin. If any of you remember my fan character HE (the Kitchen boy who finds an ancient magic stone and turns into a force of pure evil and power) you may remember that the source of his powers and abilities is that he is possessed by 1000 evil souls.

1000 members of the original Covenant, 1000 Souls possessing HE... HE is the Covenant.

DL simply used the Covenant for his She-Ra story as he needed a group of evil warriors for her to fight but seeing as she came before our version of Hordak (being his great great great grandmother she would have to predate him) and the Snakemen were on Eternia we decided to create a Covenant mark 2 for her to battle. Personally I think it turned out pretty well.

Co-Creator of the NV
    The interesting thing that Wolf didn't mention is that the Covenant weren't originally going to be the villains of the story. I had created a team of villains a long time ago who utilized the power of the elements. It was their powers that were going to lead to the creation of the sword of elements, but in the end when I started the She-Ra story I had completely forgotten about them (I think Wolf did too) and only came across their story just now while looking at my files.

King Urik Bludaxe of Vallhalos

aka

Bludaxe

The mighty warrior king of Vallhalos. This heroic viking joins the fight against the evil forces of Skeletor at the behest of his blood brother, Randor of Eternos.

full bio coming soon

Eternian princess Princessadora's Avatar
    Okay Dl Ive finally finshed your story and I think it was aswsome. It was a new version which was diffrent but over the last few days Ive gotten hooked and I beleive you did a really good job.
    I only fight when I have to and every time I hope its the last.