Thread: Princess of Power TOY REVIEW Thread #4: Frosta!

Princess of Power TOY REVIEW Thread #4: Frosta!

Ok, I KNOW this one is going to be gang-busters popular! I love this figure - but I didn't really like her on the show that much -- her voice was NOT what I had imagined it to be... however, I remember seeing her on the cartoon for the first time in the beginning of Season One, and thinking that they had done a great job - she looked just like the figure.

I first got Frosta without her cape or staff in the lot of She-Ra dolls my friend gave me (she was a girl down the street who didn't want them anymore, and as I have said, I wasn't really allowed to have many She-Ra figures).

I loved the colors, and I loved the fact that her wrist-guards looked like ice.

I finally got a complete one around the same time I got a complete Casta... from a woman who had an ad in Toy Collector Magazine. I was psyched. I loved her cape - especially because it kind of opens up, OR you can leave it folded behind her, AND it has that COOL collar.

The only thing I didn't like was that the staff handle was too skinny. I always thought it should have been thicker, so she could hold it like Glimmer holds HER staff.

VERY good figure, great character.

9 out of 10
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    She was the third hardest to find behind glimmer then kowl.

Big dissappointment that she wasnt catras friend since you didnt see her in sots.

10/10 - the lighter blue hair one

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    i loved frosta... her wand was great, but the staff was a bit skinny... though glimmer's staff wasn't skinny enough, it was too difficult to put in her hand... (i had to word that carefully! lol!)

anyway, i loved the ice-blue... blue has always been one of my favorite colors, and i loved her cape... that iridescent fabricy stuff was and still is so beautiful to look at. as always, i wished that each figure would come with a weapon and a shield... the first wave was lacking in the shield area. (and angella didn't even have any sort of weapon, either.)

as an adult, i think frosta should have been a villain. she'd have made a formidable foe for the rebellion.

i'd give frosta a 9/10; she'd get a 10/10 if she had a swivel head and a shield. (my frosta holds an extra peekablue shield...)
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

Heroic Warrior Spinnerella_of_OZ's Avatar
    I never had a Frosta but my friend had one, I have always loved the material that her cape and skirt are made of. I also liked how she has ice around her jewel she is definately one icy empress. She is a really beautiful doll and my Mums favourite She-Ra, I give her 8/10. I also think she is one of the best Series 1 dolls, but not my favourite.
    Jackie O
    To see my collection visit http://www.myspace.com/jacquelyn848

Frosta is an example of a series 1 gal that I think they did right. After seeing the rotoplast Frosta's hair, however, I wish that they ALL came with that color hair! (I know some will disagree).

Frosta was one of my first dolls, too. I used to take her everywhere with me until I got She-Ra, so I was quite attached. Normally, blue is not a favorite color with me, but Frosta has some striking accents on her costume and her boots are awesome. So I'm smitten.

Like others I wish that staff fit her hand better; my Frosta's staff likes to swivel around over time while she stands in the curio, until it eventually faces the side.

I agree with LadyA about the swivel head...I think she's be evenmore beautiful with a swivel head too.

She gets an 8/10 from me.
    Leeloomina´ Lekatariba Lamina-Tcha´ Ekbat De Sebat

ooooooh

I love Frosta

She was one of the figures my much older cousin had that I coveted. She said she was saving them for her children.. She now has two boys.. :P so yeah.. doubt they're gonna be playing with 'em anytime soon.

THe thing I loved most about Frosta, was how true to the figure the cartoon looked.. And how gorgeous in general the figure was.. I loved the blue hair.. and the design of her body mold .. the outfit was beautiful and so fitting to the character.. I still don't have a staff for mine.. I have everything else and boy is she gorgeous..

One of the things that kind of takes down a point for me though.. is how plain she is really compared to the one on the back of the comic.. which i assume is the same as the backcard.. but not having one MOC i can only imagine.. Periwinkle hair, very colourful cape..

ON the whole I give her a 9/10 I think her cape could have a bit more to it somewhere. They might've done more with her makeup too.. She just looks kinda like she'ra with a dye job as far as the head goes..

Wicket

Heroic Warrior
    I wish there were first series variants with swivel heads

I really should be workin wingprincess's Avatar
    10/10!!!, I loved her sooo much that I didn't want to play with her! She is still in great condition in my collection.

I loved her blue hair and pretty face. Her cape was just beautiful. I have to say, she is my favorite doll.
    "Instead of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen, not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the seas! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!" - Galadriel