View Poll Results: Wich is the best Shokoti?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Super-munkyboy

0 0%
  • 2. Glass Shrimp

1 1.09%
  • 3. Nightwing

18 19.57%
  • 4. gBagok

24 26.09%
  • 5. Yaoi Huntresse

0 0%
  • 6. Granbeetle

1 1.09%
  • 7. Baena

45 48.91%
  • 8. 2-bad

3 3.26%
  • 9. oIcemaNo

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vote for the best Shokoti redesign. 1

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar

Vote for the best Shokoti redesign. 1

Happy halloween everybody!! =)

Well, this challenge had a just amazing turnout, and as such, I have split the polls to make room for everybody.
    You're allowed to vote in both polls, and should there not be a clear winner from both polls, I will post a third
    final poll to decide the winner.

Also, a special thanks goes out to Baena for rousing up excitement and calling out his fellow artists to join in the fun.
    I honestly don't think we would have had the turnout we had without you, Mr Baertsch.

Now... vote for your favourite!! :-D

Also, since the poll for the next challenge was so close, it will indeed be Castaspella next, but I'm going to have to put
    down my ironed fist of tyranny once more and pick the one after that to be... Lightspinner. ^^

Nightwing

gBagok

Granbeetle

Super-Munkeyboy
    Last edited by Predabot; November 2, 2007 at 02:59pm.

2-bad

Iceman

Yaoi HuntressE

Baena

Glass Shrimp

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...koti_color.jpg
    Last edited by Predabot; November 3, 2007 at 03:42pm.

I know I'll be the only one, so I had to vote for my own. They are all great, though... I especially like Gbagoks' and Baenas', everyone did a great job with their entries, though...
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    wow this was a tough one... too many good entries for this contest!!!
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

THis is a tough one indeed

Ever since I saw Baena's entry, it has never left my waking mind. Its really odd. Something about it.

Theres my choice. It would make a nice print as well.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

I like Nightwing's pic. It's very clean and sharp.
    Read my comics at NMCcomics.com

Nightwing & Baena take the prize for this one in my opnion.

Nightwing's version has a very Japanese retro-feel which I enjoy very much, & Nate is bringing the heat by some terrific lighting for his return to the Masters of the Universe art realm! Nice work everyone!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.31.17!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Movie mayhem!
    nightwing!!! Seriously you've been holding out on us! Great work!

As I have said before (in the other Shokoti thread), it seems that people are just voting based solely on the strength of the artist, rather than the thought behind the concept of a REdesign.

While Baena is definately the most skilled, I voted for 2-Bad who went above and beyond merely duplicating an existing design with a more talented hand.

Next on my list was Nightwing, who's rendition was absolutely amazing! Infact if I had my time back, I probably would have chosen Nightwing's very impressive piece. Meh, lets just call it a draw.

Wow everyone has cool designs. My vote went for nightwings design as the best though. gBagok was a close second for me and then Baena's awesome rendition.

Hard to chose in this one... I finally went with gBagok tho, with Munkeyboy's design as a close second. Just love that asian style you gave her Munkey!

The eyes and facial expression in gBagok's version really did it for me tho.

Well lets see:

Gbagok: man u totaly rule ur redesign version of shokoti is what i had in mind

Baena: U totaly drove me crazy with that amazing art man u really make shokoti come alive

Nightwing: a great version of her as i said before i like her chinese version

Glass shrimp: Well u should post more fun art glass. I like ur unigue vision dude, i wish u could post more art than post only ideas for fun characters.Well u have the power use it and by the way i dont know ur pic doesnt show up now .

smb: A great chibi version of shokoti. The only thing i didnt like so much was her mask .

2-bad: well buddy i also like ur version in general but i dont like very the elephant skull she has in her shoulder.

Iceman: Well i wish u had posted the colored version

Yaoi HuntressE: a nice version of shokoti i like her weapon and her colors the design was quite simple.
    Last edited by Galvatron; November 3, 2007 at 10:32am.
    http://galvatronartstuff.blogspot.com/

Check My Fan Characters
    -------------------------------------------
    Press here to see Houndor
    Press here to see Aetheron

Cleaning up / re-organizing my photobucket killed my images... links are fixed now:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...olor_muted.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...koti_color.jpg
    Last edited by BlueLobster1979; November 3, 2007 at 03:44pm.

Yup, them links sure are fixed now.

Also, currently the votes have 31 votes for Baena, and 35 votes for BBM in the other thread. I'm going to hold and see how things develop until tomorrow, if we need a third poll, or if one of them is going to be a clear supreme winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Thank you, kind sir...

Also, currently the votes have 31 votes for Baena, and 35 votes for BBM in the other thread. I'm going to hold and see how things develop until tomorrow, if we need a third poll, or if one of them is going to be a clear supreme winner.
    I figure you've got to run a third poll to be fair to all.

I'd say take the top two to three from each poll, and run the third poll with the top designs.

Because let's say I vote for option C in the first poll and option E in the second poll.

Then option A wins the first poll and option D wins in the second. Neither of which did I vote for...

I would want to vote for either A or D then in the third poll to really see which one design wins all.

That make sense?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I have to say this is the toughest poll ever! so many great entries All of them worthy! What to vote?!?!?!?
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

I really Super-Munkeyboy's design in this one but Beana's says Shikoti more I think.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I figure you've got to run a third poll to be fair to all.

I'd say take the top two to three from each poll, and run the third poll with the top designs.

Because let's say I vote for option C in the first poll and option E in the second poll.

Then option A wins the first poll and option D wins in the second. Neither of which did I vote for...

I would want to vote for either A or D then in the third poll to really see which one design wins all.

That make sense?
    Actually, I am a bit confused... ^^ But I think you mean that we have a final poll with 2 of the top from each, making a total of 4, yes? And then we see who reigns supreme.

It's kind of obvious wich two are getting the majority of the votes in the polls tho dude, don't you think?

Happy halloween everybody!! =)
    Also, since the poll for the next challenge was so close, it will indeed be Castaspella next, but I'm going to have to put
    down my ironed fist of tyranny once more and pick the one after that to be... Lightspinner. ^^
    So when does the Castaspella contest start? Just curious.
    I'm a deviant: yaoi-huntress-earth.deviantart.com

Well, once we've managed to pin exactly who is the winner of this round. ( perhaps within 2 days, in other words.)

Y'know, I might as well post that third poll right now, it seems to be the only way to settle it, and it shouldn't take long to see the winner.

Third poll coming up guys!

EDIT: Come on over and vote for in the final decisive vote! This one's the big one..

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=154758
    Last edited by Predabot; November 4, 2007 at 04:27pm.

Actually, I am a bit confused... ^^ But I think you mean that we have a final poll with 2 of the top from each, making a total of 4, yes? And then we see who reigns supreme.

It's kind of obvious wich two are getting the majority of the votes in the polls tho dude, don't you think?
    Well yeah, but we wont know who of those will pull out on top.
    See what I mean?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

what an insane round of entries!

nightwing: i like the way you designed armor pieces, particularly how the shoulder pads echo the headdress. the hairstyle gives her a very regal quality as well.
    gBagok: your version looks much more like a warrior than the original, while maintaing the sex appeal. i love the tattered cape and the windblown hair.
    Granbeetle: oh wow--this one is not only a great redesign, but a great scene as well! you've done a great job setting the mood, and the rendering of the smoke is beautiful. i really like the fact that it's all color and no lines.
    super-munkyboy: another killer chibi! as usual, your elaborate armor and costume details are fantastic (i love the floating blades on her polearm and her floating spellbook). your color choices here are really crisp--great work!
    2-bad: once again, i am amazed by your excellent sense of design and your amazing attention to detail. the horned shoulder pad, the complex headdress and boots, and the creepy triple-tongue-whip-weapon, all work together for a really unique vision. awesome!
    oIcemano: she's got a very menacing look to her--i love the downward angle we're seeing her from. i'd really love to see you continue this one with an application of your expert colors.
    Yaoi HuntressE: i'm digging the very feminine take on the character, emphasized by her long gown and billowing sleeves. the wicked curves and angles of her polearm are a nice contrast to her.
    Glass Shrimp: you need to post around here more often dude! i see your version as something shokoti would transform into for battle. i prefer the blue and purple version, but i like the glowing spots on both.

as others have mentioned, it was an excruciating choice, but my vote for this half went to:

Baena: i was blown away the instant i saw this. the re-design itself is simple, yet elegant and effective. the lighting is amazing, as always.
    Visit my sketchblog at its new URL: JASONBOT.com!

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post
    what an insane round of entries!

Yaoi HuntressE: i'm digging the very feminine take on the character, emphasized by her long gown and billowing sleeves. the wicked curves and angles of her polearm are a nice contrast to her.
    Thanks. I was inspired by the ladies of Chaos Comics (especally Purgetory and Lady Death) when drawing her.
    I'm a deviant: yaoi-huntress-earth.deviantart.com