View Poll Results: Who did the best Shokoti?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patreek

3 3.53%
  • Monikasvo

0 0%
  • Buffalo-bill-man

51 60.00%
  • Sllohcin

0 0%
  • Ofty

3 3.53%
  • Avril

5 5.88%
  • Zvedafire

11 12.94%
  • LeelooMinai

4 4.71%
  • Bootleg

6 7.06%
  • Bak-or

2 2.35%

Thread: Vote for the best Shokoti redesign. 2

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar

Vote for the best Shokoti redesign. 2

Happy halloween everybody!! =)

Well, this challenge had a just amazing turnout, and as such, I have split the polls to make room for everybody.
    You're allowed to vote in both polls, and should there not be a clear winner from both polls, I will post a third final poll to decide the winner.

This is the SECOND poll, just to be extra clear. ^^

And here we have the entries by the talented artists of the .org:

Patreek

Monikasvo

Buffalo-bill-Man

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...HOKOTIPlus.jpg

Ofty

Avril
    Last edited by Predabot; November 2, 2007 at 04:51pm.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Wow.. this round is ridiculously hard to vote for. So many excellent choices in both polls.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Wow.. this round is ridiculously hard to vote for. So many excellent choices in both polls.

Agreed i dont know who to vote its really hard choice
    http://galvatronartstuff.blogspot.com/

Check My Fan Characters
    -------------------------------------------
    Press here to see Houndor
    Press here to see Aetheron

WOW!! THERE is some REALLY GREAT ENTRIES HERE!!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.31.17!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Bloody hell, what a choice. All are great, but one must be chosen!!!!

I cut my choices down to three.

Zvedafire - Although a bust, there is something very attractive about her. Something about the Asian face, and the facial tattoos. Awesome.

BuffaloBillman - Why just have Shokoti when ya can have her minions too. Quantity and quality

Sllohcin - The style is different and unusual

In the end, its BBM. I love all the extra bits, but his Shokoti is simple and elegant.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

In this one, I like Ofty
    Read my comics at NMCcomics.com

Redesign contest or best art contest? Well we all know BBM's got the muscle in the skill department, but as for redesigning the character, he didn't really
    shake things up too much.

If we are measuring design rather than skill, then Zvedafire, takes home the gold! The additions of the tattooing and the more demonic apperance sets his design apart from all the others. Great work!

PS: The skill is also there too!

Quote Originally Posted by funkypunkyboy View Post
    Redesign contest or best art contest? Well we all know BBM's got the muscle in the skill department, but as for redesigning the character, he didn't really
    shake things up too much.

If we are measuring design rather than skill, then Zvedafire, takes home the gold! The additions of the tattooing and the more demonic apperance sets his design apart from all the others. Great work!

PS: The skill is also there too!

yeah i was actullay torn between voting these 2 designs....the reason i went with BBM instead of zvedafire is because Z's design didn't really look EVIL to me...she almost looks sad or regretful....

I know that seems like a silly thing ...because i actually prefer the asian look and the headdress and hair is really innovative...i guess i picture the character older and without any remorse and i do not think zvedafire captured that...

I've finally made my selection, and even tho I really liked Sllohcin's, Sweda's giger-influenced Shokoti simply won me over in the long run.

Again all the art is amazing but i went with bootleg's version.
    http://galvatronartstuff.blogspot.com/

Check My Fan Characters
    -------------------------------------------
    Press here to see Houndor
    Press here to see Aetheron

Movie mayhem!
    well i got 3 more votes then last time! ;-) haha... though one of them is my own.

For me these things are all about actual design as apposed to drawing skill.

Except for the headpiece, Bootleg would've gotten it but Buffalo-bill-Man get's my vote in this one.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Me too, Pig Boy, the design is everything.

Also, come on over and vote in the final poll mates.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=154758

what an insane round of entries!

Patreek: cool redesign... i like how you amped up the skull motif. the red gems and tiger-stripe body art are a nice addition too.
    Monikasvo: very interesting how you went with a ghost motif instead of skulls. i like the use of a scarf instead of a cape as well. what's the story with her mirror though?
    Buffalo-Bill Man: i like how the scarabs on her kneepads are callbacks to her head-dress, and the evil look on her face is priceless. the accessories are a great bonus, and now i'm dying to see you draw a dull-on lord masque!
    Ofty: i want to see the rest of this scene! it looks like shokoti has skeletor's havoc staff... and is that the sorceress's wing in the foreground??
    Avril: nice details--i like the fur collar of her cape, the gems on her forehead, and the reoccurring chains.
    ZvedaFire: the giger look really works here and the runic tattoos on her cheeks are great too.
    Sllohcin: her elaborate gold accoutrements and the distressed execution really go together to produce an impression of the decadence and corruption of her character. the long dress is a nice allusion to the statues of shokoti in the original episode.
    LeelooMinai: i like how you gave her a real tribal look--the wild hair really sells it! there are a lot of excellent takes on her headdress, but the water-buffalo-like horns on your version are one of the best

i had an even harder time choosing a favorite in this round, but i decided to go with:

Bak-Or: something about the samurai-like armor on her shoulders and skirt, combined with the ram's horn breast plate/brassiere (reminiscent of teela and evil-lynn) really just worked for me. it's unique without being drastically different, and the costume overall has a clean look.
    Visit my sketchblog at its new URL: JASONBOT.com!

Heroic Warrior Buffalo-Bill-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post
    Buffalo-Bill Man: i like how the scarabs on her kneepads are callbacks to her head-dress, and the evil look on her face is priceless. the accessories are a great bonus, and now i'm dying to see you draw a dull-on lord masque!
    Thanks.
    Yeah, I added the scarab for those reasons but also to visually link the fact that her temple is in the desert. It kind of gives all the horns more of a reason for being there too.

And Masque would certainly be fun!!! I would probably just re-use the mask I already drew.

BBM

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post
    Ofty: i want to see the rest of this scene! it looks like shokoti has skeletor's havoc staff... and is that the sorceress's wing in the foreground??
    Yes, that's the havoc staff. And yes, it's a Sorceress wing in the front. But I won't reveal the whole picture yet, be patient
    "The Doctor is in - 5 Cent"