View Poll Results: Really, who made the best Shokoti?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baena

32 33.68%
  • gBagok

17 17.89%
  • Buffalo-bill-man

20 21.05%
  • Zvedafire

14 14.74%
  • Nightwing

12 12.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vote for the best Shokoti FINAL VOTE!!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar

Vote for the best Shokoti FINAL VOTE!!

Aye. So be it.

Seeing as it was a bit unclear as to whom was the clear winner between two perticular entries, and there was some demand for making it clearer, I've decided to post a last vote. This vote contains the designs that got the most votes overall.

May the best design truly win. =)

gBagok

Zwedafire
    http://xs220.xs.to/xs220/07431/Shokotipromo.jpg

Buffalo-Bill-Man

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...HOKOTIPlus.jpg

nightwing

Baena
    Last edited by Predabot; November 4, 2007 at 04:26pm.

What an excruciating decision to make, so difficult to choose

Quote Originally Posted by thor View Post
    What an excruciating decision to make, so difficult to choose
    agreed...

i had to go with gBagok ...i like his the best...
    although any of these are these are only seperated by fractions of a percentage point...

Servant of Skeletor StarBlazerM31's Avatar
    Holy cow, this one is going to be REALLY close!!

I have no clue who to vote for. I'm happy that the two I voted for made it, but now I can't decide whose I like the best. I'm gonna have to think on it.

For round 1 I voted for Nightwing's version. I like the classic pose with the Asian twist, and her headdress kicks a lot of hiney. It gives her an intimidating, larger than life factor that would put a lot of fear into the enemy, so I like that. I like the clean lines of her costume, too, and her hair.

For round 2 I voted for BBM...His design and Nightwing's seem to echo each other, so I think I subconsciously picked up on those elements and tend to favor them overall. I just like that BBM thinks about additional touches, like the creatures and helmet. She's also sultry without being cheeky.

Having said all that, I have absolutely no clue who's going to get my vote this round...

WHY must you all be so GREAT?!
    Leeloomina´ Lekatariba Lamina-Tcha´ Ekbat De Sebat

This is IMPOSSIBLE.

These are all fantastic.

I love Gbagok's headdress

Nightwings is a gr8 reimagining

Buffalo Bill's comes with Accessories!

Zvedafire's has got a creepy almost Giger edge

and Baena's well...
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Well I think Baena's is the best piece of art, being the most realistic, detailed, and complete work. But this isn't a poll to choose the best artwork, it's best design, so my vote went to gbagok, as I think his has the best headdress and would be a perfect incarnation for the MYP animated series. I also think that Buffalo-Bill-Man's version would translate very well to the MVCreations comic. Of course, all of the entries have something great about them, and this was definitely one of the hardest polls to decide on.
    Last edited by Vahn; November 5, 2007 at 04:45am.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Zvedafire got my vote.
    Something about his design really strikes me as being true to an updated Shokoti.
    I could see this being a BEAUTIFUL and DEADLY sculpt that would fit right in with what the 4HM have done with MotU.

gbagok's is amazing, and it's absolutely what MYP would've done I'd bet. This was a close second for me.

BBM floors me with the effort he gives on not just designing the character but the accessories and secondary characters that surround. Bravo!

Nightwing comes to the table with a solid design as well... And if this were a design contest for NA He-Man... I think his fits the bill the best for that... Excellent work!

And mine? Meh... the more I look at her the more I just see a scribbled mess of color and cleavage. However I am very happy with her face and overall attitude she conveys. But I won't vote for me.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I voted Zwedafire again. ^^

And this sure is a much more even competition than the earlier rounds, and also a bit surprising. In the last polls, BBM had Baena on the ropes with a lead of 5 votes at any given time, here it has so far been the opposite!

Will be most interesting to see how this develops...

Heroic Warrior Buffalo-Bill-Man's Avatar
    Last night I woke up from a flu induced coma, to see I had no votes, and went back to sleep.
    It was a nice surprise coming into work today to see some votes for BBM
    Thanks so much.

I'm really impressed with the level of designs that were done for this challenge.
    I think everyone did an awesome job.

What a Great TurnOut!!!

I also just wanted to add Shokoti's other accessory that I did before the polls.
    (Shokoti's Temple Rat from the old toon)

BBM-

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo-Bill-Man View Post
    Last night I woke up from a flu induced coma, to see I had no votes, and went back to sleep.
    It was a nice surprise coming into work today to see some votes for BBM
    Thanks so much.
    Dang bro! Get well SOON!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Dang bro! Get well SOON!
    LOL. Not a literal coma, just felt like it.
    Cold meds are helping today, just can't breath out my nose
    Other wise feeling better.
    Thanks

BBM-

bravo to all the artists who submitted.

Buffalo-Bill-Man won my vote. look at those hands! that's a mean, mean lady, right there. i like the darker colours and tighter lines (rapidograph, maybe?). the character has personality. she looks to have intent. just a great job on so many fronts. well done.

BBM's shokoti wins for me. best color-combination, cool extras.

I agree with Vahn that redesign contests are not always about the quality of the art, but the concepts behind them. But lets face it, there are some pretty amazing quality pictures entered from some fantastic artists this time... it's pretty hard to ignore.

In the end, and by no easy decision mind you, I ened up voting for Baena's design.

One thing that stood out for me, is the female fashion sense on Eternia. It seems to me that too many of the female characters have costumes based off of the base Teela/Evil-Lyn clothing design. While the MYP/4H designs helped seperate them from their identical classic-toon wardrobe, I would have liked to see more designs from this contest break away from thateven further. Now mind you, this is not a complaint, just a personal preference. For me, it was all the subtle costume details and intricate patterns that sold me on Baena's interpretation. However, my congrats go out to all the entries.. excellent work done by all!
    Last edited by roykop; November 5, 2007 at 06:59pm. Reason: types
    Proud member of the Arizona MAZTERS since 2003

Do we consider that beastie as part of the "redesign" with Buffalo-Bill-Man's entry?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    Do we consider that beastie as part of the "redesign" with Buffalo-Bill-Man's entry?
    Good question.
    I had it done and posted in the thread collecting all the entries.
    I only posted it here because the version without the Rat is what was posted in the polls. So I entered it. It just wasn't used.

I like to design these characters the way I would want them as figures. Shokoti just seemed more like a deluxe to me I guess. A lot of her powers seemed like extensions of herself. Much like He-Man and BattleCat, or the Sorceress/Zoar.

BBM-
    Last edited by Buffalo-Bill-Man; November 5, 2007 at 08:01pm.

Co-Creator of the NV
    This is probably the hardest poll i have seen on the org, since every single one of these designs deserves to win.

I hate choosing favorites, so I won't and just say what I love about each.

The personality and atmosphere of Baena's piece is, as always, spot on MOTU. I love how there's a red tint to her all-black eyes, and I'm in love with the detailing on her gold armor too.

Zwedafire's has a great Asian feel to it. I see the Giger influence, but the slightly Mandarin elements feel even more like Shokoti to me. The writing under her eyes is a really nice and unique touch.

Nightwing's hair and horns are so destinctive, and and I like how overwhelming would be next to other MOTU characters. She reminds me of a Kirby goddess from the Thor comics, I can't remember which one by name though. Maybe Hela? She's very dominant and scary with that sharp armor!

Buffalo-Bill-Man's piece is, once again, a perfect figure rendering. The treat of his work though is the accessories we don't usually see get updated. The Lovecraftian demons are more hideous here than ever. I especially like the eyes in the mouths!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Nightwing's hair and horns are so destinctive, and and I like how overwhelming would be next to other MOTU characters. She reminds me of a Kirby goddess from the Thor comics, I can't remember which one by name though. Maybe Hela? She's very dominant and scary with that sharp armor!
    You got me thinking on that. I found Nightwing's work does remind me of Norn Queen Karnilla come to think of it.

Still its a excellent piece of art Nightwing did
    Last edited by thor; November 5, 2007 at 11:21pm.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    These were all amazing contestants, but I had to go with Baena's. Of all the entries, his would be the one to cause nightmares. Realistic, and fear inducing. great work everyone.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

customizer of greyskull nightwing.'s Avatar
    wow thank you so much to everyone who has voted for my shokoti i really appreciate it.

i have to say i am really surprised i have got to this round as i didnt think my piece was anything close to the standard of the other entries.

as i said before the standard is so high in this challenge & the designs are really amazing, i still dont know who to vote for. to be honest i think all the other entries in this round are worthy winners.

good luck guys

I thought your design was great Nightwing! she has a lovely statuesque quality and definitely as good as the other entries - her hair and horns are awesome

Nate got my vote though just because his Shokoti 'popped' lol She has it all, style, the fear factor and shiny red eyes...
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    these were all so fabulous, i took 2 days to make a decision! they are all outstanding, but in the end i chose baena's... based on the horns and her cape, though i'd love to see what kind of boots she's wearing...
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngora View Post
    these were all so fabulous, i took 2 days to make a decision! they are all outstanding, but in the end i chose baena's... based on the horns and her cape, though i'd love to see what kind of boots she's wearing...
    Wow, thanks for the votes all! I'm a tad shocked really...
    But I thank you nonetheless.

Aye m'Lady A... I'd like to see her boots too... Perhaps someday.