View Poll Results: What sort of audience should a new MOTU movie be aimed at?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • The very young

0 0%
  • A family audience

18 22.22%
  • The upper-end teen audience

29 35.80%
  • A more mature audience

32 39.51%
  • Strictly for existing fans

2 2.47%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What kind of audience should a new movie be aimed at?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    The same audience LOTR, Star Wars, Spiderman, Transformers, X-Men is aimed at.

I would like to see a movie somewhere between upper teen and mature. No so much for the blood/gore content, but I definately want my villains to be more than funny, clumsy bunglers. I want Beastman and Trap-Jaw to give children nightmares!

Quote Originally Posted by funkypunkyboy View Post
    I would like to see a movie somewhere between upper teen and mature. No so much for the blood/gore content, but I definately want my villains to be more than funny, clumsy bunglers. I want Beastman and Trap-Jaw to give children nightmares!
    well des[pite the negativity given to it, the 1987 movie did a respectable job in making the villains seem dangerous (in particular Skeletor), amp that up a bit and we'd have a very nice level of frightening scenes. Beastman had BETTER talk though.

Trap Jaw SHOULD be a walking nightmare, there should DEFINITELY be a violence and frightening scenes warning in the rating. it shouldn't be RAMBO or anything like that, but the Star Wars movies level of violence and frightening scenes are perfect IMO.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    I would be fine with a PG-13 movie as long as it doesn't have the same kind of humor or approach as Transformers. I really did not like that movie at all.

I don't want a transformers like adaptation... (Adam's quest to get laid while the Eternos Royal Guard are the only ones battling the barely seen menacce of Skeletor... Something about He-Man and some heroes in the movie, but they're not that important)
    It should be PG-13 but not Borderline R... (A well made skeletor would be too Scary for PG)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I think that aiming it at a more mature audience will make the movie more appealing, Im not saying that the new Motu movie if it ever comes out should have a lot of violence and fighting, but at least some credible fighting, these characters walk around with swords, axes, spears... somebody gets hurt of course.
    But they can balance all the fighting and violence with giving the hero, a solid purpose for what he fights, there are tons of ways of making credible fights (more mature like) but add that moral side to the story.
    I dont want villains that look goofy, I want them to present a real threat.
    Last edited by mistaloko; July 26, 2009 at 04:49am.