Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: '87 Movie Props and Costumes

Widget

'87 Movie Props and Costumes

Hey guys, I'm a newly registered member here, though I've been browsing He-Man.org for years.

I'm big into making replica props and costumes from movies (for personal use), and have always wanted to work on some from the MOTU movie, since it's been a personal favorite of mine since I was 3.

Anyway, I figured I would ask on here if anyone has any great reference pictures or owns actual props and wardrobe that they would be willing to showoff.

So far I've found a toy store in Washington that is in possesion of suposedly the only working Cosmic Key in existance. I've been in contact with the owner who said they would send pictures my way. I have yet to hear back from them, though it's only been a week.

I have also seen the few pieces on yourprops.com. In my searches, I found these pictures of a resin hilt that was cast from the screen-used Skeletor sword. This was at least 5 years ago

I would like to a make an accurate Skeletor costume, as well as He-Man, and all props to go with them, but lack the reference for certain pieces. I used to be a member of the RPF (if any of you know what that is), but my account was detleted for inactivity due to not having internet acces. However, there doesn't seem to be much information there regarding this movie anyway.

So, post up what you can!
    Last edited by pinder91; November 18, 2007 at 03:02am.

Quote Originally Posted by pinder91 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a newly registered member here, though I've been browsing He-Man.org for years.

I'm big into making replica props and costumes from movies (for personal use), and have always wanted to work on some from the MOTU movie, since it's been a personal favorite of mine since I was 3.

Anyway, I figured I would ask on here if anyone has any great reference pictures or owns actual props and wardrobe that they would be willing to showoff.

So far I've found a toy store in Washington that is in possesion of suposedly the only working Cosmic Key in existance. I've been in contact with the owner who said they would send pictures my way. I have yet to hear back from them, though it's only been a week.

I have also seen the few pieces on yourprops.com. In my searches, I found a resin hilt that was cast from the screen-used Skeletor sword. This was at least 5 years ago

I would like to a make an accurate Skeletor costume, as well as He-Man, and all props to go with them, but lack the reference for certain pieces. I used to be a member of the RPF (if any of you know what that is), but my account was detleted for inactivity due to not having internet acces. However, there doesn't seem to be much information there regarding this movie anyway.

So, post up what you can!
    WOW!!!!

I've never seen that pic before! That handle looks amazing! Would love to see more casts, if they made any, of MOTU props.

Can't wait to see what your finished sword looks like.

hmmm there was a site selling many motu props including the cosmic key if in not mistaken, the thread about it is even recent, can anyone find it?

Widget
    I'm guessing you're talking abou this thread. There isn't much useful information or pictures there, for what I'm doing anyway. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...highlight=prop

I remember on Ebay years back they were selling a laser gun used by Beastman in the movie. What I wonder is what ever happend to the actual sword of power used in the movie by Dolph...

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    What I wonder is what ever happend to the actual sword of power used in the movie by Dolph...
    That's what I want to know. There had to have been at least 2.

I also found out that there is a stunt Cosmic Key possibly in a Planet Hollywood (somewhere in the U.S.). There is also someone on the RPF who has a cast of one of the forks from a hero Cosmic Key, though I have no way to contact him. There also was, a few years ago, a member of the RPF who had a friend who owned one of Skeletor's havoc staffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    I remember on Ebay years back they were selling a laser gun used by Beastman in the movie. What I wonder is what ever happend to the actual sword of power used in the movie by Dolph...
    I bet you Dolph kept one for himself.

Court Magician

I took that a few years ago at the Planet Hollywood store in MGM.

Silent Master Jerico the warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feezle View Post

There she is guys. The MOTU item to end all items. I would rape and pillage to own that (considering it’s an original).
    If I advance, follow me.
    If I stop, urge me forward.
    If I retreat, kill me.

speaking from atop a pile of fatally wounded warriors

Widget
    Now that's nice to see. Planet Hollywood store in MGM??? Is that the MGM in Florida (never been there)?
    Last edited by pinder91; December 4, 2007 at 12:45am.

Court Magician
    Yup, that's the one.

Well now this is an interesting thread!!
    I've never properly seen what Skeletor's sword looks like.
    And how cooool is it??!

Actually, it's quite like He-man's in over all shape!
    I wonder what the story behind the broken sword and if that's the only one?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Now that is a cool-ass sword, definitely my favorite He-Man sword from all the different versions. It seems powerful, elegant, and yet simple. Now why couldn't the Four Horsemen copy THAT sword instead of that insect-like tech sword we got? Oh man, if only.

When I get enough money, I'm so going to order a sword that looks just like that one. I wonder if PLanet Hollywood would loan it out so a copy can be made...
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    I'm quessing it was a stunt sword that was strapped to Dolph's back for scenes where it would not be seen close-up. It was either broken due to a filming accident, or it was purposely made smaller for Dolph to be more comfortable moving around with. Afterall, the sword was long enough to poke him in the back of the knee if he wasn't careful.

I betcha if the old MOTU movie faired better, we'd have a He-man sword on the market.
    Aside from the Atlantean Conan sword, that He-man one is the coolest movie sword ever in my opinion.
    I would give anything to have one.
    www.eamonart.com

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    Well now this is an interesting thread!!
    I've never properly seen what Skeletor's sword looks like.
    And how cooool is it??!

Actually, it's quite like He-man's in over all shape!
    My guess is it's a "stunt" sword, or a version otherwise made to be seen from a distance. Looking closely at the picture, it appears to be painted resin/plastic/whatever, which is usually how stunt swords and swords meant to be seen from far off are made. If it were the "hero" sword, used in closeups, the blade would be full-length and made of metal.

But it does beg the question of what happened to the "hero" sword(s).
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Court Magician
    It is definitely a stunt sword. I wish they wouldn't have taped the end, it would be nice to be able to see a bit of the interior construction.

I wonder if it would be possible at all for Planet Hollywood to allow the He-Man stunt sword handle to be replicated. Probably have to pay them a bit of money to do it. Or they mght even just sell it outright for the right price. Now that we know where it is, it shouldn't be to hard to contact them and ask them.

i would buy screen accurate he-man and skeletor swords from the movie it would make a nice display of them hanging on the wall crossing each other. just wish someone would make the swords.

Heroic Warrior
    Has anyone seen this artist's work posted on the forum before? http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=118952

I would really love a movie sword.

Why's it broken?

I betcha if the old MOTU movie faired better, we'd have a He-man sword on the market.
    Well there was a power sword in NA line.

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    I've always wanted a MOTU screen sword! I would pay a decent a price for one!

hello

well I got news for you all one year ago I found an article in my local newspaper and the article talk about a compagny who can create the sword of your dream.I check the site on the web and I've also try to contact them.I've ask if they can reproduce the sword of he-man in the movie and I got my answer :

Thank you so much for the email. It is actually a sword that we have talkedabout doing. We have an original movie prop here in the office. :-) We have to gain copyrights though before we could do it. That is something that we have put on the back burner right now but you never know what you will seepop up. :-) Take care and keep you eyes on the site for updates.

Best Wishes
    Mike Sigman
    Customer Service
    Albion Swords Limited LLC

I was very happy about that news but as you can read its still a copyright problem.Maybe we can all wrote an email to this compagny and show them theres a demand for that sword.What do you think ?

Albion Swords are a pretty decent sword makers. Marto are better but hey, these guys will do just fine.
    I am totally on board with rustling up some folks and sending request for the MOTU movie sword.

I think it would sell. Not loads but some. The main obsticle is Mattel allowing them and I can't see that happening.
    An alternative would be to not call it the "MOTU movie sword". "Master He-man sword" or something.
    www.eamonart.com

Aside from the Atlantean Conan sword, that He-man one is the coolest movie sword ever in my opinion.
    I would give anything to have one.
    I agree 100% with everything you just said here.
    It really is a beautiful sword, and so cool that Skeletor's is so much like it in shape!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog