Thread: PoP's most capable heroines...

PoP's most capable heroines...

Since we'll hopefully be getting an add on PoP sub in 2014 I've been watching most of the She-Ra episodes recently and I noticed how some of the female great rebellion members are more capable in battle than others.

How would you rank the girls in battle if you had to? List doesn't have to reflect most wanted figures of course.

1. She-Ra
    2. Castaspella
    3. Frosta
    4. Angella
    5. Spinnerella
    6. Netossa
    7. Mermista
    8. Sweet Bee
    9. Madame Razz
    10. Perfuma
    11. Glimmer
    12. Flutterina
    13 Peekablue
    Last edited by swind15; September 21, 2013 at 05:25am.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

I like the ranking on your list. Casta and Frosta are definitely up at the top!

I added some characters that I didn't see you had listed, as well as changed some of the rankings.

She-Ra
    Castaspella
    Glimmer
    Angella
    Frosta
    Mermista
    Netossa
    Tallstar
    Jewelstar
    Double Trouble
    Sweet Bee
    Spinnerella
    Starla
    Flutterina
    Madame Razz
    Peekablue
    Perfuma

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmmmmm.

I'll give it a go. I would probably rank them as follows.

1. She-Ra
    2. Queen Angella
    3. Castaspella
    4. Frosta
    5. Mermista
    6. Madame Razz
    7. Perfuma
    8. Spinnerella
    9. Flutterina
    10. Sweet Bee
    11. Glimmer
    12. Netossa
    13. Double Trouble
    14. Peekablue

It's hard to rank most of the characters since their abilities would vary wildly from episode to episode. Flutterina was extraordinarily powerful in her first appearance. And then in her second (?) appearance, she was easily captured by a giant spider.

Also, I rank them more in terms of their "offensive" capabilities whereas a character like Peekablue is obviously able to make a more valuable contribution due to her psychic abilities as opposed to assisting in physical combat.

I think Queen Angella, Castaspella and Frosta all rank near the top pretty easily. They're all rulers of their kingdoms and they're all powerful enough to prevent the Evil Horde from invading their territory. Although Queen Angella obviously failed to protect her territory prior to the start of the Filmation series, she appeared to do a great job of protecting it from numerous attacks during the course of the series with the assistance of Glimmer and She-Ra.

Madam Razz should not be on any of these lists! LOL, she's not capable of remembering her spells.

I remember Glimmer being knocked unconscious or fainting more than any others.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    PeekABlue is way higher on the list.

She's Red Queen's Knight on my Masters chessboard.

Heroic Warrior
    That's the beauty of this franchise, or any work of fiction. While the original material was written for an audience of 5-10 years old, its easy to imagine any of the characters as something more than what we've seen in the Filmation series, and some have already shined. Glimmer for example is a very powerful magic user, along with Castaspella and Angella.

While Sweet Bee and Flutterina, I don't recall from the cartoon, I've seen some great artwork in the fan section where an artist updated Spinderella and made her appear incredibly powerful. We all take something different from this mythos.

As far as my own "cannon"

She-Ra
    Frosta/Casta/and Angella are equal
    Glimmer
    Mermista
    Perfuma (yeah believe it or not), though portrayed very very girly in the show, she controls all plant life on Etheria, I'd say she's like the good version of Poison Ivy. or the female counterpart to Moss-man
    Spinerella (tornadoes are dangerous)
    Maybe Madame Razz when her spells work

Fluterrina, Netossa and Sweet Bee imho are ridiculous

and Peekablue is good for psychic purposes but not as any force to be reckoned with.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    As far as my own "cannon"

She-Ra
    Frosta/Casta/and Angella are equal
    Glimmer
    Mermista
    Perfuma (yeah believe it or not), though portrayed very very girly in the show, she controls all plant life on Etheria, I'd say she's like the good version of Poison Ivy. or the female counterpart to Moss-man
    Spinerella (tornadoes are dangerous)
    Maybe Madame Razz when her spells work

Fluterrina, Netossa and Sweet Bee imho are ridiculous

and Peekablue is good for psychic purposes but not as any force to be reckoned with.
    Its sad that so many figure related threads receive endless replies, which quickly turn ugly, and become a place of name calling and fighting, and fun thought provoking threads that involve these great characters barely blip. Is this community so angry and divided?

Frosta is a very powerful character. Ice magic has always been a popular fictional element in every form of comic, video game and cartoon. Ice controlling characters never get old. Be it the wicked witch from the Chronicles of Narnia, or Bobby Drake, there is no end of the fun and mayhem wrought from the cold.

Castaspella and Angella are equally powerful. Their magical knowledge comes from the most ancient mystical texts. They manipulate the powers of light, love, nature and the fundamental forces of space and time.

Glimmer has been shown to have a variety of fantastic light powers. She is a very powerful rebel, and I absolutely love her. Looking back at the Filmation series, Glimmer was both the most well written, and the most underused.

I agree with you about Perfuma.

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Limited my choices to the heroines from the Filmation She-Ra series, so there’s no Double Trouble.

She-Ra
    Melog – She fought She-Ra to a virtual standstill in episode “Enemy with my face” (Some might view her as not PoP, as she fought for the Horde but since she rejected the Horde at the end of the episode I consider her to be a PoP heroine).
    Adora - Her leadership of the Great Rebellion which helps to keep the better resourced and trained Horde at bay combined with her expertise gained as the military right-hand of Hordak make her very capable and able to take on others who are more powerful (e.g. He-Man who she captured twice when working for the Horde!).
    Huntara – She travels to other worlds and nearly fought She-Ra to a standstill so has to be one of the most capable.
    Angella - She was the Leader of the last of the major Kingdoms to fall to the Horde so she may well be the most capable of the Etherian rulers.
    Castaspella – Powerful magic user and regional ruler.
    Frosta – Regional ruler.
    Perfuma - Has to be one of the most capable and underused heroines given the way she ‘defeated’ Hordak by driving him mad in the episode “Flowers for Hordak” with her fun-loving personality and power over plants.
    Madame Razz - With her wide-ranging knowledge of ancient mystic arts and numerous spells at her disposal that might not work as intended she can still deal effectively with Horde minions.
    Glimmer
    Mermista
    Spinnerella – Ability to flatten Whispering Woods.
    Netossa
    Sweet Bee
    Flutterina
    Peekablue
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by BC Cherry View Post
    Its sad that so many figure related threads receive endless replies, which quickly turn ugly, and become a place of name calling and fighting, and fun thought provoking threads that involve these great characters barely blip. Is this community so angry and divided?

I agree with you about Perfuma.
    I don't see how I was name calling anyone????! the only vitriol in my post was how Flutterina, Netossa and Sweet Bee "in my own opnion" I think are ridiculous. They are fictional characters, wasn't attacking anyone personally. Am I purchasing them? Hell yeah! but as far as forces to be reckoned with??? Um, no. Orko could probably kick their butts if he could get a spell to work.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I don't see how I was name calling anyone????! the only vitriol in my post was how Flutterina, Netossa and Sweet Bee "in my own opnion" I think are ridiculous. They are fictional characters, wasn't attacking anyone personally. Am I purchasing them? Hell yeah! but as far as forces to be reckoned with??? Um, no. Orko could probably kick their butts if he could get a spell to work.
    You are mistaken, as I was not referring to your post, but rather the fighting and name calling I see in 'popular' threads.

FILMATION was´t great in making those characters into real heroic characters. If they had treated them more like Teela or Evil Lyn i´m sure even the boys would have liked them better and would have accepted them a little bit more(...i read somewhere that some kids hated when He-Man shad a tear in one scene and couldn´t accepted that since he is He-Man and He-Man does´t cry...now that is weird if you ask me? Why isn´t he allowed to cry if he is sad?).

No matter how girly some of the powers may be they still could be used as real threads.

Perfuma is a nice example: She is living in her own world and FILMATION made her even more silly than she should be if you ask me but with her powers she could beat Evilseed anyday and he is a huge thread for the Masters.

Peekablue was portrait as helpless but the ignored that she could see everything like the attack of Clawdeen in that one episode she would see where and when an attack would take place plus she does´t even have to look give her a laser weopon or a cross bow and she could hit the enemy in the dark or in the middle fight when there is smoke everywhere. How usefull is that?! I would say a lot!

Glimmer was miss treated as well if you ask me, she had all those amazing powers like reflecting turn into light herself, laser beams, force fields and later on she could even fly surrounded by her powers. She was a pilot and sometimes showed fighting skills. But all those powers were ignored when the author for an episode just chose to ignore her powers and developments.

But these are just examples and the way i tend to think of these amazing characters.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Watched the episode with Spinnerella and Netossa for the first time last night and I have to say that I'm quite impressed with Spinnerella. Had no idea her spinning dance is that powerful. I now edited my ranking and added her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    FILMATION was´t great in making those characters into real heroic characters. If they had treated them more like Teela or Evil Lyn i´m sure even the boys would have liked them better and would have accepted them a little bit more(...i read somewhere that some kids hated when He-Man shad a tear in one scene and couldn´t accepted that since he is He-Man and He-Man does´t cry...now that is weird if you ask me? Why isn´t he allowed to cry if he is sad?).

No matter how girly some of the powers may be they still could be used as real threads.

Perfuma is a nice example: She is living in her own world and FILMATION made her even more silly than she should be if you ask me but with her powers she could beat Evilseed anyday and he is a huge thread for the Masters.

Peekablue was portrait as helpless but the ignored that she could see everything like the attack of Clawdeen in that one episode she would see where and when an attack would take place plus she does´t even have to look give her a laser weopon or a cross bow and she could hit the enemy in the dark or in the middle fight when there is smoke everywhere. How usefull is that?! I would say a lot!

Glimmer was miss treated as well if you ask me, she had all those amazing powers like reflecting turn into light herself, laser beams, force fields and later on she could even fly surrounded by her powers. She was a pilot and sometimes showed fighting skills. But all those powers were ignored when the author for an episode just chose to ignore her powers and developments.

But these are just examples and the way i tend to think of these amazing characters.
    Since my original post I have seen a lot more episodes where Glimmer does become much more useful in combat, as well as helping to aid in situations where light is needed.
    It's unfortunate that Peekablue was shown as so vulnerable and useless in combat in the show, as well as Flutterina in every other episode besides her origin.
    Perfuma is very silly, but she made Hordak's life a living hell and didn't show him any signs of weakness. Also, you're right that she would be very useful when combating someone like Evilseed. So much for her being a girly character in a dress. lol
    Last edited by swind15; September 21, 2013 at 05:39am.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    Watched the episode with Spinnerella and Netossa for the first time last night and I have to say that I'm quite impressed with Spinnerella. Had no idea her spinning dance is that powerful. I now edited my ranking and added her.

Since my original post I have seen a lot more episodes where Glimmer does become much more useful in combat, as well as helping to aid in situations where light is needed.
    It's unfortunate that Peekablue was shown as so vulnerable and useless in combat in the show, as well as Flutterina in every other episode besides her origin.
    Perfuma is very silly, but she made Hordak's life a living hell and didn't show him any signs of weakness. Also, you're right that she would be very useful when combating someone like Evilseed. So much for her being a girly character in a dress. lol
    As i said i don´t know why FILMATION chose to make them even more "girly" than they were intended to be, look at the first few POP mini comics, the one for Angella, Adoras or Frosta, Bows and Double Troubles.
    Yes, they changed a lot and got more children friendly and sweet but still the one for Sweet Bee wasn´t to bad!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Here's my ranking:

1. She-Ra
    2. Frosta
    3. Castaspella
    4. Angella
    5. Glimmer
    6. The Star Sisters (Starla, Tallstar, Jewelstar)
    7. Spinnerella
    8. Sweetbee
    9. Netossa
    10. Flutterina

Ok, lets list.

She-ra
    Castaspella
    Frosta
    Huntara
    Angella
    Glimmer - Some people don't give her enough credit. She has a lot of power - Think of the lineage!!
    Spinnerella
    Netossa
    Razz
    Mermista
    Peekablue - Again, not enough credit...
    Sweet Bee
    Perfuma
    Flutterina

The Star Sisters ..... i didn't see them enough to be honest. I can't say.

Adora/She-Ra
    Frosta
    Madame Razz
    Glimmer
    Castaspella
    Angella
    2 HIGH PRIESTESS 3 EMPRESS SHE-MAN MASTERS
    He-Man Masters of the Universe Classics Princess of Power She-Ra Bow
    http://mastersoftheuniverseclassicsh...assics-images/

Perfuma can make flowers out of thin air , sustain plants and trees under threat , control plants and last but not least induce a fever of madness , ecstasy and merriment not unlike what Dionysus / Bacchus is famous for . I note that Perfuma is performing all these epic powers without effort.

She brought the Frightzone to a floral standstill , literally captured it . The Horde Troopers were under her spell , Hordak was not enthralled yet he was helpless to stop it . Hordak,s loyal stooges were nowhere to be seen . I assume they are hiding or running from that scary Avatar of Gaia .

In her own special way Perfuma is as powerful as She RA .
    Last edited by MOLKROM; April 16, 2014 at 08:42pm.
    Sword To Blanket

Court Magician
    If I'm correct, Spinnerella was wiped out of the show because she was very powerful.

Beside her, Castaspella, Frosta, Glimmer, Huntara, Granita, Melog and, obviously, She-Ra.

I am not sure about Glimmer . More than one episode she faints or gets too exhausted after she uses her powers . I cannot recall that happening to any other girl .
    Sword To Blanket