Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 30TH Anniversary Commemorative DVD Collection coming in December!

30TH Anniversary Commemorative DVD Collection coming in December!

Heroic Warrior
    Want Want Want!!!! I already have the entire series, but the rest of the stuff (soundtrack, etc.) sounds sweet! Is it going to be sold on amazon.com?

It looks like a pretty loaded set. It has a cool outer packaging. It looks like the discs will be the same as before (meaning lots of episodes per disc). I hope they have the discs in regular hubs and not paper sleeves. Sometimes, collector sets are made in a way not very safe for the discs. I hope this one is.

It looks awesome & I'm glad for the extras, but it only has 20 episodes from NAHM and no POP! Why call it "definitive" when it doesn't have everything?
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistico View Post
    It looks awesome & I'm glad for the extras, but it only has 20 episodes from NAHM and no POP! Why call it "definitive" when it doesn't have everything?
    I'm pretty shocked it has any New Adventures or MYP on it.

I'm looking forward to the bonuses:

Additional Collectible Bonus Items

•Exclusive Power Sword®◦This MOTUC accessory represents the Sword of He-Man® and is offered in the Eternian gold color for this commemorative anniversary edition.

•Audio Soundtrack◦An 11-Track CD featuring selections from the Filmation He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® series by Shuki Levy

•All-New Documentary◦A bonus DVD containing a brand new FANS OF MOTU documentary featurette in addition to ten previously unreleased documentary programs

•Episode Guide◦A 48-page commemorative booklet and episode guide for all 189 episodes

so I'm guessing this is a REAL soundtrack release, not just a rehash of those 4 or so songs from the french record posted on youtube?

edit - i read that wrong... dang. i was hoping for something more extensive..
    Last edited by Shredder; September 18, 2012 at 07:32pm.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Love it EXCEPT the exclusion of She-Ra. One of the biggest things I LOVE about MOTU as of late is the effort to recognize and INCLUDE all aspects of MOTUishness from the past - from early concept, to comics, all cartoon canons - it's great! For me, it seems a bit of a miss to not include POP. I'm wondering if any of the classic MOTU is going to come back to iTunes - it was all removed recently.

Pretty cool, I like the box art. A little odd that they didn't just throw in all NA episodes for the sake of completion though?

As I already own a boxset of the original show I'll probably give this a miss, if it had the FULL soundtrack and not just a paltry 11 tracks I would definitely buy this though!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

THIS IS DEFINITELY GOT... and added to my other sets!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mistico View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. It's really a shame since I have the Filmation and MYP runs already but none of the NA or POP sets. I'll still pick up the new set for the bonuses and finally bite the bullet and grab the NA & POP sets too.

Looks like a pretty sweet collection. You know some people will get it for the soundtrack and sword alone.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

This is a nice idea, but it falls short IMO. She-Ra should have been a part of this...It would have made this set the real definative collectors collection. As it stands it's missing half of the Masters of the Universe story.

Sorry to be negative but this is not the definative set! She-Ra should have been a part of this set, then it would live up to that claim. It seems like She-Ra has some real friends over at Mattel and Mill Creek. NA is now apparently more important than POP by it's inclusion here...

The case looks nice and the new docs do sound intresting. But the Castle Grayskull art dosen't look too good to me. I think it would have looked better if they stuck with the Filmation or classic toy art look.
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 18, 2012 at 07:53pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

This better be region free or getting released internationally!

She-Ra already got a complete series re-release from a different company.

picture of the sword, CD, and episode guide here:
    https://www.millcreekent.com/media//...Sell_Sheet.pdf

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    *choir boy voice* ♪ Ahhhhhhhh ♪

Cannot wait! And a U.S. release audio CD!!!!!

Wish She-Ra was included in this set, but I understand why she wasn't.

I hope the Power-Con secret accessory isn't this Eternian golden Power Sword included with this set.

Really wish I took the time to submit a fan video.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

Gah! Dang it!!!! I WANT to be excited for this, I reeeeeeeally and truly do, but that has to be the most boring rendition of Castle Grayskull EVER! Where's the mystery? Where's the adventure? Where's the power?! That's barely gonna catch people's eye, let alone convince anyone to buy it. I hate to be SO negative, especially since the original toon is my favorite version of He-Man, but this is yet another missed opportunity for MOTU.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

only 20 episodes of New Adventures? No PoP? Not even the episodes where He-Man guest starred... That's too much for a golden Power Sword... If I hadn't gotten the entire Filmation and MYP series I might have bitten... It's kinda good, but it doesn't meet my needs. I hope that whoever buys it enjoys it.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

I can't wait for this. I am hoping for no paper sleeves.

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    This is a nice idea, but it falls short IMO. She-Ra should have been a part of this...It would have made this set the real definative collectors collection. As it stands it's missing half of the Masters of the Universe story.

Sorry to be negative but this is not the definative set! She-Ra should have been a part of this set, then it would live up to that claim. It seems like She-Ra has some real friends over at Mattel and Mill Creek. NA is now apparently more important than POP by it's inclusion here...

The case looks nice and the new docs do sound intresting. But the Castle Grayskull art dosen't look too good to me. I think it would have looked better if they stuck with the Filmation or classic toy art look.
    i think the art is a placeholder, the press release says it has a sculpted facade!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Yeah, the reason She-Ra isn't in this collection is because it's considered a completely different property. In almost all (if not all) incarnations, She-Ra and MOTU are different properties with different licenses.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wun2 III View Post
    I'm interested in the 11-Track CD featuring selections from the Filmation He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® series by Shuki Levy. Would it be the same as the other Filmation He-Man CD which was released earlier this year?
    Manny

But she is still a MASSIVE part of the "difinative" Masters of the Universe story. This is not the definative set because it completely looks over one of the bigest part of the over all story and a very important part of of He-Man's personal story. He was a twin. Mill Creek and Mattel should have gone the extra step to get She-Ra and POP within this set even if it was only the SOTS, Xmas Special, cross over episdoes and 10 best pop episodes.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Wait, the math is not right. How is 130 + 65 + 39 189 episodes? Secondly, I already own all of these on DVD. I bought each set at Best Buy for $10 a piece several years ago. Third, I will only rebuy the 2002 series if it is on BD. The first volume from BCI had massive compression problems and I cannot imagine how bad they are compressed from MillCreek.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Would have been cool if it had all of NA, but still not a bad set.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!