Thread: '87 Movie Props and Costumes

Hybrid View

Widget

'87 Movie Props and Costumes

Hey guys, I'm a newly registered member here, though I've been browsing He-Man.org for years.

I'm big into making replica props and costumes from movies (for personal use), and have always wanted to work on some from the MOTU movie, since it's been a personal favorite of mine since I was 3.

Anyway, I figured I would ask on here if anyone has any great reference pictures or owns actual props and wardrobe that they would be willing to showoff.

So far I've found a toy store in Washington that is in possesion of suposedly the only working Cosmic Key in existance. I've been in contact with the owner who said they would send pictures my way. I have yet to hear back from them, though it's only been a week.

I have also seen the few pieces on yourprops.com. In my searches, I found these pictures of a resin hilt that was cast from the screen-used Skeletor sword. This was at least 5 years ago

I would like to a make an accurate Skeletor costume, as well as He-Man, and all props to go with them, but lack the reference for certain pieces. I used to be a member of the RPF (if any of you know what that is), but my account was detleted for inactivity due to not having internet acces. However, there doesn't seem to be much information there regarding this movie anyway.

So, post up what you can!
    Last edited by pinder91; November 18, 2007 at 04:02am.

Quote Originally Posted by pinder91 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a newly registered member here, though I've been browsing He-Man.org for years.

I'm big into making replica props and costumes from movies (for personal use), and have always wanted to work on some from the MOTU movie, since it's been a personal favorite of mine since I was 3.

Anyway, I figured I would ask on here if anyone has any great reference pictures or owns actual props and wardrobe that they would be willing to showoff.

So far I've found a toy store in Washington that is in possesion of suposedly the only working Cosmic Key in existance. I've been in contact with the owner who said they would send pictures my way. I have yet to hear back from them, though it's only been a week.

I have also seen the few pieces on yourprops.com. In my searches, I found a resin hilt that was cast from the screen-used Skeletor sword. This was at least 5 years ago

I would like to a make an accurate Skeletor costume, as well as He-Man, and all props to go with them, but lack the reference for certain pieces. I used to be a member of the RPF (if any of you know what that is), but my account was detleted for inactivity due to not having internet acces. However, there doesn't seem to be much information there regarding this movie anyway.

So, post up what you can!
    WOW!!!!

I've never seen that pic before! That handle looks amazing! Would love to see more casts, if they made any, of MOTU props.

Can't wait to see what your finished sword looks like.

hmmm there was a site selling many motu props including the cosmic key if in not mistaken, the thread about it is even recent, can anyone find it?

Widget
    I'm guessing you're talking abou this thread. There isn't much useful information or pictures there, for what I'm doing anyway. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...highlight=prop

I remember on Ebay years back they were selling a laser gun used by Beastman in the movie. What I wonder is what ever happend to the actual sword of power used in the movie by Dolph...

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    What I wonder is what ever happend to the actual sword of power used in the movie by Dolph...
    That's what I want to know. There had to have been at least 2.

I also found out that there is a stunt Cosmic Key possibly in a Planet Hollywood (somewhere in the U.S.). There is also someone on the RPF who has a cast of one of the forks from a hero Cosmic Key, though I have no way to contact him. There also was, a few years ago, a member of the RPF who had a friend who owned one of Skeletor's havoc staffs.

I remember on Ebay years back they were selling a laser gun used by Beastman in the movie. What I wonder is what ever happend to the actual sword of power used in the movie by Dolph...
    I bet you Dolph kept one for himself.

Not just that, I remember several years ago that the original Beastman costume from the movie was on eBay as well.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto