A disappointingly quiet thread last week looking at Dragon Blaster Skeletor. I've come to the conclusion that the threads are no longer getting the hits now they're tucked away in the sub-forum.

Anyway, let's see if this week fares any better as we take a peek at that giant green energy (or blood?) sucker, LEECH.

Leach was released as one of the original memebers of the Evil Horde in Wave 4. A giant leech-man (did the name give it away?! ), this evil sucker had a bigger body than usual, and a large mouth. When you pushed the mouth against a flat surface, you could press the button on the figure's back to make it stick to the surface.

His hands are also suction cups, although the angle of them made them difficult to use.

As a kid, I was kind of split over Leech. In one respect, he felt over-bulky and a bit clunky. On the other hand, he had a great action feature!

Leech comes with a bold red version of the Horde crossbow, although can also be found (as with my original childhood figure) with a much darker maroon version.

Prototype shots showed him with a smaller lip around his mouth - it was made bigger for the final release, presumably to make him easier to stick. The prototype also had more detailed paintwork (all the ones that I own don't even have the Horde emblem on his arm painted).

But what did Leech suck? The more child-friendly versions suggested that he sucked "life-force-power-type-thing", but my friends and that had none of that - in our battles, he sucked every last drop of blood from his victims.

As with the other original Horde members, Leech appeared in the 'She-Ra: Princess of Power' cartoon series. His voicework was pretty good, and he appeared fairly regularly.

The character did not have a 200x revamped figure, but more recently has had a pretty good staction figure.

All-in-all, although he is a bit clunky, I'll give the vintage figure 8 out of 10.

So there are my thoughts on the ol' sucker. Now I'd really like to hear your own thoughts, memories and comments. And whether you post or not, don't forget to rate the figure in the poll!