Thread: Epilepsy Awareness Comic Book

Heroic Warrior

Epilepsy Awareness Comic Book

Hello,
    My name is John "ToteMan" and for the past 5 years I have been spreading epilepsy awareness through my comic book PSA "You are not alone". A fellow .org member suggested I post something here at the boards to let people know about this project.

I just finished the Spanish version of this book and am reaching out to get help spreading the word on this book. The Epilepsy Foundation of America printed my English version for their 2011 National Walk for Epilepsy. I have free downloads of the book on my website Epilepsy Awareness | ToteMan's World under the "epilepsy awareness" section. I am just trying to let people know this exists and could use all the help I can get. Thank you for your time and I hope you can read and spread the word about my comic book.

Facebook: ToteMan
    Twitter: TheRealToteMan

John "ToteMan"
    PS here is the direct link to the pdfs
    English - English
    Spanish - Spanish

I have epilepsy and when my 2 year old saw me having a seizure all he could say was "Daddy fall down", I wondered how to explain to a child what happened and hence this comic was created. That 2 year old is now 20 and it has been a long journey to get here. Hope you enjoy.
    Last edited by ToteMan; August 7, 2015 at 11:13am.
    MOTUC Wants: Sorceress, Fisto, Shadow Weaver, Wun Dar
    Vintage MOTU Wants: Scubattack
    200x wants: Ice Armor He-Man, Jitsu staction

On a hill in the woods just around the corner
    Glad you shared about your project. I already know why, but I think others might be interested in learning more about WHY epilepsy awareness is important to you.

I love to see people get involved with things they are passionate about. Good for you!

Thanks again for the comic you sent me last month.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ToteMan View Post
    I have epilepsy and when my 2 year old saw me having a seizure all he could say was "Daddy fall down", I wondered how to explain to a child what happened and hence this comic was created. That 2 year old is now 20 and it has been a long journey to get here. Hope you enjoy.
    Thanks for adding that and sharing your struggle. Proud of you for creating a comic book character to help others understand as well.
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread