Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft

the sad truth about many of the immature players is, a very large portion of them are/were college age or older.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Unfortunately, there are immature people everywhere in general. There is an etiquette to this game.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love end game. The fights are awesome. The old days of tank and spank got boring. I love the strategy when it comes to the big raids. The game does get very complicated and you have to really know your stuff. Considering it probably takes about 16-20 days of playtime to get to lvl 70 (I'm not sure with the new patch, and really depends on how you play and who you play with) by then you should know how to play the game...but then again, time after time I've been proven wrong by a bunch of n00bs.

Me and a few of my friends on our Netherdrakes

Me after taking down Gruul.

Me on my drake w/ my interface
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

How long did your drake grind take you? I stopped playing at the end of April, and just came back 1st week of November. So, I missed all the patches in between. I wanted to start the grind, but didn't know how long to expect that to go.

I mostly pvp right now since I can only really play after 10pm.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    about 3-4 w33ks of daily questing for it. You can only do so many daily quest for netherwing. Only way to speed it up is to find the eggs, and the spawn rate is slow and people jump on them.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I did 8 of the netherwing quests a day and two of the skettis ones, took about an hour to complete each. I was making ~120g a day just from those so by the time the month was done and I had all the rep I need I had also made 3000+gold so it paid for my epic flying mount I had bought. I was at the point I could have gotten my second level 70 a netherwing and done the dailies on both.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Dailies are awesome. You can earn 3000 + gold a month if you stick with it. I try to do at least a couple a day, but I usually on do about 5-8. Keeps a great in flow of money to buy what ever you want.

I may start the daily quests for the netherdrake. I just want to get some pvp gear though. I already have my epic flying mount, and 5 other epic riding mounts.

Here is mt toon.

Heroic Warrior Savage Beast Man's Avatar
    Well I played WoW for the first time today. Started out as undead in Deathknell.

I can definatly see how this game can make you lose track of time.
    In the jungles of Eternia you must beware, or you'll fall into the claws of the Savage Beast Man.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Beast Man View Post
    Well I played WoW for the first time today. Started out as undead in Deathknell.

I can definatly see how this game can make you lose track of time.
    It starts out "I'll quit after I finish this quest"...but by the time you finish the quest you have almost up'd a lvl. So you say "I'll just go ahead and up this lvl and log". But by time that happens you get pulled into an instance with a group and by the time you finish that someone asks you if you could help them finish a quest. You agree only if they help you finish one really quick...then you say you'll log. But then by the time you get that quest done your reputation is almost ready to kick over so you grind it a bit...but then it's time to ding a lvl again...so you keep playing. Then you notice your mining skill so close to going to the next ore, so you farm. Then your bags are full and you have to run to the auction house...while there you see something you want but can't afford, so you grind some money....the process just keeps going and going.....

next thing you know you have been logged in for 38 hours and you either are eating ramen noodles or ordering food. You decide you finally HAVE to get some sleep for a few hours because your guild is going to be online soon and you a night full of instance runs.

LOL....

Wow! No pun intended.

Last night I was on for five hours, made six levels. Other members I was on with had to turn in, so I did as well.
    In the jungles of Eternia you must beware, or you'll fall into the claws of the Savage Beast Man.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Dailies are awesome. You can earn 3000 + gold a month if you stick with it. I try to do at least a couple a day, but I usually on do about 5-8. Keeps a great in flow of money to buy what ever you want.
    Level 70 in 16-20 days?! 3000 gold in a month?!

I played for a year. I had 1 level 70 and 1 level 63. In total I probably earned about 1000 gold, and even then I felt like I played too damn much.

You are not human.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by funkypunkyboy View Post
    Level 70 in 16-20 days?! 3000 gold in a month?!
    That's 16-20 days of actualy playtime for the average player. Multiply that by 24 hours . One of my friends I play with has lvl'd 9 toons to 70. He has it down that he can lvl one all the way up in about 10 days. Wowhead is your friend, get the right add ons, get a good group of guys, don't waste time doing things that don't matter.

For instance I'll go to an area, pick up as many quest as I can then look them all up on wowhead, get the coords for them and just make a big circle and get them all done in one loop. Turn them in, process repeats. Saves A LOT of time running around. Best thing is to have a higher lvl friend you can call on to blow you through the quest.

Stay out of PVP because you don't get xp for it. Wait till your lvl capped and pimped out before you do it. As for money, the auctioneer add on is your best friend.

It amazes me how many lvl 70s don't have thier epic flier. Yeah it cost 5K, but it was so easy to get that by doing quest and putting stuff in the AH. You do make so much more money in outlands though. You probably get 13g per quest after lvl cap. One thing I've noticed is that I just play one toon. I got a warrior up to lvl 55 and hated it, a shaman to lvl 20 and hated it and that's it. My hunter is the only thing I play. Other people play two or three different toons and they disperse one toons funds to all of thier toons.

I play the game way to much. I catch myself all the time when I'm sitting in front of a keyboard talking on the phone...I'll press the ~ button while I talk, which is my "push to talk" button on my mic for my vent.

Back in my heydey, I had a level 53 hunter with 23 days played (I kept trying to get the flavor of the month pets, then backlevel them to my level, greatly slowing my level rate) but then brought 5 characters to level 40 in 2 days played each (something like 2 weeks of real world time). This was on par or slightly faster than people I know who would get 60 in 6 days played. I plotted quests and strategies up to level 20, I think, on where to go and what to do.

And then I became terribly bored with the game and quit.
    Like customizing classic figs? Want to play the part of Mattel and design figures from existing fodder but you lack supplies? Bored?! Then try out the Classic Character Creation Compiler today!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotFool View Post
    And then I became terribly bored with the game and quit.
    I have a few friends who get on and run around never get anything done. One in particular I FINALLY convinced him to stop making characters every 15-20 lvls and get at least one toon to 60 (yeah, 60...not 70, this is how long it has been going). He logs in. Does I don't know what, then goes to the couch and reads a book or watches tv and AFKs out. He says the game bores him. Low lvl stuff bores the crap out of me and I tell him like I tell everyone else...the game gets FUN when you lvl cap. I think he ding'd lvl 54 or 55 a few days ago. He might hit 60 by the time the Lich King is released but I doubt he will hit 70 by the time the cap is 80.

"we did it, we're totally herores"

"now what do we do?"

"what do you mean? now we can play the game"

I thought that when I hit 70, things would get easy and I would just lay back and collect gold all the time. Truth was that I find myself fighting more. As a tank, I do more dungeon runs and raids. Get the nice gear too.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I thought that when I hit 70, things would get easy and I would just lay back and collect gold all the time. Truth was that I find myself fighting more. As a tank, I do more dungeon runs and raids. Get the nice gear too.
    That's one of the main reasons I hated playing a tank. Probably the thing seen most in trade or general channel is "LFM (insert instance) need tank and priest)". 2nd most common thing is Chuck Norris.

That's one of the main reasons I hated playing a tank. Probably the thing seen most in trade or general channel is "LFM (insert instance) need tank and priest)". 2nd most common thing is Chuck Norris.
    Haha, that has to be on every server then, Chuck Norris was the barrens chat on my last server, and the new one I switched to. I thought that was pretty funny.

Right now I can mostly only do pvp. Before the BC, I get up to General by the skin of my teeth. I got really bored with BG and started a BE pally and got him to 32. Then quit for 6 months. Now, with the new gear and BG changes, I can at least stand to play AV and EYE. AV is getting old real fast though. It is the same as it always was. Everyone makes a mad dash to the end boss, and the first one there wins. 90% of the time the Alliance win AV.

The new guild I am in now is mostly west coast which is great. Now I can log in at 10pm and still get a spot in the Kara raid. Before, it was over, or just getting done with. I never got in.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Binx4life View Post
    AV is getting old real fast though. It is the same as it always was. Everyone makes a mad dash to the end boss, and the first one there wins. 90% of the time the Alliance win AV.
    I was amazed how the game shifted with BC and the honor system. People would zerg the end boss. Before that the battles would last forever. I kid you not, I was in an AV battle, ONE battle...for 14 hours. The longest one I've been in since BC is 45 minutes.

Okay, thus far I have two characters for WoW.

One is a human warrior named Hedigan, a member of The House Of Four Winds. Level 7

The other is DelGanther, a druid elf, unplayed.

So yeah, i've only just barely begun.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    One is a human warrior named Hedigan, a member of The House Of Four Winds. Level 7

Like I always say "don't hate the player, hate the alliance"

Okay, thus far I have two characters for WoW.

So yeah, i've only just barely begun.
    Ok, so you just started. That is great news, now you won't feel like you are losing anything when you switch to horde. No really, you need to get on horde, Horde is where it's at.

I have a few friends who get on and run around never get anything done. One in particular I FINALLY convinced him to stop making characters every 15-20 lvls and get at least one toon to 60 (yeah, 60...not 70, this is how long it has been going). He logs in. Does I don't know what, then goes to the couch and reads a book or watches tv and AFKs out. He says the game bores him. Low lvl stuff bores the crap out of me and I tell him like I tell everyone else...the game gets FUN when you lvl cap. I think he ding'd lvl 54 or 55 a few days ago. He might hit 60 by the time the Lich King is released but I doubt he will hit 70 by the time the cap is 80.

"we did it, we're totally herores"

"now what do we do?"

"what do you mean? now we can play the game"
    See, from my observations, once you hit the level cap the game becomes a job. There's nothing to do but huge raids on regular schedules and crap like that. Although I enjoy playing in groups (making the online aspect relevant) I don't like having to specialize a certain way, play on a set schedule, that sort of thing. If you don't raid all the time, you're never up in the lists to get decent loot and you're left running around in crap gear. You have to dedicate yourself to the game so that you can get more stuff that makes you slightly better at some sort of enjoyable content.

I just can't see that as fun.
    Like customizing classic figs? Want to play the part of Mattel and design figures from existing fodder but you lack supplies? Bored?! Then try out the Classic Character Creation Compiler today!

Well, you got Wrath of Lich King coming, so you'll have a whole new set of quest soon.

the problem with raiding isn't really the raiding itself. Alliance does tend to have a more immature base and this shows up in alliance raiding. Another issue is the preparing for raids, the burning crusade design team messed up in doing things like practically making consumables (food buffs, elixers, flasks etc) required to raid. Unlike in the game before, where doing so was just the decorative portion of the icing on the cake. Basically without them before you could do just fine, the just give a bit of a boost to those who used them.

The other problem is the general unforgiving nature of many of the raid encounters, this was partially a problem with cutting it down to 25 people but not entirely. Most of the 40 man stuff could be done with as low as 30 (not overgearing the place, meaning raiding it at the appropriate time). The 25 man stuff you lose one person and you are starting to sweat. Note I didn't say it was hard, just unforgiving. Many of the encounters really weren't exactly difficult they just had little room for error, and it often wasn't a matter of skill just something stupid happening.