Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft

Heroic Warrior Savage Beast Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Binx4life View Post
    Ok, so you just started. That is great news, now you won't feel like you are losing anything when you switch to horde. No really, you need to get on horde, Horde is where it's at.
    My warrior is for play with my brother.

The druid elf hasn't even been used.

I can easily start a Horde character.

Matter of factly, i'll do so tonight.

Any suggestions on what type of character?
    Last edited by Savage Beast Man; November 29, 2007 at 08:59pm. Reason: add
    In the jungles of Eternia you must beware, or you'll fall into the claws of the Savage Beast Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Beast Man View Post
    My warrior is for play with my brother.

The druid elf hasn't even been used.

I can easily start a Horde character.

Matter of factly, i'll do so tonight.

Any suggestions on what type of character?
    Hunters are a very forgiving class. You don't need great gear or pets and you can solo or group effectively pretty much from the start. I found Warlocks fun as well. Rogues are nice if you like "active controls" and a variety of abilities to smite opponents. Warriors aren't newb friendly and neither are mages, though your mileage may vary.
    Like customizing classic figs? Want to play the part of Mattel and design figures from existing fodder but you lack supplies? Bored?! Then try out the Classic Character Creation Compiler today!

Can Hunters fight as well with weapons or hand to hand as Warriors?

Last night while gaming with my brother, I had I level 35 guy challenge me to a duel. I was level 7. No way. I declined. So he used the follow command to have his charcter attach to me wherever I went. I just logged out and logged back in. He went afk.
    Last edited by Savage Beast Man; November 29, 2007 at 09:44pm.
    In the jungles of Eternia you must beware, or you'll fall into the claws of the Savage Beast Man.

hunters shouldn't be able to out melee a warrior or rogue. Most of their melee capability is designed around getting the hunter back to range.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

In that case, i'm afraid i'll have to go warrior.

They're very gear dependant. If you're not constantly upgrading, you'll suck. Fortunately for you, you're not powerleveling, so you may have a shot at being constantly semi-geared, but I doubt it.
    Like customizing classic figs? Want to play the part of Mattel and design figures from existing fodder but you lack supplies? Bored?! Then try out the Classic Character Creation Compiler today!

I will restate my previous statement and give a bit of an explanation. Hunter's shouldn't out MELEE a warrior or rogue. If you are wanting an in your face smack people with your broad sword type then the warrior or rogue is for you. Hunters do very well in damage, just from a distance.

They are great levelers because of built in pocket tank (pet) and the ability to heal this pocket tank (mend pet which is no longer channel).

Generally speaking I would try to play each class to about level 10 at least if not 20 to get a feel for which class might be best for you. Up to level 10 the differences in the classes are marginalized, warrior in plate doesn't take a hit that much better then a priest in his wet tissue. By 20 the distinctiveness are more apparent. But that does not mean you have full knowledge of the class(es) you get many more abilities later in the class(es) life that aren't gained at 20.

I am not sure of your play time and how possible that is though.

Warriors are bit more suited for a second character you level up for reasons like idiotfool said. The reason they are a bit more gear dependent is the class is designed around taking a beating, the other classes are generally designed around avoiding taking damage.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I agree with what the others are saying. Warriors are more of a 2nd character. Hunters do insane damage to cloth wearers (warlocks, mages, priests) It is like fighting 2 people with a hunter pet in the mix. As a warlock, I hate hunters with a passion. Their range is unreal.

You are all right. Having a range character would be very beneficial. But my style of gaming has always been in your face, elbow deep in gristle.

As for gear dependency, part of the fun I have is in upgrading gear. I enjoy it.

I am now Horde.

If anyone wants to add my character as a friend, his name is Helltheefall.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    This is kind of neat...something I found that is he-man/WoW related. I don't know who did it, but it even mentions He-Man.org

Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I remember seeing that somewhere and thought it was really well done. He-man, Battle Cat, and Orko are all in WoW. They are all in Shattrath at the bottom of a ramp. Their names are changed up a bit, but you know that the developers put them in there. I think the names are Adam Eternium, Battle Tiger, and Ore-ko?(sp?) Pretty funny stuff.

they are the battle grounds npcs for aliance, keldor is there also. one of the horde quests you get to cure tigers with the battle cat green and yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    they are the battle grounds npcs for aliance, keldor is there also. one of the horde quests you get to cure tigers with the battle cat green and yellow.
    Alliance get everything cool. I think the game developers are all Alliance. But, I wouldn't switch from Horde even if I could.

alliance often say (said) the same thing about horde.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    But, I wouldn't switch from Horde even if I could.
    Couldn't agree with you more......
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I took an Alliance Warlock up to 60, then when TBC came out, I took a Horde Warlock up to 70, and my Horde experience was definitely way better than the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I took an Alliance Warlock up to 60, then when TBC came out, I took a Horde Warlock up to 70, and my Horde experience was definitely way better than the Alliance.
    I found Alliance side easier to find a group and when I was grouped, people healed more. Horde-side, Shamans and Druids were too busy thinking they were unstoppable damage dealers to throw a heal my way and Clerics were "melting faces". Plus, since Alliance didn't have a town/area that everyone congregated to like the Horde's Crossroads, I saw a lot less Chuck Norris spam on Alliance.

That said, I don't like any of Alliance races/looks and wouldn't want to play them.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotFool View Post
    I I saw a lot less Chuck Norris spam on Alliance.
    Where's the fun in that?

if you spent a decent amount of time in Ironforge a that time you would have seen just as much, yes just as much is the sad part as that meant most of the them were just standing in IF for that soul purpose where as the horde they actually might be killing stuff.

I am starting to do the netherdrake quests, and I am half way to friendly now. Any pointers as to what the quickest or easiest quests are to get the job done?

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I am starting to do the netherdrake quests, and I am half way to friendly now. Any pointers as to what the quickest or easiest quests are to get the job done?
    As you work your way through, you will get more quest available to you. by the time you are revered you will be able to poison the workers, netherwing relics, booterang, crystals, ore (or other gathering skill if available to you), kill some guys in nagrand (can't think of quest name), cargo shipment, and killing the ravagers and slayers in the mine. There will be a few 1 time quest that pop up. Make sure you do the races. The fourth or fifth race is very hard, just be patient. When you complete all of them you get 1000 rep plus a nice riding crop.

The main thing is finding eggs. Eggs are worth 250 rep a pop and spawn randomly. Keep an eye out on the floating islands and inside the mine are the best spots. I would /camp at the entrance of the mine and when I got up to go to work I'd log in real fast and there would usually be one there, one on the ramp inside down near the worms, and I'd usually fly one with a loop around the island. I'd find 4-6 a day. Also keep tapping the ore if you are a miner. It will randomly drop from it, and I usually got one a day. Don't stop when you get 40 for a turn in, keep a good stockpile. Nice easy turn in when you don't feel like doing dailies.

"This is your booterang, there are many like it but this one is yours" I love it!

Widget
    I camped the eggs away from the mine, a lot pop down in the orc castle in netherwing valley

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I've been down in Netherwing Ledge past couple of days just getting some dailies done and I've had probably 10 eggs drop just off of mobs/mining ore. I wish blizzard would make it so you could get some gold for turning them in after exalted.

Oh, and if you haven't seen the new Jinx clothing, it's pretty cool. The "tanks: your welcome" shirt is cool. I'm not sure how new this is, but I got the "+20 frost resistance" hoodie. I'm such a nerd.

I got my Drake after only 2 weeks of doing daily quests, and finding eggs. I am into week 2 of my Skettis (skyguard) rep and I am just over 12,000 into revered. I should hit exalted by early next week. I can't play so much now because of the holidays.

Here is a screen shot I took of the MOTU NPC by the Alliance BG.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    haha, that's cool. I've never played ally so I wouldn't know. I know Keldor the Lost is an undead at the BG in Shattrath.

I also finally decided to finish lvling off my 55 warrior, and I started a priest. Here is the cool part. I bought a second account and transfered my lvl 70 over. Now I pull up both and I put one of them on follow and I switch back and forth. I have my own personal bodygaurd for lvling. HAHAHAHA