Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I took an Alliance Warlock up to 60, then when TBC came out, I took a Horde Warlock up to 70, and my Horde experience was definitely way better than the Alliance.
    I have a level 27 priest and a level 12 mage. I like them, and I like Horde. The people I know who play Alliance often find themselves regretting their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    haha, that's cool. I've never played ally so I wouldn't know. I know Keldor the Lost is an undead at the BG in Shattrath.

I also finally decided to finish lvling off my 55 warrior, and I started a priest. Here is the cool part. I bought a second account and transfered my lvl 70 over. Now I pull up both and I put one of them on follow and I switch back and forth. I have my own personal bodygaurd for lvling. HAHAHAHA
    These NPCs are in Shattrath just around the corner from where the horde BG NPCs are. Just at the bottom of one of the ramps.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I'll have to check that out when I get home. I totally forgot about that.

My priest toon I just rolled I named Sorcoress. I got drunk one night and changed my main toon name from Hordak to Jeep,a but I'm going to change it back. My 2nd alt has a geologic name but I think I might name him something MOTU to complete the set lol.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Heroic Warrior Savage Beast Man's Avatar

Guild Talk

Let's talk Guilds, let's talk servers.

Currently I play on the Draka server. I have a character that is a member of the House Of The Four Winds guild. But...

My mage DelGanther has started the Shadow Freelancers guild, and I need good players to join the guild. So i'm recruiting. It's an alliance guild.

Requirements-

-Obviously have to be alliance side.
    -Must not have a completely lame character name.
    -Must be a mature player
    -Must be willing to help fellow guild members out with any help they may need.

Honestly these are very reasonable requests.

If you are interested, please PM me here. ALSO send Delganther a letter from any post box in the eastern kingdoms.
    In the jungles of Eternia you must beware, or you'll fall into the claws of the Savage Beast Man.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    For fun I downloaded the trial version today. Didn't really know what to do. Walked around. Ended up in some town named Moonbrook or something and someone came up and killed me. So I walked around as a ghost and found my corpse. Came back to life. About 5 seconds later someone killed me again. Then I shut off the game.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    well, my new pc gets here tuesday, so I'll probably be on wow by the end of the week. Still deciding if I wanna go with a paladin or warrior.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Movie mayhem!
    I'm on illidan come play with me :-)

heh, I'm on the west coast, so I'll probably use a server in my timezone.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    For fun I downloaded the trial version today. Didn't really know what to do. Walked around. Ended up in some town named Moonbrook or something and someone came up and killed me. So I walked around as a ghost and found my corpse. Came back to life. About 5 seconds later someone killed me again. Then I shut off the game.
    You need to look fro the people with question marks on their heads. They give the quests for you to do to level up and get new talents/abilities. If you are walking around as a level 1, then yeah, you are not going to get very far.

Quote Originally Posted by Binx4life View Post
    You need to look fro the people with question marks on their heads. They give the quests for you to do to level up and get new talents/abilities. If you are walking around as a level 1, then yeah, you are not going to get very far.
    Well I did figure out I could kill those nasty looking things to get money and was able to get up to level 3 before I got bored hehe. I'll have to go look for the people you describe when I have some time. Thanks for the advice!

Well I did figure out I could kill those nasty looking things to get money and was able to get up to level 3 before I got bored hehe. I'll have to go look for the people you describe when I have some time. Thanks for the advice!
    You should have one standing 3 feet from you when you first start the game.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Someone meaning another player? Sounds like you played on a PVP (Player vs Player) server. I play on a PVE (Player vs Environment) server. There is no way I'd play on PVP. I'd blow a gasket. Not only do you have to fight the mobs, aka bad guys, while trying to finish quest, you also have to worry about a rogue from the oposing faction stealthing in behind you and killing you. PVE is more fun imo. More relaxed gameplay.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    You should have one standing 3 feet from you when you first start the game.
    Well, I wasn't looking for them, remember. Be happy I found a Mage trainer or whatever he was. Although I really think you shouldn't have to pay him. Such greed!

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Someone meaning another player? Sounds like you played on a PVP (Player vs Player) server. I play on a PVE (Player vs Environment) server. There is no way I'd play on PVP. I'd blow a gasket. Not only do you have to fight the mobs, aka bad guys, while trying to finish quest, you also have to worry about a rogue from the oposing faction stealthing in behind you and killing you. PVE is more fun imo. More relaxed gameplay.
    You know, I should have paid attention to what those PVP and such things meant next to all the worlds. I just entered whichever it recommended.

Well, I wasn't looking for them, remember. Be happy I found a Mage trainer or whatever he was. Although I really think you shouldn't have to pay him. Such greed!
    It is a money sink, later in the game money isn't a hard think to come by.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    It is a money sink, later in the game money isn't a hard think to come by.
    The economy in the game is pretty amazing. I laughed when I read "Be happy I found a Mage trainer or whatever he was. Although I really think you shouldn't have to pay him. Such greed!" You should see how much it cost to learn lvl 70 abilities. Some spells and recipes can cost a thousand gold. The epic flying mount is 5,000 gold. Granted you make more money as the game progresses, especially when you hit outlands. It's tough unless you get into a good guild with people willing to help you out. I'm lvling a couple of toons now and it's so much easier when you already have a pimped out character to help you along.

It's also really nice to have two accounts. I put one on follow and jump on my hunter use aspect of the pack and clear the highway.

basically if they didn't have you spending things on those money sinks everyone at 70 would have a million gold and nothing to use it on.

For a very first character the skills do drain a few times, especially if you are basically powering through the game. Then you hit 40 and mount time comes up. At least as a mage you don't have to buy food or water like the other classes do, or something like a warrior which needs constant gear upgrades many of which aren't cheap.

One of the big problems you will come into is things like level 17-19 gear being overpriced on the AH because of twinking. But you can get some pretty good gear from the quests by that point, for example a quick and somewhat easy quest to do in darkshore gives you a decent caster staff (alliance side), but at the same time deadmines gives some pretty good loot, nice staff from a quest and a drop.

Basically you will find if you level up an alt it goes a heck of a lot smoother, as starting them off with 5-10 gold will keep them going for a while, and your higher level characters that amount of gold is nothing.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Evil Master of Warcraft
    when me and my friends lvl an alt we don't even start to worry about armor or weapons until we hit mid 60s. I just put on a quest item if it's better. Of course, we power lvl because we like to do more end game type content.

One of my friends has lvld 13 toons up to 70.

If you have a computer that will do it, and you have the extra 14 bucks a month, get a second account and power lvl yourself up. Its a neat way to play, kind of changes the game play up a bit.

Another tip if you haven't done it yet. Make your own guild on your bank toon so you can have your own guild bank. Very very useful. Just get your friends to make alts, sign charter, then boot them. Its really useful for me now that I have toons on two accounts. I can swap stuff back and forth without havign to wait via the mail system.

Through out most of the leveling of an alt I was solo, so the gear did come into play a bit more. But then my first was a warlock, then a warrior. The first I didn't have to worry about as much, the second it mattered.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Thats tough to do. The game is hard to do solo. When I first started playing I played solo up to lvl 35 or so, then I actually started making some friends on there that I still run with today (wow, it's been over 2 years).

Probably the best investment I have is the ventrillo server. We all just log in and shoot the bull, help each other out. If one of us needs help with something we all zerg down there knock it out.

I had friends who played along. It was more the twindle thumbs time while they were doing something else like gathering herbs, or during the times that the guild wasn't raiding, or hiding from said guild. The warrior started play with a gnome mage up to about level 30, then broke off. The lock was level 20 and duoed with paladin. I had people who would come help on the 'important' things. Usually had someone twink me through mordalim, deadmines, stockades etc and scarlet monastary. Most of the other instances just got skipped.

I was usually on teamspeak or vent talking to people at the same time.

all this talk about WoW is making me think of dropping final fantasy XI and switching to WoW.
    Watch my youtube videos and read my original fiction story's and poetry in my blog

http://www.youtube.com/theimmortal1818
    http://thefantasyshop.blogspot.com/

I got warcraft set up last night, but havent created a character since it took so long to get the patch downloaded.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by HeManOfGreyskull View Post
    I got warcraft set up last night, but havent created a character since it took so long to get the patch downloaded.
    Stonemaul is a west coast server. That is where I play my character, Binxster.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Master View Post
    all this talk about WoW is making me think of dropping final fantasy XI and switching to WoW.
    One of the guys I play with used to play FF, said switching to WoW was pretty much the smartest move he's done.

I got put on Velen. So I was wandering around some forest killing wolves and did like two quests and got to lvl 4. Only question is why can't my friggin Paladin use a sword darnit?
    Rob