Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft

With my play time the way it is, it is hard to get into groups to get rep for most of the instances. The more recent ones I hit exalted with are Netherwing, the skettis one (I forget the name) Orgr'la, Shatt Sun Offensive, and Cenarian.

I am putting most of mt time into trying to get my trinket from the 3rd boss in Heroic MGT.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    It is hard to find groups on my server also. I was thinking about xfering servers because on Moonrunner the Alliance out number the horde 3:1. There are very few end game guilds on the horde side. Luckily I got into a good one so I don't really have to xfer. I didn't want to because I have a lot of friends here. BTW I think I'm up to 20 exalted reps now.

****EDIT

I was playing on the Xbox today and noticed that on Guitar Hero III you can download and play "I am Murloc"!!!

That's awesome
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I finally got my main character to level 70

I'm thinking of starting a new character on a roleplaying server.

Is anyone else on one of those? What do you think of it?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    RP servers seem to be RP in name only. Sure, you'll find pockets of people who RP (mainly in Goldshire), but it's basically like any other server.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

After months of being away from WOW. I just started messing around with a friend's epic Shaman. I didn't want to get into the game again because I felt it was a waste of time any money, and with the expansion on the way, I didn't expect anything to have improved.

In a few hours of play, I was booted from a team for using a power 'too early' (the mega loser leader felt that I wasn't good enough to team with him and his friends anymore), had countless people beg for money (because they're too lazy to earn it) because I guess my gear made me look like I would just give it away, and watched as dozens of idiots flooded the screen with garbage messages as the Horde destroyed their pathetic little Alliance (that spends more time posting juvenile BS, namecalling and bickering than actually playing) in the Battlegrounds. Oh yes, and I was also denied another group because while being level 70, and having epic items, I just was not 'epic' enough.

Welcome, to the (real) World of Warcraft. Seriously. Just walk away from it, all of you, and do not bring anyone else into it. Nothing good will come out of playing Warcraft. Nothing.

World of Warcraft Addict - The funniest movie is here. Find it

And if you want, read the comments from the WOW fans below it. These are the people that you will share this fantastic, breath taking MMORPG world with.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; September 21, 2008 at 04:32am.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Welcome, to the (real) World of Warcraft. Seriously. Just walk away from it, all of you, and do not bring anyone else into it. Nothing good will come out of playing Warcraft. Nothing.
    nah, I love this game. I've made some great friends and I love the challenges it provides.

Anywhoot, I've played some on the beta servers and I must say the xpac is awesome. I'm so glad that they are introducing the achievement system. Also, the recruit a friend deal they have with triple XP is awesome. I lvl'd two toons to 60 in 3 days of playtime. I'm going to lvl up two more to 60 that way if I ever decide to play them I won't have the long grind. yes I recruited myself. Mainly because I wanted the mount. I rock three accounts on two computers/three monitors. Tons of fun. I'm also expecting my figure print today. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. I got picked in the lottery the same day I got my "golden ticket", so I kept my ticket for later and went ahead and purchased.

I've also been screwing around with Warhammer. Graphics are cool, but really just a crappy version of WoW. Also kills my resources. My PC is pretty pimped out, but Warhammer bogs it down, very choppy, and I even got the blue screen of death playing it.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

We casual players don't have those kinds of problems.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Northrend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I lvl'd two toons to 60 in 3 days of playtime. I'm going to lvl up two more to 60 that way if I ever decide to play them I won't have the long grind. yes I recruited myself. Mainly because I wanted the mount. I rock three accounts on two computers/three monitors.
    3 accounts? Three monitors? So you're one of those 'multi-boxers' that everyone hates?

Well I finally got my boyfriend off of Warcraft. Its been a couple weeks now. We spend more time together, watching movies, swimming, having sex. Its been great.

Sadly, another friend of mine, has sunk further into Warcraft. I don't even talk to him anymore, because after the accounts expired, there is no way to get a message to him. He doesn't answer his phone, he only responds to messages on Warcraft...

I stopped playing Warcraft a few months back. I think it was over the summer. I just got bored, and knew I couldn't keep going through the stress of trying to keep geared up. I hated arenas, and wasn't on at the raiding times because I really could only play during the day, or late nights.

I have to say that I do miss it a little, and if I was single and rich to where I didn't have to work, I would probably play again. But, now I spend the time with the family and I am better off. Would be cool to see the expansion though, but I won't be getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Binx4life View Post
    I have to say that I do miss it a little, and if I was single and rich to where I didn't have to work, I would probably play again. But, now I spend the time with the family and I am better off. Would be cool to see the expansion though, but I won't be getting it.
    I've chatted with you a few times. I'm sure if you were single and rich, you'd find more exciting things to do than sit home and play Warcraft.

i've been playing the expansion nonstop for the last 12 hours

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I did about 8 straight yesterday.

Then I got stuck at work until 4:30, and got home just in time to go to football practice. Now, I'm in a queue. I may pass tonight.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Got the expansion on Friday,

rolled my Troll Death Knight!

Awesome, epic, totally MOTU-Esque Death Knight quest chain!!!!!

I may roll a new DK just to play through it again!

Reminded me of Adora working for the Evil Horde in Secret of the Sword before a guy with a magic sword came and showed her the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Got the expansion on Friday,

rolled my Troll Death Knight!

Awesome, epic, totally MOTU-Esque Death Knight quest chain!!!!!

I may roll a new DK just to play through it again!

Reminded me of Adora working for the Evil Horde in Secret of the Sword before a guy with a magic sword came and showed her the right way.
    The only way you can have another DK is to have another level 70 character on another server. This is how Blizzard will keep taking your money, by making sure you level up to 70 if you want multiple DKs.

When it comes to Warcrack, just say NO!

Warcraft is really why I stopped coming here as much. It became my main hobby over MotU collecting.

I am an officer in a raiding guild named Nexus on the Gilneas server. We are a casual raiding guild.

Hit me up sometime, but don't do that "guess who I am" crap.

My main character's name is Mokakona (Enhancement Shaman)

Oh yeah... I only play Horde.
    Want List: Mosquitor Staction, He-Ro, Orko + Adam, Keldor, Battle Armor He-Man
    Trader Feedback

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I have been impressed with the expansion. I love the DK class too. If I hadn't invested so much time on my main I would totally swap.

I've had more fun from 70 - 75 than I have the whole rest of the game put together!

Well, from reading this thread I decided to take the plunge and have started my 14 day free trial of WoW. So far, I like it, but I find it really overwhelming. I'm not so sure I want to commit to $15 a month either (yes, money is that tight around these parts). I guess we'll see what happens at the end of the 14 days.

So far, for me...

Cons: Price, Overwhelming Amount Of Quests (I get discouraged when there's too much to do at any given time).

Pros: Easy Game Play, Overwhelming Amount Of Quests (at least there's a lot of stuff to do and gameplay isn't going to get stale too quickly).

That aside, I need to figure out how to get gold pieces quickly. I want to buy a horse

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by H0GW1LD3 View Post
    Well, from reading this thread I decided to take the plunge and have started my 14 day free trial of WoW. So far, I like it, but I find it really overwhelming. I'm not so sure I want to commit to $15 a month either (yes, money is that tight around these parts). I guess we'll see what happens at the end of the 14 days.

So far, for me...

Cons: Price, Overwhelming Amount Of Quests (I get discouraged when there's too much to do at any given time).

Pros: Easy Game Play, Overwhelming Amount Of Quests (at least there's a lot of stuff to do and gameplay isn't going to get stale too quickly).

That aside, I need to figure out how to get gold pieces quickly. I want to buy a horse
    It can be overwhelming, but you have to be patient. I have been playing for over four years, I have logged over 100 days of playtime on my main toon, completed 2800 quest (there is an achievement to do 3000). You won't get your 'horse' until level 30. It used to be lvl 40 but they changed it a while back. The gold will come. You will learn how to market your tradeskills and make money really easy. If you just do mining/herbalism you make a ton of money in the auction house. Also make some friends. Join a good guild and help them out, and they will return the favor. There are also some free add ons that are easy to install like quest helper, cartagrapher, and many others to make life easier.

Yeah, I'm a total n00b and have a lot to learn. I think I'm lvl 8 right now (not bad for 1 light evening of play). I gotta figure out how to pick a trade, what's best, and then maybe actually interact with people!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Yeah, I'm a total n00b and have a lot to learn. I think I'm lvl 8 right now (not bad for 1 light evening of play). I gotta figure out how to pick a trade, what's best, and then maybe actually interact with people!
    It kind of depends on what your class is. For example if you play a tanking class, you might want to pick mining and blacksmithing. You can use what you make but I think it really only helps out in end game raiding. If you pick a gathering skill you can make a lot of gold and buy the items you want off of other people. The end game equipment you make is usually bind on pickup after it is created, therefore you can't get it unless you have the pattern. Rouges do well with herb/alchemy. My main is a miner/enchanter. Doesn't really go well together but I can enchant all of my equipment, sell mats to make money, and sell all the ore I mine.

Rolled a couple of new alts lately, took Herbalism and skinning on them as the herbs and leather sell pretty good on the AH

You should read my previous posts about Warcraft before you venture further. Let me assure you, you will spend hundreds of hours of your life, and hundreds of dollars and accomplish nothing.

You're better off organizing social events with friends, swimming, working out, reading, watching movies or enjoying thousands of other activities. The only thing you will achieve by sinking into WOW is ensuring that Blizzard is successful in creating another highly addictive, money sucking game to enslave another 10 million people.

My friends Nathan and Geneva were like brother and sister, they did everything together. He started playing WOW and she became concerned. She had heard how some people take it. Sure enough, within a couple months he was neglecting her, me, his chores and became a hermit. Now, she can't even get him to come out of his room. He missed a group dinner last week at his favorite restaurant. 4 of his good friends were there, and his younger brother. We have not seen his face in 4 months. All he does is play WOW, and he is probably the one of the most powerful mages on her server. Yeah. Great accomplishment.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; December 27, 2008 at 03:34pm.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I've logged probably 130 or so days of playtime over 4 years. Me and my friends (some of which play also) still go out and do things. I have made some great friends on WoW that I enjoy talking to about things other than WoW. You can still have a social life and play. If I didn't play wow I would still be sitting here flipping through channels.