Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Can I ask where you picked that up? Anywhere specifc? The Internet? Because a friend of mine has this annoying girlfriend who I can barely stand to be around and she often recites such idioms that she digs up online, and gets him saying it, and my boyfriend saying it, and my ears wanting to bleed. This is not a personal attack, I only ask because it seems to be everywhere.
    lol, I guess I picked it up everywhere - tv, internet...etc.

Ya I don't see it getting better either, in fact I played for another hour last night just to see if my initial reaction was right...it wasn't.

it was worse than I thought
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Evil Master of Warcraft
    It is easy to play, hard to master. I always say the game doesn't start until you hit the level cap. Blast it all you want, but I don't think any other video game in history has had the staying power with such a strong audience. Warcraft has been around for 15 years, 5 of which has been WoW, and I don't see them shutting down the servers until at LEAST five more years.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post

If a game expects you to play for hours until you reach the fun part then in my opinion it has failed spectacularly...and miserably...failed spectacularly miserably

or to shorten it... EPIC FAIL
    To be honest what you played is a five year old game. The Draenei and Blood Elf starting zones are better which came out with the first expansion, and even better then that is the Death Knight starting zone, I know people who can't stand the class but loved the zone, that came out with the second expansion. The third they are adding in two more starting zones one for Goblins the other for Worgen that will play more like the Death Knight starting zone, and significant portions of Azeroth are getting rewritten to go along that route.

In the last expansion blizzard added in what they call phasing, you and another player can be in the same location but being on different parts of the quest giving you a feel that time has passed and your character is effecting the world. With the Death Knight starting zone you start off as a recently converted Death Knight, and you with several others are assualting a nearby settlement (don't worry for the most part they hate you for your mere existense) and as you move back and forth the areas change as the army you are apart of takes land.

Basically Blizzard is much better at creating a story with the quest lines now to make you feel like you are part of something bigger instead of someone just doing menial tasks for no other reason then XP.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

oh not saying ppl don't and shouldn't like it if it is their kind of game. I personally just found it extremely boring and again I hear "it gets interesting later" which imho is a weak arguement to use for a game.

but as they say "each to their own"

I agree, just saying they are fixing many things to make even the beginning of the game feel more epic. As far as gameplay goes not much I can do to change someone's mind you will like it or not.

I still think to this day Mortal Kombat is/was one of the worst fighters released hyped up by blood, and digitized images people thought were graphics. I was banned from playing not only certain characters but often even playing the game against people because I kicked the crap out of people, the sad part was I played MK 2 for all of a day when that happened. Yet I know many people who believe it to be one of the best fighting franchises around.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I should elaborate more on gameplay. It is getting more common for people to buy an account with a lvl 80 and they want to start running end game material. That would be like me buying a doctors outfit and going into my private practice. All the 'boring' stuff (which I agree can be boring...I hate leveling up characters), teaches you how to play the game. You don't get a four-year college diploma without putting the time in.

I know most of WoW inside and out. I might not be an expert on every little thing (que the Alliance), but I really know how to play my character. I hate when you get in a dungeon and tell another character to use a certain spell and they reply 'sorry I just got the account I'm still getting used to it" meanwhile they are wasting my time.

They have really nerfed the beginning zones, and it was to help players not to get too aggravated in dying time after time while they get the hang of it.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

WoW has never been great at teaching it's players how to play. I have played nearly a dozen other MMO's and their starting zones are more geared towards teaching some basics. The Death Knight starting zone does this more then the previous ones, I mean they have a quest designed to teach you that you can duel, another that there is a mail box, etc.

The main problem is even with that too many people don't pay enough attention to what they are doing, as the game has low penalty for mistakes and is easy enough without some training.

I remember as a noob hunter, not knowing that my pet was supposed to tank for me I thought it was just added damage it took another player to explain that to me.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I remember as a noob hunter, not knowing that my pet was supposed to tank for me I thought it was just added damage it took another player to explain that to me.
    That in itself is why people need to play the first 80 levels instead of buying an account ready to ride in guns blazing.

But I have frequently come across people who got to level cap themselves and never learned much of this stuff, considering you can get to level 80 from level 1 in about 1-3 weeks and never really run into another player who would have taken you aside and explained these mechanics is where I see the problem also.

To make matters worse when someone does, it's typically not the best time to do so (mid raid/heroic etc because people are still trying to perform). So what is meant has have you looked up spec, looked at improving your gear, looked at a better rotation comes off as get better gear? (read as your gear sucks), get a better spec? ( your spec is the stinks), play better? (you suck and should die in a fire).

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    The fact that WOW only costs $15 a month and you can play it as much as you want is not a good reason to get into it. There is simply no good reason to get into it.

Just go back to the first few pages of this thread and you'll see my experiences with this game. Seriously, it doesn't get better. How the game feels at level 20 is how it feels at level 80, you just have more pretty spells to cast, and more 10 year olds that can kill you in 2 shots when you step into a PVP zone. It gets soooooooooooooooo stale so fast.

Just stay away from this game. WOW culture drives me nuts too. I just watched a video of BlizzCon (it was sent to me by someone who despises warcraft). Holy crap these people are nuts. Will I don't deny that Blizzard has created some fun stories, and cool characters, and the artwork in the merchandise sometimes blows my mind, I can't get over Hordes of people cheering and freaking out or "We've adjusted the cooldown from 30secs to 15" or "This character will get a permanant 1% increase to-" its just nuts! Even when I played the game, and enjoyed some elements fiercely, I wasnt that crazy. Sheesh. I was following the new Star Wars game, but the more I read about it and the gameplay I see just looks like WOW dressed up like SW.

Can I ask where you picked that up? Anywhere specifc? The Internet? Because a friend of mine has this annoying girlfriend who I can barely stand to be around and she often recites such idioms that she digs up online, and gets him saying it, and my boyfriend saying it, and my ears wanting to bleed. This is not a personal attack, I only ask because it seems to be everywhere.
    Attack of the Show uses it alot, not sure where it originated from.

Addiction is bad in any form. Most WoW players will never go to Blizzcon, and at most would only go once for the experience. But you get the exact same culture with comics, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Star Trek, various 80s cartoons, just about any music band, various other video games....
    Last edited by wyldman11; February 14, 2010 at 06:36pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

lol I think I have an anti-addictive-thing personality. By which I mean

World of Warcraft - most ppl love it - I hate it
    Call of Duty (4, 5 & 6) - most ppl love them - I hate them
    Star War - ppl love it - I hate it
    Star Trek - ppl love it - I hate it

thing is I don't hate them because ppl love them, I hate them because I hate them.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I got my Creative Soundblaster WoW headset today. I went with the wireless version. I was sold on these as soon as I saw them at Blizzcon. Sound and comfort is epic. I give two Tauren thumbs up.

I've almost achieved my first lvl 80 character. I'm hoping by bedtime tonight, I'll have my 80. Thankfully, my experiences have been mostly positive (with my first "major" negative one just happening last night and was, all things considered, pretty minor overall) & it's actually kinda helped me reconnect with a few old friends, which is awesome.

A side note, while still being on topic, if anyone here is raiding and on the Draenor server, send me a PM. I'm sure being the noob that I am that I'll probably have trouble getting into raids (I don't even know how to figure out my Gearscore, and I'm not entirely sure I really care).
    Visit Miraclemen.Info : The Miracleman Archive. Website assistance & fan submissions encouraged/welcomed.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=168456

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by H0GW1LD3 View Post
    I've almost achieved my first lvl 80 character. I'm hoping by bedtime tonight, I'll have my 80. Thankfully, my experiences have been mostly positive (with my first "major" negative one just happening last night and was, all things considered, pretty minor overall) & it's actually kinda helped me reconnect with a few old friends, which is awesome.

A side note, while still being on topic, if anyone here is raiding and on the Draenor server, send me a PM. I'm sure being the noob that I am that I'll probably have trouble getting into raids (I don't even know how to figure out my Gearscore, and I'm not entirely sure I really care).
    Early grats to you and your lvl 80!

Don't fret too much about gearscore. I think there is an addon that will tell you, but I use the character thingy on wowhead.com and it tells me what mine is.

Regardless of what people say about the gearscore one thing is a fact. You have to have X gearscore to go into Halls of Reflection in the random dungeon finder, which still doesn't help because tanks with /ragequit.

Gearscore is just a guideline. At 80 yours going to be low, at 80 if you haven't yet I would do the Stormpeak quests, the Icecrown quests, do each of the instances of at least once in normal mode. Maybe run TOC5 normal mode several times. Then join in heroics, it does to some extent match you with comparably geared players. Depending on your schedule, I would then after having a few epics from either drops or badges do the ICC 5 mans on normal mode, I would even do each of them a few times.

that is all on the safe side of things, to keep people from going omg you don't have gear blah blah.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I've also found it best that if you go in an instance you haven't done yet, or just a few times, let the group know. Right now for you as soon as you get in there say something like "Hey guys I just hit level 80, if you see me doing something wrong or have any input let me know and I'll try to fail less".

I play a hunter 99% of the time. Once in a while I'll jump on my DK. Every time I get in a group I say "Hey guys I play ranged dps most of the time, so bear with me on melee. If do something stupid let me know".

I've found that when you do that before you wipe the group they are more forgiving and usually will help you out a bit.

I'm finally level 80, and am having so much fun exploring now with my epic flying mount. Of course, a number of friends can't understand why I enjoy exploring and having fun in that game.

I absolutely love being told nonstop about how I'm, "playing the game wrong," and how much I suck for not building my character exactly like thousands of other characters.

I know if I want to get hardcore quests and dungeons, I'll neet the uber gear and everything, but if I have to build my character exactly like everyone else and do things I hate for HOURS on end (which I simply don't have), then what's the point of the game? I could be doing plenty of other things that are enjoyable.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    I'm finally level 80, and am having so much fun exploring now with my epic flying mount. Of course, a number of friends can't understand why I enjoy exploring and having fun in that game.
    used to hunt for treasure chests but now they are virtually non existant anymore and never drop anything good. whats the point of exploring? you're just seeing the same tired old landscape with no real surprises. gave up WOW a long time ago. there's no WOW factor left.

Two big changes announced. First forums will now use realid, meaning your real first and last name (at least what you signed up with) will now appear on all forum posts. It is attempt to cut down on trolling and move further towards activisions goal of making a social network through games.

The second, a distraction, a huge revamp to talents lowering it down to 31 points in each tree. At level 10 you pick a tree and you get some immediate bonuses from it, every other level you can put in points till you spend 31 points in that tree at which point you can spend points in another tree.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I like the real ID in the forums. Now you can't hide behind a level 1 alt. The Real ID is great in game. I have a few friends who bounce around toons ally/horde/different servers and it is great to be able to chat with them.

If anyone wants to chat me up in some blizz games let me know and I will PM you my Real ID email.

Few other things. I am going to Blizzcon again this year, is anyone here going?

I got my beta key and I've got a goblin warrior up to level 7. I haven't had a lot of time past few days to really check it out. I might run blackrock caverns tonight on my hunter. If you have any questions about what it is like let me know. I'm sure you can read up on it anywhere else, but if you all would like I can post some stuff here about it. If anyone else is in the beta let me know

Also, for those who have Vent and Windows 7 and was having the lag issue, I found out last night that on the forums on ventrilo's website the creator posted a fix.

While I agree it will cut down on most of the trolling, it is already going to prevent a lot of people from flat out posting on the forums. I have come across various posts, and ladies who have been stalked from someone they met in game. And with full name that makes it easier for similar problems to come up again.

The real id change has been cancelled

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/25968...mes-in-forums/

Hello everyone,

I'd like to take some time to speak with all of you regarding our desire to make the Blizzard forums a better place for players to discuss our games. We've been constantly monitoring the feedback you've given us, as well as internally discussing your concerns about the use of real names on our forums. As a result of those discussions, we've decided at this time that real names will not be required for posting on official Blizzard forums.

It's important to note that we still remain committed to improving our forums. Our efforts are driven 100% by the desire to find ways to make our community areas more welcoming for players and encourage more constructive conversations about our games. We will still move forward with new forum features such as conversation threading, the ability to rate posts up or down, improved search functionality, and more. However, when we launch the new StarCraft II forums that include these new features, you will be posting by your StarCraft II Battle.net character name + character code, not your real name. The upgraded World of Warcraft forums with these new features will launch close to the release of Cataclysm, and also will not require your real name.

I want to make sure it's clear that our plans for the forums are completely separate from our plans for the optional in-game Real ID system now live with World of Warcraft and launching soon with StarCraft II. We believe that the powerful communications functionality enabled by Real ID, such as cross-game and cross-realm chat, make Battle.net a great place for players to stay connected to real-life friends and family while playing Blizzard games. And of course, you'll still be able to keep your relationships at the anonymous, character level if you so choose when you communicate with other players in game. Over time, we will continue to evolve Real ID on Battle.net to add new and exciting functionality within our games for players who decide to use the feature.

In closing, I want to point out that our connection with our community has always been and will always be extremely important to us. We strongly believe that Every Voice Matters, ( http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/mission.html ) and we feel fortunate to have a community that cares so passionately about our games. We will always appreciate the feedback and support of our players, which has been a key to Blizzard's success from the beginning.

Mike Morhaime
    CEO & Cofounder
    Blizzard Entertainment
    Last edited by wyldman11; July 9, 2010 at 02:11pm.

I am going to be starting up soon, as I have just received the WoW Battle Chest as a gift. I've played EQ, EQII, DAOC, Warhammer Online, Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes, & Champions Online. So I am looking forward to a new world!

I can't believe it, but Cataclysm is even more fun than I was expecting!

Got my lvl 85 hunter and I'm happy. Now, to farm up skins!
    Visit Miraclemen.Info : The Miracleman Archive. Website assistance & fan submissions encouraged/welcomed.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=168456

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    i'm playing again after a 2-year hiatus... we usually play each winter, then quit for the rest of the year, but last year i didn't play. having a great time playing this year, though! glad i signed back up!
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

Evil Master of Warcraft
    For those that haven't played in a while I highly recommend getting an authenticator. Free on smart phones, 6.50 bucks (US) for an actual one.

One friend lost over 80K gold.

Remember Blizzard will never ask for your password!

I get probably 2-6 spam emails a day and they are getting pretty slick at trying to get my info.