Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    For those that haven't played in a while I highly recommend getting an authenticator. Free on smart phones, 6.50 bucks (US) for an actual one.

One friend lost over 80K gold.

Remember Blizzard will never ask for your password!

I get probably 2-6 spam emails a day and they are getting pretty slick at trying to get my info.
    yeah, my husband was a victim of hacking... someone took all his gold and good armor... he has an authenticator app on his iphone, and he's getting a keychain version for me.
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngora View Post
    yeah, my husband was a victim of hacking... someone took all his gold and good armor... he has an authenticator app on his iphone, and he's getting a keychain version for me.
    Don't you think its a little ridiculous that you have invested so much in a game that has been polluted in such a way?

There are dozens of online MMOs with great graphics, stories and content that do not require paid for 'authenticator apps' just to keep your digital crap safe. Blizzard is laughing at you people, as are the hackers that are stealing your stuff. Why not try something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Don't you think its a little ridiculous that you have invested so much in a game that has been polluted in such a way?

There are dozens of online MMOs with great graphics, stories and content that do not require paid for 'authenticator apps' just to keep your digital crap safe. Blizzard is laughing at you people, as are the hackers that are stealing your stuff. Why not try something different?
    Because they like playing WoW?

WoW is the largest and most popular MMO in existence, and as all things popular its a target for scamming (just like paypal, amazon, and everything on the internet that gets a lot of use). And its not like other MMO's are free from account issues, if there is a way to take your money in game or out thieves will find a way.

That should not be a deterrent if you enjoy playing it, you take precautions to not be a target (just like you would configure your spam filter and watch your emails more carefully in regards to online account).
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Eh, try Perfect World. The graphics are arguably better, it's free to download, free to play, and the character creation is the best there is out there to date. (You'll never find any two characters that look alike.)
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com

Evil Master of Warcraft
    This thread discusses a lot of stuff about WoW. I think it mostly discusses the game as a whole, playability, competitive games, etc.

I have made another thread here in the Other Forum if you want to keep it segregated for topics dealing with the actual story, game changes, recommend addons, and to show off your loot.

There is so much in the WoW universe I think segregating the two topics will be easier. Give it a try if you would like.

However, its for Horde only
    (joke^)
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I have played LotRO, DDO, EQ2, and others I can't recall right now. Each had gold spam, and people would get their accounts hacked from time to time. It's the standard practice of hackers etc to hit the largest target, this is why browsers like Firefox, Chrome are safer then IE, same with Operating systems compared to Windows. When 75% of consumer base uses one product you are going to find better results dealing with that group.

The only way to be unhackable is to never go online.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I have played LotRO, DDO, EQ2, and others I can't recall right now. Each had gold spam, and people would get their accounts hacked from time to time. It's the standard practice of hackers etc to hit the largest target, this is why browsers like Firefox, Chrome are safer then IE, same with Operating systems compared to Windows. When 75% of consumer base uses one product you are going to find better results dealing with that group.

The only way to be unhackable is to never go online.
    Some of the spam emails I get every day are like this:

Greetings,

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal World of Warcraft account(s). As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:
    http://eu.battle.net/login/en-gb/log...pp=bam&cr=true

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Blizzard Entertainment SAS
    TSA 60 001
    Service Administration des Comptes
    78143 Velizy Villacoublay Cedex

If you wish to review our current Rules and Policies for World of Warcraft and Battle.net, they can be found at:
    http://www.wow-europe.com/en/policy/
    http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...ermsofuse.html

Regards,

Game Master Dunarthra
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    http://eu.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=35726

Please retain all history if you reply to this mail
    So, it's not as much keyloggers as it is people logging into fake sites and just giving away the info.

Another big way it happens are when people pay for gold and/or power leveling. You pay for the service, especially the power leveling, then 3 - 6 months later the same people that got paid to up your account use the same old password to go in and steal all the loot you collected, and resale on the gold market...then process repeats.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I wonder if we will ever get that Raimi WOW movie now that WB is gonna release The Hobbit films. WB need another good fantasy series since HP is no more after this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Some of the spam emails I get every day are like this:

So, it's not as much keyloggers as it is people logging into fake sites and just giving away the info.

Another big way it happens are when people pay for gold and/or power leveling. You pay for the service, especially the power leveling, then 3 - 6 months later the same people that got paid to up your account use the same old password to go in and steal all the loot you collected, and resale on the gold market...then process repeats.
    My comments on browsers and OS were more in comparison. A hacker is going for damage, they aren't going to spend time on something that only effects a small portion of users. If I am going to try to make money off some MMO through illegal means I am going to target the larger audience. I know people who get WoW emails like the one you posted who don't play WoW, the reason why? The hackers assume with 11 million accounts chances are that person does play WoW. Where as one of the many other MMO's where .5-2million people play, the scam is less likely to work.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull09 View Post
    I wonder if we will ever get that Raimi WOW movie now that WB is gonna release The Hobbit films. WB need another good fantasy series since HP is no more after this summer.
    From MMO Champion....looks around 2014

You can get a free authenticator through a smart device. But the main reason I am making this response, my brother just had two of his friends games get hacked who play Guild Wars (might be 2).

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    So how is everyone enjoying Cataclysm?
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

The questing zones are the best ones they have made to date. Dungeons are like always more extended concepts from previous dungeons, many of the encounters will be forced in their function which is nice. The Wotlk ending of everything is tank and spank is over.

I will however say random number generator bosses are irritating, the dragon in Grim Batol comes to mind.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I leveled my hunter and pally at the same time from 80-85 and have completed all the quests in each zone minus a few quests left to do in Uldum. I've also played a goblin to level 11. I really like some of the quests. They have been very fun to do. I love the guild achievements also. I'm in a small guild with a group of about 10 people I've played with for years. We've been going back and doing all the old dungeons and stuff for the achieves. I've been offline almost two weeks due to massive computer failure but I got it all fixed and downloaded the game last night.

To celebrate I went out and got the Steelseries MMO cata mouse to try it out. I'm anxious to get home and try it out...after I download all my addons again.

Since we have been playing catch up I haven't had a lot of time to run the new dungeons too much. I have done them all and I think they are pretty fun. Very dynamic. I haven't done a heroic yet but I've heard they are tough. Hence why I'm working on getting gear in regular first.

I haven't dipped into a raid yet either. So much to do........especially now since I'm almost two weeks behind.

One of my goals by the end of the year is to be gold capped. I've been working the AH for a while disenchanting mats and reselling. Usually while I'm at work I pull upwow on my laptop and scan the AH and bid/buy/disencahnt/relist stuff on downtime. Its become one of my new favorite things to do.

I've actually quit raiding and heroic dungeons for the most part. The boss encounters just seem kind of irritating and my patience is a lot shorter than it used to be. Since everything is harder, it all takes a lot longer, which I really can't bring myself to commit to.

So I have returned to what I used to be - a solo, casual player.

Warhammer Online is my favorite, I am going to try Star Wars : The Old Republic and DC Universe Online. Of games I have played in the past: Ultima Online, Everquest I & II, Dark Age of Camelot (my old favorite), Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes, & Champions Online.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I've had a few friends quit playing and the other few friend aren't interested in PVP. I'm not that great at arena battles but I'd like to get the pet by doing at least 50 battles during the tournament.

Anyone need a team member?

Right now I have been playing the PS3, few friends left for Rift. Closest friend is in a funk with the game, I think raiding is a bit too twitchy. I also scaled back playing when my work load got bumped up, combined with my guild raiding an hour later than they were before.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Been sort of slow on my end also. Few friends took time off, not enough people to raid, summer = less playtime anyways.

Any thoughts of World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria?

Here's the quick important note
    Maximum Level are now in 90
    Monk are the new class in Mists (As I call it)
    Pandaria is the new playable racial character!
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Heroic Warrior
    I play WOW from time to time, but I will never play a panda bear... I dislike it....

I like the new direction they are going with the game. Seems like they're making it so there will always be something to do. Since I quit raiding in Cataclysm, all I do is login and stand around Orgrimmar for a minute and then logout!

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I've always thought that the Pandaren were pretty cool. The new continent looks great, too.
    I'm looking forward to see what they do with all of that business, lorewise. Hopefully, we'll get a novel or a comic, or something.

So Ranma 1/2 has finally met up with WoW, I might have to jump in
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I like the new direction they are going with the game. Seems like they're making it so there will always be something to do. Since I quit raiding in Cataclysm, all I do is login and stand around Orgrimmar for a minute and then logout!
    I hadn't read over the details of all that type of stuff, but I am in a similar boat. I was OK (middle of the road) with the raiding this expansion but the big kick was me and the girlfriend were in a raiding guild that kind of adjust their time too late for us to go with and we really didn't want to look for a new guild.

On the Pandarans I like them, I will roll one and go monk I will just have to figure out who to delete if they don't give us another slot.