Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I like the new direction they are going with the game. Seems like they're making it so there will always be something to do. Since I quit raiding in Cataclysm, all I do is login and stand around Orgrimmar for a minute and then logout!
    Reorganize your troops and I will meet you there!

Well actually I decided to purchase the subscription by end of next year. It's kinda addicting and disappointed with the starter pack that they gave to us. =(
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Digging the Pandas. Digging the Monk class. The landscapes are going to be phenomenal.

NOT digging the new talent system. They forced you into hitting your a certain mark in your tree before allowing you to take talens from yoru offspec, and now they are complaining that the specs are 'too cookie cutter'. Their solution? Simplify even more. I'm not loving it.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I had to quit playing WoW. It was too hard to get the right kind of gear to raid or do heroics with and I got sick of other players being vindictive and rude all the time about my stats without giving me any constructive advice.

Shame because my favourite part of WoW is the Hallow's End celebration which is probably going on right about now.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post

Shame because my favourite part of WoW is the Hallow's End celebration which is probably going on right about now.
    It is and they revamped it. You have dailies to do to buy the stuff, even the masks. Pumpkins in the inns can only be treated once, horseman's bag can drop masks so can his daily.

The dailies are honor your factions Wicker Man, Desecrate the opposing factions, clean up stink bombs, or take a vehicle to the opposing city and drop stink bombs. Also stop the horseman, in the secondary start zones.

They have a new cat pet that has a witch hat that when you mount will get on a broom and fly behind you.

All that you may or may not like, I liked the idea of trick or treat but thought it was too invasive to the rest of game play.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I had to quit playing WoW. It was too hard to get the right kind of gear to raid or do heroics with and I got sick of other players being vindictive and rude all the time about my stats without giving me any constructive advice.

First of all, I'm sorry people were nasty to you in the game. I always try to make it a point to be helpful when people have questions, but not everyone is like that.

As for constructive advice, how much homework did you do on your class? What was your class? Everyone has been in the postion where they were just trying to gear their toon. And the folks who are going to get a bug up their posterior about that are just flat-out jerks. On the other hand, people get annoyed when it's clear that people haven't even looked into what their minimum requirements are (proper hit and expertise levels for melee classes, hit for casters, etc).

Yes, WoW is just a game. However, it's a game where you are often placed in groups with others, and as such, you have a certain responsibility to hold up your end of the bargain (so to speak). While it admittedly seems silly to have to do homework to play a game, it's the nature of the beast in the world of the MMO.

It is too bad people weren't nicer. That is a constant frustration. Fortunately, I've got a nice group of people on my server (Ravencrest). We're recruiting a Tank, too, if anyone's interested (Alliance)
    Visit Miraclemen.Info : The Miracleman Archive. Website assistance & fan submissions encouraged/welcomed.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=168456

A lot of it's the child like mentality many people who play the game have. As I have said in the past some of the worst thirteen year olds in WoW were over the age of thirty.

I have been in groups where we said this is this persons first time, people dropped to be followed up by very helpful people and we had no problems, except it may have taken a bit longer. I have also dropped after someone said this or the full group said this but I gave an explanation (usually I was expecting a run to off in a certain time frame and I just had enough time to do it). And they said they understood. Typically I logged out at that point because of time.

I understand it sometimes, but many times people need to just learn to be responsible about it.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Well, the epilogue of Cataclysm are disappointing to be honest! I..... might hold on on the next expansion!
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

While I didn't keep up with all the details (I did the first two bosses in BWD) I agree storywise. The alliance story felt very unfinished. I don't say there is a horde bias, but I do note the story was very heavy on Thrall. Where as say Wrath was a good mix of a faction based character mixed in with several neutral ones.

I do hope that the end result was more just another part of the Old Gods plan and was planned that way from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I do hope that the end result was more just another part of the Old Gods plan and was planned that way from the beginning.
    It makes me wonder if the Titan was only the protector of the universe and Old Gods deciding their fates on the universe.

I don't know, I read many fiction that the antagonist controlling the world's fate and the good guys only giving prophecy!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Well, the epilogue of Cataclysm are disappointing to be honest! I..... might hold on on the next expansion!
    There probably isn't a bigger WoW fan on this site than myself, and I have to say I agree with you.

After WotLK Blizzard top designers said that they had learned from BC that you need to envolve your main boss in the story. In BC you got to the end of Black Temple and finally see Illidan for the first time. During LK he was in your face after you the entire time. So when you killed Arthas you felt like you had some closure.

I was expecting the same thing in Cata. I saw Deathwing more while getting "Stood in the Fire" more than I did questing. I understand you are fighting the cult, but seriously...needed more Deathwing.

The cinematics for Fall of the Lich King and the ending are IMO awesome. The cinematics before and after 4.3 are very very weak.

As for the Frostwing dungeons released with 3.3 I was very pleased. I LOVE Halls of Reflection and being chased by Arthas. These instances added in 4.3...well...suck. I'm really into the lore and the end game makes more sense if you have read Thrall: Twilight Aspect. I don't see Thrall ever being Warchief again, so I'm anxious to see what happens, which from what my friends tell me is going to be set up by Wolfheart (which I picked up this weekend) and the book about Jaina.

I will say that I played the Pandaran race at BlizzCon and I really liked it. The look and feel was perfect and I can't wait for it.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Is anyone still playing the game?

My guild and raid team fell apart, so I've been kind of floating aimlessly for a few months, levelling/gearing alts and goofing off with achievements. Hoping some folks come back in MoP and we can get things going again since I'm not crazy about starting over with a new guild, but thats a stretch at this point. Raid finder has been ok, but it's depressing to login to your 'home' guild and see 2-3 people on where there used to be 15-20.

If anyone is interested, shoot me a tell if you see me on:

Argent Dawn (US): Platino-85 Human Paladin, Gauu-85 NElf Hunter, Nemesis-85 Human DK, Greysonn-85 Human Warrior, Teeala-85 NElf Druid, Kharaa-85 Dranei Mage, Bennylava-85 Dwarf Shaman, Zarak-47 Dranei Priest, Abagail-37 Worgen Rogue

Bloodhoof (US): Tenor-85 Orc DK, Platino-85 Human Paladin, Kharaa-85 Human Mage, Gauu-12 Troll Hunter

Uther: MÔleficent-85 Dranei DK, HŰman-16 Human Paladin

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I'm still playing, but most of my small guild is on hiatus. Most have been doing SWTOR, and I've played some of it too. MOP beta is out, so I'm playing around with it, and you have Diablo III out next month.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Still playing now and then. Guild started starting their raids an hour before the girlfriends bedtime and since I mainly play with her I haven't raided in some time. I think the guild is still doing as fine as ever.

She got a beta for MOP, I got one for Diablo 3.... We both did the year subscription though.

It's something how a good raid can improve your attitude about raiding.

I've been on a self-imposed raid hiatus lately (substitute raid leading for 6 months took a bit out of me). Our group fell apart shortly after the "regular" raid leader came back, and my wife has been wanting to raid again-but didn't want to kill DW without me (because she is a sweetheart ). So, I told her we should try to pug something last night-her on her resto shaman main, me on my hunter. Couldn't find something for both of us, but there was a group looking for a healer-so I engouraged her to go with them. She did, so I queued for lfr.

Then I saw someone looking for a ranged dps for DS. After having psyched myself up for it all day, I decided to look into going (I hadn't set foot in there on my hunter, but my raid group was 5/8 before I stepped away for my break). Turns out, it was a pretty solid group. We got through 7/8 (with Ship and Spine were new kills for their group-including a Ship 1-shot). People mostly did their jobs. I didn't have to babysit people, which was refreshing. My dps success in LFR carried over, with my hunter topping the charts in damage and dps in 4 of the 7 kills, plus the 4th platform Madness attempt. I even nabbed the agility trinket from Spine, which replaced my lowest ilvl item, Ricket's Magnetic Fireball. I was invited back when they finish on Monday, but will probably only go if they have a spot for my wife (whose PUG went 6/8, but only runs one night per week). She's a fantastic resto shaman with an avg ilvl of 396, so it's not like she would be carried. The only issue with my group is I'm not sure the dps was high enough to get through the DW fight. I was doing 41K on the fight, but there were people as low as 26 and 28K.

It's something how one night can re-stoke the raiding fires. Plus, I don't have to run any heroics to cap valor for the week, which is awesome.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I didn't get to do any Firelands raids, but I love the new raid finder. I don't have the time to put into full time raiding, but with the raid finder I get to experience the content. Going to be great in MOP.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I didn't get to do any Firelands raids, but I love the new raid finder. I don't have the time to put into full time raiding, but with the raid finder I get to experience the content. Going to be great in MOP.
    You didn't miss much in Firelands. WAY too much trash to start, which just bogs down the raid. Some of the bosses were fun, but a few were just too easy or too annoying. I prefer DS to Firelands, even though that was where we fell apart.

That's a common problem, typically the reason why is people seem to forget the struggle to get content on farm at first. That or when you get stuff on farm people are more consistently showing up, then the people who just want easy raid are forced into the challenge of learning encounters. This isn't as much of a problem as it was back in classic, which was made worse by raids getting more and more difficult (not just gear related) as you went on. We used to joked MC was tuned around 20 people who worked well together, and you could carry 20. BWL was 25 and 15, AQ was 30 and 10, and Naxx was 35. AQ40 was known as a guild breaker, and is part of the reason many never saw the original Naxx.

This could be different from your own situation, my experience now is guilds are typically formed of about 5-10 consistent people then filled in with people who float in and out of guilds till either some drama happens from the guild or the individual themselves or they 'feel the need to move on.' Typically the last is more them filling in a resume for a bigger named guild on the server.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    You didn't miss much in Firelands. WAY too much trash to start, which just bogs down the raid. Some of the bosses were fun, but a few were just too easy or too annoying. I prefer DS to Firelands, even though that was where we fell apart.
    My main concern is the big "Neutral" where "exalted" needs to be.

Basically, our situation has been deteriorating since tier 11.

We had two raid groups at the start of Cata. The "hardcore progression" group, headed up by my friend Nathan, and the "casual" group, headed up by another of the guild officers. Their group had their issues holding onto people because one of their healers (who happened to be the guild leader) was legally blind and just could NOT hack it in Cata dungeons, resulting in them losing healers who were tired of carrying her.

Our group was a little different. The team lead's wife got pregnant, leading to sporadic attendance by him-at which point, I took over as co-lead to keep things going (note this; it becomes a pattern). We were successful enough, despite ourselves-even catching the 'hardcore' group in progression for a while a couple months in. I had some people who weren't big on doing their own homework on their characters. I had to argue with an arcane mage to get her to get to hit cap. I had to tell an elemental shaman that he couldn't use leather bracers (that had better stats than his old mail bracers) because he lost his Mail Specialization. His response? "It's just a little mana." This was about 6 months after Cata launched, and he had NO idea that intellect was now spell power, crit, and so on. I eventually grew tired of babysitting people who would not do even minimal homework on their own class, and accepted an invitation to run with the other group on my hunter and have my co-lead take back over full-time. The last raid week before the nerfs went into place on the tier 11 raids, we swept through the remaining bosses (Nefarian in BWD, Al'Akir in Tot4W), and I was excited about the prospects of Firelands. Not having to be in charge, filling the air with arrows-it sounded like a blast. Heck, I did Molten Front dailies on THREE toons to make sure my Hunter was ready to go for tier 12. It was rough, but it was worth it. Then we lost more people as they grew tired of the game. We stagnated. We brought in more people, and they did fine, but the chemistry wasn't really the same. By midway through the tier, Nathan had stepped down because of work, I was tanking again because we lost another tank, and I was running the raids again. We never killed Ragnaros because people couldn't do what they had to do, and everyone got frustrated. We had moderate success in Dragon Soul after giving up on Rags, but we were still losing people to this and that. We ended up with a half-and-half team of workers and non-workers. Finally, after having been the substitute teacher for over six months, Nathan came back. He had a bunch of great ideas about accountability, recruiting, and so on. The group was finally back in (someone else's) good hands. I took a long overdue break from raiding. He lasted three weeks before stepping down. The group was done. My wife and I hadn't seriously raided since. That was about a month ago.

I swore off raid leading back in classic. After a left a guild that was top 5 on the server, I joined up with some old friends. Guild leader wasn't the best at being selective of who came into the guild and several other issues. My job was to lead raids, I didn't even really want to deal with loot. We took what we had online at the time, and it was often all kinds of fights dealing with people who thought we shouldn't have scheduled times, people complaining about never getting an invite but when they were online and we were raiding were somehow not able to raid yet coming on the next day and going on about how we don't take them.

when I left the guild and swore off the raid leading many of them actually thanked me for showing them what could be done. I was by no means a task master but did put it on the line when our paladins decided not to cleanse on Baron Geddon. I said one more try, and you will cleanse it off or we will die. If it was up to me you wouldn't have to, but I'm not the one who designed the encounter. We cleared him the very next try. But when I joined up with them they were clearing the bat boss in ZG and cheesing Raptor and it was taking them close to two hours to do just that. A month before BC came out without me in the raid in a single night they did a full clear of ZG. That was why many were appreciative of what I did, the others were all kinds of happy I left though.

All my raid leaders after have appreciated me, of course the one before would have also if he wasn't the way he was. (we all swore moar dots was from one of our actual raids). I know the fun times of doing research for peoples classes, and all. Had a hunter I had to convince that FD would mean he would do more damage in the long run, man that was a chore.

My favorite quote during that time though, your hunter has more HP then some of our tanks. Which was why I did most of the raiding on my lock who still didn't need a whole heck of a lot from MC, but my hunter was Naxx ready full geared in AQ40 gear.

So my wife jumped into a night of Heroic Spine attempts with a friend of our and his guild (one of the better raiding guilds on the server). They didn't get it down on heroic (the instance crashed, they got the "Instance can't be found." message for a while, and when it came back up, the 15% buff was gone ), but her performance DID prompt guild invites from everyone but the healers.

I got into the Pandaria beta, so I'm checking that out a little. My account has been active throughout Cataclysm, but I've hardly played it. I was extremely excited for it, and then the first week of raiding made me quit. I realized that after spending half a year attempting Heroic Lich King 25 man over and over that I just can't bring myself to do the same thing every single week AGAIN for hours and hours. I've gotten to the point where I basically want to do each dungeon/raid/encounter once, and then I feel like I'm done.

I got a Pandaran made last night.

I think a lot of people who came in during Cataclysm did the same thing most players did, got burned out. The game is mostly the same but an individual only has so much in them to play a game like this. Cataclysm didn't have as much in and out as the previous two versions of the game so people were really burned out.

I have also heard, and based on a few conversations I have had believe it, more casual guilds make more attempts on a boss then world leading guilds. And really calling those guilds hardcore isn't really all that accurate, typically they get the raid down in a week or two (baring any gating) farm it for a few weeks or just log in for raid then play something else. In the end they probably spend less time playing the game then your average player. The skill level difference and their ability to coordinate and problem solve is the difference.

They write the mods while learning the encounters if that puts it into perspective, they also didn't get the humour in moar dots because they had never experienced anything like that.

I think I realized the real problem with dungeons now. I don't mind farming them for actual gear, and while I like the concept behind justice points I also think it makes dungeons much less fun. When you are beyond really needing them and you are just farming them for some points that you can only get so many of a week to buy gear.

I probably over did it in Wrath and didn't really do it at all in Cata, I still haven't done the latest dungeons that were added and could use some gear from the Trolls. But I just couldn't build myself up to doing the past due farming of points.
    Last edited by wyldman11; April 21, 2012 at 10:32pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I got into the Pandaria beta, so I'm checking that out a little. My account has been active throughout Cataclysm, but I've hardly played it. I was extremely excited for it, and then the first week of raiding made me quit. I realized that after spending half a year attempting Heroic Lich King 25 man over and over that I just can't bring myself to do the same thing every single week AGAIN for hours and hours. I've gotten to the point where I basically want to do each dungeon/raid/encounter once, and then I feel like I'm done.
    Well depend on the gear you have. I play different MMO (Rift) I just going for a lesser dungeon just to grind up for Tier 2 dungeon requirement. Rolling with PUG aren't the best way since they don't know your tactic and style. I bet it's going to be easy if all raid members have a good strategy without wipe out.