View Poll Results: How old should He-Man be in a new movie?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Late teens

11 8.09%
  • Twenties

74 54.41%
  • Thirties / older

51 37.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How old should He-Man be in a new movie?

I like the idea of him being in his thirties or older.
    More seasoned.
    A sense that he's been battling for a long time.

That said, I wouldn't mind flashbacks, or memories of when he was younger, when he first got the sword, etc.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

i went for 30s too
    Eternian Beastmaster

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Make Adam in the first movie about 20.
    And I'd say He-Man is permanently about 30, regardless of how old Adam is.

Heroic Warrior
    Easy way to fix it : keep He-Man as a barbarian.

Seriously, I like the idea of He-Man being a certain age regardless of Adam's age. Also, while being Adam allows him to be more immature, once he changes to He-Man, he know there's no place for that immaturity.

Heroic Warrior
    he-man should be an experienced warrior, a leader...in the 20's range he would be too young....
    Adam is another thing and for him being in the 20 would be ok...but again I would prefer without Adam

Snappy Threader
    I say twenties!

i say 20s. we want an actor who can complete the franchise without tiring out. as far as the whole "experienced leader" thing. isn't that part of what the power of grayskull brings? the wisdom?
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    20 years old is suffice.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I would say late 20's, as old as Schwarzenegger or Jay Cutler, when they won their first Olympia.

This also makes She-Ra the same age, and just old enough to be head strong.

It would make Randor,, about as old as Schwarzenegger is now.

Adam can be in his late teens, early 20s but He-Man would have to look over 30.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Adam and Adora should be able to look similar enough that if Adora is actually taller than Adam you believe they are twins, and then He-Man can turn out taller/bigger than She-Ra (who in my opinion is not really going through any physical change from Adora) and the audience will buy the differences between them.

I have a pretty specific idea of how I would set up Adam, He-Man and the differences between them, although I doubt that anyone in a position of authority would share my views on the subject. This post is strictly about the differences in physicality.

Adam and He-Man should be the same age. I'd say about twenty years old. They ought to be about the same height, and they should also have the same facial structure, right down to the bones. Those are the similarities.

He-Man's body is tan and muscular from spending so much time fighting, training and adventuring. His body is covered in small scars, mementos of just some of his many fights. I suspect he has a small one on his cheek or something where Adam doesn't, adding to the differences. Before a fight, He-Man's eyes are cold steel and his muscles tense like a coiled spring ready to attack, and in combat his flying fists of fury and slashing clashing wonder-blades illustrate to anyone who might witness that he and Adam could never possibly be the same person.

Prince Adam's body is pale and sleight. If He-Man is built like a heavyweight champ, Adam is built like a runner. He's thin, and probably isn't going to knock out anyone with his fists. His whole life has been spent in the capital, well away from violence, so his body has maybe one or two scars, like the kind you get from a surgery. He has a different, shorter and probably neater hair-cut than He-Man. In a fight, Adam knows he doesn't have the advantage, but since he's got a sleight build he's good at running, and relatively acrobatic as part of his exercise regimen so he can parkour his way out of a dangerous situation and hopefully, get someone else there to fight in his stead, probably He-Man.

In other words, our hero seems to be two entirely different people to the entire world. Excepting of course people who already know the secret.

But both He-Man and Adam should look about twenty.