Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 200x Comic Collection Photos - Post yours here

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar

200x Comic Collection Photos - Post yours here

Been reminiscing about the 200x comics, I loved them. Actually it's the only comic collection I have ever had and I still enjoy reading them and looking at the amazing art. So depressing how it ended, I would have loved to see it go on OR at least the MOTU Encyclopedia get released in it's entirety.

I don't actually display mine, I keep them in a stack on my desk, but since there were many different cover versions and some folks have signed copies and such I thought it might be fun to start a collection thread for the 200x comics. How do you display yours?
    Last edited by PaTrIcKfOgArTy; July 27, 2008 at 10:23am.

Just have a look in my collection, I have all 200x comics+signed Versions+uncut Comics.
    http://www.planeteternia.de/cgi-bin/...ID=2273;View=2
    Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to Skeletor. Honoured TASC Member Darth Neckbreaker, Evil Lord of Smilies

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Piosol - Wow! Your Collection Is Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by PADDY04401 View Post
    Piosol - Wow! Your Collection Is Amazing!
    Thanks, I still have to add some new pics of new uncut cover Versions etc.
    Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to Skeletor. Honoured TASC Member Darth Neckbreaker, Evil Lord of Smilies

So, where the Icons of Evil books any good? I've been thinking about buying the trade paperback for a while now but was undecided if it was worth it. Do they have any info on Hordak anywhere in there?

So, just when I think I have all the comics, varient covers, etc. I look online and I find that I'm missing a few (four to be exact). The Jimmy Jay Company preview covers....The Artist Proof Edition with 10 released copies...the Standard Edition with 25 released copies. Also, Museum Editions of Volume 1 Issue 1 (Artist Proof Edition with 10 released copies and the Standard Edition with 50 released copeis). Dang Nabbit. I also don't have the hard covers.....but maybe someday....lol. Well, here is my "almost" completed collection. If I am missing anything else please let me know. Enjoy.

Pic 1--Volume 1, Previews, Exclusives

Pic 2--Volume 2, Rise of the SnakeMen, Icons of Evil

Pic 3--Volume 3
    Last edited by Cilman; December 5, 2008 at 10:59am.
    Don't hesitate in dealing with Cilman Thread

You guys are just reminding me how behind I really am. Truth be told, I've never even heard of the Jimmy Jay company preview covers or any artist proof editions. I was aware of the museum editions but none of the others. Wow, do I have catching up to do. I've not seen pictures of any of these rarer comics, are they posted somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by cilman View Post
    So, just when I think I have all the comics, varient covers, etc. I look online and I find that I'm missing a few (four to be exact). The Jimmy Jay Company preview covers....The Artist Proof Edition with 10 released copies...the Standard Edition with 25 released copies. Also, Museum Editions of Volume 1 Issue 1 (Artist Proof Edition with 10 released copies and the Standard Edition with 50 released copeis). Dang Nabbit. I also don't have the hard covers.....but maybe someday....lol. Well, here is my "almost" completed collection. If I am missing anything else please let me know. Enjoy.

I had about the same reaction as you did when I found out I was missing 3 very limited cover variants for my Buffy season 8 collection. I even created slots on the wall for them to help motivate me (but the fact that the black and white cover for the first issue being no less than 250 bucks really helps to de-motivate me) but back to your MotU collection... seriously I'm so jealous of yours it makes me sick! but in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by supes78 View Post
    So, where the Icons of Evil books any good? I've been thinking about buying the trade paperback for a while now but was undecided if it was worth it. Do they have any info on Hordak anywhere in there?
    I got the Beast Man one. I never got back to the comic shop to get any of the others. The Beast Man book was good, but I remember it being a little short and thus not as grand or epic as I'd hoped it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    You guys are just reminding me how behind I really am. Truth be told, I've never even heard of the Jimmy Jay company preview covers or any artist proof editions. I was aware of the museum editions but none of the others. Wow, do I have catching up to do. I've not seen pictures of any of these rarer comics, are they posted somewhere?
    Here's the Jimmy Jay Company preview cover

http://www.mvcreations.com/images/se..._ES_CVRMUS.jpg

I still haven't seen a pic of the Museum Editions of Volume 1 Issue 1. If someone has one....please post.

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    seriously I'm so jealous of yours it makes me sick! but in a good way.
    Thank You....Thank You. Feel free to come over to my house anytime and drool over them from a few feet away . Hey, did you get issues 7 and 8 yet? Did you enjoy them?
    Last edited by Cilman; August 1, 2008 at 09:11am.

Thank You....Thank You. Feel free to come over to my house anytime and drool over them from a few feet away . Hey, did you get issues 7 and 8 yet? Did you enjoy them?

I actually ordered them a few days ago. I was waiting to find more than 2 issues I wanted that way the [ackage will be so big my mail man will have no choice but to deliver it to my door instead of trying to squish it all in my little box that's barely big enough to fit an envelope in. I can't wait to get them.

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    Ahh, this brings back memories!

--Leanne

I wish there were a trade paper-back of ALL of them (I know there were of the first two volumes - I think), but it would be so nice to be able to read them all, cover-to-cover, in one giant trade!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

GR81 says:

I wish they would of made a tradepaper back of the last set
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Masters Chronicles Host! Vinto-Man's Avatar
    i didnt know there were 2 issues of the encylopedia thing. i only have the first one. take it the 2nd issue is a nightmare to get hold of?
    Masters of the Universe Chronicles Podcast!

To listen to any show click here

To join the facebook page click here

To subscribe via Itunes click here

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinto-Man View Post
    i didnt know there were 2 issues of the encylopedia thing. i only have the first one. take it the 2nd issue is a nightmare to get hold of?
    I don't think there was actually a second issue. Instead, there was an issue of the comic (I forget which issue offhand) that had an alternate cover version that had a fold out cover that made up the entire image that the encyclopedia books would have made if it had made it through to completion.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vinto-Man View Post
    Vinto-Man is right, the gatefold cover your seeing is actually a special cover to issue 1 of volume 3. Graham Crackers comics sells it.

Found a pic of the cover of the Museum edition of Volume 1

http://milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/ba...%20MUSEUM%20ED

Found a pic of the cover of the Museum edition of Volume 1

http://milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/ba...%20MUSEUM%20ED
    Awesome! Thanks cilman. I have to say though $400 for the issue is a bit pricey but it is limited I guess. I'm hoping to collect as many of these rare ones as I can one day.

Update

Well, I finally have both the hard covers. Here are the pics of the trade paperback, the paperback, and the hardcover of Volume 1. With it are the paperback and hardcover of volume 2. Also, the Icons of Evil paperback. Of course I have to ad the Episode 40 comic and I also found a 5 page preview of Volume 1 in SuperPatriot #4. So, NOW all I need are those super special Jimmy Jay previews and Museum editions.....jerks....

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Very nice collection.

Impressive collection!
    Accept the unacceptable.

The Museum Editions are ultra rare,
    but I have seen them come up a few times on eBay.
    And when they do, they don't sell for all that much.

If you can, I suggest trying to ride that out as long as you can.
    It may take a couple years, but there will also be someone eventually selling a collection that has an item in it that you want.

If not, you could always try chewing the price down from someone who is selling it.
    They might entertain an offer, especially if they've been sitting on it for a while.

Wow, I am jealous of all of your collections... I found a comic book store here in Columbus that has most of the 200x comics in stock and look to pick up most of them the next time I go up there. Perhaps than I can actually add something (on topic) to this thread...