View Poll Results: How do you rate the vintage Dragstor figure? (with 10 being the best)

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 point

3 25.00%
  • 2 points

0 0%
  • 3 points

0 0%
  • 4 points

0 0%
  • 5 points

0 0%
  • 6 points

2 16.67%
  • 7 points

4 33.33%
  • 8 points

2 16.67%
  • 9 points

0 0%
  • 10 points

1 8.33%

Thread: Dragstor vintage figure review thread

Hybrid View

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Dragstor vintage figure review thread

This week's vintage figure review thread is on a Horde character, that smokin' wheeled menace, DRAGSTOR.

Dragstor was released with the fifth wave of figures. His feature was that he had a wheel on his chest; When you laid him on the floor, you could pull his rip-cord and send him racing off.

The figure came with a standard Horde crossbow, in exactly the same grey colour as Mantennas.

The character was said to have been one of a series of terrible cybernetic experiments that Hordak had conducted on helpless victims. Snout Spout and Extendar emerged as Heroic character, but Dragstor turned out Evil.

I didn't have a Dragstor as a kid. I think he was too far away from the Swords & Sworcery roots for him to really appeal to me.

But when I started re-collecting the line seriously, he was one of the very first characters that I got, in with a small lot I'd won on e-bay (although I didn't get his elusive rip-cord until later on).

Since getting him in my collection, I've come to re-evaluate him. Although still a long way from the line's roots, he is a good figure on face value.

We never got a glimpse of an animated Dragstor, as both Filmation series were out of production by the time the figure was released.

...Nor did we get a 200x version, either in figure or cartoon form. It would be great to see what kind of make-over a staction would give him, but given the current uncertain future of the stactions, maybe we shouldn't hold our breathes (well, other than to not breath in Dragstor's evil fumes!)

All-in-all, although as I say he's too far away from the line's roots to be a particular favourite, as a stand-alone toy I like Dragstor enough to give him a reasonable 8 out of 10.

Now I'd really like to hear your own thoughts and comments on the figure.
    And whether you post or not, don't forget to rate the figure in the poll!!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I also gave him an 8/10. He's a nice looking figure with a good action feature. I liked his mini comic too, always felt sorry for the poor civillian pre-Dragstor.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horrorist View Post
    I also gave him an 8/10. He's a nice looking figure with a good action feature. I liked his mini comic too, always felt sorry for the poor civillian pre-Dragstor.
    Yeah, it was actually quite dark, thinking about ol' Hordak carrying out all those terrible experiments and leaving those poor peasents all mutated and mechanical.
    Even if the Filmation cartoon series had still been going, you can be pretty certain that they would never have touched that!!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...