Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Legacy 1.8 - The Horde, Part Five

New Legacy 1.8 - The Horde, Part Five

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: NEW LEGACY

Episode Eight: The Horde, Part Five: War

Written by thew40
    Art by Mike Bock

Previously . . .

Hordak and his Horde have returned to Eternia! Launching a campagin against Eternia, they attacked the Mystic Mountains and Subternia. However, as the Horde met mixed victories and losses, He-Man and the royal family had their greatest victory - the return of their long-lost daughter, Adora!

However, Adora was forced to return to the Horde and proceeded to give him a strategy that Eternos would be easily prepared for.

-------------

Mike Bock and Thew40 present . . .

Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Episode 1-8
    "The Horde – Part Five: War"

Act One: The Coming Battle

Hordak walked along the corridor, red eyes locked onto the doors before him. They opened and allowed him entrance into the massive planning room. Shadow Weaver, Modulock, Force Captain Adora, and Mantenna stood around the huge table in the center of the chamber.

“The plan is ready, master,” Adora reported, forgetting to call Hordak by the name he had asked her to the day before. “Ahem . . . father.”

Hordak snorted. “Then we will enact it. Force Captain, prepare the Horde Troopers for combat. Modulock, signal our units in the Mystic Mountains and Subternia and have them meet us en route.”

As everyone departed, Mantenna stepped over to his master. “Lord Hordak, I am concerned. This plan calls for a lot of resources and our approach to Eternos is . . . ill-advised.”

“I trust Adora, Mantenna. If you do not, then you should perish.”

Mantenna gulped. “My apologies, my liege.”

Hordak snorted again, then walked off.

Man-At-Arms walked up and down the line of Masters and Snake-Hunters, each one geared up for battle. King Randor stood on the other side of the room, arms crossed, eyeing them carefully. Ever since Adora had left, he had been on edge, the thought of what his daughter was doing haunting his every step.

“You’ve all been briefed of the plan and our defensive situation,” Man-At-Arms summed. “In ten hours, the Horde will be at our doorstep. I want you all to rest and relax for the next couple of hours and then report in and take your positions at 1900 hours. Dismissed.”

The Masters and Snake-Hunters dispersed, each one going their separate ways. As they left, Teela entered and approached her father and the king.

“I addressed the Royal Soldiers. They’ll be ready,” she reported.

“Excellent,” Randor replied.

“If I may ask, where is Prince Adam?”

“He’s at a secure location,” King Randor answered. “Despite our advantages, it would be best if he were to stay where he will be safe. For the sake of the kingdom.”

“Understood,” Teela said. “Thank you.” She didn’t have the chance to talk to her boyfriend before she had to brief the soldiers. With him spending all that time with Adora, she had kept her distance. She hoped now, as the army of the Horde gathered on the horizon, that she would live to see him again.

Man-E-Faces, Ram-Man, Mekaneck, and Fisto walked along the streets of Eternos, watching as citizens packed up their things and made for the assigned evacuation shuttles – just as they had when Serpos attacked.

One place was still open, however, and that was the pub.

“What’ll it be, boys?” asked the barkeep.

“Round a’ drinks,” Ram-Man said.

“Anybody hungry?” questioned Man-E-Faces.

“Who’s hungry at a time like this?” wondered Mekaneck.

“Eat, drink, and be merry, kiddo,” Fisto laughed. “For tomorrow – or tonight, I guess – we die!”

“That makes me feel good, thanks Fisto,” Mekaneck responded.

The four of them had a seat at the bar, the barkeeper quickly filling up mugs of ale for them.

“You guys always drink before battle?” came the voice of Clamp Champ from the door.

The group looked back and watched as Kittrina, Rio-Blast, and Lizard-Man all walked in, lead by Clamp Champ.

“Not always. But it’s a tradition we’re looking to start,” Man-E-Faces stated. “Have a seat.”

The Snake-Hunters did so, joining the Masters. An awkward silence followed, making everyone feel suddenly very uncomfortable. Despite fighting alongside each other, both teams had virtually no down time together. Until now.

It was Ram-Man that spoke first. “Listen, you guys . . . I’m sorry about what I said the other day. About you bein’ the B-Team and all. I’ve seen you in action. You’ve done really well.”

Lizard-Man smiled broadly. “Some better than others,” he scoffed.

“Shut up, dirt dweller,” fired Kittrina playfully. “We’re all tryin’ to be friendly here.”

“I think we’ve both earned each others respect,” Clamp Champ agreed.

Ram-Man burped. “And another round of drinks!”

Sy-Clone stood upon the massive wall, watching as the soldiers below took their positions. Roboto walked up next to him.

“What is it you are doing, friend Sy-Clone?”

“Listening to the whispers on the wind,” Sy-Clone replied, closing his eyes and soaking in a breath. “There is chaos heading our way.”

“You can say that again,” Moss Man then stated, joining the pair. “I’ve been talking to the plants. They’ve been telling me about he great darkness that is heading our way.”

“Great darkness?” wondered Roboto.

Moss Man nodded. “Plants and forests have ancient memories, Roboto. Tales are told and handed down from generation to generation, from wise old trees that touch the sky . . . to saplings, just sprung from the seeds. They know that it was Hordak that blackened half the world. They know what it did to the plant life.”

“What did it do?” Roboto asked.

“Tore them in half. Splintered them,” Moss Man responded sadly. He fell silent, eyes on the wide valley that sat before them.

“The history and memories of my people are gone, merely dust in the wind,” Sy-Clone then said. “Our books have gone brittle. Our tablets have been smashed. But we understand the nature of good and evil. Despite the great dilution the lines of Anwat Gar have gone through, I still uphold the traditions that I was taught.”

“What traditions were those?” Moss Man asked.

“I was a guardian for good against evil for many, many long years. I will see to it that that is continued until I too am nothing more than dust in the wind.”

Hours pass. Sunset comes and goes. As night overtakes Eternos, so does the Horde army. Hordak himself was leading the charge, flags and banners high in the air. Grizzlor and Leech’s units from the Mystic Mountains and Subternia joined with them and they rode onward to Eternos, the great city of Man.

“Mantenna doubts your strategy, Adora,” Hordak said to her as they came ever closer to Eternos.

“I figured he would. He finds fault in everything,” she replied, sternly as possible. It was an emotion she had maintained for many, many years. But now, after what she had experienced, it was hard to keep up.

“I found faults in it as well, dear Adora,” Hordak then said.

Adora’s face turned red. “You-you did?”

“Yes. You’ve committed too many forces. Not to mention that our approach to Eternos will be uphill, giving them the high ground.”

“I couldn’t help that, sir – er – father. Eternos is located on the high ground, at the edge of a cliff.”

“Yes, I understand that,” he responded, his tone dark and grim. But much to her surprise, he started to smile. “I did not question your plan, however, because I see exactly what you want out of this battle. Our approach, the amount of forces . . . my dear Adora, you want this to be a very violent, very bloody battle.”

“I . . .”

“You want the parents who abandoned you, then lied to you and had you kidnapped, to see their kingdom burned and bloodied. It is quite brilliant.”

Adora nodded, shutting her eyes hard, trying to with all her might to hide the guilt that was threatening to break through. She was betraying this man that had raised her . . . but had also lied to her. How many people were going to die tonight because of all this? Because of her?

He smiled. “This battle is all for you, my dear daughter.”

“They’re coming,” reported Mekaneck.

Man-At-Arms nodded. Below, above the valley, right at the front defensive wall of Eternos, sat an army that the Horde would hopefully crash against and break apart.

“Are you ready, father?” asked Teela, standing next to him.

“As I’ll ever be,” he responded. “How about you?”

She smirked. “Y’know, when I trying out for the position of Captain, I did it because it was the next step up. I knew I’d be in battle and I knew that I’d have to protect the kingdom. But I never thought it would be of the scale and scope that it is today.”

Man-At-Arms squeezed her shoulder. “I never wanted you to see days this dark. I had hoped that the Great Unrest had been the end of it. I should have known better. But you need to remain hopeful and strong. I can not think of anyone better to be the Captain of the Royal Guard than you.”

Teela smiled at the man she had called father and then turned to He-Man as he walked over. “We’re all in place, Duncan.”

“Good.”

He-Man then turned to the Masters and Snake-Hunters, who were getting ready for battle.

“Listen up,” he said to them. “You’ve all studied our enemies. You’ve faced them at least once before in battle. You’ve been briefed on strategy. You’ve been briefed on attack methods. And now, as one, together, we shall stand against the Horde. We have faced life and death together and have saved this world a number of times. Each time, we have been victorious. Today will be no different. Stand as one, because only together can the Horde evil and Hordak vile army be undone. Today, as we embrace war, I would like to tell you that there is no one else I would rather have standing with me than all of you.” He-Man then threw his fist into the air. “FOR ETERNIA!”

The Masters and the Snake-Hunters did the same. “FOR ETERNIA!”

------------------

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

Great start for this chapter!

I agree. Awesome work all around. Very dramatic and Hordak looks down-right scary.
    QUIS NOS OPEROR VITA REFERO INFINITIO: WHAT WE DO IN LIFE ECHOS IN ETERNITY

absolutely amazing!
    God's in his heaven - all's right with the world

nice..very nice indeed. hordak looks like he could gnaw off a couple of limbs and have no regrets later on...even if he did get indigestion. nice colors and story!
    I'm also on DeviantArt
    My buddies and I review stuff 3 Points of Articulation
    3 Points official site 3PA
    Personal Gallery The Art of Mista Jonz

Hordak is very well drawn. he really looks like his face is leathery and slightly slimy. I like it.

Heroic Warrior
    great installment

Heroic Warrior Hordaks Henchman's Avatar
    great stuff.

bye the way: does anyone knows why that "buy-the-sorceress-repaint-staction" do not work?

i have no credit card and i need that staction

FANTASTIC!

NEW LEGACY continues to be Excellent!!!
    Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

I can't wait to see act 2!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

There will be a slight delay in Act Two, just so you know, but it shouldn't be too much longer.

~W~
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

Heroic Warrior Hordaks Henchman's Avatar
    yieeeehhaaaaaaaaa. the next part is here

The second act should be here soon . . . hopefully.

~W~

Heroic Warrior
    Any news on a update?

Very Cool.

We should hopefully have an up-date this weekend.

Problems have plaqued this poor story.

~W~

Editor's Note:
    Unfortunately some technical problems have arisen with this episode. There is more art for this Act, but there were some troubles with getting it to me. Just keep your eyes on this act for the art to make its appearance. 'Till then, enjoy the pic ya got.

Now, on the with the show (finally)!

Art Two - The Battle

There was no pause before the battle. No offer of surrender. No build-up. The Horde Troopers entered into the valley and made for up the hill and collided with Royal Soldiers. Explosions thundered and roared as heavy weapons were fired.

Despite having the high ground, the sheer numbers of the Horde Troopers was the source of great trouble for the Royal Soldiers. Some armed with lasers, others armed with sword, the robots of the Horde’s army came marching forward, bringing violence to Eternos. Bringing death to Eternos.

The Masters and the Snake-Hunters held back, ready for their moment to strike to arrive. King Randor stood next to Man-At-Arms, the two of them staring out at the battle unfolding below.

“When do you want to show them our little surprise?” asked Man-At-Arms, powering up his weapon.

“Not yet. Let them get a little deeper into the valley,” Randor replied.

“Shouldn’t you be inside?”

“No. Not yet, at least.”

On the other side of the battlefield, Hordak and Adora stood together, watching as the battle was waged. It was as Hordak predicted, a vicious fight on both sides. Royal Soldiers were cut down just as Horde Troopers were destroyed.

“Release the heavy assault vehicles.”

Tanks began to roll into the valley, monstrous and huge. Weapons fired echoed out in the night air, explosions striking the Battle Tanks and Dragon Walkers.

Randor gripped the railing before him as Royal Soldiers were thrown into the air by the force of the massive tanks rolling forward. Eyes wide, the king of Eternos decided it was time to release their secret weapon.

“Duncan,” Randor muttered.

“Yes, sire?”

“Unleash the fury of Eternia.”

Nodding, Man-At-Arms pressed a button on his wrist. The signal went out.

“LORD HORDAK!” shouted Mantenna at Hordak’s side a moment later. His large bug eyes were staring at a small computer pad in his hands. “Something is happening!”

Hordak snorted. “What are you saying?”

Nothing more needed to be said. In a matter of seconds, the night sky was filled, the stars and moon blocked by scores of flying figures. Avions came pouring from the sky, lead by Hawk, weapons armed.

“Launch your weapons!” shouted Hawk, rockets firing from her jetpack. Explosions seared across the Horde lines.

But they weren’t alone in their assault from the air. Andreenids came flowing down side-by-side with their bird-men allies.

“Strike quickly and with honor!” roared General Stingrad, his axe moving swiftly through a pair of Horde Troopers.

Hordak snorted loudly once again. “A minor set-back, but not unmanageable.”

Before Hordak could say another word, unfortunately, the ground began to shake and rumble. To the left flank, a massive fissure opened up. Out from the mouth of the fissure came the flying forms of the Speleans, commanded by Lord Dactys.

The battle was joined. These warriors of Eternia fought for survival . . . for freedom. They fought with ferocity unlike any other, destroying Horde Troopers left and right as they marched on and on.

“The Masters appear to be breaking through the lines, aided by the others now,” Adora reported, staring through a pair of binoculars. What she didn’t say was that there a green and red blur heading towards their direction.

“Sent forth the Horde Elite then, and break them.”

Dragstor led the way, followed by Extendar, Shadow Weaver, Manteena, Grizzlor, Leech, Modulock, and Multi-Bot. The team of Horde mercenaries punched through the Eternian lines, making their way to the Masters and the Snake-Hunters, who were gathering their forces to prepare against the on-going onslaught.

“Here they come,” stated Man-At-Arms, readying his laser cannon. “BATTLE POSITIONS!”

Man-At-Arms took the first shot. Grizzlor went reeling back, the blast striking hard against his furry hide. Leech jumped over, by Sy-Clone leapt in, air shooting forth from his hands, striking the large, green Hordesmen.

Manteena was on them now, eyes glowing, ready to release an optic blast. Clamp Champ jumped in his way, his clamp wrapping around and holding the fiend.

Leech came towards them again. Ram-Man slammed into him, sending Leech in the valley wall.

Dragstor came shooting over, a blur of motion. Buzz-Off fired a number of spears at the speedster, with four of them connecting with the engine on his back. It busted through the case, but it wasn’t even to stop him – as planned.

A jet of water sprayed against Snout Spout, short-circuiting his engine. His speed dropped, his body weakened. Stratos flew over, grabbed his arm and tossed him into Grizzlor.

Multi-Bot leapt into the fray, arms and legs striking hard against the Masters, weapons out and primed. Plants, however, suddenly leapt from the ground and wrapped around him, grabbing hold of his arms and legs. He struggled against them and continued to shoot at the various Masters who battled with either Hordesmen or Troopers.

Roboto, Man-E-Faces (in Robot-E-Faces mode), and Rio-Blast moved over, lasers blasting at specified targets on Multi-Bot. The arms were smashed, the legs were decimated, the weapons systems fried – all thanks to the volley of laser fire from the trio.

Extendar’s fists went straight towards Mekaneck. Mekaneck avoided them, and Fisto came rushing over, his fist smashed Extendar’s left and right hands. Man-At-Arms joined him, blasting at Extendar as his brother pounded at Extendar’s body.

Grizzlor let out a mighty roar and pounded forward. Kittrina leapt forward and scratched him in face, then flipped backwards, crouching low the ground.

“Come and get me, big boy,” she purred, smiling seductively.

Grizzlor snarled, took one step forward, and then was smacked by Lizard-Man’s tail. Finally, three clamps from Clamp Champ ensnared him.

“The Horde Elite has been bested,” Man-At-Arms spoke into the comm-line to King Randor.

However, his words were proven quite wrong as Shadow Weaver arrived. Her arms spread out and power came firing out in the form of lightning strikes, each one hitting the Masters and the Snake-Hunters. They crumbled beneath the might of her dark power.

Hordak then walked over and joined her.

“Eternia falls with its protectors this day.”

------------

~W~

Very cool!

It's amazing!
    My book "Musings from the Lips of a Dark Rose " is out : http://www.amazon.com/Musings-Lips-D...&redirect=true
    YAYAYAYAY!!!!
    I'm in heaven!!!

Hope you can solve the problems soon.

Can't wait for the next part of the story.
    God's in his heaven - all's right with the world

A big fan of Slush Head
    It's all my fault, I am sorry but the pics will show up soon.

Another fantastic Chapter & great artwork.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Act Three: Face-Off!

As the Masters of the Universe were being held down by a stream of energy trailing from Shadow Weaver’s hands, neither she nor Hordak noticed as a figure appeared in the sky and came soaring towards them.

Zodak. The Cosmic Enforcer.

A beam of energy flew from his hand, striking Shadow Weaver. The Horde witch stumbled back, her energy stream broken. The Masters of the Universe stood up, preparing themselves for continued battle.

“Your days are done, Hordak,” Zodak snarled.

Hordak stepped back. “Adora, prepare to send the reserve forces into . . . Adora?” He turned to where he thought she was, but found that she was not by his side. His red eyes then caught a glimpse of movement along the far left flanks of the battle. The tiger steed of He-Man with Adora riding on top. Heading towards Eternos.

“No . . .” he muttered and looked around. The Horde Troopers were being massacred. The Masters were in movement once more, tearing through his forces. It was a trap. The whole time, the kingdom of Eternos knew about this attack and this strategy. And Adora had led them right into it . . .

“No,” he repeated, now realizing full on the betrayal that had been brought against him. “NO!”

He roared onward, powers fuming from his hands as he sped towards the doors of Eternos. Adora and Battle-Cat had already entered. He would follow.

An explosion shook Doom Tower. As Hordak marched forth on the Light Hemisphere, a small attack came against his base. A second explosion followed and a griffin came swooping from the sky and into a breach in Doom Tower’s wall.

“What took you so long?” asked Skeletor as Beast-Man, Tri-Klops, and Two-Bad entered.

“There is a battle at Eternos. We were waiting until it began,” Tri-Klops responded, shattering the chains that bound Skeletor.

Skeletor’s hand flexed and summoned over his Chaos Staff. “Who’s idea was this?” he asked.

“Mine,” Tri-Klops responded.

“You’ve made up for your defection last year, then,” Skeletor replied, referring to when Tri-Klops created the small skeleton warriors and ‘took the initiative’ to attack Eternos himself.

“Thank you,” Tri-Klops said, blasting away some in-coming Horde Troopers.

In a matter of minutes, Skeletor and his minions were flying towards Snake Mountain. Hordak shall know my vengeance, Skeletor thought madly.

The doors to Eternos shattered. Breached and broken, Hordak walked in. He could hear commands from soldiers already: take him down, secure the door, protect the royal family, and so on. Energy beams fired against Hordak, but they did nothing to him. He stroke forth, determination of steel, forged in the flames of betrayal. Betrayal so bitter.

First Keldor, he thought as he walked towards the doors to the Palace, and now Adora.

He killed four soldiers that blocked his path. With the gesture of his hand, the doors to the Palace shattered. His power was absolute. He took one step into the large foyer of the Palace – and was slammed across the room and into the wall.

“Not one more step, Hordak,” He-Man grunted, Sword of Power in one hand, shield in the other. “It’s over. The war is over, your invasion is over, and your control over Princess Adora is over.”

Hordak didn’t reply. Power poured from his hands, slamming against He-Man’s shield.

“We have faced each other twice now, He-Man,” Hordak sneered. “The first time, you fled. The second time, you lost. This last time, I kill you.”

“You will not take another life,” He-Man thundered, running towards his opponent. “Not mine, not anyone!”

Hordak, filled with rage, slammed his fist against He-Man’s shield. It shattered completely, pieces being sent all over the floor of the chamber. He-Man swept in for a punch, but Hordak blocked it and kicked He-Man in the stomach. It did nothing, thanks to the armor.

He-Man fist met Hordak’s face, then elbowed him the chest, followed by a kick to the knee. Hordak did his best to shrug this off and blasted He-Man point blank in the chest with a powerful bolt. He-Man’s armor gave a little and the hero of Eternia stumbled back.

He-Man swung through with his Sword of Power, but it was blocked by Hordak’s staff. The staff materialized, blocked the swing of the Power Sword, and then slammed against He-Man’s ribs. The armor vibrated intensely with the impact.

“Where is Adora, He-Man?” questioned Hordak harshly.

He-Man didn’t answer. Hordak swung his staff against He-Man’s armor, a burst of incredible energy flaring up. The Sword of Power clattered to the ground. He-Man reached for it, but Hordak pushed it away telekinetically. Hordak then swept his foot up and it collided with He-Man’s face.

His staff vanished and Hordak laid both hands on He-Man’s chest. Waves of power pulsed outward, holding He-Man in place. The armor began to break apart, splintering off in sections as Hordak laid his assault into He-Man.

“Never . . .” He-Man grunted, agony sheering through his body.

“Fool,” Hordak snorted, increasing the amount of torture on He-Man. The top of the armor was gone, save the chest plate. Hordak released He-Man.

He-Man staggered back, but still stood. He lunged at Hordak, fists raised. Hordak swept to the side and slammed his fists into He-Man’s bare back. He then grabbed He-Man by the shoulders, sending red lightning strikes into He-Man’s body.

“WHERE IS SHE?!” he now screamed at He-Man.

He-Man didn’t answer. He pulled himself away from Hordak and swept in with a kick. It struck hard against Hordak’s armor.

“That is all you have to fight me with?” asked Hordak, almost sounding insulted. “King Grayskull had magic! You have toys and your fists! You are nothing in his wake! At least he had honor.”

He-Man rushed towards Hordak, fists clenched. Hordak shook his head and unleashed a bolt so powerful that it sent He-Man flying out of the room, smashing through the wall, and vanishing within.

With He-Man defeated, Hordak turned towards the doors out of the foyer. However, as soon as he did, nine arrows appeared in his chest armor. He looked up and saw Queen Marlena, standing at the doors, bow in her hands.

“You will not lay one hand on my daughter, you monster,” she said with a tone so grave that even Hordak was impressed.

“Out of my way, woman.” Hordak flicked his finger at the bow, hoping to cause it to catch aflame. Nothing happened. Odd, he thought as he dodged a barrage of arrows, the bow is enchanted then.

King Randor slid in front of him, sword out. He sent it forward, catching a portion of Hordak’s armor.

“Eternia has had enough of you.”

“Fall silent, old fool,” Hordak replied and blasted Randor back. He did the same to Marlena, her arrows becoming annoying. His telekinesis then lifted both King Randor and Queen Marlena into the air, holding them high above the floor, unable to move.

“For taking Adora, for taking the one I raised, I shall kill you.”

“YOU TOOK FROM US!” screamed Marlena as she struggled against the telekinetic hold.

“I gave her a better life,” Hordak countered. “And yours was wasted.”

Just as Hordak was about to crush them both with a telekinetic field . . .

“KEEP AWAY FROM MY PARENTS!”

. . . Adora stabbed him in the back.

Hordak felt the knife shove through the back of his armor and tear right into his back. Black blood spill from the wound. Both Randor and Marlena remained locked in the air as Hordak spun around and faced his new opponent.

“Traitor,” Hordak said. He reached out and grabbed Adora by the neck. His other hand pulled out the blood soaked knife and tossed it to the ground.

“You were wrong to keep this away from me,” Adora said. Hordak’s fingers closed hard around her neck.

He-Man awoke. Blue eyes wide, his body felt battered and beaten. He was exhausted. He felt a nudge to his left and looked over. Battle-Cat and Orko were next to him, the latter holding the Sword of Power.

“He’s going to kill the princess,” Orko yelped, pointing to the hole in the wall. He-Man could see Hordak holding up Adora, by the neck. Choking her . . . killing her . . . his sister, his long lost twin sister.

“He won’t,” He-Man stated surely and stood up despite his legs being so sore.

Orko handed him the Sword of Power. How? he wondered. How can I defeat him?

He thought of something Hordak had said. King Grayskull had used magic in addition to his strength to defeat Hordak. But He-Man had no magic . . .

You must use the power of Grayskull, He-Man, the Sorceress said to him telepathically. Zoar appeared at the window. The power and magic that King Grayskull used to defeat Hordak is ancient and ever lasting. It is the only way to stop him. It halted his vile magic before and it shall again.

“But I’m not King Grayskull,” He-Man said, taking the Sword of Power from Orko.

The same blood runs through your veins, He-Man. YOU MUST STOP HIM!

He-Man nodded, trying to fill himself with confidence. “Orko, when I get in there and take down Hordak, get to my parents and help them. Battle-Cat, protect Adora with your life.”

He-Man leapt onto Battle-Cat. Orko gulped and stood beside them.

“HORDAK!” shouted He-Man as the three of them re-entered the foyer. Hordak looked to He-Man, his fingers still wrapped around Adora’s neck.

“You still live?”

“As long as you threaten Eternia, I shall.”

“You are a speck to me. You pale in comparison to King Grayskull.”

“Maybe. Maybe not.” He-Man lifted the Sword of Power. “BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!” he shouted, voice echoing like thunder through the chamber. Power roared around him. “I HAVE THE POWER!”

He-Man’s armor was restored. The Sword of Power opened up as it had when he fought against Serpos and Skeletor. It unleashed a bolt of energy at Hordak.

For the first time since Hordak’s battle with King Grayskull did he feel such pain and power.

Hordak dropped Adora. Battle-Cat swept in as He-Man pressed on with a second bolt. The loyal tiger grabbed her and pulled her to other side of the chamber, Adora behind him. A third bolt struck Hordak, making him stumble.

His hold on Marlena and Randor vanished. They fell, but landed on seven mattresses thanks to Orko.

Hordak avoided the fourth and fifth bolts from He-Man and rushed forward. He punched He-Man, then kneed him. The Sword of Power closed back up. He-Man punched Hordak in the face, followed by Hordak slammed his fist into He-Man’s chest, energy accompanying the fist. He-Man snarled, spun and slammed Hordak across the head with intensity.

I have no choice, he realized then in that dark moment. I need stop him. He will never cease in spreading death and evil. I MUST STOP HIM!

The Sword of Power opened up once more, the green heart of Grayskull’s power roaring to life like a mighty flame. Hordak recovered form the powerful blow.

Hordak turned to face He-Man, hate and fury in his eyes.

He-Man slammed the opened Sword of Power into Hordak’s chest. The blades went straight through the armor, but the energy didn’t. He-Man held the sword into Hordak, waves of power billowing out from both men, streams of lightning bolting outward from the point of impact.

For a moment, it was only Hordak and He-Man, their wills struggling against each other in chaotic harmony. The power of Grayskull warring against the power of the Horde. There could by only one victor. An explosion of pure power erupted from the two of them.

Hordak pulled back, free from the blade and the energy.

The ruthless leader of the Horde collapsed onto the ground; blood gushing from his wounds, running along the bat symbol on his chest.

“This – this is not over,” Hordak grunted. His fingers pressed onto his wrist. A red light filled the room as Hordak was teleported away.

He-Man collapsed onto his knees.

Days later . . .

“The Horde has retreated to Doom Tower. No one has heard from Hordak since his defeat at Eternos.”

The Sorceress merely nodded at Man-At-Arms.

“The invasion, it seems, has stalled out,” Zodak said, who was standing by an open window. The three of them were in one of the towers at Castle Grayskull.

“For now, yes,” Man-At-Arms replied. “And with Skeletor still captured . . .”

“Skeletor was rescued during the battle at Eternos,” the Sorceress stated.

“Great,” Man-At-Arms said sarcastically. “What now then?”

The Sorceress stood up. “Despite the recalling of his forces, Hordak will strike back when he has fully recovered.”

Man-At-Arms removed his helmet and ran his fingers through his hair. “Not surprise there. To be honest, though, I’m not sure if we can handle another war. He-Man was only just able to stop Skeletor this time.”

The Sorceress lifted a crystal ball from a nearby pedestal. “Next time, Duncan, I don’t think He-Man will be alone.”

Zodak coughed a little.

“Oh,” Man-At-Arms said at first, not quite understanding. “Wait. What do you mean?”

The Sorceress smiled just a little. “Let us just say that Princess Adora has her own destiny to embrace.”

“What destiny is that?”

“Best to wait until the time comes,” Zodak stepped in. “Until then . . .”

The crystal ball sparked to life, showing Duncan and Zodak what the Sorceress had wanted to see.

The Sorceress smiled delightfully. “Until then . . . let the union of the royal family commence.”

Within the crystal ball, the three of them watched Randor, Marlena, Adam and Adora sat together – a family restored and reunited.

---------------------

~W~

NEXT EPISODE:
    The Snake-Men are back! In the wake of their defeat by the Horde, the Snake-Men rekindle old threats and awaken new enemies!

Skeletor1436

great ending

When are we going to get more ????? Nah good job though....

Fantastic. Another Great chapter. Great work guys.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!