Thread: The Great Rebellion

Totally Dyslexic

The Great Rebellion

Like everyone who watched the She-Ra Princess of Power FILMATION cartoon i loved the intro.

And one particular shot was the cast picture of the Great Rebellion standing on the rock.

But since they never updated the intro people always talk about the first few members as the core members and i think thatīs not true so i decided to update the shot myself:

I drew them in my own redesigns. And spaced them quite similar the way the were presented in their original line up.

Most obvious change is Angella she is flying instead of being hidden by Frosta. And yes, i put Peekablue on Spritina spot leaving her out. But the reason for that was, they forgot to put Kowl in that shot and so i decided to shy away from all the sidekicks. With Broom being the exemption since with out him Madame Razz would have never been able to be on the top of a mountain in the first place.

I really tried to pay homage to the source material but doing my own style.

What i really liked about the original shot was, they do not have any weapons. The shot is strong but has no sign of violence.
    Last edited by Niki; May 28, 2016 at 09:10am.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Nice work. I dig group shots.

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Nice work. I dig group shots.
    Thank you. Normally iīm to lazy to include all those details but this time it didnīt bothered me at all

Iīm glad you like it!
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    Cool redesigns. I especially like your take on Flutterina.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Love it! Great cast pic! :-)
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Hawke / Dakon / Delora
    Evil: Lodar
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Sebrian

Heroic Warrior
    That is a beautiful picture .

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by blksuperman2 View Post
    Cool redesigns. I especially like your take on Flutterina.
    Thank you, redesigned the whole POP cast for the last few years and some others as well but Flutterina in particular was fun.

I looked up real butterfly wings and with the help of that i redesigned their well known look but transferred them to look more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Love it! Great cast pic! :-)
    Thank you, it was a lot of fun putting the picture together and with every new added character i realized how cool they look together

Quote Originally Posted by MOLKROM View Post
    That is a beautiful picture .
    Thank you, it was so much fun and i really appreciate it that others like it
    Last edited by Niki; May 28, 2016 at 09:05am.

Totally Dyslexic
    Iīm looking for a similar iconic shot of the Evil Horde but i do not seem to find one.

Is there an iconic and official group shot for the Evil Horde?
    Last edited by Niki; May 28, 2016 at 12:06pm.

That's really fun; I considered doing something similar when I revisited the women of the Great Rebellion a couple years ago, but never got around to finishing them. I admire the dedication it took to finish them all.

I'm not sure about a similar shot of the Horde; I don't recall ever seeing an official vintage shot, but there is this one from Emiliano Santalucia, presumably from the DVD's: