Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 476 to 481 of 481

Thread: MotU by j-bird

  1. #476
    Totally Dyslexic
    Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wien, Austria
    Posts
    4,632
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    No color changes. Grey with black and down toned colors are for other properties.

    MOTU/POP is colorful and thatīs what makes it unique and special if you ask me.

    The bright green accessories with that blue skin and that maroon helmet makes Trap Jaw pop.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither


  2. #477
    Why not? j-bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in a flat, flat place
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by thorr View Post
    Yes. What do u think?
    Actually seeing it now, I think he needs a different skin color or it'll just look like weird trapjaw
    I could just make his face the same blue-ish color as the rest of his skin, but I feel like changing the black to gray reads too heroic or too much like Roboto or something ... I also feel like the red kind of veers toward his Filmation appearance, which isn't my favorite.

    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    No color changes. Grey with black and down toned colors are for other properties.

    MOTU/POP is colorful and thatīs what makes it unique and special if you ask me.

    The bright green accessories with that blue skin and that maroon helmet makes Trap Jaw pop.
    I agree with you in general, I feel like MotU should stay bright and colorful, but do you feel like those particular colors have to be the ones to make Trap-Jaw pop? How about something like his vintage mini-comic colors (to which I'm a little bit partial):
    Trap-Jaw (Alt-Colors) - Assembly.jpg

    or matching the skin of his torso to his face:
    Trap-Jaw (Alt-Colors 2) - Assembly.jpg

    or do I just stick with the original on the theory that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

  3. #478
    Totally Dyslexic
    Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wien, Austria
    Posts
    4,632
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post

    I agree with you in general, I feel like MotU should stay bright and colorful, but do you feel like those particular colors have to be the ones to make Trap-Jaw pop? How about something like his vintage mini-comic colors (to which I'm a little bit partial):
    Trap-Jaw (Alt-Colors) - Assembly.jpg

    or matching the skin of his torso to his face:
    Trap-Jaw (Alt-Colors 2) - Assembly.jpg

    or do I just stick with the original on the theory that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?
    Trap Jaws mini comic look is so different from his actual look that i donīt think they can be compared. His weird striped bathing suit alone is simply the best and always reminded me of Phantoms weird striped briefs:






    But since they decided to give Trap Jaw more armor they changed his colors as well and i have to admit they chose right and the black/blue/green/maroon color scheme is the best for him.

    So i say green skin and grey right arm with no armor on his legs works since his skin is so bright.

    When he is fully armored we need the blue skin and especially the bright green accessories.
    Last edited by Niki; April 27, 2017 at 03:26pm.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither


  4. #479
    Why not? j-bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in a flat, flat place
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Trap Jaws mini comic look is so different from his actual look that i donīt think they can be compared. His weird striped bathing suit alone is simply the best and always reminded me of Phantoms weird striped briefs:

    http://www.oafe.net/blog/wp-content/...motu_mtj10.jpg

    https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.ne...600/994705.jpg

    But since they decided to give Trap Jaw more armor they changed his colors as well and i have to admit they chose right and the black/blue/green/maroon color scheme is the best for him.

    So i say green skin and grey right arm with no armor on his legs works since his skin is so bright.

    When he is fully armored we need the blue skin and especially the bright green accessories.
    I can respect that. I do, however, enjoy the idea of a sort of hybrid of his two looks to sort of bridge that gap ... for some reason I also really enjoy the mini-comic colors alongside Skeletor's other warriors (as seen in The Tale of Teela, for example), so I just felt like I had to do a full version of that look.



    Besides the color-scheme, I also tweaked his tagline ... I did keep the "armed" pun, I just wanted to try and work the "master" thing in there ... not sure it was either necessary or effective, but hey, it's worth a shot, and my prior version kept the original tagline, so ...


  5. #480
    Totally Dyslexic
    Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wien, Austria
    Posts
    4,632
    My opinion is just that, another opinion and in the end everyone has to stick with their gut.

    The picture looks good
    Last edited by Niki; April 28, 2017 at 09:50am.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither


  6. #481
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    29
    Thanks for doing both color schemes too! I love these!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •