Thread: Scorpia Question

Sssqueeze's go-to guy sssqueezeme's Avatar
    Down in Subternia, hanging out with Sssqueeze and the gang.

Scorpia Question

Can anyone give me the low down on Scorpia? The Scorpia I know is a character from the Sectaurs series in the mid 1980's as General Spidrax's half sister. I wasn't aware the name would be used in a different series and thought 7 Towns Ltd owned the copyright of the name for the comic series published by Marvel Comics. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day.
    Some Sectaur Goals:
    #1: Obtain reproductions of each of the five unproduced second series figures including companion beasts and accessories.

#2: Construct customized figures of-
    Gnatseye w/ Jumpyr, Regent Galken, Scorpia, Royal Guard, Skull Soldier, Sting Trooper, Drone Trooper, Thornet, Empress Devora and Wing Warrior w/ flying steed

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Awesome. Thank you for the info on her. Now the only remaining question is: who has creatve rights to the name- 7 Towns Ltd or Filmation? Both of them were using the name for their respective series nearly at the same time. One of them must have the rights to the name.
    Some Sectaur Goals:
    #1: Obtain reproductions of each of the five unproduced second series figures including companion beasts and accessories.

Gnatseye w/ Jumpyr, Regent Galken, Scorpia, Royal Guard, Skull Soldier, Sting Trooper, Drone Trooper, Thornet, Empress Devora and Wing Warrior w/ flying steed

Quote Originally Posted by sssqueezeme View Post
    Both of them were using the name for their respective series nearly at the same time. One of them must have the rights to the name.
    From the info. that I've come across, Filmation used the name way before.

There are no records of the name 'Scorpia' ever having been trademarked though. I'm guessing nobody was planning to/interested enough to do anything with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    From the info. that I've come across, Filmation used the name way before.

There are no records of the name 'Scorpia' ever having been trademarked though. I'm guessing nobody was planning to/interested enough to do anything with the character.
    Wonderful. Thank you for the information. When I saw the name used for both Sectaurs and She-Ra, the question had to be addressed for clarification.
    Some Sectaur Goals:

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Funny, I never knew there was another Scorpia.

When I was a kid I thought it was ironic there were 2 "Rose"s on NBC sitcoms---The Golden Girls, and 227.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Bust it, there is a third Scorpia. She was a minor Marvel Character with powers similar to that of the Scorpion.

Heroic Warrior
    Scorpia was originally a scientist name Scillia, short after Hordak transformed Light Spinner into Shadow Weaver, the evil witch used her magic to fuse Scillia with a scorpion, created Scorpia. The Horde explored her knowledge until she became depleted of intelligence ending as a common warrior. This origin is probably made up, I read it on a Grayskull Museum homepage. Even not being the true origin, I like it.

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    ^---Hmmm, interesting, I never heard that possibility before...
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"