View Poll Results: Mantenna Opinion?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it! As far as I'm concerned, he's as good as he can get!

108 65.85%
  • I really like him. I may have done a thing or two different, but he looks good.

45 27.44%
  • Eh, neutral. Not really leaning one way or the other.

7 4.27%
  • Sorry, don't really like him much. Not my thing.

2 1.22%
  • Ehhh, can't stand him. Definitely not what I would have done.

2 1.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Opinion of Mantenna?

Your Opinion of Mantenna?

I did this last time when Grizzlor made his big appearance and got a great turnout that really showed what the fans thought of the furball. Now that Mantenna's made his debut, what do you think?

Personally I was a bit thrown off at first by those big, comical, yellow eyes, but once I took in how the rest of his face looked I was quite happy. That screaming mouth full of needle sharp teeth, the creepy alien ferocity that's displayed, and the way his head's sort of thrown forward really make him creepy looking. I love it. He's really colorful, but as it's keeping with the original's look and doesn't look really garish or anything, I can enjoy it.

This one's a winner as far as I'm concerned. Now I can't wait to see what they do with Leech!
    Last edited by Galmorzu; July 14, 2005 at 11:56am.

I hope that after all the blahblah around here over Grizzlor not looking like he did in the cartoon, that this will make people happy.

This is exactly what I hoped the 4H Mantenna would look like. I think I officially have a new favorite statue!!

And if anyone thinks he looks too colorful, I say take a look at Snout Sprout - his colors in the final product aren't nearly so glaring.

The best staction yet!!!
    No sacrifice is for nothing, if it helps other people. - He-Man
    Episode: Eye of the beholder

Market place feedback:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=mosquitor87

Member of the Arizona Mazters!

For the record, I also thought Grizzlor was done very well, just not quite what I had imagined. I still like him, though. Mantenna I'm 100% happy with.

i think he is AWESOME! i voted that I would have done something different, personally i would have changed the crossbow colour, but that's it. even that isn't a big thin.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

So cool I got to where shades...um maybe because that yellow color is burning a hole through my retina...ouch...As Gizmo would say, "Bright light!, bright light!"...He looks a little Gremlin like, don't you think?
    THE HUNTER OF MOTU

You know, it's tough to really put my finger on what Mantenna reminds me of. I can see some kind of crab-like creature maybe, or an alien mutant, or even a big-time mutated parasitic organism created by Hordak. I dunno, but looking at his crossbow the bolt looks like a mess of little sucker tendrils coming from its mouth.

So gross. But I like. just makes the dude more creepy and repulsive.

Silhouette
    Awesome! I gotsta have him!!!!

Personally, I'm neutral. NOT because of the staction. I just ain't too much of a Mantenna fan in general. Because of that, his staction doesn't excite me as much as f.e. a Modulok one could.
    The sculpting is awesome nonetheless. Great mix between classic toy and cartoon looks IMO. My only complaint is the bright yellow on the crossbow, but maybe the color just looks brighter there than it will be later.

So, I'm neutral on the character, but dig the sculpt. Thumbs up!
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; July 14, 2005 at 04:59am.

I think its great, I mean there was not a ton to work with due to the fact that he was very childish looking in the Filmation toon and BRIEFLY seen in the MYP version, all the other renditions I have are either too far in between the animated and extreme horrific so this looks great to me. LOVE the weapon

Do his eyes pop out , I know its a statue but that would be neat, but then again I guess that would be an action feature so it wont be there
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Evil Master of Fluffiness skullking's Avatar
    mantenna + four horseman = sale $$$$$$$$

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    If he can't have pop out eyes I think he should have been sculpted with them extended.

But then again that probably would've made them super fragile wouldn't it?

His weapon is cool in design but I think the final product should have take it down few tints.

These are nitpcicks of course I'm thrilled to be getting the big freak!
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction
    If he can't have pop out eyes I think he should have been sculpted with them extended.
    That's exactly my thought. I wish it had pop eyes sculpted and the bow was a little less brighter.

But apart from this the figure is extremely awesome !

Spot on perfect from my POV! Definitely a winner.
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction
    It would rock of you could replace his eyes with a pair of extra pop out eyes!

A big fan of Slush Head
    An Amazing redesign!! Couldn't be better than that!! The Horde is starting to regroup!!!

Sweet!! Not enough words to describe how cool he is!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    never a Mantenna fan, but I am now! This is one of my favourite stactions to date, i love the bright bug colours.

Quote Originally Posted by galmorzu
    Now that Mantenna's made his debut, what do you think?
    they already sculpted him??? i can't find any pics. can somebody help me please?

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    I think he looks freakin awsome!! The only thing I would change,would be to tone down the yellow on the crossbow.And like many said,have the eyes"popped"out.Also did anyone notice the blue "eyes" on the crossbow?I thought it was a nice touch,and it kinda looks like the shape of his head.You never know,maybe they'll make 2 versions on him,w/ and w/o the eyes popped out.God help us if they do.One mor thing I noticed,was the feet look like Kobra Kahns?
    Last edited by BURTDAWG; July 14, 2005 at 09:57am.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

I think that the 4H did a good job having a middle ground on Mantenna's eyes. The way they are now, they're not popping out, but they suggest a huge build-up of pressure that may cause them to erupt forward at any time.

Excellent for me

LOL! The yellow is just over the top. He is perfect!

HE'S AWESOME! Easily my favorite of the Stactions so far!

And I can't help but suspect that there will be some customizers with popped-out Mantenna as soon as he hits.
    WANTED: (please PM me!) Blood Skelly, both Rotocasts, Ice Armor Skelly, Snake Man-E/Roboto/Orko, Claw Attack Stratos, Snake Armor He-Man (loose/MOC), Mecha-Bite Cats, Mekaneck repaint, Mechablade He-Man & Skelly, vintage Eternia poster, vintage/new child-size swords

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Mantenna is simply amazing. I couldn't imagine him looking any better. And aside from Hordak, he has always pretty much been my favoriate Horde character, so between the awesome design and the simple fact that it's Mantenna, I couldn't be more excited.

In fact, I'm extremely excited about Wave 3 altogether. We get Mantenna (and I just expressed my feelings about him), the Sorceress which I've been waiting forever for and I am beyond excited about her, and Tung Lashor who was never really a favorite character of mine but I've wanted them to make more Snakemen to go with the figures that were already released, so I am more than thrilled to get another character who was in the new series.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock
    An Amazing redesign!! Couldn't be better than that!! The Horde is starting to regroup!!!

Sweet!! Not enough words to describe how cool he is!!

Ditto!
    Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com