2 2.11%
  • Other

1 1.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Character Introduced in the Movie

Best Character Introduced in the Movie

Please select all that apply
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

Nobody takes pop shots at Lubic!

But Blade is a fairly close second.
    Last edited by hawggie; April 2, 2008 at 08:10pm. Reason: correct spelling

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'd say all the new villans were really great additions, but my favourite is definetly Karg, there is something really creepy and frightning about him, he scared me as a kid, especially in the opening scenes were he trashes Gwildor's cave, and his ugly face emerges from the smoke.

PIGBOY!!!!!!!

No seriously, I liked Blade the best. He always reminded me of Tri Klops and he had an ok sword fight against He-Man.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

BLADE was my favorite new villain because he was badass! I wish he could've appeared on the cartoon.
    SAUROD was a close second because he looked really cool, and fit well in MOTU.
    DETECTIVE LUBIC, believe it or not was my other favorite character. He was the only Earthling I really liked, maybe partly because I just like James Tolkan.
    KARG almost made it on my list, but loses because of that stupid-looking Tina Turner wig. Even as a kid I thought that looked retarded. I was quite miffed when SKELETOR fried SAUROD instead of him. We could've had a scary lizard guy in the final battle, but noooo!
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I put Blade because he seemed like a swordsman with such skill that he could be a match for He-Man. I also put Gwildor, not because he's a worthwhile character but just because he's infinitely less annoying than Orko lol.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I am with ya Vahn. I used to always wish Skeletor would have blasted Karg instead. Saurod was much cooler.

Anyway, I vote Lubic!!!! Blade is a close second. I even have some love for Gwildor. He never bothered me.
    We need to let our new friends at Super 7 know that many of us are ALL IN COLLECTORS. We don't want products that are impossible for the average collector to have access to! If there is a He-man product, I want to buy it. Please no chases or con-only exclusives.

Make your voice heard! We DO want Snake Mountain!

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Sorry, but I didn't care for this movie very much so I voted for the potential a character could have.

In this regard I voted for Blade because he seems like a character that could be used in some cool ways.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I thought Blade was the coolest looking character introduced. Saurod would have been my favorite toy of the movie ones if his darn sparks would have lasted longer.

Definitely Blade was the coolest. But I don't know why I always loved Gwildor!
    And I think that in the right hands can be a really interesting and powerful character.
    Someone like Yoda in Star Wars...
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Lubic's great because the whole war from another universe thing doesn't click with him until it's all over and he's sitting in Castle Grayskull with his wench with a butch haircut. Hey, you know what? I think that was the same haircut that guy had who posed as He-Man in Northpark Mall!

Yeah, I agree the three henchmen were awesome. I remember I was bummed as a kid when Skeletor killed his Mer-Man replacement. Besides, it's kinda logical he would do in Saurod/Mer-Man since he controls the Aquatica army and all. Well, that statement doesn't hold weight with Saurod, but Mer-Man's still a threat to Skeletor and all.

I'll agree with most of you on Blade. He was definitely the coolest around for the mercenaries. Karg was pretty cool, but he didn't scream Trap Jaw to me until it finally clicked when I got the DVD back when it came out. Gwildor's pretty interesting because you've got Orko and the four scientists of Primus all rolled into one. Also, it's sweet because he made the Inifinity Gauntlet or Green Lantern Ring equivalent for MOTU.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

Blade first Saurod second. Karg was alright but he didn't do much for me. my criteria was who would I love to see brought back in a new line and it was blade and saurod hands down. I could take or leave karg and gwildor.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I'm kinda ticked off now that I think of it. I should've voted for "other" because Charlie the music store owner was like the best character out of the whole movie! He's the only one who caught onto the severity of the whole otherworldly war unfolding on Earth and likened it to "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." Sure, he was way off, but he was in the right genre. Besides, he was prepared! Not only did he have a police scanner to keep everyone informed when it all hit the fan, but he hooked Lubic up with a gun. How in the world could I have missed that one!?

Yeah, Charlie's so cool that there needs to be an action figure for him in the new line. If folks are putting out threads for a "Josh" action figure from like two pages of a She-Ra mini-comic, there needs to be a Charlie action figure complete with a police scanner, necked keyboard or guitar, and maybe a "Native Clothing" Gwildor variant finger puppet. You know, kinda like when Lion-O and Mumm-Ra started coming packaged with Snarf and Ma-Mutt finger puppets respectively.

In fact, I demand there be a Charlie the music store owner Smilie here on the ORG so I can drive my facetiousness home!
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I definitely think that the best new character was Blade, great potential there. Altho Saurod probably has the better and cooler design, his personality was not as great.

But seeing as Skeletor was so different and bad-ass, I'd almost say Skelly himself was the best new character.. heh heh.

Skeletor blasted Saurod because Saurod drew his gun!

Blade was the only one I really liked from the movie.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Saurod for me!! And then Blade!

Who voted the kids???

For me Blade. No doubts.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Tough call between Blade and Saurod. Even when I was little I didn't get why they killed off Saurod so early int he film- he looked awesome.
    "I am The Mad Bubbler... breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Blade was the man. Everyone knows it. I wish we had seen Blade and He-Man fight more often.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Karg for me

I choose Blade, most likely having to do with his excellent sword play.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    I voted for Lubic and the New Villains. I'm always up for more villainy, Lubic was just hella cool in that Oh i'm on another planet, theres a guy with a bare skull, and an ape man, I'ma shoot at them.

Blade, Lubic, Saurod, Gwildor, Karg-- they all have their own charm and fit very well in the MOTU universe.

Gwildor and Karg looked like they might have been from the same species, if Karg was the 'corrupted and cyborged' version-- and I thought Gwildor might have been a Widget, so I usually just say they both are.

Blade reminds me of Triklops, and so I think of him as his protege. I voted for him because I LOVE the panicked expression he adopts several times in the movie. It's so visceral and real-- and it makes him look very very young, like he really is the semi-clueless protege of the more capable Triklops.

Lubic has roots in the tradition of Earth transplantees-- Rio-Blast, Marlena, etc. I could absolutely see him as Eternia's greatest detective.

Saurod reminds me of someone halfway between Dragoon of Trolla and a Snake-man, so I like him too.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

My favorites from the movie, in order of preference:

1. Saurod - wicked design, and brought to life in an interesting way. You really believe by the body movements and sounds that this is a real creature. The character feels like it was the inspiration for the Predator design.

2. Blade - Cool costume and swords. Loved the intricate eye patch and ear/jaw piece. An interesting character with a good mix of humor and tough guy intimidation. Overall a fun character.

3. Lubic - If any "Earth" character deserved a toy, it was this guy. Every time he opens his mouth in the film I get a laugh. In many ways, he is the parents in the audience who took there kids to see the film, and wondered what the heck all this craziness is about. I suspect that for many parents, he was their favorite part of the film.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; March 28, 2010 at 07:01pm.