View Poll Results: Who would win in a battle between Fisto and Jitsu?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fisto

73 65.77%
  • Jitsu

38 34.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would win: Fisto vs. Jitsu

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Who would win: Fisto vs. Jitsu

Well, last week's response in the battle of "Mekaneck vs. Tri Klops vs. Mantenna" was unanimous - Mr. Klops would wipe the floor with his opponents (was it ever in doubt? ). Poor old Mantenna didn't even get a look in!

Anyway, this week... well, this one's very uncreative, but I might as well post it until I can come up with a better one: FISTO vs. JITSU, the battle of the spring-loaded right-arm warriors. They were released at the same time, and were pretty much counterparts to each other (though they were never given any actual stories about this).

FISTO - An outdoor survivalist type, with a gruff but kind manner. (Had a number of second season cartoon appearances). Can smash things apart with his giant fist.

JITSU - We don't know much about him; A relatively little-used character (one lone cartoon appearance, in the early "The Dragon Invasion"). Can chop things in half with his golden hand.

As always, for the sake of argument for this battle, they are only armed with the weapons which their figure versions came with. (I.e. you can't say "xxx pulls out a laser gun", etc.).
    Also, remember this is a battle scenario, not a popularity contest.

Vote... discuss... be merry.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Fisto wins for me.

Fisto is a bad guy gone good in most storylines for MotU.

It takes much more strength of character and a sense of endurance and "stickin' to it", than just being evil all by itself.

It's easy to be evil.

So how does that weigh in a fist-a-cuffs?
    Fisto's got more fight in him I figure, he's got bigger things to fight over than just his own personal reasons.
    Jitsu is just a bad guy, mind you a really awesome bad guy, that holds his own very well against Fisto I'm sure, but again, it's too easy to be bad. Therefore, Fisto edges out on top.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

jitsu

here is why. he has at least some degree of knowledge of martial arts while fisto seems to be just a brute force. they both have power. since knowledge is greater i would say jitsu wins every time
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Based on their one on one confrontation in "Clash of Arms" at the Circle of Doom....I'd say Fisto. I agree that Jitsu does have technique, but Fisto has reflexes to match and incredible strength.

It would probably be close, but I think Fisto would triumph.

My eBay feedback

My Org Feedback

Great deals so far: slgcmg; slothboy; Luigispice; Bosskmr; Fairyheart; Robertytus; Mighty Puundragon

Howdy

I am going to say Jitsu. He master of the martial arts would help him overcome Fisto IMO

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

sorry no one wins they are the same
    New adventure wanted
    quakke / icarius / disk of doom skeletor / kayo / tuskador / artilla / staghornbattle blade skeletor/ thunderpunch he man / to tall hoove/ missle armour flipshot, spin fist hydron, staghorn
    mini boglins, moc Ghostbusters, moc Turtles, Transformers and M.A.S.K wanted

Quote Originally Posted by evil-orko View Post
    sorry no one wins they are the same
    But after a while one is bound to tire first, allowing the other to... I have to say it... get the upper hand!

One has bulk on his side, the other has quick martial arts moves..... (and I'm still trying to decide myself which one I'd root for)
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I think both the classic Fisto and Jitsu figures used to come with a mini comic where Fisto beats Clawful and then Jitsu in one-on-one combat (in a gladiator arena, if I recall correctly). He's finally defeated by Whiplash.
    Throwing acid is wrong, in some people's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by FangMan View Post
    I think both the classic Fisto and Jitsu figures used to come with a mini comic where Fisto beats Clawful and then Jitsu in one-on-one combat (in a gladiator arena, if I recall correctly). He's finally defeated by Whiplash.
    That's "The Clash Of Arms", one of my favourite post-first-two-waves mini-comics.
    Think of this as the rematch... this time it's personal!
    ~jay firestorm~

Good guys always win in MotU, it's just how their world is wired, so Fisto is a no-brainer. Most likely he'd pull out the victory in dramatic fashion just when it seemed that Jitsu had him on the ropes.

(For a good example of how this works, check out JLA: Earth 2 by Morrison, and Quitely. It's good stuff.)

Evil will always win because good is dumb.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Nice Spaceballs reference.

jitsu know martial arts, so i guess he will win, since fisto just has a bad as fist, an no advanced combat skills, appart from barfights...
    so if this fight is not held in a dark grubby bar, jitsu would win.
    if it is held in a bar i wouldn't know
    Good trades with: evil-orko, xclaw, imothep, HTFToys, Igorr, galaxy warrior, peter, LeelooMinai, sonofblaine , sathomaso, Linkku, D-man, SKY, TED675, Facelessone

Castle Grayskull
    I go with Fisto. His fist can reek havoc, and i don't think he's a dumb warrior. Jistu has martial arts, and a big hand, but let's say the fist and the hand meet, i bet my titanium tortion bars (ala Optimus Prime) on Fisto getting through scratch free.

Fisto for me !

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Fisto, cause gold is softer then steele

I've been laying awake all night wondering about this one (well, a couple of minutes, maybe! ).

I think this battle would be really neck-and-neck, lasting a long time. Fisto has brains and bulk, but Jitsu has lightning-quick martial arts on his side. They are both swordsmen, so they are pretty much even on that front. Jitsu can injure with his chop, but I think Fisto's fist can do some serious damage. I kind of see Jitsu being quick enough to dodge most of these hits, and gradually hacking away at Fisto.
    I think they would be tied for a long time, until eventually they would tire. I'm sorry to say, I think at that stage, Jitsu with his moves might be marginally quicker and get the upper hand (!) on Fisto.

As much as I would like Fisto to win, I think Jitsu might come out trumps by being quicker and hacking away.
    Last edited by Spacedust; March 22, 2007 at 08:56am.
    ~jay firestorm~

Heroic Warrior
    I would have to say Fisto would win. Granted Jitsu knows martial arts, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything in my opinion. I can see Fisto being in a Tough Man contest. But ultimately I would think that if Jitsu was winning he might get a little arrogant and that is when Fisto would wipe him out.
    Pathors Cub is the son of Panthor and the cat version of Catra.

Shidoshi.

He's got Jitsu's hand and Fisto's armor, he'd take 'em both down.

The electro-morphic cat doesn't hurt either

I'll stop thread-derailing now

D/L
    "I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

-The Scarecrow, The Marvelous Land of Oz.

Not only does it apply nicely to Masters, but is probably a deep truth.

Powers of Preternia Podcast Video Series
    http://www.youtube.com/user/destrong...s?feature=mhum

Heroic Warrior
    This is difficult, but I go with Fisto, steel fist, good swordman, brains and steel guts.
    Jitsu may be "martial arts master" but I thinik he is weaker.

Fisto for me.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Fisto, he is a viking, mercyless, cold blooded SOB. Strongest right hand in the land.

He's got the guts to take anyone down.

Heroic Warrior
    Come on! We need 2 more to vote for Fisto!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkan View Post
    Come on! We need 2 more to vote for Fisto!!!
    Trying to sway the vote - that's a punishable offence. I condemn you to watch "The Starchild" - twice!! (oh wait, maybe that's a little harsh)

You know, for a simple "filler" battle vote until I could think of a better one, we've certainly got some mileage out of it.
    ~jay firestorm~

Heroic Warrior
    I think Fisto would win this battle.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Oh come on how could Fisto be loosing this poll? He is the man!! he would kick Jitsu's ass.

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    jitsu. it goes beyond brute force.

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/