Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live-Action 'The Jungle Book' Movie Thread

Live-Action 'The Jungle Book' Movie Thread

I searched, but I don't think this has its own thread. A new live-action Jungle Book film comes out next year directed by Jon Favreau (Iron-Man). Here's the trailer that was released today. It looks pretty special, IMO:

Last edited by Krueger; September 15, 2015 at 07:36pm.

What is this the 3rd remake of Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book novel?

The 1994 version is still fairly new and holds up well.

There is also the 1942 (Sabu) version.

Hollywood is officially out of ideas and we still don't have a He-Man movie.

I saw the trailer earlier today and it looks great.

The voice cast alone is outstanding! I loved Scarlett in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    What is this the 3rd remake of Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book novel?

The 1994 version is still fairly new and holds up well.

Hollywood is officially out of ideas and we still don't have a He-Man movie.
    The '94 version is bad IMO. It was beyond boring IMO.

You'll love this, there's another Jungle Book movie called Jungle Book: Origins coming out in 2017 from WB.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2388771/

The "hub"(discovery) has an animatd series.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Warrior
    Looks interesting, at least he is a kid in this version unlike the 1994 version.

Looks very interesting, the trailer looks really good.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

New Trailer

You actually see the animals speak. Utterly breathtaking:

Heroic Warrior
    It will take some getting used to the changes in voices of the most of characters but still looks good.

I just saw this over the weekend--and it was fantastic --definitely will be one of the best movies I will see this year for sure

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    My wife and I saw it this past weekend, and while we thought it was the best of the live-action remakes of the classic animated films, it seemed be missing a lot of the fun and heart of the classic.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Took the kids to see it yesterday. We enjoyed it. The voices took some getting used too but they worked. Would have been fun to hear Goodman again but it still worked. The kid did a great job considering he was acting in a bubble.
    Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    You actually see the animals speak. Utterly breathtaking:

That is exactly how I want Cringer and Battle cat to talk when they ever get around to making that He-Man movie.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    I'm going to see it tomorrow!

The Disney classic has always been dear to me, so I can't wait for this...

Bill Murray, Christopher Walken, Ben Kingsley, Idris Elba, and the late Garry Shandling are just a few of the amazing voice talents that I am so excited for!
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    My wife and I saw it this past weekend, and while we thought it was the best of the live-action remakes of the classic animated films, it seemed be missing a lot of the fun and heart of the classic.
    But do you think it captured the essence of the animated classic well? it is done by a fan of the original who grew up with the original and done justice.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Wow!

I enjoyed this movie so much more than even I originally anticipated! This is such an awesome movie, from the breathtaking scenery, to the flawless CGI, this movie hooked me from start to finish.

The actors aren't just "voice acting" in this one, but instead, really empower their respective roles. The all-star cast was absolutely perfect for the film, and lent an already outstanding movie a human aspect that forces you to feel for each of the characters in turn.

I seriously can't wait to see the Jungle Book again. It's like visiting a museum and getting caught up in a new exhibit - only to go right back and get caught up all over again... you know what's there, but you still can't wait to soak it all in again.

Oh, and Christopher Walken.... need I say more?
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Wow!

I enjoyed this movie so much more than even I originally anticipated! This is such an awesome movie, from the breathtaking scenery, to the flawless CGI, this movie hooked me from start to finish.

The actors aren't just "voice acting" in this one, but instead, really empower their respective roles. The all-star cast was absolutely perfect for the film, and lent an already outstanding movie a human aspect that forces you to feel for each of the characters in turn.

I seriously can't wait to see the Jungle Book again. It's like visiting a museum and getting caught up in a new exhibit - only to go right back and get caught up all over again... you know what's there, but you still can't wait to soak it all in again.

Oh, and Christopher Walken.... need I say more?
    The effects are gonna get award this year.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior
    Saw it today, good movie, can't wait for the sequel.

This looks really great.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Son, when the Boogieman goes to sleep, he checks under his bed for *me*."

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    The effects are gonna get award this year.
    I totally agree with you.

I can easily see this getting an award for visual effects... it just looks so good. Animal movements and actual talking flow seamlessly together so that it all appears natural... it really is an amazing feat. I can't wait to go see it again!

Saw it yesterday and thought it was excellent!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    Walken : I'm happiest....IN the jungle !

George "Mr Freeze" Sanders was a voice in the '67 Disney version......
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I thought it was excellent. The voice actors were very well chosen, and I was surprised that they incorporated the two most famous songs from the original so well. Changing Louie into a gigantopithicus rather than an ordinary orangutan was unexpected, but worked well, and I loved the way they actually incorporated Walken's face into the ape's design. The whole story worked well, and the characters were fully developed.

I was a bit worried about whether they could pull it off well here with the original hanging over it; hard to live up to the likes of Sebastion Cabot, Phil Harris, Sterling Holloway and Louie Prima (Baghera, Baloo, Kaa and Louie, respectively), but they succeeded. It stands up well on its own, as well. Disney is having a good year so far...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I thought it was excellent. The voice actors were very well chosen, and I was surprised that they incorporated the two most famous songs from the original so well. Changing Louie into a gigantopithicus rather than an ordinary orangutan was unexpected, but worked well, and I loved the way they actually incorporated Walken's face into the ape's design. The whole story worked well, and the characters were fully developed.

I was a bit worried about whether they could pull it off well here with the original hanging over it; hard to live up to the likes of Sebastion Cabot, Phil Harris, Sterling Holloway and Louie Prima (Baghera, Baloo, Kaa and Louie, respectively), but they succeeded. It stands up well on its own, as well. Disney is having a good year so far...
    I agree.

I hold the original very dear to me, so I was a bit worried about the live-action/CGI stepping on the 1967 version's toes. I was, not only relieved, but totally engrossed and blown away by this movie. And, as you stated, the songs were retained from the original and implemented beautifully in the film (even if we did have to wait for the credits to hear Kaa's mesmerizing number)... and Christopher Walken, well, what needs to be said? His scene was a masterpiece! I loved it!

Disney really is having a good year so far, and it only looks to get better with Civil War and Finding Dory right on the horizon... but, really, does Disney ever have a bad year? (Even their bad years can be considered good! )

I loved this film! Disney finally got it right with a live action remake of a classic! Now they need to make a Lion King movie! With this Photo real animation it would be epic!

A Lion King could be a sight to behold. I think it’s a no brainer, TBH. It would quite simply be a money-making machine. Last year word broke of a live-action Winnie the Pooh film. I think that has some potential, too.