Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A fond and very, very grateful farewell

Master of New Adventures!

A fond and very, very grateful farewell

Well, there comes a time for all things to end and for me this is it.

I've had an amazing time here on he-man.org all of these years. I've enjoyed so much being here, interacting with fans, receiving praise sometimes and sincere constructive criticism other times. I've been delighted to see some fans coming around to NA after viewing the BCI collection, but I've always respected other fans' disappointment in NA.

The Tar Swamp has been a lot of fun for me. Even when others have vehemently disagreed on a variety of issues with this aging Conservative, I've been so happy to see that the majority of time that disagreement was well thought out, civil, constructive and at times even persuaded me to an opinion opposite my own.

But now it's time for me to take my leave of the board. I'm happy to have had over 81,000 views on my thread that's now in the Vintage forum. I've enjoyed the podcast interviews and it's been heartwarming to have seen what's happening in so many orgers' lives, to have shared their hopes and dreams and struggles and to sometimes celebrate their successes. I want to thank everyone for so many memories.

This is an amazing board, filled with compassionate members that I've seen come to the aide of others with advice and support.

But for now it's time for me to move on. There hasn't been any one thing that's made this decision for me; rather a number of things. The truth is that I'm getting older, considerably more than halfway through the journey on this fragile orb. So many of you are young. It won't be until later that you begin to understand what I mean, how every day becomes precious to you as you move through life.

I have a wonderful wife and children and I need to spend as much time with them as I can. I also much more business still to do in the entertainment industry, these last five years actually and incredibly having been the busiest in my life.

So time becomes an important commodity and I am at a point that I need to allocate it and set my priorities and so, as I've said, I must say a fond farewell to the board.

Thank you for the privilege of letting me be a part of it all. As I've said so many times before, writers, directors, producers and actors are nothing without fans...and the fans here are surely among the best and greatest in the world.

I've offered a lot of advice over the years -- much of it unsolicited but hopefully, on occasion, appreciated and maybe even helpful. And so I'll leave you with one last piece, this, too, unsolicited, but hopefully helpful. When each of my three children began Kindergarten their teacher told them the exact same thing on their first day: "Be kind to each other." It took me a long time, but I've learned, over sixty-five years, that that's really all there is to it.

Thanks, from the bottom of my heart. Good luck to each and every one of you.

So long. Logging off for the last time.

Sincerely,

Jack

I've been thinking of doing the same thing myself....... the .org is one of the two that I still frequent out of 10.

I hope you've been enjoying the tar swamp discussion.... say it's declining and I shall appear
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Aw, dangit Jack, you've brought a tear to my eye...

Thank you for the wonderful privilege of being able to converse with someone who played a huge role in a property that has influenced so much of my life. Without ever physically meeting you and shaking your hand, I feel that I know you, at least a little bit. Your openness and vision have resonated with me since first coming to these boards, and your ability to keep a level-head through and through has not gone unnoticed. I am not alone when I say you will be missed.

God bless you and your family and good luck in your future endeavors. I am thrilled to have been a (tiny) part of your journey as our crossroads met for a short time. Thank you for your wisdom, thank you for your humor, thank you for your passion, but most of all, thank you for letting us be a part of it all.

Goodbye and godspeed in the New Adventures of Jack Olesker...

Keep an eye on us from time to time, and take care!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Dang. I enjoyed our chats about the Huskers and reading your posts about New Adventures. Good journey.

Bon Voyage, Jack! It's been lovely having you on here.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

So long, Jack. Thanks for hanging out with us. I'll see if we can't whip up a set of Optik emoticons to commemorate your departure.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Good Journey...you will be missed!

Goodbye Jack.

The org is not going to be the same without you
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Good Journey Jack! It was great having your insights around...not only with behind the scenes info about New Adventures, but life in general!

I hope you'll come by to visit occasionally?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Good bye Mr. Olesker!

It was great meeting you(at least in cyberspace)!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

All the best Jack...... I'm sure you will be back one day.

Best of luck to Jack....but personally, I can't understand why he feels the need to go away forever (or seemingly forever). I mean, it's not like graduating from school, getting a new job, or moving to a new place....the .org is here whenever you want to visit it, as much or as little as you want. You don't have to "leave," Jack!
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Wow. Did not see that coming.
    Good luck and God bless, Jack. Hope to see you around the Internet somewhere. I have very much enjoyed your work and your posts on HM.org
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Sister Edith is in the hospital this week. She is having trouble sleeping and has requested tapes of Pastor Dave's sermons..."

Fare thee well Jack. You will be missed.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Too bad.
    Well then if that's how it must be the take care,
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Best of luck to Jack....but personally, I can't understand why he feels the need to go away forever (or seemingly forever). I mean, it's not like graduating from school, getting a new job, or moving to a new place....the .org is here whenever you want to visit it, as much or as little as you want. You don't have to "leave," Jack!
    ^
    This!

Jack, you gotta do what you gotta do, and if you feel that you've been spending too much time on this board, it's understandable that you would want to cut back on that. But I don't see why it has to be a complete goodbye. Even if you stop by for just a few minutes every once in a while, it wouldn't take away from the important things in your life.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I have to say, this is rather sad to hear. You are such a nice guy! One of the nicest people I've ever interacted with on the internet.

Thank you for being classy, friendly, and kind at all times!

As a fellow fan of Rocky and It's A Wonderful Life, I'll leave you with this!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I've never been a fan of farewell threads. If I was going to leave, I'd just go. I don't feel the need to tell a website that I'm going because who would really care? But I am willing to cut a few people some slack and Jackie O. is one of them, being a large contributor to this intellectual property, no matter how well or poorly his contribution may have been received. So Jack, even though you won't read what I write as you say you won't be coming back, I just want to say thanks for the praise, warranted or unwarranted, you have heaped upon me throughout the years as well as the advice you have bestowed onto me as well. I hope you will continue to do well in any and all of your future endeavours, whatever they may be.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

All the best for the future Jack, I've enjoyed your insights into the NA cartoon over the years and hope you pop back in now and again
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

It just won't be the same around here without you. Thanks for always being a bright spot here on the Org.

Take care and good luck on the next step of your journey!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Jack, I'm so sorry to see you go! I'm sorry it has to be a full on break, though I understand how absorbing internet forums can be. Thank you for letting us know you're going and not simply fading away. I'm glad I met you at Power-Con last year and I hope somehow I'll see you again!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Sorry to see you go, Jack, but it was a pleasure to get to know you!
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I hate to see you go. I know what you mean though, I have 2 grandkids, (7 and 1 1/2) and another one on the way, and time goes so fast.

But just log on here once in a while. Maybe 4 times a month and see that's gong on.

You will be missed.

Heroic Warrior
    Despite me not knowing the New Adventures brand all that well or you, Jack, all that well it seems wrong and shocking that you are leaving this board.

Thank you for your contributions to the He-Man mythos.

I just thought it was cool that someone who has history with mythos was on the board.

You may feel that the years are creeping up on you but little I do you know about you is that that your love for your wife and college football especially the Cornhuskers will keep you going.

Thank you.

(why does it feel like someone died?)

(I just wish there was a NA He-Man clapping so I could give you a standing ovation)

Hate to see see you go, Jack. Take care, and enjoy this tune:
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.