Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame: 1986-Present

IMO KISS' induction should have included all members past & present (at least the living). The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame only inducted the original 4 - Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Peter Criss and Ace Frehley. But Gene & Paul insisted that current drummer, Eric Singer (20 year member), and current guitarist, Tommy Thayer (10 year member), sit at their table along with former guitarist, Bruce Kulick (12 year member) making the event attended by all of the living members (past & present) except the elusive Vinnie Vincent (3 year member). Former drummer, Eric Carr (11 year member), died in 1991 while still a member of KISS and former guitarist, Mark St. John (<1 year member), died in 2007.
    Last edited by Zargon; April 11, 2014 at 11:02am.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    IMO KISS' induction should have included all members past & present (at least the living). The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame only inducted the original 4 - Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Peter Criss and Ace Frehley. But Gene & Paul insisted that current drummer, Eric Singer (20 year member), and current guitarist, Tommy Thayer (10 year member), sit at their table along with former guitarist, Bruce Kulick (12 year member) making the event attended by all of the living members (past & present) except the elusive Vinnie Vincent (3 year member). Former drummer, Eric Carr (11 year member), died in 1991 while still a member of KISS and former guitarist, Mark St. John (
    I suppose that should be true, considering they inducted Metallica's Robert Trujillo, even though IMO he shouldn't have been.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    IMO KISS' induction should have included all members past & present (at least the living). The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame only inducted the original 4 - Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Peter Criss and Ace Frehley. But Gene & Paul insisted that current drummer, Eric Singer (20 year member), and current guitarist, Tommy Thayer (10 year member), sit at their table along with former guitarist, Bruce Kulick (12 year member) making the event attended by all of the living members (past & present) except the elusive Vinnie Vincent (3 year member). Former drummer, Eric Carr (11 year member), died in 1991 while still a member of KISS and former guitarist, Mark St. John (
    Couldn't have said it better.

Eric Carr and Bruce definitely should have been inducted. Both of them actually contributed more to the band than Ace and Peter ever did.

I can't believe Gene even posed for pictures with Ace. I'm surprised they didn't need security to keep them from attacking each other.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Cool Kiss went in Deep Purple and Duran Duran deserve to go in as well
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar

The 29th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony airs on May 31st on HBO
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Couldn't have said it better.

Eric Carr and Bruce definitely should have been inducted. Both of them actually contributed more to the band than Ace and Peter ever did.

I can't believe Gene even posed for pictures with Ace. I'm surprised they didn't need security to keep them from attacking each other.
    I have to seriously disagree... without Ace and Peter there would never have been a KISS. KISS Alive is what actually gave them recording credibility. Followed by Destroyer, another recorded success. Thru to Alive 2, and Ace's solo album, that is what pushed the KISS name mainstream. Things went downhill IMO at Dynasty... ok album tho. The KISS reunions of the original guys made a huge impact in the 90's as well. I would compare it to Van Halen with Sammy Hagar... did they have successful albums... sure. But what made Van Halen a success was Roth with the band. Ace influenced far more guitarists than any KISS member that followed... without question.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!