View Poll Results: Would you like a He-Man Staction like the one styled for the 14" Statue?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! That sculpt is really nice for a staction!!!

44 32.84%
  • I want a He-man soon for the Staction set, but not this sculpt.

58 43.28%
  • I don't want a He-Man staction any time soon.

32 23.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14" He-Man Statue as a Staction?

14" He-Man Statue as a Staction?

I've been checking out the pics of the new stactions from SDCC, and I'll tell you what folks; that forthcoming 14" He-Man needs to be Staction-ized! I'd love to see the main character next to my other stactions done with the iron cross and standing strongly ready to defend Eternia!!! Who else feels this way? If they're going to do "redo's", we really need a He-Man and Skeletor, hands down.

...anyway...

Who else feels this way? Is that He-Man up to your liking, or would you like another pose?
    Greenboy

The Ghost Hunter of the Pocono Mountains, PA

Countryside Anomalous Research Society

I don't mind a He-Man staction, but I'd rather have that sculp as a big statue since I was never able to get the orginal statue that came out back in 200X. Besides, I'd rather see stactions of the characters that haven't come out yet first or at least a Horde-Armor He-Man staction figure.
    My Masters of the Universe Classics and Comic Book Reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gaycomicgeek

I love that sculpt, but I don't think it would work as a Staction. I think it needs to be 14" tall for him to effectively stand as the badass that he looks like in that pose.

I want a staction to be either sword lifted in the air in I Have The Power pose, or on Battle Cat.

think i have enought of regular He-Mans

Give me Snake-Armour HE-Man anytime ... more colours, details, and maybe crome plated armour and sword

GR81 says:

I want a Horde Defender He-man
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Heroic Warrior
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...E/IM000300.jpg

I don't like the way his left leg looks. It seems to stick out in an awkward position.And after all these years the Four Horsemen still can't get his face right? Come on.

i would love ANY he-man as a staction. why? because i refused and still refuse to this day to buy any of that crap put out by mattel. so i would like to see some main guys come out. maybe as exclusives? one exclusive per series that way they can keep doing new figures so no one will cry and a "redo" per release.

austin

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I like the new statue, but a He-Man staction should be pretty similar, but his head upwards and have slightly more muscles.

That sculpt? NO THANKS. Something different with head looking upwards a bit (or even towards the side) so that you can see his face, and with the color scheme and the cross on the armorment? SURE! I just don't like how on the mini-bust and this statue, you can't see into his eyes. He's always looking downwards and I find that annoying for some reason.
    I actually would really love it if for a He-Man and/or Skeletor staction that they gave us their version of the Battle Armor figures from the old line. Those would look pretty killer!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Wouldn't mine a He-man Staction in the near future- but not that look (I'm fine with his build). I like the Ice armor, Snake armor, or steath armor look better than the standard barbarian.
    Last edited by Steph; July 22, 2006 at 07:28pm.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I definitely think we WILL be seeing a new He-Man Staction sometime soon.

I personally am hoping for a true 4H update of the Classic Battle Armor (the best He-Man, not MotU, but He-Man figure of all time, IMO) for the first He-Man Staction.

That's right, I am a blaspheming idiot who wants He-Man variants in the Staction line.

I want a BA He-Man, a "signature" He-Man, and I'd love to see the 4H's take on a Horde Armor He-Man.

But as for this poll, it's kind of pointless (no offense) because the 4H would make a new sculpt for a He-Man Staction. It may be somewhat similar, but as with Clawful and the Sorceress, they would never reuse the same sculpt.

Even though I haven't seen it in person, I agree with Flor2099 assesment that the statue's pose would only be effective in the larger scale and wouldn't work for the Staction anyway.

For any He-Man Staction, I would prefer a more neutral, less "character" pose than the big statue. The 4H have deviated slightly (like with Lyn or Hordak) but in general I prefer the Stactions to have that neutral, displayed action figure look.

Would love to see it as a staction. However, they should do a skeletor then. Since they both have full size statues.
    TON80

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man
    I personally am hoping for a true 4H update of the Classic Battle Armor (the best He-Man, not MotU, but He-Man figure of all time, IMO) for the first He-Man Staction.
    I agree 150%! I wish the 4HM would do a BA He-Man and Skeletor for the staction line... if it's done in the spirit of the classic figures only updated to make it look like the staction line, but not over-done. You know what I mean? That's not a bad idea at all!

Ok Horsemen... bring on Battle-Armor He-Man and Battle-Armor Skeletor!
    Greenboy

The Ghost Hunter of the Pocono Mountains, PA

Countryside Anomalous Research Society

This is what I want for a He-Man mini-statue:

- Heroic pose....not just standing there looking down.
    - Very muscle-bound.
    - No animie face
    - a classic colors exclusive for AFX or He-Man.Org.

....also, I think the classic colors exclusive should come with a more traditional-looking PowerSword. The classic colors Evil-Lynn has a different accessory (shard of darkness) than the MYP colored one (screech) in wave 5, so why couldn't a classic colors He-Man have a different sword?
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenboy
    I agree 150%! I wish the 4HM would do a BA He-Man and Skeletor for the staction line... if it's done in the spirit of the classic figures only updated to make it look like the staction line, but not over-done. You know what I mean? That's not a bad idea at all!

Ok Horsemen... bring on Battle-Armor He-Man and Battle-Armor Skeletor!
    Totally agree, I wouldn't mind the BA figures at all and they don't seem like varients as BA He-Man/Skele were very popular back in the day and just seemed to blend in well with both characters. The 4HM would make them look great.

Personally, I like the statue. I think it's the best looking He-Man to date. He isn't horridly muscular like the original figures. His muscles are more realistic unlike the 200X line. I do wish we could see his face. Anyone have a shot of his face? Personally I wouldn't mind it being a staction either.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

i like the statue except the indention across his chin is a bit odd to me for some reason, i wouldn't mind if they a made it into a staction but it's not something i'm dying to have either.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

I'm not a big fan of the new statue of He-Man, but that's just me. I'd rather see other chracters be made into stactions that haven't been made yet. He-Man can wait a little while longer.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne
    I do wish we could see his face.
    Here's an image from the big thread that I blew up and tweaked a bit:

So far it's the only semi-clear shot of his face we've got.

The .org always comes through with an awesome post Con breakdown with a bunch of awesome pics and info, so hopefully that will be put up soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man
    Here's an image from the big thread that I blew up and tweaked a bit:

So far it's the only semi-clear shot of his face we've got.

The .org always comes through with an awesome post Con breakdown with a bunch of awesome pics and info, so hopefully that will be put up soon!
    Ok I can see what some were saying about the chin. I don't like it. it too pronounced, unlike the 200x figure.

I just noticed how my customed He-Man looks similar to the 14 inch statue since I straightened his legs out.

I always liked how this came out. But I still wouldn't mind having the statue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marvelous0ne; July 23, 2006 at 05:47pm.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull
    And after all these years the Four Horsemen still can't get his face right? Come on.
    Gimme a break. I think this is the best-looking standard He-Man yet. He doesn't look like a tool, or like he's taking a dump. It rocks.

But that being said, I'd love exclusive BA He-Man/Skeletor stactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne
    Ok I can see what some were saying about the chin. I don't like it. it too pronounced, unlike the 200x figure.
    He-Man's face has always been the same:
    http://fourhorsemen.biz/images/galle...eman/close.jpg

Really the only difference has been opened or closed mouth, and then the SA head was slightly different.

I want a he-man but i would prefer a different sculpt
    Masters of the Universe Fan for Life

My Feedback:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=Jemabo2

are the head same between the minibust and the statue?

I like the large statue...but there should be a different sculpt for a He-Man staction...say with his head up and his eyes visible. That's my only complaint, the He-Man mini bust's face is cocked downward as well. So, again yes...there should be a different sculpt for a He-Man staction.