Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: To all .ORGers who are trying to lose weight and those who are losing weight

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm on yet another diet. I feel like I'm never gonna get out of this cycle.

Never fear, I'm cycling right beside you. I do very well for a couple months and then I slide right back into my old habits. It's so frustrating (especially with my heart and diabetic problems.) I have stabilized my blood glucose levels, but want to lose the weight so I can do so without a ton of medication. So, if ya ever need to vent about dieting, just pm or email me hon! I will completely understand!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm on yet another diet. I feel like I'm never gonna get out of this cycle.
    I'm back to dieting again too. I was doing well for over a year, and then I moved out on my own about three months ago. I haven't really been watching what I was eating, so I gained a couple of pounds again. But nowhere near as extreme as before.

Just gotta keep exercising and watch what I eat till I'm back to my goal weight. I'm never gonna have that athletic look either, but I want to look healthy at least.

I am too. The last two months have been hell for me and I havent visited the gym as I should. Nor have I eaten as I should. Things are better now. I am grilling as I speak.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Co-Creator of the NV
    A little while back I lost 20-30 lbs or so. I wasn't really trying to lose it but it looks better off than on. I think I've stayed more or less consistent in weight since then.

I've been trying to shape up lately. I'm hit or miss. No strict dieting or anything, just being more mindful of what I eat and motivating myself to get up and go outside and exercise.

My eating habits have mostly changed, removing almost all fast food and limiting soda to only when there isn't any other choice (I will not drink restaurant water, eww). I eat much smaller portions but I eat more often as well.

For exercise I just find things to do outdoors. I've spent time cutting trees down (with an axe), jogging, geo-caching, distance biking and other similar things. The fresh air is doing me good as well. I have a gym membership as well but haven't gone in several months (canceling it asap).

I've gone from 210 to about 185 right now. My body fat percentage has visibly dropped from what it used to be. I'm not really toned any, but it is one of my goals. I'm not trying to look like a roid user, but to get some of my youthful definition back, that's the plan.

I put on loads of weight a few years back. I tried a few short lived attempts at dieting and exercise but I didn't keep it up so I have platued where I was. Motovation seems to be my problem, I can't seem to stick to the plans I set up for myself, but becoming a semi regular waking night worker didn't help. good luck and keep it up for all the orgers out there who are trying to shed some poundsl
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Several years ago I lost 40 lbs and 8” off my waist on the Atkins diet. I always hear, “I know someone who tried that and it didn’t work”. The problem is if you cheat even once every few days you’ll never burn that stored fat. But if you are diligent, the fat melts off. My brother, who was my inspiration, lost 90 lbs on the diet.

Tips for those who’ve considered the Atkins diet:

1. Just because you can eat a ton of meat and still lose weight doesn’t mean you have to eat a ton of meat. While it won’t affect weight loss, all that fat isn’t good for your arteries.

2. Plan for 20 grams of carbs a day but don’t get upset if you go slightly higher. Sometimes I ended up around 40-50 grams within a day and I was still losing. The average body requires roughly 100 grams of carbohydrates a day. So whether you take in 20 or 40 carbs, you’re still way under what your body requires, forcing your body to use that stored fat.

3. Don’t waste even 1 carb on junk. I’ve known people who’d eat nothing but meat and then have a 20 carb piece of chocolate. Make sure those few carbs are spent on something essential like vegetables.

4. Make sure to eat salad and/or vegetables or you’re going to get really backed up.

5. DON'T CHEAT. If you cheat, you’ll never stay in ketosis (when your body uses stored fat for energy).

Since my initial weight loss about 6 years ago, I’ve only gained back about 1” on my waist. I can’t really rely on measuring my weight since I’ve been lifting the last 2 years. I’d advise anyone who just can’t get to a gym (such as myself), and has the space, to buy some equipment. All I have is a weight machine, 2 lifting benches (one designed primarily for bench press and has a preacher curl pad, the other designed mainly for dumbbell curls and dumbbell presses), and plenty of barbells and dumbbells. I got all of my stuff for roughly under $400. Just check Craig’s list, etc. for good deals. I lift approximately an hour and 15 minutes, 3 times a week at my own home.

Heroic Warrior
    This week I finally reached my goal weight!
    I lost 42lbs over 21 months. Probably doesn't sound all that impressive when I say it like that - but the bulk of that weight I lost within the first 8 months.
    After many failed attempts over the past couple of years, I wanted to do it the healthy way this time around - I'm really glad I kept going.

How's everybody else doing?

Still on my diet.

I'm just sooooo hungry all the time and am constantly thinking about food / the next meal.
    You know, if you're constantly hungry on a particular diet then it isn't working for you and you shouldn't be on it. And btw, diet is a bad word with those on a weight loss quest...try thinking of it as an "eating plan". I'm an Aussie and so I deal with kgs rather than lbs but I had a really big wake-up call when I got hospitalised with a gallbladder infection last November. I was wearing size 24 & 26 clothing and weighed 113kg. After my hospitalisation I was told I had to follow a balanced low fat diet. Well I was stumped...I thought I was eating healthy anyways but I must admit I enjoyed the odd pizza, KFC, Hungry Jacks or McDonalds meals, not to mention to odd packet of crisps, sweets and desserts in general. So after I got out of hospital (and I vowed I'd never go back again with the same problem...it wasn't pleasant), I cut out butter/margarine on toast &/or sandwiches, cut out anything shallow or deep fried ditto processed packaged snacks & fizzy drinks loaded with sugar or saccharin. Diet fizzy drinks aren't any better for you. I'm really a drinker so alcohol didn't even figure in my diet before hospitalisation and so it wasn't an issue for, same goes for smoking...I'm not a smoker so I didn't have to battle demons to give that up. Instead my panrty and fridge is now packed with fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, cereals & grains. I drink planty of water.

It's a know fact that the body can sometimes fool itself into a hunger sensation if in fact the body is dehydrated so if you're constantly thinking about food, drink a glass of water first and then see if you're still hungry and if you are, snack on something healthy, a carrot or cucumber, or celery stick or apple. Get stuck into cooking and baking...far more healthier for you because you can make your own muffins, health bars etc and you can control how much fat and sugar goes into it (makes sense for diabetics too).

My big secret...I suffer from Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome and need to be consuming low carbs and low GI foods. Metabolism is the key...eat little and often rather than three huge square meals a day.

My typical day begins with a 3rd of a metric cup of plain rolled porridge oats with 1 tea spoon of brown sugar and a sprinkling of cinnamon and I add some plain light soy milk for a slightly nutty smooth consistency. Either a cup of tea or fruit juice with that. Then about 10.30am I have something for morning tea. Generally a cup of tea with a scone or health bar during winter or a small fruit salad with yoghurt. Then there's lunch followed by afternoon tea around 3pm then there's dinner about 6.30pm or 7pm (No later then 8pm otherwise food just sits in your gut until the morning). My meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) are small and small healthy snacks in between keep you mouth, digestive tract and your mind busy and not obsessing about food. Drink plenty of water in between these meals and a glass of water especially after activity of any kind even it is merely vacuuming or washing. Seriously, the body loses a lot of moisture and if you're a prolific sweater just sitting doing nothing like me then you need to rehydrate your body (not with fizzy drinks or cordials loaded with sugar because that actually makes you more thirsty).

Anyway enough of my rabbiting on. I have managed to come down to size 18 clothing now but I've still got a long way to. Ideally I should be able to wear a size 14 dress size for my body type and height. So I'm just going to keep on keeping on.

My weight loss 10 commandments:
    1) Eat when you're hungry stop when you're full
    2) Eat little and often to keep metabolism high
    3) Drink plenty of water
    4) Don't eat junk foods, stodgy (high fat) take away foods
    5) Eat plenty and a variety of fruits and vegetables
    6) Grill, bake, steam or boil foods (don't pan fry or deep fry)
    7) Think thin and you'll find yourself doing thin things like taking the stairs instead of the lift, walk if you don't need to drive
    8) It's ok to treat yourself with sweets but remember these are "sometimes foods" not staple necessities. If you can't stop at one or a small piece of cake then don't have the temptation around.
    9) Occupy yourself with things that keep the mind engaged so your not constantly bored and thinking of food. Many of us eat out of sheer boredom.
    10) Don't weigh yourself every day, it's sole destroying if you're actually losing it and the body goes up and down a kilo or so even in one day...anyone with irritable bowel syndrome can attest to that.

Brightest blessings folks, take it one day at a time and it won't seem like an insurmountable obstacle.
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Falcon View Post
    My typical day begins with a 3rd of a metric cup of plain rolled porridge oats with 1 tea spoon of brown sugar and a sprinkling of cinnamon and I add some plain light soy milk for a slightly nutty smooth consistency. Either a cup of tea or fruit juice with that. Then about 10.30am I have something for morning tea. Generally a cup of tea with a scone or health bar during winter or a small fruit salad with yoghurt. Then there's lunch followed by afternoon tea around 3pm then there's dinner about 6.30pm or 7pm (No later then 8pm otherwise food just sits in your gut until the morning). My meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) are small and small healthy snacks in between keep you mouth, digestive tract and your mind busy and not obsessing about food. Drink plenty of water in between these meals and a glass of water especially after activity of any kind even it is merely vacuuming or washing. Seriously, the body loses a lot of moisture and if you're a prolific sweater just sitting doing nothing like me then you need to rehydrate your body (not with fizzy drinks or cordials loaded with sugar because that actually makes you more thirsty).

Anyway enough of my rabbiting on. I have managed to come down to size 18 clothing now but I've still got a long way to. Ideally I should be able to wear a size 14 dress size for my body type and height. So I'm just going to keep on keeping on.

My weight loss 10 commandments:
    1) Eat when you're hungry stop when you're full
    2) Eat little and often to keep metabolism high
    3) Drink plenty of water
    4) Don't eat junk foods, stodgy (high fat) take away foods
    5) Eat plenty and a variety of fruits and vegetables
    6) Grill, bake, steam or boil foods (don't pan fry or deep fry)
    7) Think thin and you'll find yourself doing thin things like taking the stairs instead of the lift, walk if you don't need to drive
    8) It's ok to treat yourself with sweets but remember these are "sometimes foods" not staple necessities. If you can't stop at one or a small piece of cake then don't have the temptation around.
    9) Occupy yourself with things that keep the mind engaged so your not constantly bored and thinking of food. Many of us eat out of sheer boredom.
    10) Don't weigh yourself every day, it's sole destroying if you're actually losing it and the body goes up and down a kilo or so even in one day...anyone with irritable bowel syndrome can attest to that.

Brightest blessings folks, take it one day at a time and it won't seem like an insurmountable obstacle.
    Thanks for sharing - that makes a lot of sense. And I actually see a lot of what I've been trying to do in your regime.
    It is so true what you say - you shouldn't see it as a "diet". I'd like to go one step further and say it should be more than an "eating plan" even - it should be a "lifestyle".

BTW - has anyone seen this website? They have some great healthier alternatives to popular dishes.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I'm doing OK. I just got back from a 2-hour power walk. *collapses* hehe I've been working my ass of these last couple of months. I got some pretty good results in the first couple of weeks, but now that I've upped my walks to 2 hours (from 1 hour), it seems like the weight is staying the same. I hope to the gods this is all turning to muscle...lol
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I'm doing OK. I just got back from a 2-hour power walk. *collapses* hehe I've been working my ass of these last couple of months. I got some pretty good results in the first couple of weeks, but now that I've upped my walks to 2 hours (from 1 hour), it seems like the weight is staying the same. I hope to the gods this is all turning to muscle...lol
    It could just be that your body has gotten used to the type of exercise. I found that after following my exercise regime for a couple of weeks, I wasn't losing as much weight as before. So I was advised to do "shake things up" a little to avoid hitting a plateau.
    I've also found that sometimes it's not how much time I spend exercising, but rather the intensity of the exercise that does the trick.

I'm sure you'll continue to do just fine though, Tally. Best of luck!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Its really intresting reading everyones personal eperiences of losing weight. It's a massive thing in my life. Every since I can remember I have been either climbing up or sliding down the BMI scale. I never seem to be able to maintaine for very long before my waist line starts to get itchy feet.

There have been quite a few trauma's within my cirlce of family and friends over the past year and lets say I have returned to the old habbits of stuffing my face to deal with things. About a year ago I had managed to get down to about 185 lbs, which I was really happy with. (I am over 6ft tall and was big as a teenager). But over the last year I have put back on about 100 pounds. I am thinking of having the gastric band fitted to help me maintain my weight loss this time, but I have to amdit I am finding it really hard to motovate my self to start trying to lose weight all over again. Has anyone here ever lost a big amount of weight and then put it back on before trying to lose it again?

I was only wondering if anyone had any tips on getting back on the wagon after you have fallen off in royal style?

I have never been a gym kind of guy, but even my doctor is pushing me to give it a go now. She just gave me a free membership to a really nice local gym. But just the thought of walking in there the way I am at the moment, being looked and laughed at by all the pumped up regulars is seriously putting me off. Logically I know this isn't really true, but I just cant seem to get this through my head.

I don't know if any of you have ever been to the UK, but I live in Cornwall and it is one of Europe's major surfing mecca's. Everywhere I look at the moment there are guys who look like He-Man in longer, less furry shorts carrying a board. it's kind of intimidating at times. I know I just need to get over myself and get in there! I keep setting dates but they come and go and I don't seem to have walked through the gym doors. I have never really put out a request for advise on the org before, but if anyone has any they would like to share it would be appreciated.

Yes, I lost 180 lbs in 2001 to 2002, got married in 2004 and got back up to 370 lbs. I started to diet and exersize on July 1st and lost 8lbs so far. I stopped drinking beer and am tring hard this time. If I can not do it I will get that gastric band.

Hey everyone,

I'm probably not the best person to offer some advice here since I've never had a problem with my weight, but I will let you guys know some of my eating habits that come in handy for maintaining my weight.

I am 5'10" and weigh around 155lbs. I've pretty much weighed the same ever since high school and I have what would be considered a slim/athletic body. There have been a few periods in the past 5 years where I would temporarily gain weight from eating too much (i.e. holiday time), but then I'd quickly lose it. In fact, early in 2008, I realized that I was tipping the scale around 175lbs. I by no means looked overweight, but when I saw pictures of myself, I realized how my face looked a bit bigger and how my stomach didn't look fit. LOL, I soon realized that my typical size small clothing was looking a bit snug...haha

Anyway, I had an employee that was pretty slender, and she introduced me to the whole Weight Watchers point system. I decided to give it a try because while I could pretty much eat what I want without gaining weight, I still wanted to maintain good weight and also make HEALTHIER choices about my food intake. I was a bit skeptical about the point system, but I think it works great!! In fact, it helped me lose over 20 lbs last year when I wanted to take my weight down (and I lose it very quickly).

What I did was calculate my daily point allowance, and then shaved off a few points in order to adhere to a slightly smaller limit (I think I still have a scan of the book if anyone wants). Then, I started subbing the higher fat/point foods for things that were low fat and less points.

Here are some examples:
    - I ONLY eat whole wheat bread items
    - I eat whole wheat english muffins in place of whole wheat bagels
    - I substitute sugar-free Jello in place of ice cream (the jello tastes great when made with Kerns nectar juice)
    - I eat a lot of beans (great source of fiber, which is key in the program). Pretty much any bean is good for you. I generally eat black or white beans.
    - I eat a lot of chicken...simply grilled on a George Forman grill
    - about once a week I will eat something I really want
    - whole grain rice in place of white rice
    - Skinny Cow ice creams are the best....only 2 points!!
    - I try to eat a lot of high fiber foods, which help promote weight loss

Anyway, I'm sure you all get the point. Now that I'm used to making better choices about what I eat, the program is very easy to follow. Plus, you start learning to read labels better for calories/total fat/fiber content. Now, I'm easily able to guesstimate what the points are.

I guess the best part is that you eat what you want, but you know that if it's high in points you will have less room for other foods during the day.

Also, there's a great website my employee showed me called Dotti's Weight Loss Zone, which focuses on weight watchers. The website has a listing of many restaurants, and it tells you the estimated points for many items on the menu.....very helpful when going out and watching what you eat!

www.dwlz.com

Now that I am back on the ice training again, I have been exercising A LOT in addition to eating very well. My goal is to get down closer to 150lbs to be at a more optimal skating weight. I'm getting ready to post a pic in the summer thread once I think my body is "cut" looking hahaha.

Last advice...keep at it. The first week or two always seem difficult, but once you're in a routine, you quickly lose that urge to want to eat bad foods, or eat too much. Like anything, it's just something you train yourself to do. It's just important, as always, to make sure the changes you do make are ones that are for a healthier lifestyle...starving yourself is never the answer

ETA: here's the point calculator I sometimes use http://www.webmilhouse.com/pointcalc.php
    Last edited by scootie12; July 30, 2009 at 01:04pm.

Heroic Warrior
    In the last week of January, I started a "low carb" diet. By May, I was down 40 lbs. Late May and June I was on the road a lot and it was hard to keep up, so I gained some weight back. I've since lost it and I'm back to more than 40 lbs down. I have to agree with Faker II... the longer you go without cheating, the faster the weight comes off. There are a lot of low carb snack bars out there for when you need a treat. I don't do the whole Atkins thing though... I just try to eat as few carbs as possible... no breads, no potatoes, etc. (A lot of restaurants will let you sub a small salad instead of fries or other sides). I also try to avoid any of the sugar alcohols... I just can't stand them... My goal is to lose at least another 20 lbs by Thanksgiving.

Bang your head!!!
    I gained a few pounds over the past 8 months I was without a job and had a girlfriend (we always went out to eat).
    I can't even fit into my regular jeans anymore. I wake up in the morning with a stomach ache, and at work I hold my tummy in and it gets pretty sore from doing that for 6 hours.
    With this next pay check I get, I am joing a gym... No more being sneaked in at my buddys gym...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Movie mayhem!
    I went to a hypnotist at Stanford last week. . . apparently I'm one of those 1 in 4 who can't be hypnotized :-(

This is good workout music...

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Iīve started taekwondo in September 2008 and until now... 20 kgs (44 pounds) lost, I was 110 kg (242,5 pounds) and now I have 90 kg (198.4 pounds)... of pure muscle... well not pure, but now I can see it under the skin... and I can jump and run now...
    Iīve become half vegetarian too, I only eat meat and candies 1 time on the week...

I had to buy new clothes...
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by asharachal View Post
    2 weeks in now, and i've lost nearly 12 pounds. it's such a good feeling wearing clothes that were tight a month ago and now are not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses31 View Post
    Iīve started taekwondo in September 2008 and until now... 20 kgs (44 pounds) lost, I was 110 kg (242,5 pounds) and now I have 90 kg (198.4 pounds)... of pure muscle... well not pure, but now I can see it under the skin... and I can jump and run now...
    Iīve become half vegetarian too, I only eat meat and candies 1 time on the week...

I had to buy new clothes...
    Great job, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycon View Post
    Thanks for sharing - that makes a lot of sense. And I actually see a lot of what I've been trying to do in your regime.
    It is so true what you say - you shouldn't see it as a "diet". I'd like to go one step further and say it should be more than an "eating plan" even - it should be a "lifestyle".

BTW - has anyone seen this website? They have some great healthier alternatives to popular dishes.
    Calling it an 'eating plan' instead of a diet is simply baby steps towards making your consistent eating plan a way of life or in your words a "lifestyle". But that said, my heart goes out to everyone who is struggling with their weight and their self image issues. My own progress is going slowly but surely, which all my friends tell me is the best way to lose weight and that way it has a better chance of staying off. I often wonder how many of The Biggest Loser contestants just end up putting all that weight back on...you only ever hear about the success stories. On brighter note...there's a no guilt, eat-what-you-want approach to weight loss by Paul McKenna. I saw his programme I Can Make You Thin on the tv last Friday (Sydney, Australia) and for anyone who is interested there is a website if you want to know more http://www.mckenna.com/default.aspx He has some jaw dropping eye openers about society's assumptions about food and eating.
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

Movie mayhem!
    I gained a lot of weight after my friend was killed 4 years ago. i've been trying to loose the weight pretty much for the last 3 of those years with little to no success. I have 2 or 3 days that go great and then something stressful happens and I just can't cope without my "fix". I feel like its an addiction. I even went to a hypnotherapist this summer but it didn't work.

Anyway I'm happy to say that I am 31 days now without cheating on my eating plan once and I've lost 37 pounds. Over a pound a day!!! I attribute that mostly to the fact that I'm a big guy 6'4 and very broad. Eventually i'm assuming i'll stop loosing weight so fast... Anyway I still have a lot more I want to loose, but I'm off to a really good start and seem to have finally gotten myself on a roll. I'm the type of person that the more good days I have the less likely i am to fall off because I don't want to ruin my day count. So this is really good.

Basically this is all i'm doing.

Eating under 2600 cal a day
    NO soda
    NO pizza, mexican, chinese, or fast food
    other than that I can eat what I want.
    BUT
    and this is the biggest thing
    i have to eat every 3 hours.

That three hours thing has been HUGE for me. For one I don't get hungry so i'm more likely to make good choices and eat smaller portions.

I gotta say loosing this weight has impacted my life and life style immensely! Its such a freaking hard thing to do.. like i said I struggled for 3 years and I still have a ways to go, but its definitly possible. You just have to take it one day at a time. Take the focus off your long term goal and put it on just doing the right thing THAT DAY.
    Last edited by Patreek; October 20, 2009 at 05:03pm.

Donīt forget to exercise your body, he need to adapt to the new wight and some exercise will help him.

Fat walking and stretching are the right way to start, then try to run and jump. It will make your heart to work faster and help your body to eliminate and rebuild mass.

If you only do diet, food plan or similar, without exercise, you will lose weight... but you will not adapt your body properly.

Iīm canīt explain it better because of my English but, to all the people that are trying to lose weight with diet only... please take time to research the benefits of exercise combined with your food plan.

This is a female focused site but, we the man, can learn with it to. http://www.womenfitness.net/top10_losing_weight.htm

And from net Doctor: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_ad...loseweight.htm

And donīt forget, we are all different, so we have to adapt everything to our own situation.
    Last edited by Ulisses31; October 20, 2009 at 05:08pm.
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Movie mayhem!
    I've been going to the gym and running a couple times a week. I plan on going every day eventually but 1. Things have just been too busy in my life to do that and 2. I was thinking I'd wait till I hit a weight plateau and use that to re jumpstart my weight loss. They say when you his a plateau you need to switch something up, and excersize can be a good tool for that.

You are right though even if you are loosing weight your body needs the excersize. I know the first two weeks I wasn't running and while I could see a difference it was NOTHING compared to the weeks I was going to the gym. My mood also improved as did my energy levels.

I know I need to eat right, exercise, and lose some weight, but for the life of me I can't seem to find the motivation or energy to do so
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.