Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: To all .ORGers who are trying to lose weight and those who are losing weight

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I ended up having weight-loss surgery since the last time I replied in this thread. I originally lost 100 pounds during the first 11 months, but over this winter I have gained back about 15 pounds. Need to get back to my exercise regimen.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I have lost a total of 70lbs and am down to a 16% body fat. My goal is 8-10%. I have learned the scale does not really tell you the information you need to know. I have really gotten into fitness over the last year and have met some great people with plenty of advise to give. One gal is 40 years old and has six kids and in a week she will be doing a physique competition. She went from being a "cardio bunny" to a weight trainer, gained 25lbs and went down in body fat.
    Most fitness people have a saying, "abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym". Basically if it can't go bad on the shelf within a week it is bad for you and not considered "clean eating". I have gone down in body fat percentage lately while upping my calorie intake by almost 500 per day.
    If anybody wants any help or motivation let me know. I would be happy to share what I have learned.

It's never too late to lose guys. When I turned 40, I weighed 425 lbs. In the past 2 years, I've lost a total of 110 lbs. What I did was set small goals. first,I wanted under 400, then I wanted to be able to weigh on a normal scale at the dr's office (350lbs) and my next goal is under 300 (only 15 to go). After that, I still want to lose about 50 more. Anything under 250 won't look healthy for my large frame. Already, I'm noticing changes in my blood pressure and bloodsugar levels.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    five times a day and smaller portions on each meal. More grain, less white wheat) and in the first five weeks I've lost 6 kilos. My intention was not to lose weight, but it is a welcome side-product.
    I stopped eating red meat on January 1 (and by red meat, I mean all mammals). I wasn't doing it to lose weight, but I've lost 7 pounds, and have done nothing else to lose weight during that time. It was only supposed to be for a couple of months, but I'm carrying on with it for now as I surprisingly don't really miss it, and I feel pretty good.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    It's never too late to lose guys. When I turned 40, I weighed 425 lbs. In the past 2 years, I've lost a total of 110 lbs. What I did was set small goals. first,I wanted under 400, then I wanted to be able to weigh on a normal scale at the dr's office (350lbs) and my next goal is under 300 (only 15 to go). After that, I still want to lose about 50 more. Anything under 250 won't look healthy for my large frame. Already, I'm noticing changes in my blood pressure and bloodsugar levels.
    Awesome rhea! Congrats!!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

I'm trying to. I've also been recently activly trying to stop regular soda. I've been using diet soda, and trying to find ways to move on from that to tea, water, etc. It's soooo hard. I congradulate the thread opener. I think it's making a difference and have been feeling more alert, so so far, so good.