View Poll Results: Who's your favorite Horde villainess?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shadow Weaver

55 39.57%
  • Catra

41 29.50%
  • Scorpia

14 10.07%
  • Octavia

5 3.60%
  • Entrapta

14 10.07%
  • I can't decide

6 4.32%
  • I don't care for any of them

4 2.88%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's your favorite Horde villainess?

clearly, Scorpia!

I love them all, and I'm especially happy they have now all been covered as releases in MOTU classics, more or less looking like their awesome cartoon counterparts.

I chose Shadow Weaver because I always like the creepy witchy look of her, and I love that she just hovers in mid air all the time. I also love that she was once a good witch, Light Spinner and that she has a particular rivalry with Castaspella. None of the other girls have such well defined origins (at least not in the 80s show) as SW.

I do get a lot of amusement from Catra and Scorpia though, especially when they are forced to work together.
    Catra is so conniving and sneaky, and I've got to admit her Eartha Kitt voice grew on me more as an adult (sometimes it's SO out of control it cracks me up).
    Scorpia is such a dolt I love it. She always falls for that being spun around and tossed by her tail trick.

Always liked Scorpia...so that's my vote. Shadow Weaver is too obvious a choice...she WAS / IS the best one, however Scorpia, Catra and Octavia were all pretty darn cool and deserve some love...

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerofGygor View Post
    Always liked Scorpia...so that's my vote. Shadow Weaver is too obvious a choice...she WAS / IS the best one, however Scorpia, Catra and Octavia were all pretty darn cool and deserve some love...
    I still get bummed out when I watch my DVDs that Scorpia was completely excluded from season 2...how could they do that to an established character? She was such a unique character on the show and a stand-out member of The Horde...*sigh*...oh well, just have to bask in what Scorpia love there is in season 1.
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

I would have to go with Shadow Weaver over the jealous beauty. Seems this poll has turned into a two woman race with Scorpia and Entrapta fighting it out at a distant third. But if you looked at my action figure collection you would have found Scorpia and Entrapta sitting on my shelf for sometime whereas I just picked up a Catra and Shadow Weaver MotuC this week.
    Ye be strong, but Garn shall win. HIYAH!

Shadow Weaver all the way.

I've only watched 13 episodes of She-Ra so far (in the last 30 years, at least, and I don't remember it from when I was 4 very well!) but Catra is shaping up to be amazing! I loved the scene in The Peril of Whispering Woods where she was using rebel prisoners as a coconut shy, seemingly just for the evil fun of it!

Heroic Warrior
    We at least know one secret why the Evil Horde successfully rules an empire of planets . Gender Equality .
    Correct me if i am wrong but i dont believe Hordak ever played the male sexist card on his extremely loyal and effective "girls" . Of course the shows target audience kinda explains that one but its still interesting .

Its one of those funny things that made POP so interesting to watch . I am sure I am not the only 8 year old boy who thought . Whoa thats alot of evil girls .

Thats something The great Rebellion , Eternos and Snake Mountain cannot boast about , Except of course The Snakemen who must all be hermaphrodites . When i talk of the great rebellion i mean the males are second class citizens .

"The princess has fainted " Beastman
    "Ha ha just like a woman " Skeletor

Its a crying shame 200X did not take the hint . They missed a great opportunity to evolve and add a new dimension to the franchise.
    Last edited by MOLKROM; March 7, 2016 at 08:39am.

Quote Originally Posted by MOLKROM View Post
    We at least know one secret why the Evil Horde successfully rules an empire of planets . Gender Equality .
    Correct me if i am wrong but i dont believe Hordak ever played the male sexist card on his extremely loyal and effective "girls" . Of course the shows target audience kinda explains that one but its still interesting .

Its one of those funny things that made POP so interesting to watch . I am sure I am not the only 8 year old boy who thought . Whoa thats alot of evil girls .

Thats something The great Rebellion , Eternos and Snake Mountain cannot boast about , Except of course The Snakemen who must all be hermaphrodites . When i talk of the great rebellion i mean the males are second class citizens .

"The princess has fainted " Beastman
    "Ha ha just like a woman " Skeletor

Its a crying shame 200X did not take the hint . They missed a great opportunity to evolve and add a new dimension to the franchise.
    Yeah it's definitely interesting. I liked how the horde had plenty of women. And even Adora and then Catra as force captain. And Shadow Weaver as right hand woman/witch

I think they did a good job regarding gender equality. You had a lot of girls in trouble (Glimmer, Angella, Peekablue etc) and a few guys (Bow being the main one here) ... But then you had strong characters from both genders outside of just she-ra ... Like Frosta and Sea Hawk for example.

My vote ultimately went to Shadow Weaver. But to break it up a bit:

Cartoon: Shadow Weaver
    Figure: Entrapta
    Other Media: Catra

Shadow Weaver is by far the best villainess in the cartoon, but nothing can beat Entrapta for doll design. I still love her! Catra is my favorite in the books and comics. She was always so troublesome!

Heroic Warrior
    Umm lets see ....

Force Captain Adora is my favorite horde gal .

Quote Originally Posted by MOLKROM
    I disagree . There were still more boys than girls in the Horde . We only talking like 5 extra girls if we compare it to Skeletor .

The Horde was successful because Adora,s face was slapped on all the Horde recruitment posters .

606187ab02c0e1d627689ab0a092b5b2.jpg

Citizens of Etheria .
    Horde Prime needs you .
    Join your sector militia
    Bring order to our world
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lokus; February 17, 2017 at 06:24am.

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvid View Post
    I liked how the horde had plenty of women. And even Adora and then Catra as force captain.
    I wish one episode they would have produced after SOTS would have been a story where Hordak realizes he has to name a new Force Captain, and both Scorpia and Catra step up to the plate each expecting it to be her, but being annoyed when they realize the other wants to compete for the position. Then they have to pull out all stops and try to show Hordak their strengths on why each of them should inherit the title of Force Captain. That would have been something to see Scorpia seethe and steam when Hordak chooses Catra, who meowingly gloats her granted authority over Scorpia---oh man, what an episode that would be!
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

My favourite has to be Shadow Weaver too. From as far as I could recall from watching the She-Ra movie as a kid I loved Shadow Weaver. She was scary as hell. I adored Catra and Scorpia too, they were always in second place. Only now as an adult did I ever see the rest of the series and got to know Octavia and Entrapta. Both cool, but those three were my favourites and since I finally scored a MOC Shadow Weaver just earlier this month, she gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    I wish one episode they would have produced after SOTS would have been a story where Hordak realizes he has to name a new Force Captain, and both Scorpia and Catra step up to the plate each expecting it to be her, but being annoyed when they realize the other wants to compete for the position. Then they have to pull out all stops and try to show Hordak their strengths on why each of them should inherit the title of Force Captain. That would have been something to see Scorpia seethe and steam when Hordak chooses Catra, who meowingly gloats her granted authority over Scorpia---oh man, what an episode that would be!
    That would've made a fantastic episode! I can totally see how it would play out. Too bad it never happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Only now as an adult did I ever see the rest of the series and got to know Octavia and Entrapta. Both cool, but those three were my favourites and since I finally scored a MOC Shadow Weaver just earlier this month, she gets my vote.
    I'm in the same boat. Loved the Entrapta figure as a kid, but I don't think I ever actually saw her in an episode of the show until I was an adult (along with many of the other second wave figures). I remember thinking the character I had created for Entrapta was a lot cooler than her representation in the Filmation cartoon.

I love them all, but if I had to choose one probably Catra, always had a thing for that cat lady. As for toy it's a toss up between Scorpia and Octavia.

Snake Men Enthusiast QueenQuetzale's Avatar
    I'm a huge Catra fan. I even listed her as one of my Top 10 fave villainesses in general.
    WARNING: FANGIRL AHEAD

Filmation Most Loved: Hordak, Catra, Sorceress
    NA Most Loved: Crita, Hoove
    MYP Most Loved: Skeletor, Orko, Snake Men
    MOTUC Most Wanted: MYP Skeletor, MYP Kobra Khan, Enchantress