View Poll Results: Royalt1us' 3rd Annual Fan Based Character Contest Round 2 Poll #5

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • AN-GAR

25 25.77%
  • FLAP-FRIGHT

23 23.71%
  • HIPROAR

28 28.87%
  • SAP-ZAP

11 11.34%
  • THANATOS

10 10.31%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Royalt1us' 3rd Annual Fan Based Character Contest Round 2 Poll #5

Eternian Sculpter Wannabe Royalt1us's Avatar

Royalt1us' 3rd Annual Fan Based Character Contest Round 2 Poll #5

Here we go with Round 2 Poll #5. THE BIOS.

Now, I just want to reiterate my hope in the outcome of this contest each year. I hope that we come up with a unique Fan Created Character that really adds something to MOTU. I hope to see something unlike anything in MOTU so far, yet able to fit right in as well. That being said, I think all the characters are great and I wish everyone the best of luck!

You can only vote for your 1 character in this poll. The winner of this poll will move onto this years final. If no character gets 35% of the vote, or 10% more than second place, there will be a run off between the 2 top characters.

This poll will be up for 4 days.

Votes cast in this poll are made public, so don't vote if you don't want anyone to know who you voted for.

Feel free to post your own pics of these characters in this thread.
    Here are the characters in 3rd poll of Round 2:

Bigger pics will be posted below. You will notice that I have added, or changed, a few things, on a couple characters. This is my chance to add my ideas to the mix, for better or worse. I hope you all enjoy them.

PLEASE POST ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION and PICS ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER IN THIS THREAD!

Now cast your vote and spread the word!

Good luck to all!
    Check out ROYAL-T's Customs at:
    Dinner Table Creations

WRAPTOR, LAVA_SHARK, PO-LAR, LAVA-SHARK v.2 (Might-Bite), EMPRISSS, SPY-FLY, and OOZOR, are all available now.

Here are the bigger pics:
    AN-GAR

FLAP-FRIGHT

HIPROAR : possible 2nd head, or alternater head

SAP-ZAP

THANATOS
    Dinner Table Creations

WRAPTOR, LAVA_SHARK, PO-LAR, LAVA-SHARK v.2 (Might-Bite), EMPRISSS, SPY-FLY, and OOZOR, are all available now.

Didn't think I'd vote for her... until I saw the drawing... Hiproar is AWESOME!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Didn't think I'd vote for her... until I saw the drawing... Hiproar is AWESOME!
    gotta agree with baena....hiproar is awesome

also now actually having copperhead and seeing how great he is...I think hiproar would be fantastic

Co-Creator of the NV
    Firstly I wanna say WOW. Thank you sooo much for these pics. My guys look great!

Anyways, here's the bios and art:
    An-Gar, formerly Wrath

Edited to add oICEMANo's excellent colors.

Warlock of Raging Fury

Origin
    A little over 21 years ago, Alexander’s father, Krismus, a Gar man known for his excellent skills as a blacksmith, began working for Prince Keldor, a man trying to take over Eternia. Krismus had never been happy with the Eternian nobility, feeling that the Gars were treated unfairly. With Keldor, a man whose Gar heritage was obvious, he felt that the Gars would finally be given the respect that they deserved.

Krismus faithfully made weapons for Keldor’s troops, feeling that the rebellion was just. However, over time as he saw how Keldor treated the villages that he succeeded in taking over, his faith in Keldor began to wane. Feeling that Keldor was nothing more than a tyrannical despot, Krismus chose to help the Eternian royal family instead, helping to arm their soldiers. Before Krismus could leave, Keldor learnt of his plans and ordered Beastman to capture the family.

At the time of their capture, Alexander was only 4 years old. Keldor, being a truly sadistic and sick creature, forced Alexander to watch as his father was tortured and finally killed by Beastman. What Alexander was forced to watch Skeletor’s troops do to his mother, is best left unsaid. After Alexander’s parents had been dispatched, Keldor was going to simply put Alexander to death, but Evil Lyn told Keldor that perhaps he could be put to better use. Instead of simply killing the child, why not mold him into a loyal servant of Keldor?

Alexander, his mind already warped by the demise of his parents, was further twisted and turned by Keldor (later Skeletor) and his magic. Evil Lyn raised the child, subtly torturing him and desensitizing him, turning him into the perfect weapon for Skeletor. Over the years, Alexander grew up strong and fanatically loyal to Skeletor.

From a young age, Alexander was trained in the arts of war. Triklops taught him swordsmanship, while Whiplash taught him unarmed melee combat. Beastman taught him about nature, helping him become a keen tracker and hunter. Evil Lyn and Skeletor himself taught him magic, seeing that he was a natural sorceror.

Alexander is now 25 years old and Skeletor feels it is time for Eternia’s champions to learn of his existence. He has taken on a new name, An-Gar. The darkness is here.

Personality and Appearance

Being a Gar, An-Gar’s skin is blue. He is about 5’11 and weighs 160 lbs. His body is tightly muscled and his flesh is crisscrossed with scars. Some of the scars are from the conditioning that he received at the hands of Evil Lyn and Skeletor and some of it is self inflicted with a ritualistic dagger. Alexander wears some plate mail armor, with exposed arms and stomach. The scars are plainly visible on his exposed flesh and glow brighter as he uses his hate magic. An-Gar also wears a half-mask that covers part of his face and acts as some added protection.

An-Gar is a cold and cruel man. He has little interest in conversation and prefers to be left alone. When he wants something from someone, he takes it. Needless to say, Eternian women prefer not to gain his attention.

He seldom shows emotion, yet he is filled with a cold rage. Unlike those whose anger is hot, he never loses control. It instead strengthens him, making him more precise and deadly.

He has no memory of his parents anymore. His past is blocked, partially because of the horrors he saw, partially due to the warping effects of Evil Lyn and Skeletor’s magic.

An-Gar’s facial appearance is something that has led to much debate as to the truth of his lineage. He looks much like Keldor himself once did, but no one is sure why. Some think that perhaps Keldor sired An-Gar behind Krismus’ back, while others think that perhaps Krismus was in some way distantly related to Keldor through Keldor’s Gar heritage, while others feel that perhaps Skeletor’s magic is the reason. Those who think that it is due to Skeletor’s magic feel that Skeletor has grown close to the boy views him as a possible heir, feeling that the future ruler of Eternia should share his natural features. In the end, no one knows the truth. It may simply be coincidence, but none have had the courage to ask Skeletor the truth.

Skills and Powers
    An-Gar inherited Krismus’ skill as a blacksmith and works to supply Skeletor’s troops with high quality melee weapons. For himself, he has created a sword and battle axe, feeling that a shield would be unneeded for one with his skills.

He is a well trained sorceror, focusing primarily on offensive skills and a few shield spells. He doesn’t care much for entrapment magic, figuring that it is much more efficient to either kill or cripple his opponents.

An-Gar has mastered a rare and valuable form of magic that few can ever master. As his anger increases, all of his skills increase as well. His strength grows, although it will never grow to the levels of He-Man or Thanatos, it becomes high enough to be a suitable match for just about any other warrior on Eternia. His senses improve, to the point where they will match the senses of many animals, for instance his sense of smell improves to the point where he can track his prey and his vision improves to the point where he can effectively see in the dark. When using a bow he becomes much more accurate, and his swordsmanship improves to a point where it rivals Eternia’s greatest warriors. Even his magical abilities increase to the point where his offensive attacks are comparable to those of Evil Lyn or Count Marzo. Because of this magical power, his weakness is that his abilities decrease drastically when he is calmed down and his rage subsides, to the point where he simply has the skills of an exceptionally well trained, yet human warrior.

Thantos

Bio: Kane, a young beggar and thief, never expected to amount to much in life. But one day that all changed when he came across the Dark Sword of Power, a second power sword made by King Grayskull to ensure that his inner darkness would not corrupt the future hero of Eternia. Holding the sword over his head, he shouted, “By the dark power of Grayskull, I am a God” and the powers of Grayskull transformed Kane into Thanatos, the Scourge of Eternia. Thanatos intends to be the next king of Eternia, and those who stand in his way will pay.

Powers/Appearance: Thanatos has a physique similar to that of He-Man, but differs in that his skin is grey. His head looks similar to that of the comic book character Ripclaw. He has all the strength, power and wisdom of He-Man, but is totally evil.

Long Version:
    Part 1: The He-Ro Connection

Many millennia ago, there was a man who came to be known as He-Ro. He-Ro was the first to learn to harness the magical powers that would someday be better known as the magic that empowers He-Man.

He-Ro’s powers were unmatched then and now. His strength was that of He-Man, yet unlike He-Man, he had direct access to the powers. As a consequence, he was able to fully wield them as a wizard, which is something that later beneficiaries of the power wouldn’t be able to do.

He-Ro was trained by a wise old wizard named Eldor. He was the one who taught He-Ro how to wield the powers of magic.

However, He-Ro was only a man and no man can truly embody and control the full power without having to pay a price. Although He-Ro fought many battles and won, in the end he finally lost to his own weakness, being human. No human body could ever contain the full power, and years of using it withered away his once strong physique, ending in his death.

Torn apart by He-Ro’s death, Eldor swore that no other would suffer the same fate. As a consequence, he saw to it that his spirit form would live on after the death of his human body.

Many years would pass before the power would be used again.

Part 2: The King Grayskull Connection

The next to wield the power was King Grayskull. Grayskull, like He-Ro before him, had an unusual bond with the power. The spirit of Eldor strived to ensure that he would never pay the price that He-Ro had.

Eldor told Grayskull that he would have to create a conduit for the power. Something that focuses and refines it, so that his human body wouldn’t come into direct contact with it. To fulfill this goal, Eldor instructed Grayskull to build castle Grayskull, over the site where the power entered Eternia. Furthermore, as a focus for the power, Grayskull was instructed to create a power sword.

King Grayskull knew that as good a man as he was, he like all other men, had a dark side to him. He was well aware of the evil that he was capable of. He didn’t want that evil to be part of the power sword, because of how it could corrupt the wielder. As a consequence, he created two swords. One was the power sword that King Grayskull himself wielded and would eventually be wielded by He-Man. The other was a sword that embodied all the darkness and evil that was inside King Grayskull. This sword was identical to the power sword, but was black as polished obsidian.

With the help of Castle Grayskull and the power sword, King Grayskull was able to access the magical powers, but not to the extent that He-Ro had been able to. As a consequence, his only power was that of incredible strength, lacking the mystical might that He-Ro once had. Because of King Grayskull and the castle he left of the same name, the power became known as the power of Grayskull. In the future, all people who wielded the power sword would have the same powers of King Grayskull, as well as inherit his wisdom.

The black sword was hidden away, with the hope that it would never be found.

Part 3: The Anti-He-Man

Around the time of Prince Adam’s birth, another boy was born, far away from the Royal Palace. Unlike Adam, whose life was filled with joy and comfort, this boy’s life was filled with misery and despair. His mother died while giving birth and his father was an abusive drunk. When the boy was 8, his father attacked him during one of his drunken tirades, and the boy finally fought back. Grasping a nearby dagger, he ran towards his father and thrust the blade into his chest. As luck would have it, the blade buried itself deep in his father’s heart. The boy pulled out the dagger and was covered in a fountain of blood. Stepping away from his father’s writhing body, he knew that he would have to run away and never return to his home. The boy’s name was Kane.

The next few years, Kane had to fend for himself. Eternia is know for its beauty and grandeur, but few ever hear of the seedy underbelly found in cities outside of the home of the palace of Eternos. Kane spent the next few years fending for himself, avoiding the pedophiles and killers, stealing what he could to survive. As time went on, Kane grew up to be a rather small, yet tightly muscled man. He only reached a height of about 5’6 and a weight of 130 lbs, but his muscles were wiry and strong. Kane was known for his nasty temper and quickness with a dagger. Most seeing him wouldn’t have considered him a threat, but those who knew him knew that due to his temperament and total ignorance of civility knew that he was a danger to any who crossed him.

Eventually, Kane chose to leave the city and head out to lands unknown. While wandering through one of Eternia’s many large and overgrown jungles, he tripped and fell through a hole in the ground. He tumbled for a few moments, eventually hitting the hard rock ground in what appeared to be an underground cavern. No light was able to get in from the outside, so Kane felt through his bag to a can of gasoline, some clothes and a walking stick he had been using. Wrapping the rags around the stick and dousing them with gasoline, he fashioned himself a makeshift torch that he used to explore his surroundings.

Walking around the small underground room, he saw that it was completely empty, with the exception of a small altar that had a large obsidian sword placed on it. Walking towards the sword, he shone the light of the torch on the blade and he made out an engraving on the altar below it. It said, “here lies the dark power of Grayskull”. Thinking it was just some nonsense, he picked up the sword, figuring that if nothing else it could be sold at a high price. However, when he picked up the sword, he felt an energy in it, something he had never felt before. In his mind he head, “you have been chosen. Hold the sword over your head and state, ‘By the dark power of Grayskull, I am a God’”

Naturally, Kane thought he had finally lost his mind. Hearing things generally leads to trouble, but he also figured that it couldn’t hurt to try. So he held the sword over his head and shouted, “By the dark power of Grayskull, I am a God”

The cavern was shaken by thunder and lighting. When the smoke cleared, there stood Thanatos, He-Man’s first true equal.

Crawling through the hole that he fell through, Thanatos went back to the surface. He set off, leaving the few possessions of his former life behind, thinking them nothing more than trinkets that a man of his stature would never need again.

Walking a number of miles, Thanatos came to the conclusion that he was above walking like a commoner. A voice inside him said, “choose your steed”. Walking further, he saw ravenous wolf tearing at the carcass of a deer. Smiling to himself, he knew he had found a suitable animal. Pointing his sword at the wolf, a surge of power shot forth, engulfing the blood soaked creature. When the blinding lights ceased, where there was once a regular wolf, was now a large wolf-like creature, with fangs like a saber tooth tiger, wearing a harness suitable for a king.

Looking at his new steed and sword, Thanatos was happy. In Eternia, the time of light had passed, nightfall had come.

Part 4: Description of Anti-He-Man

His body has a similar size and build to He-Man. Unlike He-Man, his skin is a stony grey, similar to the skin of the Shadow Warriors of the Planet Hulk story. Actually, he looks a lot like Hiroim from the same story.

His hair is black and I think it is likely tied back in a pony tail. His eyes are black. There is no iris or sclera to be seen. Just a black orb.

His clothing I am not sure about. Likely leather based stuff. Black will be the primary color, although there might be some red and dark purple as well.

His powers and skills are precisely that of He-Man. Unlike everyone else who He-Man comes against, his strength is a perfect match for He-Man. Furthermore, there are no deus ex machina bs methods of beating him. He doesn’t have any special “secret weakness”, because neither does He-Man. However, unlike He-Man, he is willing to kill and is more than happy to do so.
    Last edited by Darth Latveria; February 4, 2008 at 06:02pm.

an-gar....all the way ...but i have yet to pick the winner in these semi finals....but hers to hoping i am wrong this time around

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    An-Gar, Flap-Fright and Hip-Roar really stood out for me, though I prefer Hiproar's animal face.

In the end, gotta be Flap Fright, more bug like creatures are needed, ad I like the design.

Loving all th eextra details on An-Gar and Hip Roar's armour.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Heroic Warrior

Hiproar!!!

I think Hiproar is an awesome idea! Just a suggestion. How about creating a helmet to go with her armor that resembles a hippo instead of an animal face. I like the face, but it seems like it is too small compared to the huge size of a hippo. The boots and feet design are great!! Fantastic drawings!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerart View Post
    How about creating a helmet to go with her armor that resembles a hippo instead of an animal face.
    That's a great idea. I already have an idea of how that would work and look.
    But, I'm not ready to completely give up on the anipomorphic look either. The head could be bigger and other things adjusted to make the bigger head work.
    Dinner Table Creations

Hiproar all the way, i just imagined her more like those dancing hippos from Fantasia in battle armor, this version had me do a double take. She is still beautiful, i would like to see her with a bigger hippo head (as if she belonged to the 4HM The Seventh Kingdom) with a roaring variant? Still love her!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Cool pic of Flap-Fright, Royal. I was hoping to see his moth-wing poleaxe though. Anyhoo, I think Skeletor needs a flying bug warrior to counter Buzz-Off! So vote for...

Flap-Fright: Evil Winged Terror of Skeletor!

Weapon: Poleaxe with moth wing-styled blades.
    Powers: Flight, camouflage, "Terror Wings" and hallucinogenic dust.
    Race: Antherid

Backstory:
    The moth-man, Flap-Fright is a deceptive creature. He can hide in wait for passers-by and then suddenly open his monstrous wings, revealing a horrible face on the inside! Then he shoots a terrible dust which can cause even the hardiest warrior to lose his senses and begin attacking his allies! The dust causes hallucinations, which make everything the victim sees into a grotesque mockery of it's true self!

Hailing from the Vine Jungle, Flap-Fright ambushed Skeletor and his Evil Warriors by shooting the dust at them, causing the henchmen to become hysterical and turn on each other. Skeletor, unaffected by the dust, due to his lack of a nose, recruited Flap-Fright, because he saw the potential for endless amusement, if and when the dust was used on the Masters of the Universe.

Due to a long and bitter racial rivalry with the Andreenids, Flap-Fright takes special delight in tormenting Buzz-Off. However, he is afraid of Webstor and avoids him at all costs. Flap-Fright is also drawn hypnotically to strong light-sources.

Description:
    Fur: Creamy brown on most of his body, with white and brown streaks. The back side of his wings is decorated with a monstrous, frightening face that is used to startle his enemies!
    Real Eyes: Red, multifaceted.
    Fake Eyes: Purple and yellow.
    Last edited by HordeMonkey; February 2, 2008 at 10:35pm.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by ZvedaFire View Post
    Hiproar all the way, i just imagined her more like those dancing hippos from Fantasia in battle armor, this version had me do a double take. She is still beautiful, i would like to see her with a bigger hippo head (as if she belonged to the 4HM The Seventh Kingdom) with a roaring variant? Still love her!
    Is this a little closer to what you had in mind?

This was just a quick photoshop job. But i could definately see her being a much bigger presence witha more proportional 'hippo-esque' head.
    Dinner Table Creations

Movie mayhem!
    ROYAL!!! These look amazing. Great job as always.

Last edited by Patreek; February 3, 2008 at 09:14pm.

These are 2-bad's colours for Royal's pic. Again, the wings are reversed so you can see the face on the back of them.

Last edited by HordeMonkey; February 3, 2008 at 01:38am.

Quote Originally Posted by ZvedaFire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerart View Post
    I think Hiproar is an awesome idea! Just a suggestion. How about creating a helmet to go with her armor that resembles a hippo instead of an animal face. I like the face, but it seems like it is too small compared to the huge size of a hippo. The boots and feet design are great!! Fantastic drawings!!!!
    I definitely saw Hiproar as an Anthro-Hippo-Woman before, but the warrior-woman with Hippo armor actually appeals to me a lot, especially based on your drawing Tom. It makes me think of an ancient Greek or Roman warrior who idolizes the power of the Hippo, and so wears a personification of it.
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

I really find Flap Fright to be a very original concept. All of the others are Fantastic, but i think he stands out more concept-wise. Well heres a few modifications I did in consultation with Hordemonkey.So here it is tongue & axe ready.

My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

That looks AWESOME, Jaz! You know I love my humanoid arthropods!

Here are some colour scheme inspirations! If he was a figure, he could quite possibly be flocked in some of these colours.

Last edited by HordeMonkey; February 3, 2008 at 02:33am.

Movie mayhem!
    Like the idea of a Sassy Hippo Warrior. Vote Hiproar.
    By the way, what do people see her looking like color wise. here is some Hippo inspiration

Excellent work - so amazing to finally see the designs!

I decided not to vote for Hip-Roar - I am not sure in which direction the design may go, and because I am not very interested in the anthro-hippo-woman-idea, I decided to go with my second choice, An-Gar. I didn't like the bio at all (way, way to much), but the design looks amazing!

This has to be the coolest round yet!

I voted for Hiproar. I've always loved Hippos and this character looks very unique. Also I like the idea of having an interchangeable head. It will be a neat feature.

I think all these charas have no chance to win this time, sorry!

I think about the last polls, where doing a choice was merely impossible as there were too many charas with an option for a final winner.

I'm for An-Gar, he was one of my favorites from the original polls, and really seems like an interesting character

Quote Originally Posted by HordeMonkey View Post
    These are 2-bad's colours for Royal's pic. Again, the wings are reversed so you can see the face on the back of them.

Flap-Fright looks killer. Masters will be in grave danger with this guy lurking around ,trying to find his next meal
    http://galvatronartstuff.blogspot.com/

Check My Fan Characters
    -------------------------------------------
    Press here to see Houndor
    Press here to see Aetheron

I went for Flap-Fright. The Moth-man really adds something and his design stands out as unique.

An-Gar and Thanatos look pretty good but don't add much for me. They are just more big guys with swords. For me, MOTU is all about the gimmick.

Sap-Zap I was sorely tempted by. Hiproar was intriguing but like it was said above; a hippo helmet and armour may have secured my vote over a hippo-mutant woman.

There is not really a 'duff' one amongst them but it is certainaly an easier choice for me than on previous polls.

Vote for
    HIPROAR!!!!