Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

It looks like Star Wars: The Clone Wars will being hitting theaters on August 15th with some episodes being put together in a movie format. The show will be shown on the Cartoon Network and TNT in the fall.

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars...ouncement.html

So its gonna be released in the movies first?

I read the article and it said after teh movie that
    Lucasfilm Animation... has produced more than 30 all-new episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and production continues on even more exciting episodes.
    personally, I like this. I'm excited about it. I like it that its more than 2 min bits like the last one. These episodes are 30min long. Sweet. Also I didn tlike the art for the last one. Now, will I see Aayla..thats what I care about. Dunno how I feel about Anakin's new padawan Ahsoka. Not a fan of the species, and somewhat iffy on how its gonna play out. Plus is that its a CHICK. ROCKON. We need more chicks who are jedi.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I thought only Jedi Masters could take on padawans

Still more Star Wars in the theater is always good. Almost makes up for not getting the 3d versions we were promised.

Almost.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

I'm excited! This looks like it could be fun!

Lycan
    Im surprised no one's posted about this before. This news was given out at the UK Toy Fair a couple of weeks ago.
    Nice to see Star Wars back in cinemas, and it seems the usual fuss of merchandise is going to happen along with it, which Im happy about.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I thought only Jedi Masters could take on padawans
    That's what I thought too.....
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    That's what I thought too.....
    Was Obi-Wan a master when he took Anakin as his padawan? He'd only just made it to knight himself.

Plus in time of war desperate measures are forced to be taken. I should think the story will go, Ahsoka's master is killed and so is assigned to Anakin until a more suitable permanent master can found after the war. I think it has happens quite a few times in the EU, even to Anakin himself when Obi-Wan was believed to be dead.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I'll definitely catch this in the theaters.

Here's what the packaging for the Clone Wars action figures will look like:
    http://starwars.com/collecting/news/...s20080204.html
    It kind of reminds me of the Revenge of the Sith packaging.

I preferred the animation style of the previous clone wars cartoon. THat new animation has too much of an anime look to it for me. Regardless, I'll still be there to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale.

I would have liked it better in traditional animation like the previous series, from the trailer this looks more like a video game than an animated series, yuck.

Still I guess I'll be watching it, what else can you do?
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

I'm excited for it. I only wonder why they're doing more stuff based on Clone Wars when they've already done that, and there are so many more time periods to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    I'm excited for it. I only wonder why they're doing more stuff based on Clone Wars when they've already done that, and there are so many more time periods to explore.
    Good question. I always thought it would be nifty to do something pre ANH with Leia going around fighting the Empire. Spiffy. And it would be something different.

Or what about before then. but I wonder if you do stuff way before people might not be interested because the characters from the movies won't watch. I dunno...
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Lycan
    I think it should have been a series bridging the gap from Revenge of the Sith to A New Hope.. But I suppose George must want to tell that story at another time..

I quite like the animation this time round. Much easier on the eye than the last awful Clone Wars series.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    so what, we had to have seen the old clone wars toon to get all the references in the prequels and now we have a new clone wars toon that contradicts the old one.

yeah lucas hasn't lost it yet
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    so what, we had to have seen the old clone wars toon to get all the references in the prequels and now we have a new clone wars toon that contradicts the old one.

yeah lucas hasn't lost it yet

Since EVERY single person in this thread, including me seem to be more then willing to spend thier cash to see this, I'd say he knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    How does it contradict the old one?

Chris here...

I've got to say that I'm really looking forward to this - due to financial constraints I don't pick up Star Wars comics (although used to in the past before it got too expensive), so ever since Episode III was released on DVD I've been eager for another Star Wars fix!

I hope the CGI movie comes out in UK cinemas, although to be honest I don't know anyone who'd take me to see it...

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

george lucas really annoys me sometimes this is ridiculous. he should be doing the final 3 movies (that he says he wont do) and try to do them right rather than building on the huge disappointment of the new 3 (eps1-3)
    Check out Thundercatslair.org for all your Thundercats needs.

Quote Originally Posted by discoman800 View Post
    george lucas really annoys me sometimes this is ridiculous. he should be doing the final 3 movies (that he says he wont do) and try to do them right rather than building on the huge disappointment of the new 3 (eps1-3)
    Lucas is the king of making money though. I mean his EU books suck, but man people still buy em. The prequels, eh when it came to storytelling, but dude he made money. And as Robin said the majority of people here said theyw ill see this, so obviously he knows how to milk a good thing. Besides, I dont doubt he will make the final 3 movies and if not him then his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    I think it should have been a series bridging the gap from Revenge of the Sith to A New Hope.. But I suppose George must want to tell that story at another time..
    I think, though I could be wrong, that this timeperiod is being saved for the live action TV show that they are working on.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I have been mad at GL since he butchered ROTJ, changed it all around so that it didn't make sense, and ditched his cash cow to work on Howard the freakin Duck

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan View Post
    I hope the CGI movie comes out in UK cinemas, although to be honest I don't know anyone who'd take me to see it...
    I'd assume it must be, since the UK Toy Fair was the first to report it was going to have a theatrical release.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I think, though I could be wrong, that this timeperiod is being saved for the live action TV show that they are working on.
    Yeah that's what I thought too. The one that keeps getting delayed and delayed that we'll probably see in about ten years

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I am looking forward to it, but I'm not impressed so far with the pictures I've seen. As its SW, I expect I'll be buying the usual load of figures and such.

Here a link to the trailer that came out a while back:

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Co-Creator of the NV
    Haven't read teh whole thread, but when it comes to the padawan thing I think that a knight can have a padawan and the padawan becoming a knight is actually part of what makes his teacher become a master.

I personally don't care about the logistics of Jedi/Padawan relationships. I myself am against the idea for the dramatic/storytelling aspect. I just think it's dumb.