Thread: C2e2 2015

C2e2 2015

So I'm finally getting to go to C2E2 this year. Im taking the whole family for the whole weekend. Anyone else around here going this year? Any tips from past goers? I'm mostly looking forward to meeting Stan Lee and Jason Mewes!

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    So I'm finally getting to go to C2E2 this year. Im taking the whole family for the whole weekend. Anyone else around here going this year? Any tips from past goers? I'm mostly looking forward to meeting Stan Lee and Jason Mewes!
    I'm not going this year, but I've gone in past years. It's a pretty cool con.

But if you are wanting an autograph from Stan Lee, plan on waiting in line a LONG TIME. I ended up not getting an autograph from him last year because I was only there for one day and the whole day would have been spent waiting in his line (and I bought an extra MOC Standor figure specifically for him to sign).

I did get the photo op, which was a lot easier. It was done separately from the autographs. Basically twice during the day for about a half hour each time, they had him in a separate area for the photos. For both the autographs and photo ops, everyone paid ahead in a separate line, so when it came time for the photos, they basically rush everyone through. It's basically stand next to Stan, pose, snap the picture, and you are on your way. Kind of inpersonal, but it was efficient, and allowed me to check out the rest of the con.

I don't know if they'll be handling it any differently this year, but that's how it went down last year.

In the name of the Lloyd!

I went last year and will be going again. I just had fun wandering around, looking at all the cool costumes.

There were four or five guys selling vintage toys that included vintage MOTU toys (not to mention Star Wars, Thunder Cats, Super Powers, and others). Prices were usually a bit high, but some were okay. Someone was selling some MOC Classics, but overpriced and not super demanded figures.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Three day passes and Photo ops with Jason Mewes and Stan Lee have been purchased! I'm skipping the autographs as the pictures mean more to me. I do plan on getting Charlene Harris' autograph on a sookie book as well. Very excited to finally go to this! I think I'm most looking forward to the lightsaber training class!

Take backpacks because you'll park miles away. Pack food and water to save mad cash. Carry cash to make better deals. Don't wear a coat. It's mega warm in there! Have fun!!

I'm going again this year. I'm taking my friend's kids this year which should be a lot of fun. Both of them just started to read comics in the last few years and have never been to a con before.

It's amazing how much better this con is than WWC.

Sweet. Im taking the whole family. Wife, 9 year old and 2 year old.....should be interesting!

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I have gone the last two years. I am not going this year though because it is the same weekend as the Chicago Toy Show in St. Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I have gone the last two years. I am not going this year though because it is the same weekend as the Chicago Toy Show in St. Charles.
    That sounds like fun too!

I've done the c2e2 thing.....I'll be hitting Kane county toy show before going back to Chicago again. But everyone should see c2e2 at least once! It's a good show.

The con has been pretty fun but I learned leave the wife and kids if you want to hit the panels lol. Haven't gotten to go to any! The cosplay is fine though. Next year I gotta get one. One more day to go! facebook951430017763708.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    The con has been pretty fun but I learned leave the wife and kids if you want to hit the panels lol. Haven't gotten to go to any! The cosplay is fine though. Next year I gotta get one. One more day to go!
    Looks like you're having fun!

Unfortunately for me, I had to back out on going this year. I've been sick for over a week and just couldn't justify going and risk getting the kids sick.

To say I'm disappointed, would be an understatement.

I went yesterday. Good time and all, but I was disappointed by the surprising lack of MOTU/MOTUC on the floor, compared to last year.

Yeah...MOTU has very little presence at that show

Quote Originally Posted by JSteele View Post
    Yeah...MOTU has very little presence at that show
    Maybe last year was a fluke? I remember MOTU/MOTUC being sold in nearly every toy-shop booth. One actually had a whole wall of MOTOC mailer-boxed figures, some two-or-three deep per character. It was great, I was able to pick up a few guys ad-hoc I'd been wanting on eBay, heh.

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    It's also likely that many of those vendors aren't ordering the current subs. As they ran out of figures that the previously had and actually sell, they don't really have a source from which to restock them since Matty no longer has many of them. And most of the figures that remain in the current subs aren't the characters that are so in demand that they will go for high prices on the secondary market.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Yeah, less MOTU, and also the costumes didn't seem to be as cool
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I bought an awesome evil warriors print though! I'll take a picture later and post it. Also did you notice the boy on the dinosaur in my painting from Charles Thurston? He has He-Man's sword! That was bought all the masters I found. There was one booth with old figures but they were very over priced.

Heroic Warrior