Thread: Oh my, oh my, I won a contest! [These things were real after all!]

Oh my, oh my, I won a contest! [These things were real after all!]

Hi all,

I follow couple of local gaming sites and sometimes fill in contest entries while visiting. In August I had participated in a Destiny-related contest and yesterday I got notified that I had won the main prize - a PS4 with custom exterior shell (my Destiny class emblem, Hunter), the Destiny game and a year of PS+ time.

=> Was pretty much my reaction. Plus some heavy hyperventilation. Plus a major dose of disbelief.

I think I'll end up selling the game itself because I've already sunk a lot of hours on the X1 version of the game. But it's so, so cool to have a console with my class emblem on it! And now I'm finally able to check out the much praised "The Last of Us" - I might pick that up when trading the Destiny-copy in.

Now I just need to get a Wii U and I'm all set for the current gen.
    Last edited by Heidi; October 8, 2014 at 06:40am.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

That's wonderful! Perhaps you could send some of that good luck my way? I'm so happy for you!
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Congrats! So they are real....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Congratulations, Heidi!!! Very cool!

And yes, these contests are real. Several years ago I won one of the Diamond Previews giveaways they used to have (don't know if they have them now); got a bunch of Vampirella stuff for myself and my LCS.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Thanks you all!

And Nekk-ra that's awesome!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback