Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattel / Mattycollector.com announces Ghostbusters!

Mattel / Mattycollector.com announces Ghostbusters!

Is anyone else as excited as I am for the 2nd of Feb to find out wat this announcment will be?

I have so many ideas floating in my head but who knows which one it is.

First I thought its maybe a suprise MOTUC figure at the Con, then I thought maybe its Movie news, Then I thought maybe direct to DVD sequel from where 200x MYP ended and in my greatest dreams it will include She-Ra.

I have so many thoughts n just hope its something we r all going 2 be really happy with. Not much longer until we find out!!!!

Any ideas anyone?
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

I thought they said it's NOT MotU related, that it's a totally new project. Mattel has also already said that they're going to show new Classics figures at NYCC.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    Yeah I was just thinking that I wasn't really excited about it at all since it didn't have anything to do with MOTU. I mean....it would depend on what it is if I'm excited about it or not. I mean if they come out say they are making Wheeled Warriors toys then I wouldn't be excited at all. But maybe like Thundercat I might perk up for that.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

It would be awesome if they showed either concept art for She-Ra or Hordak. Heck even a prototype to get our mouths watering. But 50% of me says we'll be seeing 2 out of these 5 come NYCC;Man-At-Arms, Teela, Evil Lyn, Tri-Klops, and Trap Jaw.

I never read anything bout it not being MOTU related. Since wen? Last I read/heard it was related.

I cant believe this, So Ive been counting down these days for nothing? Is this correct? Anyone know the facts?

Thanks
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

I read the comments about the feb second announcement as being possibly MOTUC related. They were made as part of a MOTUC statement. The supprise announcement at NYCC is to do with a new toyline and it has been mentioned in relation to both the DC and Mattycollector panels. Consequently I see this possible news in more general terms compaired to what is hopefully going to be announced around the second of Feb. Whatever it is I am really looking foward to it. If it's huge news I reckon it might be movie related. Maybe they are going to announce that the film has a director attached and has been green lit for production?
    Last edited by Angel-T; January 27, 2009 at 09:55am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Does anyone have a quote of this Dec 2nd comment? I've heard people talk about it, but I've never actually read the actual quote.

So it is MOTU related? I knew I read it right & I wasnt excited for nothing. Now Im excited all ova again. YAY I wonder wat it will be. . . . My mind is ticking away.
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

yeah, if it's a new toyline I would go for Thundercats, with the same articulations of MOTUC and maybe reused parts.
    MOTUC, by now, is a big success, and it would be a clever move if they throw out another toyline with the same guidelines (adult oriented, online availability, monthly new figure)

And if it's MOTU related, then could be a prototype for vehicles, or a castle, beasts, a new show...

I don't think it's MOTU related. How many times have the different lines from Mattycollector been mentioned together? People are reading too much into this.

I'll wait for the announcement, but I'm not at all excited about it.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Does anyone have a quote of this Dec 2nd comment? I've heard people talk about it, but I've never actually read the actual quote.
    Here you go, this is taken from Matty Mattel's facebook page.

"Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 2:34am

As visitors may have seen, both He-Man and Beastman are now sold out on Mattycollector.com. We knew a few days ago we were running low and with only a few hundred units left, we wanted to close down sales so we can have just handful for NYCC and SDCC to help spread the word on this amazing toy line at the summer conventions. (after all, the more fans we can get, the more units we can sell and the more tooling dollars we can get to tool bigger and better figures!)

We won't have every 2009 MOTU figure available at the shows, but we actually produced more of these two figures in particular to help gauge sales. And now that we have a good idea now of how many MOTU fans are out there we can adjust future figure production accordingly.

Skeletor goes on sale at 12:00 Eastern this Thursday. (as does the DCUC Adam Strange and Starfire 2 pack and the Infinite Heroes stands). We are also working hard to get a monthly subscription service up and running for MOTUC to take us through December. (at which point the subscription for 2010 will cover Jan- Dec figures of that year).

Finally, we are working very hard on getting an email customer service line up. Thanks for everyone's patients while we get our ducks in a row on this one. But it is coming!

Things are looking really great ahead and we have a lot of surprises still in store, including a huge announcement on or around Feb 2nd. See you in the toy aisles!
    Matty"

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...?id=1068625862
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

While mentioned in an MOTU post I read it more as a cross-sell for their new Whateveritis 4H line, thinking that they will capitalise on our interest in 4H's work.

Just my opinion and more than happy to be wrong if it is MOTU related.....

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by nanoFatato View Post
    yeah, if it's a new toyline I would go for Thundercats, with the same articulations of MOTUC and maybe reused parts.
    MOTUC, by now, is a big success, and it would be a clever move if they throw out another toyline with the same guidelines (adult oriented, online availability, monthly new figure)

And if it's MOTU related, then could be a prototype for vehicles, or a castle, beasts, a new show...
    Toyguru already came out and said that it will not be thundercats.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Here you go, this is taken from Matty Mattel's facebook page.

"Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 2:34am

As visitors may have seen, both He-Man and Beastman are now sold out on Mattycollector.com. We knew a few days ago we were running low and with only a few hundred units left, we wanted to close down sales so we can have just handful for NYCC and SDCC to help spread the word on this amazing toy line at the summer conventions. (after all, the more fans we can get, the more units we can sell and the more tooling dollars we can get to tool bigger and better figures!)

We won't have every 2009 MOTU figure available at the shows, but we actually produced more of these two figures in particular to help gauge sales. And now that we have a good idea now of how many MOTU fans are out there we can adjust future figure production accordingly.

Skeletor goes on sale at 12:00 Eastern this Thursday. (as does the DCUC Adam Strange and Starfire 2 pack and the Infinite Heroes stands). We are also working hard to get a monthly subscription service up and running for MOTUC to take us through December. (at which point the subscription for 2010 will cover Jan- Dec figures of that year).

Finally, we are working very hard on getting an email customer service line up. Thanks for everyone's patients while we get our ducks in a row on this one. But it is coming!

Things are looking really great ahead and we have a lot of surprises still in store, including a huge announcement on or around Feb 2nd. See you in the toy aisles!
    Matty"

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...?id=1068625862
    Isn't it kinda odd that this is coming out 3 days before the con... why now just save it for the con... must be something they really don't want getting lost in the muddle... either that or its not as "huge" as they are hinting.

That message says it'll be on or around Feb.2. So I don't expect an announcement till the con since the 6th is around the 2nd.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto's Left Hand View Post
    Yeah I was just thinking that I wasn't really excited about it at all since it didn't have anything to do with MOTU. I mean....it would depend on what it is if I'm excited about it or not. I mean if they come out say they are making Wheeled Warriors toys then I wouldn't be excited at all. But maybe like Thundercat I might perk up for that.
    Holy crap I was thinking Thundercats too. But more likely I think they will show us 4 new figures and maybe something else special... Battlecat perhaps??
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I just am getting sick of waiting lol, The excitement is building up & I just want 2 know wat this MOTU news is.

To me it sounds like it is MOTU related so yeh excitment is just buzzing around in me.

I hope it ends up being MOTU related coz then all this buzz would be for nothing
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

Movie mayhem!
    Interesting I guess it could be build a figure news or even mini comics news. that would be very cool

A big fan of Slush Head
    It's gonna be an exciting week that's for sure. I can't wait!!
    I hope it has something to do with the mini-comics.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I hope it's a new spinnoff line from MotU... Like a King Grayskull era line!
    We know it's a 6" scale line sculpted by the Four Horsemen.

Could be a lot of things, I wasn't under the impression that it had to be MotU related though.

The Four Horsemen said in their FANtastic Exclusive forums that "a lot of fanboys would be happy".

Could be Ghostbusters, Wildstorm comics characters, Crystar, Lords of Power, or something completely new all together!
    I too am very excited to see what all the hub bub is all about.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    I wasn't under the impression taht it was MotU-related either but if it is I hope they do a separate vehicle/creature/playset line.
    Dolph He-man, Langella Skeletor, Exclusive God Skeletor, Karg, Lubic, Shock Troopers.

Join the movement, Movie figures sub for two thousand x-teen.

Can't wait for the announcement. I am hoping they let us know about a Teela or Evil Lyn
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I'm not expecting the Feb. 2 announcement to be MOTU-related, but it's good news that it will supposedly make a lot of fanboys happy.

We get a Masters Movie confirmation.
    The movie Team is selected.

I read the comments about the feb second announcement as being possibly MOTUC related. They were made as part of a MOTUC statement. The supprise announcement at NYCC is to do with a new toyline and it has been mentioned in relation to both the DC and Mattycollector panels. Consequently I see this possible news in more general terms compaired to what is hopefully going to be announced around the second of Feb. Whatever it is I am really looking foward to it. If it's huge news I reckon it might be movie related. Maybe they are going to announce that the film has a director attached and has been green lit for production?

Wow, I was right! I love it when that happens!

Wow, I was right! I love it when that happens!
    I'm still hoping that it's more than the director announcement. I know, I'm a greedy He-Fan.
    You may have defeated us, but you'll never see this child again!