Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Here's an informative interview from TV Guide:
    The news that George Lucas has decided to go back to the Star Wars well not once but two more times — in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, an animated film (in theaters Aug. 15), and in a new animated series of the same name debuting this fall on the Cartoon Network — sent the Force-a-verse into a tailspin. We had some burning questions about these new Clone Wars-set stories, and we knew you would, too. So we went straight to the powers-that-be for some answers. (Don't worry, so far it appears to be a Jar Jar-free zone.)
    What exactly are the Clone Wars?
    First alluded to in 1977's Star Wars: Episode IV — A New Hope, the Clone Wars are a conflict between the Galactic Republic — led by the Jedi Knights and their clone army — and Count Dooku’s Confederacy of Independent Systems. Not previously seen in any of the saga's six films, the Clone Wars take place between the events of 2002's Episode II and 2005's Episode III. "I felt there were a lot more Star Wars stories left to tell," says Lucas, who is executive-producing this project. "I was eager to start telling some of them through animation and, at the same time, push the art of animation forward."

So it's both a movie and a TV series?
    Yes. "The movie is an original full-length story that brings this new look and new energy to the Star Wars galaxy," according to Lucasfilm spokesman John Singh. "It has a full and self-contained story." Then, in the fall, Cartoon Network will begin airing 30-minute episodes that continue the saga. At a still-to-be-determined point after that, TNT will reair the episodes. "It is serialized, but Lucas did it in such a way that they also can stand on their own," says Turner Animation president Stuart Snyder. More than 30 episodes have already been produced, and the show will be broken down into 22-episode seasons. Snyder says "a multiseasonal agreement" is in place. Both the movie and the TV show will utilize 3-D computer-generated animation from Lucasfilm.

Wait, wasn't there already a Cartoon Network series about the Clone Wars?
    Yep. In 2003, Star Wars: Clone Wars premiered on Cartoon Network. Produced by Samurai Jack creator Genndy Tartakovsky, the 25-part, traditionally 2-D animated "micro series" of five- to 12-minute episodes concluded just prior to Episode III's theatrical release and won the 2005 Emmy for outstanding animated program. The new version won't supersede the events and continuity of that show, but will instead delve more deeply into the story of the Clone Wars.

Which Star Wars characters show up in The Clone Wars?
    Anakin Skywalker (the future Darth Vader), Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padmé Amidala are front and center, leading the Republic's army. The separatist movement — which will become the evil Galactic Empire of the original movie trilogy — is led by Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous, the creepy, Jedi-hunting alien-robot hybrid introduced in the original cartoon and Episode III. New characters will include Anakin's Padawan apprentice Ahsoka, a teenage female Togruta, which is a race of red-skinned, horned aliens. Singh promises that Ahsoka's role will be "really important."

Is this a show for kids? Adults? Both?
    While Lucas had previously said this wouldn't be "kiddie stuff," Turner's Snyder emphasizes that "this show is for everyone." Adds Singh, "Being an animated project there is perhaps an even greater appeal to a younger audience than the movies had."
    http://www.tvguide.com/news/080214-02

I dont mind that he's doing the Clone Wars again. If I can see Aayla kickin some butt I'll be pleased, though I do wonder that after this is done if he will go into another time period.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

The live action show is suppose to take place between Episodes III and IV. It might only focus on minor characters, though.

Yeah but i still want a book or something about Leia before she meet Han and Luke.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

howard the duck is so bad its good. i have it on my shelf next to my original star wars dvds

Quote Originally Posted by pain View Post
    I have been mad at GL since he butchered ROTJ, changed it all around so that it didn't make sense, and ditched his cash cow to work on Howard the freakin Duck
    Check out Thundercatslair.org for all your Thundercats needs.

It looks like the series will be shown on Friday nights this fall on the Cartoon Network:
    http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=194&itemid=13013

I still think it's kinda stupid to call this series 'The Clone Wars', when the previous series was already called 'Clone Wars'. Is this a continuation, or another take?

Is Friday a good day for these things?
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

New trailer for the movie:

Rockin. I cannot wait for this to come out.

I hope I see Aayla Secura.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Rockin. I cannot wait for this to come out.

I hope I see Aayla Secura.

I love all the female jedi! Shakk Ti, Aayla Secura, BArriss ofee, Luminara Unduli, etc.

YAY, the prequel era continues to pee all over the original trilogy. Jabba the Hutt's son? Good gravy!

Jabba's son. Kidnapped. That's dumb, and hearing it from Yoda makes it sillier.
    Other than that, neat-O.

They've done the Skywalker legacy to death, Id like to see a "Knights of the Old Republic" take on the show! Or if your gonna do more prequel stuff why not focus on what happens AFTER Revenge of the Sith and have Vader hunting down Jedi across the galaxy, create a couple of new main character Jedi and also focus in on Vaders coming to terms with what he has become.
    Meh, just an idea anyways.
    My friends wife suffered a spinal stroke in November, she remains completely paralyzed from the neck down and her insurance company recently decided to drop her as she wasnt "progressing fast enough" for them. We dont want to give up on her, we believe she can recover but the rehab she is at is pricy. Find out how you can help at:

www.nicolegregory.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Jabba's son. Kidnapped. That's dumb, and hearing it from Yoda makes it sillier.
    Other than that, neat-O.
    Yeah, send Skywalker back to Tattooine to do a Hutt a favour.

You know, the planet where he and his mother were slaves under Hutt law and he slaughtered an entire Tusken tribe for what they did to her.

It's almost like they're trying to turn him to the Dark Side.

Quote Originally Posted by War-Mongor View Post
    They've done the Skywalker legacy to death, Id like to see a "Knights of the Old Republic" take on the show! Or if your gonna do more prequel stuff why not focus on what happens AFTER Revenge of the Sith and have Vader hunting down Jedi across the galaxy, create a couple of new main character Jedi and also focus in on Vaders coming to terms with what he has become.
    Meh, just an idea anyways.

I'd be cool with this. Also I have been begging and pleading and praying for a novel that deals with Leia as a rebel BEFORE han and Luke. But alas no one listens to me
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

This looks pretty freaking cool!

The new Clone Wars trailer is now officially up:
    http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000639.html

It is actually the same as the one that got leaked before, but better picture quality (and no subtitles).

I'd be cool with this. Also I have been begging and pleading and praying for a novel that deals with Leia as a rebel BEFORE han and Luke. But alas no one listens to me
    Hey I'd be all about that idea also. As a matter of fact, I've been working on an outline and notes for doing just such a novel. Don't know if it would every see the light of day on a real publishing deal but I can dream can't I? I'll write the novel anyway, even it does never get published.

pepto bismol enthusiast Impulse's Avatar
    I dont really want to see this.
    I want to see some KOTOR or something after ROTJ.

Get the Original Trilogy folks to do the voices if he wants to just do animation for the movies, thats fine or go to the KOTOR but I'd like to see something other than Clone Wars stuff.

I feel like its just beating a dead horse.

This is the same reason I stopped buying Star Wars toys. How many clone trooper repaints can you shove in a package and throw on a shelf before they turn into pegwarmers?

To an extent I do agree.

Although we are supposed to get a live action movie that takes place after Revenge and before new Hope. Is that still in the works

BTW, I just found out that sideshow collectables has a 12 inch Aayla Secura. ROCKING!
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Although we are supposed to get a live action movie that takes place after Revenge and before new Hope. Is that still in the works
    Yep, it is still in the works and takes place between Episodes III and IV. There still isn't much known about it yet.

Would I prefer a new cartoon be about a different aspect other than the Clone Wars? Probably, but I am not going to let that take away from my enjoyment of it. It looks like it has the potential to be pretty good. I'm glad the new live action and cartoon series do not take place after Return of the Jedi because I feel the ending was a perfect conclusion. I don't need to hear about clone Emperors, Luke turning to the darkside, or Chewy dieing like some of the aspects from what I consider to be just fanboy books.

I'm not thrilled with the EU either.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I thought that it was going to be a 100 episode tv show?

with Lucas doing this. I wonder if he would consider turning some of the novels and comic book stories made into animated films? He probably could get some of the original trilogy cast like Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher to reprise the roles they created. I always would liked to have Shadow of the Empire made into a film.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban