Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Did you actually go see it? Reason I ask is because on May 11 you said the plot was so so stupid so I doubt it could have gotten better to you in 3 months....so why punish yourself

We are going to see it tonight or tomorrow morning, I survived Jar-Jar, the Ewoks, Anakins whining, and the horrendous "NOOOOOOO" Frankenstein Vader in E3 so I can survive whatever this thing throws at me
    Ahhh, you sound just like me. The only difference is I'm not going to bother with anything Star Wars Lucas makes in the future, let alone go to see this load of pig's swill.

Did you actually go see it? Reason I ask is because on May 11 you said the plot was so so stupid so I doubt it could have gotten better to you in 3 months....so why punish yourself

We are going to see it tonight or tomorrow morning, I survived Jar-Jar, the Ewoks, Anakins whining, and the horrendous "NOOOOOOO" Frankenstein Vader in E3 so I can survive whatever this thing throws at me
    Yes, I did go see it, the reviews were so bad that I had to experience it first hand. I was hoping that it would at least be fun to hate, but it's so vacuous and devoid of anything whatsoever, that's there's hardly anything to make fun of without the Clone Wars PTSD interjecting and putting me back to sleep again.

If anything, at least I got to see Jabba's uncle. Too bad the whole movie wasn't about him, he was the only interesting aspect.

Can giant slugs have "uncles"?

It is just the first few episodes of the tv series thrown together to help promote the series debuting this Fall, ala The Secret of the Sword, so I'm not expecting an epic masterpiece. I'm expecting it to be even more geared towards kids than the previous stuff. I'll be checking it out sometime soon.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I saw it just a bit ago with my wife, and we both we're glad we read Karen Traviss's novelization of the novel before we saw the movie. There was too much left out and yes, it has plenty of actiony-packed goodness, but there is much to be desired. The book was better than all the prequels combined, more feeling, more plotline, more Star Wars.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    The book was better than all the prequels combined, more feeling, more plotline, more Star Wars.
    That was the case with Episode III as well

There is a comic book series that starts in a few weeks by Dark Horse that is supposed to build on the movie and fill in some gaps before the series starts so I am sure that will probably flesh some things out that were missing from the movie as well
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

We went to go see the 11:20 PM showing last night. There was about 10 or so people in the theater and two walked out half way through.

My partner was bored to death and didn't like it. I thought it was OK and I acutely liked the little hut. The gay uncle I could do without, haha.
    Dillon

Laissez les bon temps rou Chaz-Man's Avatar
    The thing I am curious about is since the Clone Wars cartoon was was out a few years ago was supposed to be cannon, how does this movie not contradict the continuity? The first cartoon series and Episode 3 make no mention of, nor appear to show Anakin with the time to train a Padawan.
    Sing once again with me our strange duet.
    My power over you grows stronger yet.
    And though you turn from me,
    to glance behind,
    the Phantom of the Opera is there - inside your mind ...

HeMan.org User Profiles Thread (Please Post)

He-Man.org Member Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz-Man View Post
    The thing I am curious about is since the Clone Wars cartoon was was out a few years ago was supposed to be cannon, how does this movie not contradict the continuity? The first cartoon series and Episode 3 make no mention of, nor appear to show Anakin with the time to train a Padawan.
    It is canon, the entire thing was supervised and written by George Lucas

It will all be tied together with the series that comes on in the fall
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I liked it! I thought the animation was interesting and very beautiful. It looks like a moving oil painting! I like the characterizations, and the more relaxed soundtrack. It didn't seem as dire and serious as SW usually is. I would like all that crap that takes place in the EU world, like the Vong and whatnot to be played out in a format like this.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Found this interesting with all the talk of Jabba's drag/gay uncle

Hutts are hermaphrodites, bearing male and female reproductive organs; however, Hutts have distinct masculine or feminine personalities. Typically, Hutts are referred to as males, but in some cases, certain Hutts seem to assign themselves permanently female gender roles. Because of these roles Hutts can have homosexual qualities as it is written in the books. It is unknown whether this is a personal choice, or biological in nature

It was suprisingly good(though I admit it would have been better as a tv movie)still quite enjoyable(but then I can tolerate jar jar lol! annoying though the "podracer repair scene' is)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Just got done seeing it and I thought it was really good, not sure what you guys problem is.

Being as its the pilot to the tv show it was obviously paced as such (with one storyline that had enough turns to make it 4-5 seperate episodes)

It also cleared some things up in Episode III because it makes Anakin chopping off Dooku's head not so random or as much an act of aggression as it was a fulfillment of Jabba's request at the end of CW. I liked how the old ship that Anakin flew to escape was obviously what would be retrofitted into the B-Wing by the rebels.

There was also excellent foreshadowing of why Anakin is really mad and upset in EIII, Yoda tells Obi-Wan in this movie that he sees no problem with Anakin training, but "letting go" is what they are worried about. Perhaps this means that his padawan is struck down at the end of the new animated series and he takes it hard (which is why he is even angrier and more of a loner in E3 not wanting to listen to the Jedi council at all)

That is a better way imho to explain it as Anakin sees the as justified, Anakin being a Jedi should have known to bring Dooku to court so it still allows his emotion filled rage to be his downfall as he opted to kill.

I also had no problem with Jabba's uncle, after reading some of the Hutt representation last night and seeing that they are hemaphrodites and can have female and male characteristics I saw no objectionable or stupidity behind Jabba's uncle. He was a club owner who was obviously displaying female characterstics just as canon and the dark horse comics and novels have explained them to be able to do.

People need to get over themselves,if you liked the CW animated show you will probably find this enjoyable. If you go in expecting any of the 6 movies you will be underwhelmed and possibly upset.

I liked Anakin's padawan, I liked the fact that Palpatine was playing all sides, and I like the fact we saw the Clone Troopers had personalities and were different (something you dont really see in any of the movies).

People need to get over themselves,if you liked the CW animated show you will probably find this enjoyable..
    This movie was NOTHING like the 2D Clone Wars. I think the 2D Clone Wars was the best thing to come out out of the prequel era, and this new movie is one of the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    This movie was NOTHING like the 2D Clone Wars. I think the 2D Clone Wars was the best thing to come out out of the prequel era, and this new movie is one of the worst.
    Your opinion, I have mine and we can agree to disagree

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I havent seen the movie yet, but I had a really hard time getting past the animation in the previous Clone wars tv series. I hated it, but persevered because Star wars is important to me.
    I can see why people may hate the new version, but Im sure I'll find it much easier to follow than the awful stylized samurai jack version.
    Im still looking forward to getting to see it soon despite the negative reviews.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

I just got back from seeing it. I thought it was a decent flick. There are a lot of action scenes to it.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    It also cleared some things up in Episode III because it makes Anakin chopping off Dooku's head not so random or as much an act of aggression as it was a fulfillment of Jabba's request at the end of CW. I liked how the old ship that Anakin flew to escape was obviously what would be retrofitted into the B-Wing by the rebels.

I have a feeling that neither the Verpine or Admiral Ackbar were influenced in any way by the Corellian G9 Rigger junker. The Imperial Lambda-class shuttle though, I'd say yes.

The B-Wing was designed to get around the Empire's original use of the Nebulon-B as a starfighter killer. Plus the B-Wing's design as a fighter/bomber basically made the Y-Wing obsolete.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

i just got back from seeing this, i thought it was awful. technically its garbage, most of the animation was weak, the directing was weak, the lipsynch was way off. the writing was the worst offender of all.

the only decent scene was the action sequence going up the side of the mountain. even the lightsaber duels were boring.

the cartoon network series was great, they should have used the same team and kept it 2D.

HEROVERSE IS COMING...

Lionheart avatar by Baena

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by wilee4 View Post
    i just got back from seeing this, i thought it was awful. technically its garbage, most of the animation was weak, the directing was weak, the lipsynch was way off. the writing was the worst offender of all.

the only decent scene was the action sequence going up the side of the mountain. even the lightsaber duels were boring.

the cartoon network series was great, they should have used the same team and kept it 2D.
    Its amazing how my opinion is the polar opposite of yours.
    I just got back from it and thought it was great. I hated the Samurai Jack version and had a real hard time getting into and enjoying it. This, I had no problems with. Im looking forward to the series.

As for the transexual Hutt, he didn't bother me. I guess he got such a build up I was expecting something far worse

However, I will admit it seems like a massive flop. Besides me and the other half, an old bloke came in about 5 minutes through. I have a feeling he either didnt pay for his ticket, or was a security guard watching to be sure no one was recording the performance. The showing was totally empty.. I've never been to a showing of anything where we virtually had our own personal private screening (if not for the old bloke)
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Its amazing how my opinion is the polar opposite of yours.
    I just got back from it and thought it was great.
    Well at least I am not the only one

As for the transexual Hutt, he didn't bother me. I guess he got such a build up I was expecting something far worse
    Same here, the way some people were talking I was expecting something so offensive or out of place but nothing struck me as odd at all, I was actually disappointed as I think it should have been more pronounced and flamboyant given the Hutt ownership of a night club

However, I will admit it seems like a massive flop. Besides me and the other half, an old bloke came in about 5 minutes through. I have a feeling he either didnt pay for his ticket, or was a security guard watching to be sure no one was recording the performance. The showing was totally empty.. I've never been to a showing of anything where we virtually had our own personal private screening (if not for the old bloke)
    Yeah there were about 4 people in our showing (TDK was almost sold out by comparison for a 5th weekend), but you have to keep expectations in line. It is coming on TV for free in less than two months (I thought the start date was mid Sept/Early Oct) and it will be pushed heavily on home video for christmas time, I expect if it crosses $50m it will be seen as a success and it should do that pretty easily over a 4 week period

We have seen it four times so far.

I love it and my wife and kids loved it.

I enjoyed how it looked, where everything looked like a painting. Great action.

And for years now it has been explained about what the hutts are, so why the surprise?

We will be going again on Friday.

Austin

Movie mayhem!
    Well i just saw this tonight and I really liked it. Granted after reading this thread over this past week my expectations were but yea i thought it was awesome. I'm definitely going to watch the show! It def has some dialogue aimed at kids but its not TOO over done and the action is well paced with the story i think.

Quote Originally Posted by FLAduranie View Post
    We went to go see the 11:20 PM showing last night. There was about 10 or so people in the theater and two walked out half way through.

My partner was bored to death and didn't like it. I thought it was OK and I acutely liked the little hut. The gay uncle I could do without, haha.
    Yea I kinda felt the same.

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    I liked it! I thought the animation was interesting and very beautiful. It looks like a moving oil painting! I like the characterizations, and the more relaxed soundtrack. It didn't seem as dire and serious as SW usually is. I would like all that crap that takes place in the EU world, like the Vong and whatnot to be played out in a format like this.
    I agree the animation was very unique and cool! It would be kind of cool if they did something like this for the stories taking place after the 6th movie. Then they wouldn't have to have the orig actors.

Found this interesting with all the talk of Jabba's drag/gay uncle
    That is really interested... Do any other gay characters appear in the starwars books or anything? or is it just these hut guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    That is really interested... Do any other gay characters appear in the starwars books or anything? or is it just these hut guys?
    As far as I know there are no other gay characters in Star Wars, at least openly but this could be because for the large part of the universe we do not know their sexual escapades or relationships.

And just keep in mind that the Hutts are not gay, they are asexual and take the personality/characteristics of a male or female (sometimes both)

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Do any other gay characters appear in the starwars books or anything?
    The Knights of the Old Republic video game has a character called Juhani who was meant to be gay, and have a possible relationship with the player character(if you were female) but Lucasfilm forced the developers to remove that sub-plot. There are still hints of it in the finished game though.