Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I actually hope Ahsoka lives, I've grown rather attached to her. It's not written in stone that she has to die. I mean didn't you hear Yoda's line at the end about the future always being in motion and there are several possible outcomes?

It seems the basis for everyone's assumption that she will die before Episode III is the fact that she doesn't appear in it. In truth this doesn't prove anything. She could be alive and simply not shown.

Maybe she completes her training. Maybe the council decides to take her away from Anakin and give her a new master. Maybe she quits or gets expelled from the order. Or maybe she's just off doing other things during the events of the film (keep in mind there's a time skip between Dooku and Grevious' deaths)

If you notice on the show there are several times Anakin's off on a mission without Ahsoka around (usually Obi-Wan is with him) and there are times we see Ahsoka on missions with other Jedi and Anakin is not around.

from everything we have seen there is no reason for Anakin to cut Dooku's head off at the start of that film.

Nothing Dooku has done could make Anakin that angry,
    I'd have to disagree with that statement. Dooku is responsible for the deaths of all the Jedi and Clone Troops who died in the arena and the war that followed. Dooku had also tried to have Padme killed several times. Anakin fully wanted to kill him in Episode II. In the Clone Wars movie he was ready to kill him and the only reason he didn't was he abandoned the fight when he realized Ahsoka's life was in danger.

If Dooku had killed Ahsoka then Anakin would have hunted him down and killed him immediately. (same goes for Grievous) Anakin is in too good a mood at the opening of the film to be on a fresh revenge trip. Also he didn't go in looking for Dooku it was only when he came to him that the fight engaged. Up till then Anakin was only interested in freeing Palpatine.

On that note Plapatine was clearly using his influence to guide Anakin's actions. If Anakin had gone to avenge Ahsoka he wouldn't have hesitated. Furthermore Palpatine only mentioned Dooku taking Anakin's hand as motivation for revenge. Granted he skims over all the deaths Dooku is responsible for but keep in mind those are ones caused by his actions not ones he killed himself. Palpatine then compares it to Anakin killing the Sand People who killed his mother. The key here is personal tragedy/harm. Anakin may want to kill Dooku for the evil he's done but it's not directly to him. Killing Anakin's padawan would be a personal tragedy and Palpatine would have jumped on that.

The only character I feel could possibly kill Ahsoka is Cad Bane. Since he was created for the show it would not cause continuity issues. Personally though I hope Ahsoka makes it out. The vision I like best is her surviving Order 66 and going into hiding with the help of Rex who chooses not to obey it. It is official cannon that some clones disobey Order 66 and side with the Jedi and Rex strikes me as one of that kind, plus he and Ahsoka seem to have formed a close friendship.

Now then, when is Season 3 starting and when is Season 2 hitting DVD?
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    no more clones wars, please. is time to explore another time period in sw, perhaps between ep 4 and 5.
    I love Clone Wars but I would actually like to see the Expanded Universe brought into animation mode I love the novels and comics from that universe. The New Republic, New Jedi Order, and Legacy Eras would be awesome on TV, expecially for those who have never read the novels.
    SUPPORTING THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HE-MAN 110%

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Now then, when is Season 3 starting and when is Season 2 hitting DVD?
    October 26th is S2 release date

The 2nd season started I think a few weeks before the 1st season dvd release so I expect the same here.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Fyi, one can always delete their last post and then post a new post. If you want to keep the contents of your last post, you can do a copy-paste and put it in the new post as well. I've done that with some threads in the past.
    Thanks I'll remember that.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I saw a glimpse of a set piece that makes me think of Ender's Game for some reason (kind of a Tron-like arena with grid patterns all over it).

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    no more clones wars, please. is time to explore another time period in sw, perhaps between ep 4 and 5.
    I agree, I'd like to see them insert a series into that time period. Rebels against the Empire, Luke vs. Vader, Leia and Han still trading barbs, and all building up to the best movie in the franchise. The fact that Anakin and Grievous are fighting but not meeting in CW is a clear enough model on how to work with Luke and Vader before ESB too. And of course, we've got to see the bounty hunter on Ord Mandell.

Season 3 premiere air date has been announced as Sep 17th:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...ere_133167.asp

Wanted:

Awesome, cannot wait
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Clone Wars panel at Celebration V:

"The panel had both Dave Filoni and Joel Aron but Filoni did most of the talking. Here are the main points.

- At the very beginning of the panel David Collins (the host) said there would be an exclusive clip never before seen.
    - A lot was shown of The Clone Wars going to Kamino. Dave said they used some old episode 2 concept art for some of the designs.
    - Dave made it a point to say that all Clone Wars stories come from George Lucas.
    - They showed some concept art of clone barraks and a clone training facility.
    - Dave mentioned that he thinks George intended that Aurra Sing and Boba Fett were to be connected and that may have influenced the Boba Fett junior novels
    - While talking about how great of a character Aurra Sing is (specifically how menacing she is) Dave said Asajj Ventress may give Aurra Sing a run for her money as far as being the bad girl in Season 3. (I actually talked to Dee Bradley Baker about Season 3 and he also brought up Asajj Ventress playing a big part in Season 3)
    - Dave hinted at Hondo Ohnaka having Slave I and he said Boba Fett doesn't need it right now because he is in jail. The quote went something like..."Hondo might have Slave I, but I don't know...well I do know. Boba's in jail so he doesn't need it...but he might get out..."
    - He talked about the difficulty in creating Jedi robes and that the man hours it would take they could not afford. He did say that we will see more of that kind of stuff including moving hair in Season 3.
    - They showed about a 40 second clip from season 3. Dave tried to downplay the clip as being about the rain effects. The clip revealed the Republic Commandos from the video game will be in season 3 (he confirmed the clones were Delta Squad). It also showed Jedi Saesee Tiin who is new to The Clone Wars series. (They showed the same clip 3 times before the end of the panel)
    - During questions and answers Dave said that they think about what characters are around during The Clone Wars and how they can incorporate them into the show. He said some EU characters "might show up at some point"
    - Dave said the quote from the episode 2 crawl "There are heroes on both sides" will make more sense during Season 3.
    - Dave also said there will be more ties to the OT, specifically A New Hope during this season.
    - David Collins said that what we saw in this panel is nothing compared to what they have in store for us in the Saturday "Season 3 Revealed" panel."
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...age_133219.asp

Last edited by Firefly; August 13, 2010 at 08:33pm.

Fantastic stuff. I’m so glad that we’ve almost gone through the whole of the Jedi Council. The animation just keeps on getting better and better.

That is great stuff to hear, cannot wait for the reveals this weekend!

New Clips!!!

OMG, I am excited. Okay, firstly, we're going to be meeting Darth Maul's brother! Sounds a bit controversial, for sure, but here's a clip of him. He looks phenomenal. Apparently, he shows up in a four part Asajj Ventress-centric arc. I'm very pleased about this, seeing as she was criminally underused in season 2: http://www.twitvid.com/6S5HK

Secondly, as some of you may know, George Lucas himself cameos in ROTS as a blue skinned alien. Well, here's that same character’s Clone Wars debut: http://www.twitvid.com/27UL5

Okay, so the quality isn't the best, but it's better than nothing.
    Last edited by Krueger; August 14, 2010 at 06:51pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Secondly, as some of you may know, George Lucas himself cameos in ROTS as a blue skinned alien. Well, here's that same character’s Clone Wars debut: http://www.twitvid.com/27UL5
    Wow, Star Wars has it's own Mary Sue just like that Wesley kid on Star Trek!

Cool to see a Sith-Witch looking character in there. An attempt to recreate Darth Maul doesn't do anything for me, but hey, obviously he's important to a lot of people.

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Wow, Star Wars has it's own Mary Sue just like that Wesley kid on Star Trek!

Cool to see a Sith-Witch looking character in there. An attempt to recreate Darth Maul doesn't do anything for me, but hey, obviously he's important to a lot of people.
    The whole Lucas family was made into action figures actually not sure if they all had cameos but look:

She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Season 3 is shaping up t look pretty fantastic. I am stoked for 9/17/10!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

New Even Bigger Trailer!!!!!!!!!!

Season 3 looks like it will be utterly phenomenal. With confirmation that they're going to be delving more into the Force, the Sith and the meaning of The Chosen One, I have no doubt that season 3 will be the most epic so far. The animation, as well, looks absolutely gorgeous. Oh, and Darth Maul’s brother looks amazing.

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/001074.html

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I see some more Expanded Universe being touched on, particularly the Nightsisters of Dathomir. Question is of course, how much they'll change it, like how they changed the Mandalorian culture.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Holy crap that trailer was fantastic!! The show looks like its going to get more dramatic and dwelve into more interesting things

Is it bad that all i see are characters I want as toys

i just got home from cb5 in orlando, one of the coolest conventions ive ever been too! the life size wampa, jabba, cantina wow, 501rst bounty hunters r2's and the full size snow speeder and tie intercepter was awsome, i also got the cb5 exclusive 4-lom and zuckuss 2 pack! im so lucky it all came to orlando!

Darth Maul’s brother! Oh no what ever will they come up with next lol.

Glad to see the republic commandos and sith witch concept looking character though.

Wanted:

savage oppress looks awsome, i wonder why he is a dull color instead of red like the rest of his race?

Quote Originally Posted by kelddorr View Post
    savage oppress looks awsome, i wonder why he is a dull color instead of red like the rest of his race?
    The species isn’t actually red. Darth Maul was just covered in tattoos, as is this new character. Here’s the species’ page on Wookiepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zabrak

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    The species isn’t actually red. Darth Maul was just covered in tattoos, as is this new character. Here’s the species’ page on Wookiepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zabrak
    ah cool, i always thought they were all red, didnt realize they diferent skin tones! oh yeah and i was at celebration 5 in orlando on sunday any one else go? i did the bounty hunt, it was cool. i met some crazy belgiums that biult the lifesize snow speeder and intercepter, im not sure but i think they biult alot of the sets too. wow, cb5 was awsome, the gentle giant booth was a fiasco with those 12 inch figures, crazy. i had tonz of fun there

Lots more season 3 titbits:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...age_133279.asp

Things I like include the use of Dathomir and the Nightsisters. The clones on Kamino having less distinguishable traits and personalities.
    Things I don't like, making Assaj Ventress, or at least her mother into a Nightsister, that going to mess up her already established back story. Replacing Durge with Cad Bane in the series, can't see why theirs not room for them both, I really liked the Durge character.

I've said it before in this thread but I really have to look at this series as a separate cannon from the rest of the EU, it's the only way I can enjoy it.

Wanted:

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Based on what I have heard and seen. I don't think Ventress is going to survive the season. Forget about Ahsoka, worry about the sith assasin.

I got to admit, season 3 looks good. I keep wondering if they will have any real permanent change in the core cast. I have a gut feeling Ahsoka will be a full Jedi before we see her fate.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I love how they keep 'retconning' everything that has been established before. Ventress already had a backstory created. Now her mom is a Nightsister? She was Rattataki for one thing. God, I hate Lucas, he let's people play in his sandbox, get everyone to think they know the characters, and then he decides, 'Oh well, time for me to make people hate me some more.' No wonder karen Traviss stopped writing EU stuff.

Here's Ventress' page at Wookiepedia.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ventress
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor