Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

I really don't think Ahsoka's fate (or anything else in The Clone Wars for that matter) is going to change because its now owned by Disney. Filoni has confirmed every story has come directly from George himself including Ahsoka's fate and I don't see them deviating from that.

Personally I really hope Ahsoka dies and it has nothing to do with the fact that I can't stand her character I simply think it will make a better story. I hope she dies and either she dies saving Anakin, its Anakin's fault or he blames himself even if its not his fault. I think adding the Anakin element to her death will only add to fuel to Anakin's downfall in EpIII.

If she doesn't die then she'll die in during Order 66 or the Jedi Purge if they're sticking to Lucas's intended version of the prophecy of the chosen one, and as Ahsoka is a Lucas created character I think they'll stick to it in her case. I know in the EU quite a few Jedi survived the purge but Lucas has said himself his intention was for Vader, the chosen one, to kill all the Jedi except two (Obi-Wan and Yoda) thus bringing balance to the force by having only two Jedi and two Sith.

As others have said it was the Dark Nest trilogy were Luke finds hidden recordings in R2's databanks that show some of the events of EPIII including Ankain and the 501st attacking the Jedi Temple, Anakin causing Padme's death and Padme giving birth.
    There's also a novel called Tatooine Ghost where Leia travels to Tatooine, meeting Kitster and finds Shmi Skywalker's diary which gives her information about her Father, Grandmother and the events of EpI that take place on Tatooine.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Personally I really hope Ahsoka dies and it has nothing to do with the fact that I can't stand her character I simply think it will make a better story. I hope she dies and either she dies saving Anakin, its Anakin's fault or he blames himself even if its not his fault. I think adding the Anakin element to her death will only add to fuel to Anakin's downfall in EpIII.
    This is why I think she should die. It’s not because I don't like her character. In fact, I think she's improved tenfold in recent seasons. I think having her die in Order 66 will still open a can of worms, because then she'll still be alive at the beginning of Sith. Basically, I think she needs to be dead before the start of ROTS. Either that, or she runs off with that senator fella, thus leaving the Jedi Order. Those are the only two scenarios I can see working.

Catching up, I think Ahsoka in winter coat just before the open the temple would make a good wallpaper.

And done

Snow Ahsoka by ~wyldman11 on deviantART
    Last edited by wyldman11; November 12, 2012 at 04:21pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

The space battle/Grievous's assault on the Republic ship in this weeks episode was one of the best things I've seen the CW IMO, certainly one the best things this season. I really wish we'd see more battles like this in the series.

Hondo Ohnaka has also really grown on me as a character, he's one of my favourite in the series now, I enjoy his appearances but hope they don't over use him.

Wanted:

The space battle/Grievous's assault on the Republic ship in this weeks episode was one of the best things I've seen the CW IMO, certainly one the best things this season. I really wish we'd see more battles like this in the series.

Hondo Ohnaka has also really grown on me as a character, he's one of my favourite in the series now, I enjoy his appearances but hope they don't over use him.
    agreed. I've even grown to like his ship, even though at first I thought it was way too cheezy in a roswell arizona way. and yeah, I know that was most likely the point .

So far, season 5 has gotten me into the show again. I had kind of gotten bored with it last season.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Maybe Lucas had a surprise in store for Ahsoka. Everyone just assumes she dies during the show. Maybe she doesn't. Maybe she gets put in one of those little shuttles and shot out of the galaxy, like that Vergere jedi character that came back with the Vong in those NJO books. Maybe She replaces Vegere, comes back to be all like 80 years old and meets old luke and leia. lol.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I have to say, after suffering through that protracted droids-on-a-mission plotline (which was driving me crazy - I felt that should have been a one-episode plot, not four), last week's ep. was incredible.

A few really great stand-outs:

Killing off Satine and Savage Oppress in the same episode - you had to figure the clock was ticking for both characters, though.

Darth Sidious vs. Darth Maul and Savage - I always love when they show exactly how powerful Palpatine is. And he honestly seemed to be enjoying himself.

And that shot of Obi-Wan when the doors opened revealing the Deathwatch battle going on outside. This show is really beautifully done sometimes.

I'm glad the show is continuing to a Season 6 (just not on CN.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I have to say, after suffering through that protracted droids-on-a-mission plotline (which was driving me crazy - I felt that should have been a one-episode plot, not four), last week's ep. was incredible.

A few really great stand-outs:

I'm glad the show is continuing to a Season 6 (just not on CN.)
    I'm totally with you. I really disliked that droid mission story line. I was so glad to see it wrap up, and was pleasantly surprised with the newest episode. It was so good!

Palpatine showing up to kick ass was AWESOME. What a great saber fight!

Also really liked seeing the Black Sun. Yay Prince Xizor!

Very excited to see where things are going now, and I'm also glad the show is continuing on Disney XD. Really enjoy this show for the most part. I can just do without those long, dull story arcs like that recent droid mission.

BTW, every time I see Obi-Wan and Satine together and talking...especially the events of the most recent episode...I totally get a Moulin Rouge reminder. Heh. Anyone else? I half expected to see Obi-Wan start singing "Come What May."
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    My thoughts on Ahsoka. No matter how much it might be against "canon", I hope that she lives. Not just because I like her, but mainly for the sake of kids who are fans of the show. if she survives I won't be grumpy at all.

As for the latest episode... I have always said that Darth Maul returning from the dead is the single stupidest thing I have seen in an official Star Wars product. He was cut in half, fell down a huge shaft and was left for dead on a world where he would have had no allies. Such a load of garbage, and manages to beat out "giving Ewoks blinky eyes in ROTJ" as just being a terrible, terrible idea.

That being said...it just goes to show how Darth Sidious can make the worst crap great. Him showing up to kick the crap out of those two makes it somehow worth it. I like that they didn't even try and make it a close fight. Sidious shows up and just kicks the crap out of them. As it should be. My only disappointment is that he didn't kill Maul, although I saw it coming.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I'd like to see Ventress take out Ahsoka finally. She has to die if the cartoon series is to fit in the movie cannon. If not it was a waste of 6 seasons. Her death is kinda crucial to the continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Very excited to see where things are going now, and I'm also glad the show is continuing on Disney XD. Really enjoy this show for the most part. I can just do without those long, dull story arcs like that recent droid mission.

BTW, every time I see Obi-Wan and Satine together and talking...especially the events of the most recent episode...I totally get a Moulin Rouge reminder. Heh. Anyone else? I half expected to see Obi-Wan start singing "Come What May."

Oh, I am with you right there. The whole Moulin Rouge thing is a nice wink to the audience or anyone who pays attention.

I am really impressed, not just with what happened to Satin and Oppress but with Pre Vizla and the plan Darth Maul had from the start. Not to ruin anything for anyone but suffering thru the Ahsoka story with the rebels then the Droids 3-parter this was definitely worth it to get to this storyline.

At first it felt like Darth Maul was COBRA Commander and Oppress was his muscle like Storm Shadow, Vizla was his Destro and the inclusion of Black Sun completed the creation of some super villain organization like COBRA. But, by the second episode it was clear, Maul was General Zod or Jax-Ur and Savage Oppress was Non or Mala with no Ursa to speak of.

The last episode was the first time on Clone Wars we get to see Sidious live and not as a hologram. Plus, we got to see why he is the master. It was one of the best episodes they have done so far IMHO. Ian Abercrombie will be missed; he was an incredible Darth Sidious/Chancelor Palpatine.

On a personal note I think this, and the original Clone Wars, are the finest Star Wars stories outside of the Original Trilogy. It really makes me question the need for the Prequel Trilogy as these are more satisfying than any of those movies. This series really makes you know how great of a hero Obi-wan Kenobi is and Anakin Skywalker was before the dark times.

This show has made Skywalker a more likeable character. Like you can cheer for him. While watching these episodes it makes me start to question how he could turn to the Dark Side. It just makes it that more dramatic when it happens. It's like Captain America or Superman becoming bad guys. Characters like Hulk or even Batman who, to some of their contemporaries, straddle the line between good and bad, make sense, but the way Anakin is portrayed in Clone Wars it just seems too far fetched. I know Zack Snyder is writing some stories that take place in the Old Republic and JJ Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan are handling the Episodes VII and VIII but these guys doing Clone Wars just get it. I'd love to see them make a real movie. It's like they caught Star Wars lightning in a bottle.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; February 4, 2013 at 02:02pm.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    On a personal note I think this, and the original Clone Wars, are the finest Star Wars stories outside of the Original Trilogy. It really makes me question the need for the Prequel Trilogy as these are more satisfying than any of those movies. This series really makes you know how great of a hero Obi-wan Kenobi is and Anakin Skywalker was before the dark times.

This show has made Skywalker a more likeable character. Like you can cheer for him.

I agree. It's amazing how a cartoon like this has really rejuvenated my interest in the franchise and makes the prequels look just pathetic. While I'm not a fan of everything in the show, the Maul arc has been superb. If you look back a few pages in this thread I was 100% against bringing him into the show but he really did make this arc.

I also agree about Anakin. He's so unlikeable in the prequels that when he does change in EPIII you don't feel sorry for him at all. That also ruins his "face turn" in EPVI when he saves Luke. This show by far has fixed that problem for me at least. It's nice to see that he wasn't always the jerk the movies portray him as. I just wish we'd see more of his dark side. The showed hinted at it when he interrogated Poggle in Season 2..3..I forget...The writers need to start showing how he straddles the Dark Side.

I agree with everyone about the droid story arc. I liked the look of that planet they crashed on, but it went on way too long.

About what happened to two characters this last week

I think the deaths suffered a little for those characters going so long without development. It's been so long I really don't remember how much went on between Obi Wan and Satine, and her death was blunted because honestly I had nothing to even pretend to root for. Their relationship was such a non-starter, she could have lived and I wouldn't have questioned that he never declared any love for her anyway. Meanwhile Savage pretty much has been waiting to die all season long, his sole purpose just to reintroduce Mau being fulfilled alreadyl. Maybe there was nothing else to be done, but I think they spent way too much time on the other 4+ episode story arcs this season. It felt like just loose ends we needed to tie up instead of hard losses. The Death Watch guy had a better send off IMO.

Loved how Sidious worked. I'd like to see him totally owning Count Dooku in battle (theirs is one of the more under-explored relationships and Dooku one of the still-as-yet undeveloped characters for me), but it was nice to build up the Maul bros just to show how much more powerful Sidious is. I'm unsure what else is worth doing with Maul now though. Team up with Ventress? Redemption even? It'd be one thing if he sets up something for the sequel trilogy, but I don't really know what more he can bring to the table. And what the heck did Mother Talzin actually intend for him? If it was just to fight Sidious, that was sure a let down and a half. I'm still hoping she and Sidious have an interesting history as well since she provided him with Maul in the first place.

I am sorry about Ian Abercrombie's passing. I kind of hope Ian McDiarmid himself can return to the part. If not him, I'd be curious to hear Merlin's Richard Wilson in the role.
    Last edited by gbagok; February 4, 2013 at 06:53pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I agree. It's amazing how a cartoon like this has really rejuvenated my interest in the franchise and makes the prequels look just pathetic. While I'm not a fan of everything in the show, the Maul arc has been superb. If you look back a few pages in this thread I was 100% against bringing him into the show but he really did make this arc.

I also agree about Anakin. He's so unlikeable in the prequels that when he does change in EPIII you don't feel sorry for him at all. That also ruins his "face turn" in EPVI when he saves Luke. This show by far has fixed that problem for me at least. It's nice to see that he wasn't always the jerk the movies portray him as. I just wish we'd see more of his dark side. The showed hinted at it when he interrogated Poggle in Season 2..3..I forget...The writers need to start showing how he straddles the Dark Side.
    Yep, it's amazing how the animated guys get things SO RIGHT and the movie guys get things so wrong... and not just star wars franchise. Anakin was UNLIKEABLE in the last two movies, and annoying in the first. I didn't feel sorry for him either.....Clone Wars changed all that. it's a shame the guy who voices anakin here, didn't get the part in the movies, but then the direction would have made him unlikeable as well...
    Last edited by Shredder; February 4, 2013 at 11:29pm.
    Geek Media -

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Yep, it's amazing how the animated guys get things SO WRITE and the movie guys get things so wrong... and not just star wars franchise. Anakin was UNLIKEABLE in the last two movies, and annoying in the first. I didn't feel sorry for him either.....Clone Wars changed all that. it's a shame the guy who voices anakin here, didn't get the part in the movies, but then the direction would have made him unlikeable as well...

That's funny you bring that up. The voice actors who play Anakin and Padme could actually play them in real life. Same for Ahsoka and Obi-wan, too.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; February 4, 2013 at 10:44pm.
    Until now.

Heroic Warrior
    Ahsoka is really one of the reasons I really like this show and personelly killing her just satisfy the continuity of three bad star wars movies sounds extremely lame to me. Now she has been corrupted by the darkside once before and has been brought to life by the light as well. Plus she has strong feelings for someone like Anakin and like Anakin has always questioned the way the jedi order does things.

While there a lot of possibilities of her death such as...
    Count Duku
    Ventrus
    Anakin himself wether an accident or on purpose.
    Darth Maul
    Something really lame.

Other possibilities...
    She goes to the darkside
    She leaves the Jedi order(I can see many reasons for this one)
    She is send far away
    She is trapped in carbonite
    Her connection to the light side force being that brought her back to life changes her into something.
    She get kicked out of the Jedi order
    There is also the classic Coma, Amnesia, or Time Travel stories but I doubt they will use those.

While I did enjoy the Darth Maul arc I still think bringing him back was a mistake and I would have been happy if he got killed at the end of this arc.

I haven't watched this past weeks episode. The droid mission arc should have been cut to three episodes. first one the mission briefing, mission, crash landing setting up the long walk. Second episode have the announcer start by telling us they have searched and finally found civilization have them in the town do the amnesiac clone story which starts off the third episode of them getting on the ship to find out it's a fake. When you only have one character who can talk, and who isn't known no or all that deep of a character it quickly becomes boring. On top of that is the fact that they kept beating us over the head with the whole him vs the droids and related issues.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I think you might be even being generous allotting that plotline three episodes.

You know what it reminded me of? An old variety show, where they have a break between major acts, and someone's having a costume change difficulty, or there's some kind of problem backstage, so they send a 'filler' act onstage to stall until they're ready. That whole General Patton-Frog w/droids thing just felt like they were stalling or killing time until they were ready to resume the show.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Here's a thought on how Ahsoka gets it in the end/disappears. Dooku/Grievous captures her and makes a nice carbonite wall sculpture of her for Sidious. Anakin, of course is led to believe she's dead. So the years pass and eventually of course Luke destroys the Emperor, yadda, yadda, but there are still strongholds (ala "Heir to the Empire" and Wayland's Mount Tantiss facility) left across the galaxy where the Emperor has kept things tucked away and eventually in one of these warehouses, Luke and Leia find Ahsoka still doing her popsicle impression. Ta Da! Episode 7 begins!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I think you might be even being generous allotting that plotline three episodes.

You know what it reminded me of? An old variety show, where they have a break between major acts, and someone's having a costume change difficulty, or there's some kind of problem backstage, so they send a 'filler' act onstage to stall until they're ready. That whole General Patton-Frog w/droids thing just felt like they were stalling or killing time until they were ready to resume the show.
    am I the only one who LIKED the droid arc? Clancy Brown got another voice acting gig out of it ;o)..
    Geek Media -

I did like the droid arc but as others have said I do think it went on an episode or two too many.

While this latest arc featured many of the things I can't stand about this series like, the return of Maul, Obi-Wan's romance with Satine, the Mandaloreian's being pacifists (hahaha that one still cracks me up every time), I can't deny that this latest arc (especially that last episode) was absolutely AMAZING.

The Sidious, Maul, Savage lightsaber fight was jaw dropping!

I loved them using the Blask Sun and have been looking forward to them since I saw them in the season 5 trailer, but didn't think all the leaders needed to be Falleen, a mix of races would have been batter like they are in the EU.

I loved the Mandaloreian Captain's helment with the Maul style horns.

I wonder what Sidious has planned for Maul next?

I also think the Mandaloreian's, now under new leadership, will abandon the "pacifists" ways of Satine's regime and return to their traditional warrior like culture. Whether this was always planned or is in response to the fan criticism to making them pacifists, well we'll probably never know.

Wanted:

am I the only one who LIKED the droid arc? Clancy Brown got another voice acting gig out of it ;o)..
    I didn't hate the Droids arc, I loved that David Tennent did one of the voices. But, it did feel like it was an episode too long. I loved the Droids show as a kid but was more into the Ewoks show.
    Until now.

I did like the droid arc but as others have said I do think it went on an episode or two too many.

While this latest arc featured many of the things I can't stand about this series like, the return of Maul, Obi-Wan's romance with Satine, the Mandaloreian's being pacifists (hahaha that one still cracks me up every time), I can't deny that this latest arc (especially that last episode) was absolutely AMAZING.

The Sidious, Maul, Savage lightsaber fight was jaw dropping!

I loved them using the Blask Sun and have been looking forward to them since I saw them in the season 5 trailer, but didn't think all the leaders needed to be Falleen, a mix of races would have been batter like they are in the EU.

I loved the Mandaloreian Captain's helment with the Maul style horns.

I wonder what Sidious has planned for Maul next?

I also think the Mandaloreian's, now under new leadership, will abandon the "pacifists" ways of Satine's regime and return to their traditional warrior like culture. Whether this was always planned or is in response to the fan criticism to making them pacifists, well we'll probably never know.
    I liked that the Madalorian armor began to take on Boba Fett's red and green colors now that they're under new leadership. I suspect Sidious will use Maul's control of Mandalore to restore the warlike culture, as that's his biggest value that I can see. I honestly never expected them to stay pacifist at all, but I haven't followed EU so I don't know much of what has been said of them there.

I realize it sounds like no one liked it, but I think we all just disliked the length. With the exception of the Sith/Nightsister stuff I don't like most of the story threads to go on longer than three episodes at a stretch. The rebellion arc that started the season was too long as well IMO. In contrast, I wish the slaver arc from last season had gone on longer than it did as I felt it rushed along just as it got interesting with Anakin as the Queen's slave.
    Last edited by gbagok; February 5, 2013 at 05:56pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I didn't hate the Droids arc, I loved that David Tennent did one of the voices. But, it did feel like it was an episode too long. I loved the Droids show as a kid but was more into the Ewoks show.
    David Tennant was a droid, but he was in the Ahsoka/Yoda/Younglings arc as the lightsaber-master droid. (Huang?) He wasn't (as far as I know), in the four-part Gascon & D-Squad arc.

As a one, maybe two episode arc it would have been fine - I don't mind the non-central episodes like that - I just think it went on way, way too long, with really only two speaking characters (Gascon and the Pit Droid) having any major dialogue parts. (Yes, I love R2, but he's not the best for witty repartee. )

I do think we'll now start seeing a more militant Mandalore.

I was also giving amnesiac clone subplot more story up from 1/2-3/4 of an episode to a full if not an episode and a quarter. I also cut out really the biggest problem with the arc, the second episode where literally everything that happened in it could have been told in voice over with some animation shots not an entire episode.

The arc on the concept wasn't bad, just like others said it last for four episodes. Three with an expansion on the clone trooper would have been better. Made worse is his assault was fully previewed before the start of the season as a 'teaser'. When the full scene is shown it isn't much of a teaser.