Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Oh, yeah. I got the 2 confused. Yeah, Tennant was a droid in the arc with the young Padawans and Ahsoka getting captured by the Pirates. This last arc had the little frog man who was in charge.

Who else noticed the mural from the Old Republic with Mandalorians battling Jedi Knights?
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Who else noticed the mural from the Old Republic with Mandalorians battling Jedi Knights?
    Yeah those were a great nod:

Did you also notice the begin of the 'Eminence' episode was supposed to be a nod to the beginning of the Aliens moive:

And did you vintage toy fans notice the classic Walrus Man figure in the 'Missing in Action' episode:

I love all the nods and stuff they put in like this
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

You have hit the nail on the head my friend. I do not base my opinions of how good a series is by fan service or "nods" to other things but I can appreciate how these guys have used it to blend in with the stories. I am very glad that this show has grown some legs and is not getting the ax by Cartoon Network.
    Until now.

Loved vintage walrusman... but the last 3 episodes were THE BEST the series ever produced. The battle with Sidious, Maul and Opress was epic. The end of Visla was intense... my kids get so upset when the "cool" characters die, and they did not like what happened to Satine (however u spell her name). Really amazing stuff, better than the last 3 movies!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    My thoughts on Ahsoka. No matter how much it might be against "canon", I hope that she lives. Not just because I like her, but mainly for the sake of kids who are fans of the show. if she survives I won't be grumpy at all.

As for the latest episode... I have always said that Darth Maul returning from the dead is the single stupidest thing I have seen in an official Star Wars product. He was cut in half, fell down a huge shaft and was left for dead on a world where he would have had no allies. Such a load of garbage, and manages to beat out "giving Ewoks blinky eyes in ROTJ" as just being a terrible, terrible idea.

Ashoka will leave the Jedi order before the series concludes... just as Rex will desert the army. The early episode of Rex meeting the clone who has a family is the foreshadowing I think. He will get sick of the politics of the war. Ashoka is going to realize that the Jedi order is crumbling... I think she will never become a Jedi Knight... right before she is made, or during her trials, she will catch a glimpse of the future, and she will leave. That's my take on it. Sidious is insane!!!! Just shows how bad ass windu is, that with all Sidious' power, Mace spanked him!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Loved vintage walrusman... but the last 3 episodes were THE BEST the series ever produced. The battle with Sidious, Maul and Opress was epic. The end of Visla was intense... my kids get so upset when the "cool" characters die, and they did not like what happened to Satine (however u spell her name). Really amazing stuff, better than the last 3 movies!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Ashoka will leave the Jedi order before the series concludes... just as Rex will desert the army. The early episode of Rex meeting the clone who has a family is the foreshadowing I think. He will get sick of the politics of the war. Ashoka is going to realize that the Jedi order is crumbling... I think she will never become a Jedi Knight... right before she is made, or during her trials, she will catch a glimpse of the future, and she will leave. That's my take on it. Sidious is insane!!!! Just shows how bad a$$ windu is, that with all Sidious' power, Mace spanked him!
    NOOOOO!!!! No, no, no, no.

But, that's what I've heard too, that Ahsoka will leave the Order and Rex will leave the Clone Army. I also heard they will leave together, romantic or not.
    Until now.

I'll agree with the consensus about the droid arc. It was WAY too long. IMO it only needed 1 episode.

The whole season IMO has suffered from these LONG arcs that really don't help the story at all. The stories just drag along. The Ahsoka arc at the beginning was the same thing. That whole story needed 2 episodes tops.

i guess they are showing episodes out of order again... a bit annoying..but so far season 5 is pretty good so far...

lots of new questions in these recent ones. why would rex put out a shoot to kill order?
    Who was the Jedi, or Sith who killed Leta?
    How come the Jedi bury some, and burn others?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    i guess they are showing episodes out of order again... a bit annoying..but so far season 5 is pretty good so far...

lots of new questions in these recent ones. why would rex put out a shoot to kill order?
    Who was the Jedi, or Sith who killed Leta?
    How come the Jedi bury some, and burn others?
    Rex didn't. I believe it was Fox. I can't keep track of all those clone names.

The identity of the "jedi" was spoiled in a short clip that showed scenes from upcoming episodes.

Ventress

I did enjoy this week's episode. I'm not one of he "Ahosoka haters" and welcome her in new episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Sidious is insane!!!! Just shows how bad ass windu is, that with all Sidious' power, Mace spanked him!
    ...Or did he? Perhaps Sidious allowed Mace to get the upper hand so that Anakin would be forced to defend him? He certainly recovered quickly after his 'spanking'. "Unlimited POWER!"

As much as I don't like Ahsoka I did really enjoy this weeks episode, the chase scene was awesome and the end of the pipe scene was clearly a nod to The Fugitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    The identity of the "jedi" was spoiled in a short clip that showed scenes from upcoming episodes.
    Has that been confirmed?

I though the clip just showed a masked warrior with two red lightsabers?

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    ...Or did he? Perhaps Sidious allowed Mace to get the upper hand so that Anakin would be forced to defend him? He certainly recovered quickly after his 'spanking'. "Unlimited POWER!"
    He was clearly pleading with Anakin, and was betting on his help... but no, I feel that Palps got beaten. He also didn't really want to face Yoda. I think he knows that as powerful as he is... he is not certain whether or not he can beat the top Jedi. That is why he needs Anakin.. he knows Anakin is destined to be far stronger than him... if he doesn't turn him, he's done... oh wait... he did turn him and... elevator shaft!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

all the information I remember reading on Windu states he was one of the best duelist at the time, creating a fighting form.

Not to say that Sidous wasn't feigning some, he did much better in his fight against Yoda shortly after.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

i agree..i think sidious was playing mace...

as for this weeks episode.. theory: Mara Jade? Who else could it be, except bring in a totally new player?
    Geek Media -

i agree..i think sidious was playing mace...

as for this weeks episode.. theory: Mara Jade? Who else could it be, except bring in a totally new player?
    No way mate, Mara Jade is not even born at this point in time. I'm wondering if might actually turn out to be Barriss Offee? She did send Ahsoka to the factory and evaded the question on how she knew about it by just saying "I did some digging". I'm not saying I'd like this, but I can see them doing it.

IMO I think Mace had Sidous beat.

Wanted:

Heroic Warrior
    I really wish they didn't catch Ahsoka so soon but good episode none the less.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    No way mate, Mara Jade is not even born at this point in time. I'm wondering if might actually turn out to be Barriss Offee? She did send Ahsoka to the factory and evaded the question on how she knew about it by just saying "I did some digging". I'm not saying I'd like this, but I can see them doing it.

I was thinking the same thing, as Barriss seems to be the only other candidate. I'll be really upset if it turns out to be her, though - it'll be a complete rewrite of her character to date (though that's more from EU stuff.)

And I too am in the "Mace won" camp.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post

they've gone against eu stuff before ;o)..

other options: Asoka clone....Barris' Master...
    Geek Media -

they've gone against eu stuff before ;o)..

other options: Asoka clone....Barris' Master...
    You mean Luminara? She's on screen in Ep. III, though (albeit briefly). I know they've contradicted EU before - I just really hope they don't in this case. I've really liked Barriss in the stuff I've read...two Medstar books come to mind, specifically.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I do believe its obviously Barriss, even though they try and hide her body with the cloak, it's clearly her body model. So it looks like they are ignoring the EU comics that showed her dying during Order 66 on Felucia.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I'm certain it's Barriss, which I'm not happy about but I still think its her

Did you see the preview for next weeks episode?

The trial/court room scenes look like they could be a nod to Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country to me

Wanted:

i wasn't a big fan of ian ambercombre (sp)...but he was perfect compared to this new guy.. was, that was a terrible palpatine voice. just get mr.McDirmid back.

as for the season...I was getting a little bored with the show during season 4, then season 5 came along and wrenched it back up. Wow! it can't be this good on di$ney
    Geek Media -

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    While I agree that no one can do Palpatine like Ian McDirmond...the new voice is Tim Curry! That's pretty awesome!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Heroic Warrior
    Great season(series?) finally and kinda what I was hoping Ahsoka would do after being put through that. My only complaint is they made it too obvious who the real villian was but still a really good epsiode.

I'm glad that the rumors about Ventress were wrong.

The finale was great but only 20 episodes in the season? I feel we got ripped off a whole arc.

The ending was somewhat of a shock but it sets up a lot of unanswered questions about Ahsoka's role in Order 66.

I really liked the ending of the season, by which I mean I think it was really well written and played out - not so much that I liked the developments.

I'll be really curious to see where they go from here:

We saw it coming, but Barriss' EU destiny is out the door now - which of course means she may yet survive.

Did Palpatine actually engineer this, or was this just (for him) a happy coincidence, that the Jedi were showing signs of dissent? I especially like showing how fractured even the Council was becoming.

And I wonder if Ahsoka will remain on the show, or if they'll write her to the background? As it stands now, you could probably go right from the ending of Season 5 into Episode III, in terms of Anakin, but I'm curious to know what will become of Ahsoka. I'd love to see her survive into the time frame of the new movies.