Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Heroic Warrior
    I would like to see Ahsoka in a live action movie but wouldn't she be like 60+ years old by the time the 7th one starts?

How long does her species live anyway?

Maybe we will get see her children or grand children.

Wookiepedia says 94 Standard Years. Which is 368 standard days.

At the she is what 15 at the end of Clone Wars the series, maybe 16 at the start of Episode 3, it's 19 years till Episode 4. So 35 at that point, at the end of Return of the Jedi she would be about 40. All we know about episode 7 is that some of the actors from the OT are in talks to reprise their roles but we aren't sure in what context.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Wookiepedia says 94 Standard Years. Which is 368 standard days.

At the she is what 15 at the end of Clone Wars the series, maybe 16 at the start of Episode 3, it's 19 years till Episode 4. So 35 at that point, at the end of Return of the Jedi she would be about 40. All we know about episode 7 is that some of the actors from the OT are in talks to reprise their roles but we aren't sure in what context.
    Unless they're doing some heavy digital work on the returning actors, (assuming they come back), Episode 7 has to jump ahead somewhat, probably a generation past ROTJ. Even still, that would at worst put Ahsoka into her late fifties. At any rate, it's not without the realm of possibility that she could cross paths with Luke well after ROTJ, assuming she survives.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Unless they're doing some heavy digital work on the returning actors, (assuming they come back), Episode 7 has to jump ahead somewhat, probably a generation past ROTJ. Even still, that would at worst put Ahsoka into her late fifties. At any rate, it's not without the realm of possibility that she could cross paths with Luke well after ROTJ, assuming she survives.
    I was more meaning along the lines of they could appear in bookend telling, it could be Luke telling kids about stories of the past. They could digitally deage them, but as we both point out I think we have just heard they have been asked there are no this is what's going to happen at this point aside from director and Disney is involved. Heck for all we know it's quite a bit into the future and the are recorded holograms of the characters.

I do think what throws people off in regards to age, is how old Sebastian Shaw(77) and Alec Guiness (63) are in the original trilogy compared to how old their characters turn out to be 40s and 50s. Of course on screen Ian McDiarmid portrayed Palpatine in ROTJ and through the Prequel Trilogy having his age reversed so.
    Last edited by wyldman11; March 13, 2013 at 02:15pm.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I also would like to point something else out. Even if Ahsoka were 90+ years old, who's to say the Togruta age like humans? Wookies live for at least 200 years, per Chewbacca's age listed in the old ROTJ storybook. And the way things seem to change when it comes to The Clone Wars, who's to say that Wookiepedia's average of 94+ is right? Heck, if you want to go into the comics, that one Sith Lord that Cade Skywalker deals with was a Jedi during the Clone Wars, yes? Maybe she spends decades in some kind of Jedi stasis, we don't know about yet LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

That and the source for Wookiepeia on that is 'The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide.' For some reason I recall that stuff is on EU level of canonicity so, it's a for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I also would like to point something else out. Even if Ahsoka were 90+ years old, who's to say the Togruta age like humans? Wookies live for at least 200 years, per Chewbacca's age listed in the old ROTJ storybook. And the way things seem to change when it comes to The Clone Wars, who's to say that Wookiepedia's average of 94+ is right? Heck, if you want to go into the comics, that one Sith Lord that Cade Skywalker deals with was a Jedi during the Clone Wars, yes? Maybe she spends decades in some kind of Jedi stasis, we don't know about yet LOL
    I was about to bring up that angle. Nothing contradicting that Togruta's could age like Vulcans. I would welcome Ahsoka showing up in the sequel trilogy. I'm also sorry to see Clone Wars ending. I was just getting into the series.

I think Obi-Wan Kenobi voice actor James Arnold Taylor hit the nail on the head here:
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...IGN_150770.asp
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

James Arnold Taylor, the dude who voices Johnny Test? I never would have figured he was Obi Wan.
    "Milk that cow, George, milk it! MOO!!" ~ Optimus-Prime's response to the announcement of 3D versions of the Star Wars films.

Wanted:

I'm still in the kill Ahsoka camp and I hope they do in a glorious way!

A report on theforce.net now says were only getting two story arc's (probably 8 episode) which is less the I was hoping for.

A source in the know tells me that Lucasfilm is only finishing two story arcs from the material that they had planned for The Clone Wars Season Six. Among the story arcs that will not emerge in this post-cancellation era is one that dealt with Boba Fett and the other bounty hunters who have menaced the heroes for several seasons. This story arc, which my source tells me was almost done, would have shown us the fates of Cad Bane and Aurra Sing.

Wanted:

I gotta disagree with people saying this shouldn't be a surprise. That the show would probably end next season to make way for a new era of the franchise, sure I was ready for that. I figured before the Disney buy out that we'd get as many as seven season since the 100 episode mark was always pointed out as a minimum goal rather than a "we'll stop around then" number. After the buy out I thought it could be less (or more since it was a hit). But no matter how many more seasons would have happened, clearly it wasn't the plan to end it all here so abruptly and unceremoniously. Frankly we all deserved better than that. They could have transitioned to Disney XD with one more season to hype as the last. The team that produced Clone Wars should have been positioned to produce the next show as well. What they've done instead is how you stop a show that embarrasses you, but TCW was actually the one thing redeeming the prequel era and movies and the least embarrassing thing the franchise had done in years. Frankly, I worry now that not only will we get no closure in the remaining arcs, but TCW will now simply be forgotten continuity like Spectacular Spider-Man ending to make way for the crappy Ultimate Spider-Man. I thought we were safe from that since Lucasfilm made TCW, but my faith is greatly diminished by the way they've handled this.

Adding to the burn, Clone Wars and Tron Uprising would have made a great TV action-toon block (although IMO they need a new non-crappy network rather than XD for such shows).

I'd like to get excited about the new show, although I have no idea what era they are talking about. I applaud them dropping Detours because that stuff didn't look funny and it seemed all wrong to make fun of the OT rather than do something fun and new with it. So maybe they're going for that post-ANH and pre-ESB era (ignoring that the Holiday Special was set then)? Or Shadows of the Empire? Or retelling Droids in the pre-ANH time? The only eras totally untouched by TV though I think are Anakin's padawan years pre-AotC, or a post-RotJ era. But would they really make a show that hints at what happens after RotJ before the new movie comes out?
    Last edited by gbagok; March 25, 2013 at 07:29pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I always said I didn't think they'd kill Ahsoka off. I wish the show wasn't ending as abruptly as it is. They obviously had plans for more episodes. I guess we may see a little of it in some form or another. I also wish they had fleshed out Anakin more and wasted less episodes on things like the recent droids story arc, but it was still one of my favorite shows on television.

James Arnold Taylor has been saying in interviews that the cast and crew had been told the series was going to 8 seasons. I still think that had they been able to complete all 8 seasons they would have kill Ahsoka off. I think she would have rejoined the Jedi Order eventually, maybe after a season, but by the end of season 8 they would kill her off. Dave Filoni has also said before that he has always been in the Ashoka lives camp and George has always been in the Ashoka dies camp. I take that as pretty much confirmation that she would be killed off

I really hope we see more then two story arcs from this 'bonus' content but the main thing I think we need to see is a resolution to the the Maul story, and he's also needs to be killed off before it ends IMO

Wanted:

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Really surprised at this; I thought it might move to Disney XD. I hope they do wrap things up and give the series a good send off. I knew the mouse taking over would bring changes, but it seems almost like everything but the movies is imploding since the takeover.

It also means there's almost nothing left worth watching on Cartoon Network...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

"Season 6" information from cooltoyreview.com:

In Saturday afternoon's panel "A Course in the Force - Star Wars 101", Lucasfilm's resident expert Pablo Hidalgo was on hand to give fans a retrospective concerning all aspects of the Star Wars Universe starting from San Diego Comic-Con 1976, to what we have already heard officially announced regarding future projects. While no new information was revealed during Pablo's presentation itself, there were some interesting questions answered during the Q & A panel which followed: fans of the Clone Wars animated series WILL be able to watch the material dubbed "season 6" however Lucasfilm will not call the material "season 6" because it is not a complete season of material. Some of the episodes are finished, others are partially completed, and a few are merely sketches and storyboards which will not materialize into finished consumer-ready episodes. However, the offering will be "more than you think" and is a welcome relief for long-time Clone Wars fans eager to complete the next chapter in the Clone Wars saga. The only problem for Lucasfilm at this point is that they do not yet know how to get this material out to the public; that is the reason why no formal announcements have yet been made regarding the content. Information will be coming soon regarding availability, but nothing further to report at this time. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for details the moment they are announced.
    http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/f...ent_153819.asp

Darth Maul's The Clone Wars storyline to concluded in comic series

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/...orm_156108.asp

Great news!
    I've always said the Darth Maul story was the one story above all out of TCW that needs wrapping up so I'm glad to be getting this.
    Ideally I was hoping to get this in the bonus content but this is the next best thing

Wanted:

Yes, it's cool, but I am a bit peeved that it's just a comic. I'm hoping that Maul manages to survive this to appear in Rebels, where he can receive a proper end. Ah soak appearing in Rebels would be stellar, too.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Comic....bummer.

I still don't see why Disney hasn't just released those "season 6" episodes that we already know are finished.

Interest in these episodes will dwindle the longer Disney waits. Just put them out as DTV "movies".

Has a date been announced yet on when the Darth Maul comic will come out? I'd rather have it in cartoon form, but it is better than nothing. I hope we get the produced season 6 episodes on DVD or Blu-ray soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Has a date been announced yet on when the Darth Maul comic will come out? I'd rather have it in cartoon form, but it is better than nothing. I hope we get the produced season 6 episodes on DVD or Blu-ray soon.
    I don't think they've announced a date yet.

We've been told we'll should see the season six bonus episodes in spring, we've not been told how yet but the rumour is they'll be shown on DisneyXD.

Based on trailers, interviews and such fans have speculated their will be four story arcs, so around 15 episodes, as follows:
    Clovis arc: a three episode arc "An Old Friend", "The Rise of Clovis" and "Crisis of the Heart", episodes completed for season five but bumped to season six.
    Order 66 arc: a four episode arc "State Unknown", "Conspiracy", "Fight or Flight/Fugetive", "Orders".
    Yoda/SifoDyas arc: I think this has been confirmed as a four episode arc. "The Lost One", "Voices", "Destiny", "Sacrifice".
    Bounty Hunter arc: confirmed four episode arc featuring Boba Fett, Cad Bane and Aurra Sing, telling how Boba acquired his Mandalorian armor and retrieved Slave 1. I think this was also done for a previous season but got bumped.
    Jar Jar arc: "The Disappeared (Part 1)", "The Disappeared (Part 2)" This is probably the short "prequel character" arc Filoni mentioned not long back.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Yes, it's cool, but I am a bit peeved that it's just a comic. I'm hoping that Maul manages to survive this to appear in Rebels, where he can receive a proper end. Ah soak appearing in Rebels would be stellar, too.
    You never know if the comic sells really well maybe one day we'll see it as a straight to dvd movie
    Personally I really hope Maul meets his end in this comic and is not in the Rebels series. I've really enjoyed the Maul story, they've been some on the best TCW episodes IMO but I really feel Maul needs to die before the events of EPIII.

- - - Updated - - -

There's been a German TV press release saying they are going to start airing new episodes on German TV in Feb, and their has also been some episode descriptions posted:
    http://www.theforce.net/story/front/...nth_156222.asp

Looks like were getting a two-part Jar Jar arc.
    Hopefully get a US and UK announcement in next few days.

Wanted:

Was it ever confirmed that they finished the bounty hunter arc episodes? I hope the Jar Jar episodes aren't the last ones...

I've updated my last post with yet further information that came out today from German TV sources who as also saying the total number of episode is 13. If that number is accurate then I bet were not getting the Bounty Hunter arc like some people have been speculating. The numbers would add up to 13:

Clovis arc: 3 episodes
    Order 66 arc: 4 episodes
    Yoda/SifoDyas arc: 4 episodes
    Jar Jar arc: 2 episodes

It would be a shame if we didn't get the Bounty Hunter arc as it was rumoured to have been completed years ago (I'm not 100% sure if this has been confirmed) as it was intended for a previous season but kept getting bumped
    http://thebobabounty.tumblr.com/post...-boba-fett-arc

Wanted:

Netflix will air the 13 episodes (from deadline.com):

After resurrecting The Killing for a final season after its cancellation by AMC, Netflix is doing the same for Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The streaming service will debut a 13-episode sixth and final installment of the animated series on March 7. Titled The Lost Missions, the season promises to reveal “some of the deepest mysteries of the conflict between the light and the dark sides of the Force leading to a series finale.” An intrepid clone trooper discovers a shocking secret, Anakin Skywalker’s closest relationship is tested to its limits, and what Master Yoda discovers while investigating the disappearance of a Jedi could forever change the balance of power in the galaxy. Under the multi-year deal with Disney/ABC TV Group, Netflix will be the exclusive subscription service for the entire Star Wars: The Clone Wars series, including several director’s cut episodes never seen on TV, as well as the 2008 feature film. This marks the first time any Star Wars content has been available on Netflix. It also expands the fast growing relationship between Netflix and Lucasfilm parent Disney. A year ago, the two companies signed a groundbreaking output movie deal, the first time a major movie studio had chosen streaming vs. pay cable for its features. And recently, the companies sealed another unprecedented pact for four series and a miniseries from another marquee Disney label, Marvel. “The Clone Wars marks an important moment as Netflix welcomes more and more first-run content from The Walt Disney Company and its subsidiaries,” said Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos.

Lucasfilm announced the end of Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Time Warner’s Cartoon Network in March, a couple of months after the company’s acquisition by Disney. While the series was over on Cartoon Network, the company promised forthcoming original “bonus content,” noting that “we’re continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs.” Additionally, Lucasfilm is prepping a new Star Wars animated series for sibling Disney XD, Star Wars Rebels, which bridges Episodes III and IV of the movie franchise. The Clone Wars takes place between Episodes II and III. Netflix has signaled its interest in original animated series and recently acquired the Michael Eisner produced BoJack Horseman for a launch this year. In addition to The Killing, Netflix recently revived another cancelled series, cult comedy Arrested Development, with talks under away about another installment.