Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    People forget that Lucas has a lot of clout. If he wants to go for a 100 episodes, chances are he will get 100 episodes. The show is a huge hit and it has a solid audience. Not to mention that Hasbro is very pleased with the sale of Clone Wars toys and merchandise.

I had a discussion about what I would like to see in the next season. I am glad that its not always about the war like the season finale, but I want to see a few flash back episodes.

I had a thought of having a trilogy story about master and padawan relationship. Have an episode where Obiwan is telling Asoka about an adventure with Qui-gon/Obiwan and then have an adventure with Obiwan/young Anakin and Anakin/Asoka and have it all tied together.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post

I had a thought of having a trilogy story about master and padawan relationship. Have an episode where Obiwan is telling Asoka about an adventure with Qui-gon/Obiwan and then have an adventure with Obiwan/young Anakin and Anakin/Asoka and have it all tied together.
    That would be sweet, love the Qui-gon idea.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Even tho his presence is fleeting I have always loved Qui-Gon. I think Liam Neeson was awesome and would love to see a flashback.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

CN is going to start showing an enhanced version of S1 to bridge the time till S2 begins to air

April 6, 2009 - Cartoon Network announced today that fans will have the chance to revisit Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Season 1 in a new way. Beginning Friday, May 1st at 9:00pm ET/PT on Cartoon Network, Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Decoded will feature the original Season 1 episodes in an enhanced format.

Taking the route first used by Pop Up Video, and recently used by ABC with enhanced versions of Lost, The Clone Wars: Decoded will use text windows to provide information on the series, from trivia to background on characters and storylines. This exclusive content is created by the same Lucasfilm Animation talent responsible for the series.

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    CN is going to start showing an enhanced version of S1 to bridge the time till S2 begins to air
    Definately going to record it as it likely wont be released on DVD. And I think your right it'll likely run until S2 airs.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Any word on when Season 1 (unenhanced) may be coming to DVD? I know there's a set out there already, but that's just four episodes?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Any word on when Season 1 (unenhanced) may be coming to DVD? I know there's a set out there already, but that's just four episodes?
    Shortly before Season 2 it will come out alongside the Blu-Ray Season release, no date has been given because the S2 premiere date has not been set by CN

Last year the show debuted in Oct so I would expect S2 to do the same and the DVD set to come in Aug or Sept
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Shortly before Season 2 it will come out alongside the Blu-Ray Season release, no date has been given because the S2 premiere date has not been set by CN

Last year the show debuted in Oct so I would expect S2 to do the same and the DVD set to come in Aug or Sept
    Cool, thanks...I will probably end up picking that up the day it's released!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Season 2 starts this coming Friday on October 2nd.

Here is a recent interview with George Lucas and director Dave Filoni about Season 2:
    http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars...922/index.html

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

The new season starts tonight at 8 pm eastern time.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    My thoughts on the season premiere so far. I thought it was good overall. They did jump at certain parts that I wish they would have given time to. I'll speak more later, so I won't spoil anything.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Being a SW freak that I am, I loved the start of season 2. The only thing that bothers me is they are starting to mix parts of ROTS into the series which confuses me a bit of where they are going to take it.
    Last edited by vadersfist; October 4, 2009 at 02:31am.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I'm glad to hear that Season 2 has started. It was a cute cartoon. I will watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    The only thing that bothers me is they are starting to mix parts of ROTS into the series which confuses me a bit of where they are going to take it.
    I must have missed something, what parts from Revenge of the Sith did they work in? Are you talking about what might have been a glimpse of Mustafar (lava planet) in one of the ads? I suspect any ROTS elements will just be there the same way General Grievous has been.

This was a fun premiere. Although my DTV reception is always terrible for this show. Only Cartoon Network, and mostly this show, seem to have so much trouble.

I still hope they'll be smart and follow this up with an animated show set just after New Hope, with Luke, Han, and Leia leading the Rebels on the run from Darth Vader and all of that. Granted, no Jedi action, but for me that's still the heart of Star Wars adventuring for most of my life. Plus, how long will James Earl Jones be available to voice Vader again? He's not getting younger and the Grim Reaper has been culling the ranks of Hollywood with relish lately.

I'm talking about the SW clone wars animated series on cartoon network. The season premiere had parts of where the holocrons are at in the Jedi library. Well that part plus the libraran as well in it thats a Jedi master along with the jedi coucil etc. Those 2 parts are in ROTS and AOTC movies. Its alot more then I want to write about all of it in here but basically it boils down to this. They are starting to mix parts of AOTC and ROTS in the animated series which confuses me so I gues we will just have to watch and see where they take it.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I must have missed something, what parts from Revenge of the Sith did they work in? Are you talking about what might have been a glimpse of Mustafar (lava planet) in one of the ads? I suspect any ROTS elements will just be there the same way General Grievous has been.

This was a fun premiere. Although my DTV reception is always terrible for this show. Only Cartoon Network, and mostly this show, seem to have so much trouble.

I still hope they'll be smart and follow this up with an animated show set just after New Hope, with Luke, Han, and Leia leading the Rebels on the run from Darth Vader and all of that. Granted, no Jedi action, but for me that's still the heart of Star Wars adventuring for most of my life. Plus, how long will James Earl Jones be available to voice Vader again? He's not getting younger and the Grim Reaper has been culling the ranks of Hollywood with relish lately.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Wasn't keen on these two episodes, not a good start to the series in my opinion. Why did Bane need a jedi to open the holocron when Sidious or Dooku could have done it? And honestly how many holocrons dis the jedi have in the vault, aren't these ment to me a rare artefact? Ahsoka was just as annoying, at least she's not wearing the boob tube anymore.
    And the intro to the second episode seemed to cover a lot, I felt like I'd missed a whole episode. End of rant.

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    I'm talking about the SW clone wars animated series on cartoon network. The season premiere had parts of where the holocrons are at in the Jedi library. Well that part plus the libraran as well in it thats a Jedi master along with the jedi coucil etc. Those 2 parts are in ROTS and AOTC movies. Its alot more then I want to write about all of it in here but basically it boils down to this. They are starting to mix parts of AOTC and ROTS in the animated series which confuses me so I gues we will just have to watch and see where they take it.
    I know we're talking about the current CG SW Clone Wars show, but forgive me for being confused. The library and Jocasta were introduced in AOTC, so I never thought of them as ROTS elements any more than Yoda or Mace Windu are. I honestly don't remember the holocrons in ROTS, they've been around since the Dark Horse comics in the 90s so I'd lost track of when the movies introduced them officially. The series has been including AOTC and ROTS elements from the beginning (no surprise since it's set after AOTC), so I didn't understand what would change because of what was shown in season 2 so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    And the intro to the second episode seemed to cover a lot, I felt like I'd missed a whole episode.
    I agree, that felt like a cheat. RE needing a Jedi to open the holocron, possibly Sidious can't because he was never a Jedi, and he doesn't want Dooku to know he's stealing one? I thought it was odd as well though.
    Last edited by gbagok; October 5, 2009 at 05:07pm.

I really enjoyed the premiere. It opened with a nice pace. I think the that Cade Bane should have had a few more jedi masters on his tail than obi-wan and anakin. We saw Mace, Yoda, Aayla and Luminara in the halls. Shouldn't they all have been looking for him? But that was my only complaint.

Didn't really enjoy this weeks episode ether. It had lots of action but the plot was weak and continuity flawed. The beginning was good when Bane first escaped the jedi but then it went down hill. Didn't like how they used Mustafar, I can't see Gungans having the intelligence to become jedi, Ahsoka back in the boob tube, and when did jedi get in the business of torture?
    I did however really like the design of the jedi cruser Obi-Wan and Mace used.
    End of rant, sorry.

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    ... and when did jedi get in the business of torture?
    I did however really like the design of the jedi cruser Obi-Wan and Mace used.
    End of rant, sorry.
    I'm ok with the gungan... just because someone or something is force sensitive doesn't mean it will become a jedi.

I didn't really see it as torture. Just a jedi method...

remember not all Gungans = Jar Jar.

The three seemed somewhat apprehensive of even doing what they did, which was just a tag team Jedi mind trick.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I am loving Season 2 so far! (Of course, I am a diehard SW fan/freak-even moreso than MOTU-and have no qualms with any of the things most don't care for.) In fact, I'm watching TESB right now on Spike!

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    I'm ok with the gungan... just because someone or something is force sensitive doesn't mean it will become a jedi.

I didn't really see it as torture. Just a jedi method...
    Good point about the force sensitive children, these weren't children chosen by the jedi they were just force sensitive children.

Well Bane was in a deal of pain, it was against his will, and the even talked about how dangerous it was, I'd call it torture.
    And while I'm on the subject of jedi morals I don't think Ahsoka would have been aloud to act in vengeance or at least of been told it was wrong/against the jedi code. Lucas even changed the title of ROTJ for that reason.

Wanted:

Tonight's episode was interesting. I liked all of those "marital bliss" moments with Anakin and Padme, and it was fun to see that there were other roosters in the henhouse before she ended up with The Chosen One. Also, we got to see a bit of that Dark Side Anakin at the end there. Poor fella...