Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 963

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

  1. #326
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    Throughout the season, though, I've really grown to like a number of these clone troopers, especially Rex, and hope that they find a way to allow for some of them not to be turned by the Emperor.

    That's been my biggest beef with the show since day 1. It gets us to like these troopers, but we all know in the end they'll be mowing down Jedi and defenseless people because the Emperor demands it...kinda hard to stay attached when I remember that part. So I'm really, really hoping that as the series goes on, we find there is some hope for our favorites.
    Thats the point though, in the first episode of the series Yoda tells the Clones that they may seem similar and are biologically identical but each are different according to the force. That is what makes Order 66 so heinous, because you see the relationship Cody has with Obi-Wan and only to be forced to turn on him regardless of his will.

    I do think Rex will be defiant and I think he will die because of it.

    And on another note, Oshoka has really grown on me. As a character I really like her. I'm guessing she won't get killed off when all the other Jedi do in episode III (I hope), and while I would like to see an eventual series finale deal with the events of episode III, I also would like to see her pop up in other stories late on. She would be an adult at the time of the original 3 movies, right?
    I think she will die in the finale, in the CW movie Jabba asks Anakin to make sure Dooku pays for kidnapping his son. And the anger which Anakin has at the beginning of EIII when he beheads Dooku is more than just Anakin is tired of dealing with him. You saw how upset Anakin got when Cad Bane was going to shoot Ahsoka out the airlock, it was only Ahsoka asking him to have patience that he did not go hunt Bane down.

    I think Dooku will be the one who kills Ahsoka and that sets Anakin off big time, leading directly to the beheading in the first part of EIII
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  2. #327
    Winning Skeletor Wacky Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,974
    I loved last nights episodes. The Commando droids are awesome, and it's the first time I've ever truly respected General Grievous in this series.

  3. #328
    Bang your head!!!
    MossMan710179's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    10,543
    I picked up season 1 last week on Blu Ray... and so far it's amazing.
    Im going to start disc 3 sometime this week...

  4. #329
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,645
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    I picked up season 1 last week on Blu Ray... and so far it's amazing.
    Im going to start disc 3 sometime this week...
    Get to it, you are missing some of the best episodes. Especially the Ryloth 3 parter and the season finale with Cad Bane.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  5. #330
    Bang your head!!!
    MossMan710179's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    10,543
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Get to it, you are missing some of the best episodes. Especially the Ryloth 3 parter and the season finale with Cad Bane.
    Im workin on it, get off my back
    I've been waiting to see Bane in action for months now after seeing a few clips and buying his figure. Not to mention Aurra Sing.

    They really need to do the Original Trilogy like this series...

  6. #331
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,737
    While I adore the Original Trilogy (and honestly, I love the Prequels just as much), this would be pretty cool, MossMan. I would at leats like to see some Classic Trilogy Era cartoons in this style. Heck, the Clone Wars mcDonald's Happy Meal toys even had Luke, Leia, Han, and the gang (sadly, no Lando), so the designs are already begun!

    And yes, Cad Bane is one of the coolest characters to come out of this series so far, and that is saying quite a bit, in my opinion.

    I want to see more episodes that take place in the earliest days of the Wars as well, like last seaon's "The Hidden Enemy (I think it was this one, in which one of the clones-won't say who-was a traitor)." That one clearly takes place before the CW movie. I would like to see how Obi-Wan and Ventress got to have such a fun, flirty reltionship. (I tend to overlook the EU, so the films and cartoon series are more canonical to me.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  7. #332
    Demonlord of Evil Galmorzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Connecticut, US
    Posts
    4,615
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think she will die in the finale, in the CW movie Jabba asks Anakin to make sure Dooku pays for kidnapping his son. And the anger which Anakin has at the beginning of EIII when he beheads Dooku is more than just Anakin is tired of dealing with him. You saw how upset Anakin got when Cad Bane was going to shoot Ahsoka out the airlock, it was only Ahsoka asking him to have patience that he did not go hunt Bane down.

    I think Dooku will be the one who kills Ahsoka and that sets Anakin off big time, leading directly to the beheading in the first part of EIII
    Ah, that's a very good point. I could totally see that.

    What bugs me so much about all this talk though is how likable Anakin is in this series. He's a real hero who actually cares about people and saving lives. He's what the movies TRIED to make us believe he was like but FAILED miserably. Anakin was nothing but a whiny, selfish, down-in-the-mouth brat from start to finish. I never liked him in the movies and felt they ruined Vader's redemption in Jedi. It's like, "But you were a punk back then, too!"

    Beh. Is this series Canonical at least? The writing is certainly miles beyond what the movies were...

    And I agree about Rex. As long as he goes out keeping his free will, then he will definitely go down as one of my favorite SW characters.

    And on the same note, Cad Bane freakin' rocks. A villain who's cruel but intelligent as all get out, and usually WINS. His plans almost always work. It's incredibly refreshing and adds so much to his character than villains who are constantly foiled, or villains who we are told are cool (howdy, Boba!).

    Ahsoka's definitely a highlight of this series, though, and if she does die in the finale, it could go a long way to making Anakin's sudden switch in the third movie more believable. He simply can't accept seeing another loved one go at that point.

    On a side note, a friend was catching a recent episode who doesn't really know anything about Star Wars, and noticed how Obi Wan and Ventress were bantering during their fight. She said, "Oh, those two are definitely going to hook up. She's got the hots for him big time, she just doesn't know it." I don't know the EU at all either, but she said it's Blackarachnia all over again. I don't agree, but I did think it was funny.
    Last edited by Galmorzu; January 3, 2010 at 07:05pm.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

  8. #333
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    Ah, that's a very good point. I could totally see that.

    What bugs me so much about all this talk though is how likable Anakin is in this series. He's a real hero who actually cares about people and saving lives. He's what the movies TRIED to make us believe he was like but FAILED miserably. Anakin was nothing but a whiny, selfish, down-in-the-mouth brat from start to finish. I never liked him in the movies and felt they ruined Vader's redemption in Jedi. It's like, "But you were a punk back then, too!"
    Anakin's portrayal in the movie is due to bad directing and bad dialogue, that is George Lucas fault completely. I have seen Hayden Christensen in other things and he was excellent, they also made Natalie Portman look bad in the movies and she can act her ass off. The character of Anakin was also leaps and bounds better in the previous CW animated mini-series. Not sure if he is a character that benefits from extra time to connect with audiences, or if the script writers for the live actions movies just suck that bad.

    Beh. Is this series Canonical at least? The writing is certainly miles beyond what the movies were...
    Yes for the most part the series is Canonical, it sometimes has issues but its not an alternate universe or a standalone series. Everything in it is passed by George Lucas and is to be accepted as canon.

    And on the same note, Cad Bane freakin' rocks. A villain who's cruel but intelligent as all get out, and usually WINS. His plans almost always work. It's incredibly refreshing and adds so much to his character than villains who are constantly foiled, or villains who we are told are cool (howdy, Boba!).
    Exactly, his arc in the beginning of Season 2 is downright amazing for a Star Wars villain. Usually they are foiled quite easily but he basically sticks his middle finger at the Jedi and is constantly screwing everyone.

    Ahsoka's definitely a highlight of this series, though, and if she does die in the finale, it could go a long way to making Anakin's sudden switch in the third movie more believable. He simply can't accept seeing another loved one go at that point.
    Yup we have already seen in Season 2 Anakin lose his emotions twice (once when Padme was asked to spy and almost died and the second when Bane had Ahsoka captured)

    This series is set to go another 3 seasons, after seeing Anakin use the force choke I think it will just increase emotionally.

    I just watched the latest episode and WOW was it good, loved the nods to EIV with the virtual chess game and Rex's explanation of why he is in the army.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  9. #334
    Demonlord of Evil Galmorzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Connecticut, US
    Posts
    4,615
    One more point, but I love how Grievious is portrayed in this series. He's intense, incredibly deadly, and seems (now) to have a motive of his own, as dark as it is.

    In the third movie, his fight scene was laughably short and he went out like a total chump.

    I really, really like how he's represented in this so much more...

    Are the new episodes going to be playing weekly again now?
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

  10. #335
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,287
    These last two episode have been by far the best in season two so far by a long shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    That's been my biggest beef with the show since day 1. It gets us to like these troopers, but we all know in the end they'll be mowing down Jedi and defenseless people because the Emperor demands it...kinda hard to stay attached when I remember that part. So I'm really, really hoping that as the series goes on, we find there is some hope for our favorites.
    I've always seen order 66 as some kind of genetical switch in their coding where by when Palpatine issues it they can't do anything but follow it.

    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yes for the most part the series is Canonical, it sometimes has issues but its not an alternate universe or a standalone series. Everything in it is passed by George Lucas and is to be accepted as canon.
    From what I've read when the Maladorians are introduced later in this season the cannon (as far as Maladorians are concerned at least) is going to be thrown into the wind. Karen Traviss who is a Star Wars EU author and has written a lot about the Maladorians has even said she wont work on Star Wars projects again because of it.
    In most case's where the cannon is messed up/changed it's been George Lucas who has given permission to do it, but that still doesn't make it right IMHO, you can't just contradict what other writers have done, if everybody did that the whole cannon would be a mess.

    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think Dooku will be the one who kills Ahsoka and that sets Anakin off big time, leading directly to the beheading in the first part of EIII
    I'd like to see her die in the finally and I'd like to see it be Anakin's falt (but not by his hand) just to add to his fall.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    One more point, but I love how Grievious is portrayed in this series. He's intense, incredibly deadly, and seems (now) to have a motive of his own, as dark as it is.
    Have you seen the clone wars mico-series? In one episode he takes on about 6 jedi by himself and kick their ass!
    Last edited by 13977; January 5, 2010 at 04:26pm.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  11. #336
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,645
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I've always seen order 66 as some kind of genetical switch in their coding where by when Palpatine issues it they can't do anything but follow it.
    According to the EU of Star Wars some Clones can override those commands and did. Now we know Lucas likes to rewrite history so everything is up in the air I think as far as where he wants to go

    From what I've read when the Maladorians are introduced later in this season the cannon (as far as Maladorians are concerned at least) is going to be thrown into the wind. Karen Traviss who is a Star Wars EU author and has written a lot about the Maladorians has even said she wont work on Star Wars projects again because of it.
    Yeah I had read something similar, I have always hated how he goes back and revises stuff so it fits in.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  12. #337
    Demonlord of Evil Galmorzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Connecticut, US
    Posts
    4,615
    While that sucks that the later part of this season will throw such a wrench into the EU canon, I have to say that I like this series so much that it doesn't bother me too much. Granted, I don't know much about the EU canon anyway, but it's just so nice to see such a well written show on tv that I can let it slide.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

  13. #338
    The power has returned MOTUfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    **** Rapids, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,755
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Thats the point though, in the first episode of the series Yoda tells the Clones that they may seem similar and are biologically identical but each are different according to the force. That is what makes Order 66 so heinous, because you see the relationship Cody has with Obi-Wan and only to be forced to turn on him regardless of his will.

    I do think Rex will be defiant and I think he will die because of it.



    I think she will die in the finale, in the CW movie Jabba asks Anakin to make sure Dooku pays for kidnapping his son. And the anger which Anakin has at the beginning of EIII when he beheads Dooku is more than just Anakin is tired of dealing with him. You saw how upset Anakin got when Cad Bane was going to shoot Ahsoka out the airlock, it was only Ahsoka asking him to have patience that he did not go hunt Bane down.

    I think Dooku will be the one who kills Ahsoka and that sets Anakin off big time, leading directly to the beheading in the first part of EIII
    Not sure if she will die at all she brings in a key demographic, and her race can live to be 100 years old so technically she could be written into the NJO era if its revealed she survived the Purge etc. I mean seriously if somehow she did live and just disappeared etc, they could do so much with her in the Expanded Universe.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

  14. #339
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,645
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Not sure if she will die at all she brings in a key demographic, and her race can live to be 100 years old so technically she could be written into the NJO era if its revealed she survived the Purge etc. I mean seriously if somehow she did live and just disappeared etc, they could do so much with her in the Expanded Universe.
    Well even if they do not kill her I think something will happen to her (whether its getting almost killed, or badly injured) that gives Anakin the final burst of anger he needs to off Dooku in EIII

    It would also probably work to explain why she is so absent from storylines (outside the glarringly obvious fact she is a new character lol), if she is injured and in recovery at the time of Order 66 she could be in hiding.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  15. #340
    Bug-Shido Warrior gatchagrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    989
    i never really watched the show on CN,,, however i did pick it up on blu-ray
    and i really love the series... not so much for the jrdi but for the clone troopers.. i think that is just a great dynamic ...here you have an entire reace that programed for military use form the same guy and siven their individual experiences all develop their own personalities...

    i also want to say i hate this show because it got me building a toy clone army... argg...

    got the turbo tank on clearance for them too...
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

    Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

  16. #341
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,287
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well even if they do not kill her I think something will happen to her (whether its getting almost killed, or badly injured) that gives Anakin the final burst of anger he needs to off Dooku in EIII

    It would also probably work to explain why she is so absent from storylines (outside the glarringly obvious fact she is a new character lol), if she is injured and in recovery at the time of Order 66 she could be in hiding.
    If she doesn't die maybe she looses her connection to the force or maybe even just leaves the jedi order, or is expelled from it!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  17. #342
    Heroic Warrior banthafett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    toledo ohio
    Posts
    486
    I think who lives and who doesnt will depend on how they want to take the Live Action Series. Have a feeling you are going to see some Jedi hunted and killed in the show. Cant wait. With how well the CW is wrote, Im really excited, until you think about the acting.

    austin

  18. #343
    Heroic Warrior illicitjedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    1,119
    Where is Shaak Ti!!!! They have Adi- or whatever in the show, but not Shaak Ti. She actually gave Grevious a pretty good showing before in the animated series. (which I guess would be after the clone wars...)
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

  19. #344
    The power has returned MOTUfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    **** Rapids, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,755
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    If she doesn't die maybe she looses her connection to the force or maybe even just leaves the jedi order, or is expelled from it!
    Or like many Jedi in the EU have done gone into hiding after all more and more Jedi appear in the novels etc, so it is not all that impossible to believe that if she does survive that she just goes into hiding etc.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

  20. #345
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,287
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Or like many Jedi in the EU have done gone into hiding after all more and more Jedi appear in the novels etc, so it is not all that impossible to believe that if she does survive that she just goes into hiding etc.
    I think their has to be some explanation to why she's not in EPIII as should could not have completed her training by then, even if its just that the council decide that Anakin is not ready for an apprentice after all and reassign her to a new master. But like I say I hope they kill her off myself.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  21. #346
    Demonlord of Evil Galmorzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Connecticut, US
    Posts
    4,615
    Or better yet, Rex dies protecting her, but Anakin thinks they both died. She goes into hiding. There you go.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

  22. #347
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,645
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I think their has to be some explanation to why she's not in EPIII as should could not have completed her training by then, even if its just that the council decide that Anakin is not ready for an apprentice after all and reassign her to a new master. But like I say I hope they kill her off myself.
    I would think if she was taken away from Anakin they would have her finish her training with Plo Kloon, since he is responsible for bringing her to the order in the first place and they have a bond.

    That could be the way out in EIII since you really do not see what happens to Plo Kloon till Order 66 takes his life at the end. It could also add to Anakins anger that he had his Padawan removed.

    So many possibilities, hopefully Lucas does not botch it.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  23. #348
    Bang your head!!!
    MossMan710179's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    10,543
    Well I just finished season 1... It was great...

  24. #349
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,287
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I would think if she was taken away from Anakin they would have her finish her training with Plo Kloon, since he is responsible for bringing her to the order in the first place and they have a bond.

    That could be the way out in EIII since you really do not see what happens to Plo Kloon till Order 66 takes his life at the end. It could also add to Anakins anger that he had his Padawan removed.

    So many possibilities, hopefully Lucas does not botch it.
    Yeah Plo Kloon would be a good choice if thats the direction they decide to take. Like you say, lets hope Lucasfilm don't botch it up.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  25. #350
    Heroic Warrior vadersfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,784
    Well I see CW's going on for at least another couple more seasons. I can't see them ending it anytime soon either. With the live action stuff won't be coming for at least another yr or so, I am pretty sure we will see CWs for some time even after the live action has started. The CW series has done so well on CN and thats coming from Lucas when he was on the comedy central show with Jon Stewart.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •