Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    George Lucas stated that he's hoping to go past 100 episodes. That's about 4 or 5 seasons depending. He also didn't rule out the possiblity for more CW movies.

Dave Filoni also brought up the point that there's tons of characters and material to work with so there's not shortage of story material. He's also not opposed to going back into flashbacks before the CW. He's dropped hints of possibly seeing Qui-gon Jinn in a flashback episode.

He also brought up that now that the animation programs are up and running, there's not limit on what they can now create. It doesn't really take them much effort anymore to create new characters and vehicles which is why your seeing tons of them now in season 2.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    Well I see CW's going on for at least another couple more seasons. I can't see them ending it anytime soon either. With the live action stuff won't be coming for at least another yr or so, I am pretty sure we will see CWs for some time even after the live action has started. The CW series has done so well on CN and thats coming from Lucas when he was on the comedy central show with Jon Stewart.
    Yeah he has said multiple times his goal is to have it run at least 5 seasons and reach well past 100 episodes in order to sell it to syndication and tell his story properly
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Last weeks episode wasn't to bad for an Ahsoka based episode, didn't like the design of the two thief's but really like the design of the old jedi, in fact I think he made the episode, loved his lightsaber design, how it was the handle of his walking stick. Not to sure if I liked the "pass on what you have learned" line at the end, it kind of takes the thunder out of the line in ROTJ, even though its meant to be a nod to it.
    But still, lets see more of the WAR already, please.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

The only thing about last weeks episode that irked me was when Ahsoka called the jedi "gramps"

Other than that the show is solid, its ratings have been the highest they have ever been (it approached 2.5-3 for the first time ever)

Quote Originally Posted by 13977
    But still, lets see more of the WAR already, please.
    It is supposed to get a lot darker and the Mandelorians are coming into the war shortly, that should be good!!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The only thing about last weeks episode that irked me was when Ahsoka called the jedi "gramps"

Other than that the show is solid, its ratings have been the highest they have ever been (it approached 2.5-3 for the first time ever)

It is supposed to get a lot darker and the Mandelorians are coming into the war shortly, that should be good!!
    Yup 'Gramps' was highly OOC for her being a Jedi from such a young age she would have more respect.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Year but I'm a big EU fan and I've not like what I heard they've done with the the Mandelorians and in total disregarding their existing established history.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Yup 'Gramps' was highly OOC for her being a Jedi from such a young age she would have more respect.
    Thats why I don't like the Ahsoka character as she is totally OOC for a padawan, like when she call's Anakin 'Skyguy' and not Master, or the fact that she wears a boob tube when Yoda doesn't even like Luke wearing a tank top in TESB so as if he would let her wear that. She would have never made it that far in the Jedi Order and would have been weeded out at an early age for the disrespect alone.

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Thats why I don't like the Ahsoka character as she is totally OOC for a padawan, like when she call's Anakin 'Skyguy' and not Master, or the fact that she wears a boob tube when Yoda doesn't even like Luke wearing a tank top in TESB so as if he would let her wear that. She would have never made it that far in the Jedi Order and would have been weeded out at an early age for the disrespect alone.
    I don't think I ever interpreted Yoda's reference to flesh as "crude matter" as disapproval for Luke not wearing an over-shirt. He was making a spiritual point, not condemning attire that might be revealing. Besides, Aayla Secura has already liberated Jedi women from such expectations.

I love Ahsoka, I think she's for once an actual person and not a stately cliche like most of the jedi have been. I didn't read "gramps" as particularly malicious, but I think it's totally within character for someone learning from Anakin to say something like that. I love that they gave her a relatable problem in the episode instead of playing up that she's the wunderkind. I thought this was another very strong episode. The ending was a bit of a bummer though, because all it did was remind me that all these characters are doomed. Passing on information to the younglings seems like an especially dead end given the events of Episode 3.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I don't think I ever interpreted Yoda's reference to flesh as "crude matter" as disapproval for Luke not wearing an over-shirt. He was making a spiritual point, not condemning attire that might be revealing. Besides, Aayla Secura has already liberated Jedi women from such expectations.

I love Ahsoka, I think she's for once an actual person and not a stately cliche like most of the jedi have been. I didn't read "gramps" as particularly malicious, but I think it's totally within character for someone learning from Anakin to say something like that. I love that they gave her a relatable problem in the episode instead of playing up that she's the wunderkind. I thought this was another very strong episode. The ending was a bit of a bummer though, because all it did was remind me that all these characters are doomed. Passing on information to the younglings seems like an especially dead end given the events of Episode 3.

Good point on Aayla Secura's attire but thats how I've always interpreted Yoda's line from TESB, he even touches lukes shirt or arm when he says it.
    I think the reason most jedi come off as a 'stately cliche' is because thats how their raised to act from a very early age so most of them are bound to act alike.

Wanted:

I didn't see Ahsoka acting OOC with the "gramps" comment too much. Since early in the series and in the CW movie, she tends to give people nicknames. She gives nicknames to almost everybody.

It's also been established that's she's still pretty rough around the edges and more gung-ho than other padawans. Some allude that she's gotten a bit of Anakin's attitude, but she's been pretty defiant since the beginning of the series.

Bariss Offee would have been more subdued, but then she would have told her master and this series of events wouldn't have happened. But then, Ahsoka learned a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I didn't see Ahsoka acting OOC with the "gramps" comment too much. Since early in the series and in the CW movie, she tends to give people nicknames. She gives nicknames to almost everybody.

It's also been established that's she's still pretty rough around the edges and more gung-ho than other padawans. Some allude that she's gotten a bit of Anakin's attitude, but she's been pretty defiant since the beginning of the series.

Bariss Offee would have been more subdued, but then she would have told her master and this series of events wouldn't have happened. But then, Ahsoka learned a lesson.
    Think his point was not OCC for Ahsoka but OOC for the position she is in. Many people aren't overly fond of her because she is supposed to be a Jedi in training and many of her nicknames and general attitude show a lack of respect from her.

which of course many in her 12-15 age range act like that. The Jedi do however have a tendency of coming off as stuffy.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

On a side note, however, look who her Master is. He doesn't seem too eager to instill the kinds of qualities in her found in many other Jedi. Like Master, like Padawan, I guess.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

I said the same, Galmorzu, but people who don't like Ahsoka probably don't like her more for being like Anakin. I think that the nicknames, which Lucas wanted in Star Wars and specifically in Clone Wars according to the DVD documentaries, are fine and something you either accept or you don't--like Battle Droids making silly comments.

I think it helped clarify her arc in the episode: Ahsoka undervalued Tera Sinube's input because he was slow and old, and she learned she was wrong by the end. I find it very believable for her to lose site of showing respect when she was in mental distress over her lightsaber. I wish I could say I don't need to relearn lessons, but I do all the time. I can believe it is the same for a Jedi padawan--and I much prefer the characterization over all Jedi and their padawans acting like detached Vulcan monks.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Good point on Aayla Secura's attire but thats how I've always interpreted Yoda's line from TESB, he even touches lukes shirt or arm when he says it.
    I think the reason most jedi come off as a 'stately cliche' is because thats how their raised to act from a very early age so most of them are bound to act alike.
    I mean no disrespect, but I think that's a very inaccurate reading of the scene. The only thing more inaccurate might be thinking Yoda was fondling Luke. Yoda might have sounded a little Gnostic, but his speech in the whole scene was about the spirit being greater than mere physical substance and form.

I don't mind it so much now, my initial reaction was a bit jarring. My reasoning is the same as when I see pretty little princess elsewhere. The Jedi are modeled after Shaolin Monks, Japanese Samurai mixed in with a few other things. I am sure not all in those lines were stuffy people in training, and I think it creates part of the problem that came with the new trilogy a lack of characterization for the individuals.

I don't mine the Eu stuff, I read the comics have read some of the novels. While it does bug me to some extent that Lucas lets stuff out to later say with a hand wave I didn't write it isn't official I also realize they don't exactly communicate with him how various things were meant to play out. I think this all flavored many of us to believe the Jedi as this upstanding citizens who have proper manners and posture etc, when in reality they are most likely not all like that. If you have dealt with many 12-14 year old of either gender she fits quite perfectly in line with those of this age group. Heck I have used the expression that at that age they become demon possessed and don't fully recover till their mid twenties. I think some of us want this ideal role model of those of this age group to follow, but we need to stop and embrace this age group and work within it instead of trying to fully make them little 30 year olds.

Now I do agree initially they overshot their mark and she has turned out to be a decent character. I haven't watched the last few episodes, so can't say much about them personally. I think she could be wearing much worse, and behaving a lot worse along with it. The point of the show is she is in that age range where she is needing said guidance to become a Jedi Knight like the others, if she is already behaving perfectly fine then why does she need to follow Anakin and Obi Wan around to learn? It's her decisions now and their guidance that will mold her into that, if she was already there then give her her robes and let her be a general already. Granted she does at times seem to have a bit too much say into how things should be done, and in some cases has too much responsibility. I mean if I was in a war I wouldn't mind if the generals had cadets following them around, but to have them issuing out orders?

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Does Lucas say anything about why Anakin is more mature and less of a whiny baby in this series than he was in ROTS?
    I do like this series and it almost makes up for the crap that was the prequels.

To the best of my knowledge no, but I think it was the writing of the prequels. Largely due to the fact of show vs tell. While technically Lucas was showing these scenes to us it always felt like you would see his disembodied head appear on screen and say this is the point that Anakin and Padme fall for each other, queue montage, at this point Anakin is very upset about his mom, queue scene. So while he technically did show us, (kind of hard not to in a film) he was very much telling the viewer what we were supposed to think.

The animated series has handled showing much better, by letting scenes develop and not trying to jam pack so much into a short space of time. Which was the other fault, Anakin was too young in the first movie he should have been more in the preteen age and started having the a better spark of romance with Padme then. This would have made the he's too old thing feel more natural, the scenes between Anakin and Padme would have come off better. The rest of the stuff still needed work but another issue all together.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The animated series has handled showing much better, by letting scenes develop and not trying to jam pack so much into a short space of time. Which was the other fault, Anakin was too young in the first movie he should have been more in the preteen age and started having the a better spark of romance with Padme then. This would have made the he's too old thing feel more natural, the scenes between Anakin and Padme would have come off better. The rest of the stuff still needed work but another issue all together.
    Not to mention the dialogue in the prequels was horrendous. I mean Anakin says things like ma lady to Padme and then in EIII we find out that Padme died of a "broken heart". It was just horrible writing on top of rushed story.

The animated series (both the previous mini series and the current series) have been written excellently, the pace is correct, and the words are not forced.

I think it helps that the voice actors love playing their roles, where I am not so sure Hayden loved playing Anakin (or at least playing him as whiney as Lucas wrote him, since his range is greater than that acting wise)

I think it helps that the voice actors love playing their roles, where I am not so sure Hayden loved playing Anakin (or at least playing him as whiney as Lucas wrote him, since his range is greater than that acting wise)
    I can't tell either way. The only two movies I have seen him in other then the Star Wars movies were Virgin Suicides and Life as a House. The first I saw before and had no recognition of him, and the second I saw after Episode Two to see if he was better or not. Because of the viewing order I watched his movies, I was biased and can't really make a fair assessment either way. He played a bit of a whiney teen in both so that also doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I mean no disrespect, but I think that's a very inaccurate reading of the scene. The only thing more inaccurate might be thinking Yoda was fondling Luke. Yoda might have sounded a little Gnostic, but his speech in the whole scene was about the spirit being greater than mere physical substance and form.
    I just watched that scene again on youtube with your point of view in mind and you know what, I think you might be right. I think my interpretation might have been an interpretation that has stuck with me since I was a child and it took you to make me look at it a new with adult eyes. Just goes to show you can have seen something a million time and still notice something you haven't noticed before.

This weeks episode was good with plenty of action and great fight scenes the only down side from a EU fans point of view is the drastic change in the portrayal of the Mandalorians from warriors to pacifists (this is like if the new Star Trek film making the Klingons out to be pacifists) and how this affects their already established history. If this episode had been set on entirely new planet it would have been just as good and avoided the continuity problems.
    Last edited by 13977; February 1, 2010 at 04:32pm.

Wanted:

I like the Mandolorians. It looks like they are going to be another thorn to the Jedi. The action was good and plenty. I think think the dutchess was too much like Padme. I would have preferred if they made her a bit more different personality wise. Although, I admit that she was a good fit for Kenobi.

I would have preferred a flashback or some images of showing how they were when they first met to clear up and establish that they have a history. Not to mention I've been wanting to see some pre-clone wars imagery and characters.

The EU guys have my sympathies though. I can only imagine how much of an uproar they are over their Mandalorian stories are getting rewritten thanks to Filoni and Lucas.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Typical George Lucas tripe, ruining all the established EU works concerning the Mandalorians. Pacifists, such hogwash. You know what, if he knew he was going to do this crap, then he shouldn't have let the authors expand the whole Mandalorian mythos. I'm sure Karen Traviss is furious.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Typical George Lucas tripe, ruining all the established EU works concerning the Mandalorians. Pacifists, such hogwash. You know what, if he knew he was going to do this crap, then he shouldn't have let the authors expand the whole Mandalorian mythos. I'm sure Karen Traviss is furious.
    I think the EU others posted somewhere that they are never going to work on SW again because of this.

Its a shame, but people should not be surprised since he has been trying to retcon things for years.

I think she said she is done writing Star Wars when the information came out. I agree that if this was Lucas' vision of them he should have stepped in and said something. But to be honest I am not sure how much of a vision he really had and how much is him flying by the seat of his pants.

Other creators of properties have been shown to step in and say no.

I find it funny how passionate EU people are. They really tie into their novels and stories and take it to heart when actually EU is not canon and just really polished fan fiction. It is.

Lucas owns Star Wars and his word is law. He rewrote the mythos and there's very little that can be done about it now.

I'm more curious about the black saber myself.

I have only read some of the comics and played some of the games myself. So I am not really a EU junky or anything. But J.K. Rowling worked with the people making the movies to make sure they didn't go to far off plan, Whedon has nixed ideas in both comics and novels. From mu understanding Goodkind wasn't particularly happy with the lack of involvement he had with Legend of the Seeker, we all know Alan Moore and there are many others I am sure.

Lucas as the power and capability to have handled this right, in the case of Goodkind he didn't put in the contractual stipulation he would be involved like Rowling did.

I generally despise the Star Wars EU. There is some awesome stuff there, without a doubt (Shadows of the Empire, Thrawn trilogy, most of the Clone Wars material, Force Unleashed), but it really does read like fan fiction a lot of the time. The glorification of the Mandalorians in particular, as well as Boba 'Mary Sue' Fett. And I still hate how they made Count Dooku a racist.

Lucas can do what he wants, it's his story, and I'd rather he did it his way.
    "Evil can never defeat good!"
    "Don't be ridiculous, of course it can!"
    He-Man and Skeletor in 'Crack in the World'.