Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Oh yeah, like Padme dying in Episode III, when Leia tells Luke she clearly remembers her. Lucas flies by the seat of his pants, and he's such a control freak he ruined the prequel trilogy and the fourth Indy film. Let other people write the stories and keep your fingers out of the pie, you old hack!
    Well, I need to comment on this one heh surprised I haven't. But researchers do claim that the mother child bond in the womb can form such a connection that it is possible to have slight memories. So, in Lucas' universe with the Force and everything it is possible that Leia had remembered her mother at those dying moments more than likely.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Well, I need to comment on this one heh surprised I haven't. But researchers do claim that the mother child bond in the womb can form such a connection that it is possible to have slight memories. So, in Lucas' universe with the Force and everything it is possible that Leia had remembered her mother at those dying moments more than likely.
    And we also do not know what happens when someone passes on who is not a Jedi, there is nothing to say Leia did not receive visions or subconscious info

For as powerful and her and Luke were with Anakin being their father they would have had very strong bonds (which is why they needed to be hidden)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Great points by markatisu and MOTUfan. I personally love the prequels as much as the classic trilogy, if in slightly different ways. People ften forget how long the originals have had to distill and embed themselves in our memories and those of the world at large. Also, these movies are all made in a style very archaic as far as storytelling goes. Minimalism at its best, wooden dialogue, and an emphasis on action and effects rather than the "dying and crying", as Marcia Lucas once comented. They are meant to embody the same characteristics of Saturday morning matinee serials (as are the Indy films to a degree, while the fourth, which I love, goes more in the direction of a 1950's B-movie).

In any event, I love the saga, the Clone Wars series, and I look forward to much more. Sadly, I will miss tonight's episode ("Zilla Monster") because we're off to see Clash of teh Titans. I'll have to wake up a bit early to catch it tomorrow!

I am really looking forward to the series finale three-parter!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

This weeks episode was really good untill the giant Pokemon showed up, what a terrible design.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I didn't think the Godzilla monster was that bad. I rather liked it. The one thing I was really impressed with the episode was the cinematography. They actually did some beautiful wide shots and I liked how they made the monster appear with the green mist. Very Godzilla like.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Yes, I loved both of the Zillo Beast episodes! Bring on Boba!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

I thought the season 2 finale was pretty good. I was surprised to see Boba and Bossk captured at the end. It was nice to see some layers to Boba. I thought Mace's final words to Boba were a little flat, though.

HD figures on youtube
    Great episodes tonight!!!!!!!!!

SPOILERS
    I laughed my butt off at R2 attaching the monster to the ship! I also loved Mace's words to R2 after he saved them also. Aurra just kicks all kinds of booty. I was kinda suprised by Bobba's compassion also.

Can't wait for season 3 now! Wonder if Ahsoka's nightmare has anything to do with her demise?. I DONT want to see that, but know it's coming. I love Ahsoka!

Final Episode and Season 3 Preview

***Spoilers***

For some reason (which I like) we’re ahead here in the UK, so I’ve just finished watching the final episode of the season. A really solid episode, and one of the best of the season by far. Really good stuff. So good to see Plo Koon getting another starring role, and he’s phenomenal in this episode, as is Ahsoka. I’m quite curious to see how Aurra and Slave 1 get salvaged, as well as how Boba and Bossk escape. I’m guessing that’s for season 3.

Speaking of season 3, here’s a short preview of it. To me at least, it looks like they’re beginning to play around with the theme of Ahsoka’s inevitable death. I don’t know, but it sounds quite interesting. Also, Shaak Ti seems to be finally making her Clone Wars debut. Enjoy:

***Please make sure to embed youtube links***

I'm not convinced Ahsoka's death is so certain. They have the post-RotS series planned, and supposedly there's a post-RotJ animated show too (as well as a sit com), so Ahsoka may be saved to show up again in those shows. It would certainly be good to keep some characters around who can bridge the prequel era to the later one (other than the droids). I know it'd be great to see Luke find an adult Ahsoka in hiding and rebuild the Jedi with her help--putting all her character development to actual use instead of being a dead end (and erasing the misdirected EU history too).

I'm kind of sorry Boba was made so likable in these last three episodes. I mean it was great to have an antagonist rather than just another scheming evil villain again. But every time they show him, I resent how he died in RotJ. And Mace Windu is just a jerk. I'm not sorry he gets his in the end, just that Boba isn't the one to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'm not convinced Ahsoka's death is so certain. They have the post-RotS series planned, and supposedly there's a post-RotJ animated show too (as well as a sit com), so Ahsoka may be saved to show up again in those shows. It would certainly be good to keep some characters around who can bridge the prequel era to the later one (other than the droids). I know it'd be great to see Luke find an adult Ahsoka in hiding and rebuild the Jedi with her help--putting all her character development to actual use instead of being a dead end (and erasing the misdirected EU history too).

I'm kind of sorry Boba was made so likable in these last three episodes. I mean it was great to have an antagonist rather than just another scheming evil villain again. But every time they show him, I resent how he died in RotJ. And Mace Windu is just a jerk. I'm not sorry he gets his in the end, just that Boba isn't the one to get him.
    What fans are forgetting is that Ahsoka's species the Togruta have a life expectancy of one hundred years, however a Force sensitive Togruta could likely live longer. And as we know many Jedi have survived Order 66. So it is honestly not out of the realm of possibility that Ahsoka could still be alive Post-ROTJ, and even once the Clone Wars Toon is done and in the can writers can script Ahsoka into the Expanded Universe in the future. I am curious if she has been in any novels or anything besides the movie, the series and the comic/Graphic novels yet??

Also on Ahsoka living we are looking at the children demo here, Ahsoka connects with the kids, and that is a huge selling point as well

This thread on another site is A VERY fun read everyone fitting the Clone Wars together:

http://boards.theforce.net/live_acti...67/29754643/p1

And now the chronological list without the Boba Trilogy in place just yet.

-217: Cat and Mouse
    -201: The Hidden Enemy
    -118/TCW: The New Padawan
    -101/TCW: Castle of Doom
    -103/TCW: Castle of Deception
    -104/TCW: Castle of Salvation
    -102: Downfall of a Droid
    -106: Duel of the Droids
    -108: Ambush
    -107: Rising Malevolence
    -109: Shadow of Malevolence
    -111: Destroy Malevolence
    -213: The Mandalore Plot
    -121: Voyage of Temptation
    -216: Duchess of Mandalore
    -105: Bombad Jedi
    -110: Cloak of Darkness
    -112: Lair of Grievous
    -114: Rookies
    -116: Dooku Captured
    -120: The Gungan General
    -115: Storm Over Ryloth
    -117: Innocents of Ryloth
    -119: Liberty on Ryloth
    -122: Jedi Crash
    -124: Defenders of Peace
    -125: Trespass
    -126: Blue Shadow Virus
    -202: Mystery of a Thousand Moons
    -219: Bounty Hunters
    -204: Hostage Crisis
    -123: Holocron Heist
    -113: Cargo of Doom
    -203: Children of the Force
    -205: Senate Spy
    -207: Landing at Point Rain
    -208: Weapons Factory
    -209: Legacy of Terror
    -212: Brain Invaders
    -211: Lightsaber Lost
    -214: Grievous Intrigue
    -206: The Deserter
    -210: Senate Murders
    -222: The Zillo Beast
    -223: The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

[QUOTE=Krueger;2417838]***Spoilers***

For some reason (which I like) we’re ahead here in the UK, so I’ve just finished watching the final episode of the season. A really solid episode, and one of the best of the season by far. Really good stuff. So good to see Plo Koon getting another starring role, and he’s phenomenal in this episode, as is Ahsoka. I’m quite curious to see how Aurra and Slave 1 get salvaged, as well as how Boba and Bossk escape. I’m guessing that’s for season 3.

Speaking of season 3, here’s a short preview of it. To me at least, it looks like they’re beginning to play around with the theme of Ahsoka’s inevitable death. I don’t know, but it sounds quite interesting. Also, Shaak Ti seems to be finally making her Clone Wars debut. Enjoy:

Ahead? We all saw it...!

I loved the series finale! I can't wait for more!

MOTUfan, where did you get that chronilogical list? I knew some of the episodes were clearly out of order, but this is much moreso than I had imagined. Thanks!

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I enjoyed the finale, but like mentioned before, Windu's a bit of a turd. Particularly when he told Boba 'he'd have to forgive him'. What? Come on.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Yeah the last two episodes were good, two of the best in the series. Slave 1 must get salvaged somehow, though it did look a pretty big explosion though, maybe it will get the new paint job at the same time.

Wanted:

The Clone Wars Season 3 Trailer

Looking good. Like the hints of Asoka inevitable death and big space battles but don't like Cad Bane using a lightsaber (unless he's revealed to be a former jedi but that has already been done to death). I hate non-jedi using lightsabers in fights against a jedi, they just wouldn't stand a chance the fight would last about two seconds.
    Also liked the glimpse of someone form the 'Brainiac' species, not very often you see that species used. From the figure show of him at SDCC it looks like he's going to be a clone trainer.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...ler_132777.asp

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Looking good. Like the hints of Asoka inevitable death and big space battles but don't like Cad Bane using a lightsaber (unless he's revealed to be a former jedi but that has already been done to death). I hate non-jedi using lightsabers in fights against a jedi, they just wouldn't stand a chance the fight would last about two seconds.
    Also liked the glimpse of someone form the 'Brainiac' species, not very often you see that species used. From the figure show of him at SDCC it looks like he's going to be a clone trainer.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...ler_132777.asp

You know, we've all been wondering just what it was that pushed Anakin over to the dark side so quickly, as it was never realy explained in the movies... Other than the fact that he was an unstable creation/experiment of the force. Maybe the death of Asoka, who we don't see in episode 3, finally pushes him over the edge?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I still don't think it is a given she dies. Some of this was shown in the Season 3 preview at the end of the season 2 finale.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=157397

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    They are not going to kill Ahsoka in season 3. They are nowhere near the end of the series. There was even a small spoiler about her in the secret Season 3 codes from Cartoon Network.

Hint: She will begin to start using a small lightsaber dagger along with her regular lightsaber now. The visions are really part of her trial on her path to being a Jedi Knight. She is getting closer to being a knight. End of hint.

Season 3 looks awesome.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I'm sure she'll die eventually, but not until the series comes to an end.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I am so looking forward to season 3, I love this series.
    SUPPORTING THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HE-MAN 110%

Well if Lucasart give us an alternate ending on Anakin and others, that might be awesome though. I hope they reproduce Episode 3 in cartoon that might help why Anakin slowly going into the dark side.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    You know, we've all been wondering just what it was that pushed Anakin over to the dark side so quickly, as it was never realy explained in the movies... Other than the fact that he was an unstable creation/experiment of the force. Maybe the death of Asoka, who we don't see in episode 3, finally pushes him over the edge?
    No I don't think she'll die in this series they stretch it out as long as they can and they said at one time they had a least 100 episodes planned, but it's setting up things to come which I like.
    I think the moves explained Anakins fall to the dark side enough (just not that well) he lost his mother and feared loosing Padme as well, but I'm all for Asoka adding to this, I really want her death to be Anakins fault or at lease have him blame himself for it, like thinking he didn't train her well enough or something, going really dark, loosing control and avenging her death.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I still don't think it is a given she dies. Some of this was shown in the Season 3 preview at the end of the season 2 finale.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=157397
    I didn't post this in that thread as I was the last person to post in it so it wouldn't have got bumped and nobody would have noticed it.

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I'm sure she'll die eventually, but not until the series comes to an end.
    It is the perfect lead in to Episode III as well, from everything we have seen there is no reason for Anakin to cut Dooku's head off at the start of that film.

Nothing Dooku has done could make Anakin that angry, even if he was at the point where he was going to turn to the Dark side. We know from the Clone Wars movie that Anakin promised Jabba that Dooku would pay for kidnapping the Hutlet.

Ahsoka may not die, she may be perceived to be dead but in hiding, etc. But she is central to Anakin's story, we know that.

I fully believe after the way S1 and S2 have been scripted, that something will happen to Ahsoka and that is the catalyst that sets up Anakin to be broken at the end of EIII and snap after he think he kills Padme.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I didn't post this in that thread as I was the last person to post in it so it wouldn't have got bumped and nobody would have noticed it.
    Fyi, one can always delete their last post and then post a new post. If you want to keep the contents of your last post, you can do a copy-paste and put it in the new post as well. I've done that with some threads in the past.

no more clones wars, please. is time to explore another time period in sw, perhaps between ep 4 and 5.