Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    oh for crying our loud! Now Sy Snootles speaks English?
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

I really enjoyed this episode. Sure they didn't get Quinlan Vos exactly right, his dreds needed to be long, his character darker and less cheerful, and he's meant to quite good friend with Obi-Wan, but his portrayal could have been a lot worse. I was surprised, but glad to see them include his ability to read "memories" from objects.
    Loved the nod to the Anything Goes number from The Temple of Doom, I spotted that straight away.
    Also loved Zero's mother, I thought that was a great idea, and glad to see Zero get his comeuppance as I can't stand him.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Loved the nod to the Anything Goes number from The Temple of Doom, I spotted that straight away.
    I picked up on that right away as well. I love little easter eggs like that.

Is it me or is one of the Hutts modeled after Brando's Don Corleone?

Overall I thought it was a good episode. I'm not sold on Vos... he has potential but from what I've read, I think I'd prefer his more serious portrayal than how he was depicted in last night's episode.

Also agree on the English/Huttese. I wish they'd just stick with the Huttese and use subtitles or protocol droids for translation purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    I picked up on that right away as well. I love little easter eggs like that.

Is it me or is one of the Hutts modeled after Brando's Don Corleone?
    Yeah he is, the official episode guide says:

"The design and characterizations of some of the five Hutt families were inspired by mob bosses from classic cinema, including those played by Edward G. Robinson and Marlon Brando"

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars...pisode308.html

I realize they changed it to Hutt families to be more mob like, but I prefer them called Hutt Clans like in the rest of the EU.

Overall I thought it was a good episode. I'm not sold on Vos... he has potential but from what I've read, I think I'd prefer his more serious portrayal than how he was depicted in last night's episode.
    Yeah like I say I would of preferred him to be more serious, but I was expecting them to make him a lot worse.

Also agree on the English/Huttese. I wish they'd just stick with the Huttese and use subtitles or protocol droids for translation purposes.
    Yeah gotta agree with you on this as well mate.

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    oh for crying our loud! Now Sy Snootles speaks English?
    Yeah but her voice was sooooo cute! She and Zero sounded like Truman Capote's kittens. Sly killing Zero made up for everything though.

Why does Sy Snootles sound like the lady from Poltergeist?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Article On Ahsoka's New Look

Nifty little article with a new picture of Ahsoka's new look. Note the two lightsabers. Looks quite good: http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/...soka-new-look/

I think my biggest problem with Quinlon was how his face was drawn more then anything. His face was drawn up softer looking then Obi-Wan's face.

Looks like from the preview we get to see Ahsoka's new look this week.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    If you look at the preview video for Friday's episode, you briefly make out the back of Anakin when Savage force strikes. It looks like Anakin is now in his Episode 3 gear.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Here a look at the new look for all three main charaters:

http://starwars.com/theclonewars/new...oks/index.html

I prefer Ahsoka's new look, much better then the boob tube. Anakin still has dark brown hair though, that annoys me a little for some reason.

Wanted:

Here is the video (cannot embed)

http://starwars.com/video/view/001152.html

I am really loving Ahsoka's new design. She is one of the great characters on the show and this finally moves her into "real" character territory instead of just young sidekick
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I see Ashoka is getting a lightsaber dagger (or some kind of parry lightsaber). Have we seen that before?

In games we have seen it, in comics, not sure about novels but wouldn't surprise me. Yoda's sabre is essentially one.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    I see Ashoka is getting a lightsaber dagger (or some kind of parry lightsaber). Have we seen that before?
    Yeah they're called shoto lightsabers and have been in the comic and novels.

I think the first time we saw one was way back in the Marvel comics when Luke built one to use against Lumiya's lightwhip.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shoto

I hope we get a story thats explains why she starts using it and she doesn't just start just all of a sudden for no reason.
    Last edited by 13977; November 17, 2010 at 03:40pm.

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Yeah they're called shoto lightsabers and have been in the comic and novels.

I think the first time we saw one was way back in the Marvel comics when Luke built one to use against Lumiya lightwhip.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shoto

I hope we get a story thats explains why she starts using it and she doesn't just start just all of a sudden for no reason.
    Based on the way the stories go she will use it for half the season before we get the episode that explains why. Of course fans will think they influenced them putting this information in there, but it was planned all along.

This picture looks good:

I still think Anakin is going to have at least one other new look after this one. His robes are completely black in ROTS. So I guess that's going to come a bit later.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    This picture looks good:

I still think Anakin is going to have at least one other new look after this one. His robes are completely black in ROTS. So I guess that's going to come a bit later.
    Maybe he decides to always wear black after Ashoka's funeral lol.

Secrets revealed, why Vader always wears black!

Wanted:

Good News!

Right, some good news on the chronological front. Apparently, the Season 2 episode, Senate Murders, is actually the “newest” episode, meaning it’s the furthest along in the Clone Wars timeline to date. So, the three most recent episodes are Heroes on Both Sides (Ep10 of S3), In Pursuit of Peace (Ep11 of S3) and Senate Murders.

This is taken from the Heroes on Both Sides’ episode guide over on the official site: With the start of this arc, which continues in "Pursuit of Peace" and concludes in Season Two's "Senate Murders," the Clone Wars storyline advances to its furthest point in the timeline, and subsequent episodes should continue going forward without as much jumping back and forth.

So, it looks like all these prequel and sequel episodes could be a thing of the past. Good news, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Right, some good news on the chronological front. Apparently, the Season 2 episode, Senate Murders, is actually the “newest” episode, meaning it’s the furthest along in the Clone Wars timeline to date. So, the three most recent episodes are Heroes on Both Sides (Ep10 of S3), In Pursuit of Peace (Ep11 of S3) and Senate Murders.

This is taken from the Heroes on Both Sides’ episode guide over on the official site: With the start of this arc, which continues in "Pursuit of Peace" and concludes in Season Two's "Senate Murders," the Clone Wars storyline advances to its furthest point in the timeline, and subsequent episodes should continue going forward without as much jumping back and forth.

So, it looks like all these prequel and sequel episodes could be a thing of the past. Good news, methinks.
    Thanks for the news dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Telchar View Post
    Thanks for the news dude!
    So we only need a flowchart for 3 1/2 seasons
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I like Ahsoka's new look. The political episodes kind of bore me, though. I never cared much for Ziro, so I'm glad they got rid of him in the last episode.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Was it just me or did Ahsoka flirted with the Separatist? I kind of thought there was a moment between them.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Was it just me or did Ahsoka flirted with the Separatist? I kind of thought there was a moment between them.
    Yeah there was defiantly a moment between them.

This weeks episode kind of bored me. I noticed Ahsoka's second lightsabre on her belt, shame we didn't get an explanation for it, hope we do in a future episode. The infiltration droids reminded me of some robots or something from another film but I can't place what film I'm thinking about.
    Last edited by 13977; November 22, 2010 at 07:09am.

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I just keep being relieved that the productio team insisted in making Ahsoka older. Lucas wanted her to be eleven.